PSYCHIC better than barb as TW tank?? o.O

Comments

• mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Um.... ok... Can any Psy plz calculate aprox stats at lets say lvl 90 with 90s Heavy gear + those skills? (In case any are bored on wq)

._.

i indulged but the results are more fail then i thought. this is assuming average player, item availability, buffs, vit with the extra points

it shows blademaster but is the right calculations for psychics

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=3b6200db8aef4d60
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/

somebody go do it
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a26b5f320ba4861d
    for some strange reason after click it say blademaster but its psychic
    but a wizard with same gear has alot more pdef
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5103a8f0f8bd3ff5
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a26b5f320ba4861d
    for some strange reason after click it say blademaster but its psychic
    but a wizard with same gear has alot more pdef
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5103a8f0f8bd3ff5

in game no stat can go below base 5. also youve mixed arcane and heavy and the op specified no magic stat. good starting point tho

also, switching the class via the drop down menu doesnt reset that stat allocation or gear specs, so just click psy or barb.
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    in game no stat can go below base 5. also youve mixed arcane and heavy and the op specified no magic stat. good starting point tho
    you can get vit to 3
    arcane and heave because you can still use lunar weapon with this build and kinda good pdef but weaker magic defences
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    in game no stat can go below base 5. .

Then why is my mgk 3?
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How typical, OP asks a genuine question and most replies are troll/rude or outright flames.

Meh sign of the times on these forums far as i have seen lately.

@ OP, Like the way you think out of the box, keep it up!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How typical, OP asks a genuine question and most replies are troll/rude or outright flames.

There is an increasing amount of anger in the community b:surrender.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    o.o

3 things :

/uninstall
    /format ur C: drive
    /set ur pc on fire
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

One teacher always told me it's nice to be open minded... but not so much your brain falls out.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm not sure if the people speaking FOR psychic cat puller know what the skill Purge does, which might be why they keep posting it as possible.

Purge removes all positive buffs on a character. So your DEF lvl skill is utterly gone, removing the entire point of the idea. And you will get multiple Purges, from bows, venos, and BMs with spear.

So in short, it is without merit as it is based on one skill that will not be on during the fight to survive, as it will be gone in a second.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ain't gonna work unless you've got a psychic who's spent months pumping points into strength, vitality, and dexterity. Or have a cleric spamming heal like crazy.

Generally, though, we wouldn't be able to do enough damage to even call it talking. We barely last in regular BHes. Four-five hits and I'm a goner.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Then why is my mgk 3?
    DX
    it be VILKASS
    4r45s4.jpg
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    DX
    it be VILKASS
    4r45s4.jpg

._.

Oh btw grats on 89 b:chuckle saw a wc on LC just now ._. think pretty late one
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Purge removes all positive buffs on a character. So your DEF lvl skill is utterly gone, removing the entire point of the idea. And you will get multiple Purges, from bows, venos, and BMs with spear.

Exactly, and u can't rebuff within 2 secs, that's impossible. And no one will guard u while u pull a cata, common in TWs. b:bye

Anyways...I'd never go for it, it will make all ur other skills useless, except empowered vigor (which has a 90 sec cooldown so kinda useless too at catapullers). And all the barbs which have gotten useless will guard u and oneshot everything with a bow.
    Take calc and create a 90+ Barb with common equip and switch to psy afterwards.
    Should be self-explanatory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellois - Dreamweaver
    Bellois - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ain't gonna work unless you've got a psychic who's spent months pumping points into strength, vitality, and dexterity. Or have a cleric spamming heal like crazy.

Generally, though, we wouldn't be able to do enough damage to even call it talking. We barely last in regular BHes. Four-five hits and I'm a goner.

About not lasting in BH's, keep a supply of hp pots and hp food as well as bubble every time it regenerates. Obviously space your skills as to not steal aggro and you have no problem. Only time there would be a problem is if for some reason the tank dies. ><
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have never personally done a TW but I think I would cry if a psychic was tanking.

Veno purge = all your buffs gone.
    Psychic = even more squishy than a wizard
    Archer = epic sniper

So... psychic + veno purge + archer = dead psychic = no more tank

It's a very simple logic but it seems like a logic that flaws this argument... entirely.
    Of course I might be mistaken but generally if you are relying on buffs to tank and you're in a PK area/event, you're gonna get purged by a veno with more than five brain cells.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    having just been in TW... (and won, woot!)

psys are very vaunerable to wizards, as are wizards to psys. they would never make a great TANK for anything except PvE
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So... psychic + veno purge + archer = dead psychic = no more tank
    counter, Psychic Will. physical immunity for 5.x seconds

(what a surprise.. new layout, no forum fixes either..)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • /Krue - Heavens Tear32
    /Krue - Heavens Tear32 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Did some one ask for a super duper cash shop psych?

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c71851f2edba3db4

Just click on the psych button, because for some reason it resets it.
    Then you can add whichever buffs you want to it (because it also gets rid of them when i save it)
    10.9kHP & 18,444 phys def fully buffed + white voodoo = WTFHAX.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Did some one ask for a super duper cash shop psych?

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c71851f2edba3db4

Just click on the psych button, because for some reason it resets it.
    Then you can add whichever buffs you want to it (because it also gets rid of them when i save it)
    10.9kHP & 18,444 phys def fully buffed + white voodoo = WTFHAX.

Rule of thumb with Heavy Armor when you plan on PVPing: Always use magic defense ornaments.

Still not nearly as survivable as a pimped out CS Barb, but if a faction has a heavy cash-shopping Psychic as their only other option, I don't see why it wouldn't work against other, similarly weak factions. A hybrid Veno in fox form or a BM with Demon magic sutra would be my second choice after a Barb, though.

More organized TW factions would drop a well-equipped Psychic in seconds.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    o.O? A physic restatting to a high-vit build or HA?! Vit, maybe.... but HA, no way. The only caster class that should be ALLOWED to use HA are venomancers for the sole purpose of foxform. Psychics should just stick to DDing cause they'll never be tanks.
    >.<
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This made me LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Identical - Lost City
    Identical - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i dare you to do a heavy psychic with nirvana gears all 4 socket with all +2def stones that will add up to +48 def lvl then get def lvl stones in your weapon too so thats +4 means +52 def lvls get warsong belt and cube neck g15 an additional 6 def lvls 58 then use your def lvl +66 skill on psychic so you have over 100+ def lvl meaning u reduce damage taken by over 100%+ so does this mean the person hurts himself or u just heal >,>
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    i dare you to do a heavy psychic with nirvana gears all 4 socket with all +2def stones that will add up to +48 def lvl then get def lvl stones in your weapon too so thats +4 means +52 def lvls get warsong belt and cube neck g15 an additional 6 def lvls 58 then use your def lvl +66 skill on psychic so you have over 100+ def lvl meaning u reduce damage taken by over 100%+ so does this mean the person hurts himself or u just heal >,>

Rofl! b:laugh So... when do the diminishing returns on defenses come in? It's like I can't have +100% phys def; the more I get the more I need to get another %.

But damn if u're so rich to through $ on that equipment then get another class & go all out ._.
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Um...wow...

Um...never mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I know this is a necro...but we finally have a +10 nirvana hvy armor geared psy on Harshlands. We wouln't even consider for a minute to let him tank. I've seen him get nuked down in < 1 second to focus fire. They just can't compare to barbs. And their magic defense/hp ratio is just horrible. Barbs get shredded by magic but at least they have 30k hp to back it up.

Also...the reason barbs are flat out superior...It's not that they're that much tankier (I've seen barbs get 1-2 shot by wiz all the times, barbs are SQUISHY), they have the best survivability while purged and buffless...no other class can have 30k+ hp and 10k+ p. def while completely purged... :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A barb with some skill, good armour and an understanding of apoth can sit on your crystal indefinitely... suggesting anything else, to Fuzzy, is insanity.

And just because its necro, the panda is laughing too hard to close it.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • MrsChow - Harshlands
    MrsChow - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Asdfghhjklkll
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    A barb with some skill, good armour and an understanding of apoth can sit on your crystal indefinitely... suggesting anything else, to Fuzzy, is insanity.

And just because its necro, the panda is laughing too hard to close it.

I agree, they can sit there for quite a while...but indefinitely? o.0 Then every TW would be decided by barb only. Invoke + solid shield + ironguards could make him last around 50 seconds even under intense focus fire...if u can survive for those 10 more seconds maybe a 2nd invoke...but after that you're screwed :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I agree, they can sit there for quite a while...but indefinitely? o.0 Then every TW would be decided by barb only. Invoke + solid shield + ironguards could make him last around 50 seconds even under intense focus fire...if u can survive for those 10 more seconds maybe a 2nd invoke...but after that you're screwed :O

There's like 4 different classes that can purge a barb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.