Marriage: Change Chi embrace system is immoral, psychological trauma

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    dacul wrote: »
    I talked, she doesn't understand, I've posted this on forum, because I thought there are others in my position also and I wanted to hear people's opinions.

Don't think because you have strong feelings for someone, that you somehow have ownership rights to them.

snap out of your quasi-romantic possessive craziness, and stop being such an emo ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dacul
    dacul Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If she doesn't understand, then she's not for you. And you didn't post here because you wanted opinions. You posted to try and get them to change the game. (also, last post is edited if you wanted to read my little bit of an apology. Not much of one, but a little)
    I guess you are right. But I've posted a poll also.
    Thank you, but don't worry about apologies, at this point nothing can hurt me more than she did.
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *facepalm*

I met my bf in game. We married in-game out of...yes, out of love. Some people may think "oh how do you fall in love with someone that you haven't met", but that's a long story that doesn't belong here.

Now we embrace each other, and we embrace others and we only request that there's no kissing. Some don't listen, but we don't get our panties in a bunch because of that some.

It ain't cheating until one or the other party is caught doing more than a little "chi building" irl. Kthx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I guess you are right. But I've posted a poll also.
    Thank you, but don't worry about apologies, at this point nothing can hurt me more than she did.

Nothing can hurt you more than some girl embracing another guy on a video game. You're sounding like a good candidate for non-anesthetic transplant testing. b:victory You wouldn't feel a thing.

I'm being such a she-dog today. b:chuckle But guy, you just seriously need a reality check. I dunno what your mama did to you, but damn. Must have kept you in a bubble made of butterflies and rainbows most of your life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Traikers - Dreamweaver
    Traikers - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    myself and my fiance have been together for years and we play in the same room. in no way is it going to effect our relationship if one of us pics up another set of pixels and embraces. wow..this is actually sad that someone got offended by it.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Chi embrace system induces psychological trauma to married couples.

>> embrace system induces psychological trauma to married couples
    >> induces psychological trauma to married couples
    >> psychological trauma

What... It's just a game. Y'know, the thing you use to play for your amusement. I'm about half way speechless. I can't think of anything else to say.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wait this sounds familure........OMG Tomb:shocked is that really you or are you just another one of those crazy peopleb:surrender
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • _Lady - Dreamweaver
    _Lady - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm married to my in-game husband irl too, and yes it would upset me if he embraced another girl in game. Because to me it's still another girl even if she's a virtual one. He respects my feelings, so he wouldn't do anything at all that would hurt them. But this subject should be spoken about with your girl if it upsets you. So that's what you should do. If she doesn't understand, and doesn't care that you feel hurt, then she's not for you. I think it's that simple. Don't expect anyone to change the game for this.
    ~Characters~

_Lady: lvl 80 BM on Dreamweaver
    _Constantina: lvl 60 Cleric on Dreamweaver
    _Nomura: lvl 30 Wiz on Dreamweaver

Lady_Emal: lvl 61 BM on Sanctuary (Retired)
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I'm about half way speechless.

Exactly what I thought when I first read it. I couldn't even think of a single thing to say until it got even more stupid. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    just to add my opinion on the matter. if ur dating on this game and u dont really know the person. then apparently u have a relationship based on trust i would hope. so why dont u trust that the person is gettin carried for a reason or gettin embraced for a reason . not to just do it to make u feel bad. yes im married in game, but to the person i actaully date in real life. so maybe i dont fully understand , but i think if u trusted her and werent so jealous then it wouldnt be this big of a deal for u.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This thread made me lol. GJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    TBH if anyone's partner is embracing someone.. RL partner or not .. it might mean they are cheating b:chuckle .. just thought I throw that out there
    edited February 2010
    TBH if anyone's partner is embracing someone.. RL partner or not .. it might mean they are cheating b:chuckle .. just thought I throw that out there

Sure if they do it with the same person a lot............b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    and yes it would upset me if he embraced another girl in game.

I can make this sound really sad knowing there's about a 75% chance of it really being another man on the other side. Just a little tid bit b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You marry a player out of love or not, less important.
    Seeing (hearing from others) her carried/kissed by other males or seeing(hearing) him carrying/kissing other women, produces a lot of pain, because even if is only a marriage in a game, is your wife or husband. If you have real feelings for her or him is a lot more worse.

I married her out of love, but with a woman who says she loves me, but has no problem in hurting my feelings by embracing others, her argument being "is part of the game". I don't embrace/carry other women, never did, because I love only her.
    Over the months I got on board a lot of trauma and pain a lot of fights and I don't want to end up in hospital (like last year) or in a coffin. I must say it messed me up, but I can't give up on her, after how many sacrifices I've done, efforts I've put and money I've spent.

You, devs don't think only about the money you can make, think about what damage can produce this to our lives.
    You need to change this chi system, once married a character should be able to use embrace action(carry and kiss) ONLY with his/her partner.
    Change it because is immoral for married people to be able to interact with others than their marriage partner. The message sent to teenagers (and not only) who play this game is also bad.
    So let me get this straight..

The devs must re-code their whole embrace system just so you don't feel insecure about your e-wife getting e-kissed?

You, my anonymous friend, need to delete the game and go get some fresh air.
  • Maiira - Sanctuary
    Maiira - Sanctuary Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    imo its a game, games are meant to be fun, it its not fun its not worth playing. if this is all you can find go get a rl girlfriend/boyfriend. convince them to play pwi with you if its that important. and stop QQ'ing cause she gave some1 a hug on the computer screen.

-loling- "i think i pissed myself"
    lvl101 LA/AA demon veno ftw, 15251 hp buffed, 13508 buffed pdef in human. able to use tt100 fists at 5 aps w/ genie. all from 2 years of work... WASTED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    was fun while it lasted
  • Tsutai - Dreamweaver_1278799984
    Tsutai - Dreamweaver_1278799984 Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    q
    q
    q
    q
    q
    q
    q
    q
    q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    愛してる。。。いつも
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So let me get this straight..

The devs must re-code their whole embrace system just so you don't feel insecure about your e-wife getting e-kissed?

You, my anonymous friend, need to delete the game and go get some fresh air.

Beautifully put.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hmmm you seem like the stalker type.........

Jealous men usually end up lonely you know that right? What you need to do is desensitize yourself to it. This is truly not something that should bother anyone you need to correct yourself or find another way to get your emotions in check.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel - Harshlands
    Angel - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You guys don't understand.. all of you have no sympathy!!
    I know what the OP feels...
    I vouch for a revamp on the chi system!
    /wrist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]youtube.com/Angelolwut
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You guys don't understand.. all of you have no sympathy!!
    I know what the OP feels...
    I vouch for a revamp on the chi system!
    /wrist

b:bored no trolling angel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UltraStatic - Raging Tide
    UltraStatic - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ROFL THIS IS DUMB.. she prolly has a rl bf and you don't even know bro. its a game dump her and get a new one they are everywhere
    It wasn't me!
    [SIGPIC]http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu307/StarChieff/UltraSonic-1.gif[/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of the WHO DAT NATION!!!
  • Faith_z - Sanctuary
    Faith_z - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    First: Enjoy life for crying out loud instead of blowing every friggin detail into drama, theres too much drama going on in the world already.

On topic:
    Ok i met my current bf in another game. We lived in other countries, so obviously we couldn't see each other all the time, so msn and the game did the trick of being 'together' So yes i have done the relationship on a game part, and i have done the ' we cant see each other irl part' too.

1. Any relationship should be based on trust. Therefore, if your girl says its just for chi, you should beleive her. If you dont trust her, either something is wrong with your 'relationship' or with your trust in other people
    - If there is something wrong with your relationship, end it
    - If there is something wrong with you trusting your partner in a relationship or you always get this jealous, then there is something wrong with you, and i suggest you seek help in that case. (But as i read you, you blame her for 'hurting you' etc and wont see your own part of the blame, wich is ..pardon me being blunt here... 'normal' for people who have cling-on/jealousy issues)

2. A game remains a game, and therefore if you get into a relationship its good to check what view on ingame relationships your parter has. Same as rl really, some people beleive in 'open' relationships etc. If you dont talk that through, you gonna find out the bad way.

In the 'game' i was playing with bf when we had a very long distance relationship, you could do more then just kissing, im not gonna state what, you can imagine it and you could do it.

I dont get jealous of pixels,as i dont get jealous when bf hugs another girl in rl. Why, simple, he loves me, if i wasnt 100% sure he did, i wouldnt be in a relationship with him. its as simple as that..
    My caracters:
    Faith_z - 7x Cleric (main)
    HaveFaith_z - 5x Veno
    Ivory_Soul -3x Psychic

Dont give me an attitude, I got one of my own!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saitadatude FTW :P
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    First: Enjoy life for crying out loud instead of blowing every friggin detail into drama, theres too much drama going on in the world already.

On topic:
    Ok i met my current bf in another game. We lived in other countries, so obviously we couldn't see each other all the time, so msn and the game did the trick of being 'together' So yes i have done the relationship on a game part, and i have done the ' we cant see each other irl part' too.

1. Any relationship should be based on trust. Therefore, if your girl says its just for chi, you should beleive her. If you dont trust her, either something is wrong with your 'relationship' or with your trust in other people
    - If there is something wrong with your relationship, end it
    - If there is something wrong with you trusting your partner in a relationship or you always get this jealous, then there is something wrong with you, and i suggest you seek help in that case. (But as i read you, you blame her for 'hurting you' etc and wont see your own part of the blame, wich is ..pardon me being blunt here... 'normal' for people who have cling-on/jealousy issues)

2. A game remains a game, and therefore if you get into a relationship its good to check what view on ingame relationships your parter has. Same as rl really, some people beleive in 'open' relationships etc. If you dont talk that through, you gonna find out the bad way.

In the 'game' i was playing with bf when we had a very long distance relationship, you could do more then just kissing, im not gonna state what, you can imagine it and you could do it.

I dont get jealous of pixels,as i dont get jealous when bf hugs another girl in rl. Why, simple, he loves me, if i wasnt 100% sure he did, i wouldnt be in a relationship with him. its as simple as that..

This ^ b:lipcurl

/endthread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    Dractonis - Lost City Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL.

I r such a ho b:sad
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You marry a player out of love or not, less important.
    Seeing (hearing from others) her carried/kissed by other males or seeing(hearing) him carrying/kissing other women, produces a lot of pain, because even if is only a marriage in a game, is your wife or husband. If you have real feelings for her or him is a lot more worse.

I married her out of love, but with a woman who says she loves me, but has no problem in hurting my feelings by embracing others, her argument being "is part of the game". I don't embrace/carry other women, never did, because I love only her.
    Over the months I got on board a lot of trauma and pain a lot of fights and I don't want to end up in hospital (like last year) or in a coffin. I must say it messed me up, but I can't give up on her, after how many sacrifices I've done, efforts I've put and money I've spent.

You, devs don't think only about the money you can make, think about what damage can produce this to our lives.
    You need to change this chi system, once married a character should be able to use embrace action(carry and kiss) ONLY with his/her partner.
    Change it because is immoral for married people to be able to interact with others than their marriage partner. The message sent to teenagers (and not only) who play this game is also bad.

... The laughing emoticons really don't cover the amount you made my sides hurt laughing at your insecurity and obvious lack of normal human interaction within the boundaries of the real world. Grow up, see a psychologist and pull your brain together.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Actually is the only interaction I can have with her, except skype and I want something to remain special.

Btw how may of you married and have feelings for your partner?
    Is easy to talk when you did not experienced this.

I'm not only married to my partner, we also happen to be married in real life. I don't get freaked out if someone else chi's her or 'kisses' her in game. I know where she sleeps, and who she sleeps with (me). I am also not so emotionally fragile that a pixel kiss is going to drive me over the edge.

If even half of what you say about yourself is true, you have significant psychological issues you need to work on. I am not trying to be mean or nasty, I am serious and I do suggest that you try and get into therapy to help yourself.

I think after a few months/years of therapy, things like this will seem silly to you.

Good luck and seriously, do seek therapy, it will be helpful for your emotional well being.

~Saitada
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I could take this thread seriously and bash the OP with arguments..

But I'mma save myself the trouble and just say that the OP is ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I said /endthread b:angry

j/k b:chuckle Its still amusing me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    I think all he needs is a hug to make him feel better oh and we can't forget a ton of therapy and maybe a bucket full of pillsb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.