Putting a Stop to this

Options
_Whisper_ - Raging Tide
_Whisper_ - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Tideswell (East)
Since no one else believes that this deserves a post, I on the other have thought otherwise.

From the beginning of PWI, I have seen that the faction in Red takes over the map repeatly. Now do not get me wrong, I am not saying that the Red faction did not deserve to rule the map but again as a whole I am just tired of seeing this happen, and I know some of people believe or have the same feelings as I. And I believe the time to act is now, because the longer it takes to act on this, the harder as a whole it will become.

I can tell you right now, that as many small factions with our own personal goals, our fate is close to sealed, but If we worked together as many with 1 common goal, I believe that we can take this problem down, no doubt in my mind, yet we have to work Together

Now I understand that lines were crossed, boundaries were made, and we are all ready to take our guilds to the top, yet with they way it is looking now, I cannot really see it going anywhere. I want to TW's to be fun, instead of us going against the same faction every weekend.

Which is why I am typing this post, to ask who is with this cause, this final push in order to stop history from repeating itself. Im asking you all if you want to in fact be the people which could say we changed the history of PWI.

Now I know the road might be difficult, and I know some have ideas on how to stop this from happening. If you in fact have any ideas feel free to PM me if needed or post on this forums.

Doesnt matter to me, I just want to make sure I do what I think is right not only for me but for the server, and let there be fun TW's for many to come.

So lets make history, and let the good times Rollb:victory
[SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
Post edited by _Whisper_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Helr - Raging Tide
    Helr - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't this be a first push to stopping the red faction from taking the map? We've been at this for only a couple months, so its really not yet the time to call this a final push.

That being said, I'm sure i can speak for all of said red faction when i say this:

We look forward to seeing you on the field.
  • MeetTheMedic - Raging Tide
    MeetTheMedic - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So you're trying to incite some intra-server revolution against Infamy simply because...they're red? What is this, the 1950's?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Whisper_ - Raging Tide
    _Whisper_ - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So you're trying to incite some intra-server revolution against Infamy simply because...they're red? What is this, the 1950's?

Its not a server revolution, it is simply a question to see if anyone would like to oppose infamy in an organized manner. And its not mainly because they are red, it goes with the Sheep effect which always seems to end with the people going to the Red faction.

And again, this isnt anything against Infamy, it is just to prevent this server from going through what close to every other server has went through.

And to keep TW fun for a long time to come, because lets face it, if Infamy takes control for to long, this server will become very TW dead.

TW dead= Less people coming to the server

Less people coming to the server= More people having no reason to stay

No reason to stay= People leave

And for all those who have factions that are mainly pvp based= They slowly fall apart as the equation above takes effect

Now of course that is a simple explanation, and it is usually more complex then that, but thats the gist of it
    [SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I started playing here in hopes for a more colorful map. By the looks of things, the map won't be staying colorful in a few months so.. yeah.. fight the serverb:victory
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    row row fight the power
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    U can't tell this yet...sure Infamy will get more lands in the next few weeks, but this is no reason to assume that the map will be taken over by them.

Sit back and relax, no point in starting off a revolution against Infamy...will only cause more flamewars in WC and more hatred betweed the factions. And since there are too many ppl on this server, who judge ppl by the letters above their name and not their name itself this could get annoying b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darksniper00
    darksniper00 Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wouldn't this be a first push to stopping the red faction from taking the map? We've been at this for only a couple months, so its really not yet the time to call this a final push.

That being said, I'm sure i can speak for all of said red faction when i say this:

We look forward to seeing you on the field.
    Considering how I doubt you crack Infamy's top 80 I assume "seeing us on the field" means "I'll catch a glimpse of you while I'm busy being a base buffer and getting 1 shot"
    DarkSniper - 83 archer - quit

The only way to win the game is to leave it
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Can I join? I want TW opposition!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Considering how I doubt you crack Infamy's top 80 I assume "seeing us on the field" means "I'll catch a glimpse of you while I'm busy being a base buffer and getting 1 shot"

Lol cool main bro.
  • IPwnUNub - Raging Tide
    IPwnUNub - Raging Tide Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As much as i want this to happen, Not many guilds will want to do this
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    U can't tell this yet...sure Infamy will get more lands in the next few weeks, but this is no reason to assume that the map will be taken over by them.

Sit back and relax, no point in starting off a revolution against Infamy...will only cause more flamewars in WC and more hatred betweed the factions. And since there are too many ppl on this server, who judge ppl by the letters above their name and not their name itself this could get annoying b:surrender

Oh no , ppl have seen too much of this already , no matter which server they come from . Not taking action at the right time will have serious consequences . Sure it might be some time before all hope is lost but I'll fade away slowly till there's none at all b:sad so why not start trying now ?
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • darksniper00
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lol cool main bro.
    Rawrgh here b:bye

Not trying to hide who I am.

• Andronikos - Raging Tide
    Andronikos - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How many threads like this do we have to go through before you guys realize the the only thing you have to do is work together. I spent three weeks at lvl 85 in RB gamma teaching people to be part of a team. That has carried over into FC. If you knew how to gamma and then lvled past 85 without helping your faction, blame yourself. The secret behind any good faction is how well they work together. A faction will only be as strong as its weakest member. The simple fact is, if faction A seems to be doing better then faction B, faction B will lose members to faction A. Infamy did not steal anyone from any other faction. They applied on their own free will. We simply took the opportunity to improve our faction. I for one hope someone that has sense on the server will take leadership of a decent faction and build some competition. Trash talking has and whining has never did any good for anyone. Build something respectable, and people will come to it.
  • MyPixelsHurt - Raging Tide
    MyPixelsHurt - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How many threads like this do we have to go through before you guys realize the the only thing you have to do is work together. I spent three weeks at lvl 85 in RB gamma teaching people to be part of a team. That has carried over into FC. If you knew how to gamma and then lvled past 85 without helping your faction, blame yourself. The secret behind any good faction is how well they work together. A faction will only be as strong as its weakest member. The simple fact is, if faction A seems to be doing better then faction B, faction B will lose members to faction A. Infamy did not steal anyone from any other faction. They applied on their own free will. We simply took the opportunity to improve our faction. I for one hope someone that has sense on the server will take leadership of a decent faction and build some competition. Trash talking has and whining has never did any good for anyone. Build something respectable, and people will come to it.

very well said. and whisper...... ur an idiot. QQme had a good laugh at your remedial plans. one question: Are you Simple Stupid or Slow?
  • Dark_Exile - Raging Tide
    Dark_Exile - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Time as they say.....is key.
    If any of you are from sanc u will know nef owns the map, more the point the only faction ive seen capable of going toe to toe with them has been around since the early days..... yes i mean reg.
    Take a faction add some ppl, 4get the lvls 4get the t.w u know u cant win, since well that just makes ppl think u suck an bail on your faction, help each other learn each others strrengths an weaknesses, it may take time, an effort of course.
    but hell after a year i seen them take land from the top.
    lvls CSers an the like do it in the beggining, but in the end it counts for nothing
    Death is only the beginning.....

Vae Victus
  • wolfyyy
    wolfyyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

No dude. Its not just about having a guild with a good leader and memebers who work well together. I'm very sure there are many factions out there that has members that work closely and help one another.

The main problem lies with - most people are bornt greed. They want to be with the best and strongest. In some, or most instances, people easily guild hop from one to another because they lost just a weekend of TW. And just because one or two of the major guilds have a weak system doesnt mean the rest of the guilds are as well.

Picture this -> We have a well-known player who is a guild leader of a certain guild in another server ( possibily even better than Infamy's leader? ) . Back then, he owns the whole tw map. But he only joined the server recently and he's like lv 50 now. He wants to setup his own guild here. Now would any high levels join his guild?

If you are to take a step back and look at the whole picture, you can figure a chain reaction.
  • darksniper00
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why would someone whose the guild leader of a guild that owned the entire TW map want to come here?

Also, I must admit when I saw the thread title I was expecting madness, and had the appropriate "300" picture, and it has yet to be mentioned. Now I'm sad.

• wolfyyy
    wolfyyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why would someone whose the guild leader of a guild that owned the entire TW map want to come here?

Thats not the point. What I'm trying to emphasize is - people do not have faith in a guild leader who is " Level 50 ". He can promise everything in that Infamy may have right now - or even better - but no one will wanna move over. Because nobody likes to lose.

Everyone should be asking him or herself - Will you stand by your own guild despite all ordeals? Your guild can offer you everything that you wished for. But if its getting pounded on in TW week after week and the aftermath of your guild being removed from the TW map seems near and there is simply no way you can prevent it. Do you seriously think you will wanna stay? There may be a few ( very few ) loyal members, but I can bet hands down, the majority will leave for a stronger guild - no matter how crapped up the guild system may be.
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The Revolution will be GOOGLIZED" written and directed EvolA

Get out there and get after it. This server could really use someone to fix it up and save everyone. I hear some good ideas in this thread, let's just see some actions. I'm sure Infamy welcomes all competition and looks forward to some exciting TW weekends. I respect the rival factions and I'm not quite as certain as the OP that his doomsday predictions will come to pass. However, Infamy does seem like an attractive guild, so it's no big mysterious rocket surgery that some of the server's top players choose to be Infamy. So go ahead and put together something equally attractive and actively build it up to a competitive level then and come on with it!
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Andronikos - Raging Tide
    Andronikos - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wolfyyy wrote: »
    The main problem lies with - most people are bornt greed. They want to be with the best and strongest. In some, or most instances, people easily guild hop from one to another because they lost just a weekend of TW. And just because one or two of the major guilds have a weak system doesnt mean the rest of the guilds are as well.

Well picture it this way. Empire or Insight hadnt lost a TW when they had their breakdowns. Their moves were not for greed and either faction could have stood toe to toe with us. If was the lack of teamwork and uncontrolled drama that killed these factions. Not infamy. These factions made just as much coin as we did. So you theory doesnt apply here. Insight still hasnt lost a TW.

As for a leader of a great faction coming here now, he should have moves on week 1 like me. It stupid to come here and think after a month or two you will start off with all the good members.

The fact is the only competition on this server sits behind a keyboard and moans and groans instead of putting that effort into their faction. Carpe Diem. Means seize the day if you do not know. If you want something bad enough, the take the steps needed to take it. Do not whine and complain. That only makes people resent you.
  • darksniper00
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well picture it this way. Empire or Insight hadnt lost a TW when they had their breakdowns. Their moves were not for greed and either faction could have stood toe to toe with us. If was the lack of teamwork and uncontrolled drama that killed these factions. Not infamy. These factions made just as much coin as we did. So you theory doesnt apply here. Insight still hasnt lost a TW.

As for a leader of a great faction coming here now, he should have moves on week 1 like me. It stupid to come here and think after a month or two you will start off with all the good members.

The fact is the only competition on this server sits behind a keyboard and moans and groans instead of putting that effort into their faction. Carpe Diem. Means seize the day if you do not know. If you want something bad enough, the take the steps needed to take it. Do not whine and complain. That only makes people resent you.
    I felt like finding the cure for AIDS after reading this.

• Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its weird but so far in every single server the guild with red colour took over the most lands and in LC the guild with red colour took over all the lands lol I hope this doesnt happen here for u guys but so far Infamy from what my friends told me and from what I have noticed reading this forums is the most organized guild in RT. GL to all of youb:bye
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Melack - Harshlands
    Melack - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1. talk with the high lvls and leaders cause hey! they all have a common goal.
    2.merge or make a new faction now!.
    3.ppl from QQme and ppl like Fuzzy that post a lot! join that faction! let ppl lvl with u!....
    4.use ur brain maybe if u cant beat the 60% of the top lvls on the server make 2 guilds and i bet you will beat them! sweet and simple.
    5. pic a ramdom leader. is not about leadership is about ppl working for the same goal. wishper, accel, fuzzy, asher, anyone! make a new fac! and the ppl is going to join! cuz 80% came from another server and of those 80%....90% hate the red beast, they dont care if the red beast is calam, nef, infamy, QR, it doesnt matter! ppl just done like the fact that all the higher lvl gravitate to the best faction, but you gotta make a fac drama free...an organized fac. something that ppl with join! is not about defeating infamy is about having fun for at least a couple of months in TWs...!

lets call this new faction PRIDE (i luv that name b:chuckle) lets make history...:D
  • Venue - Lost City
    Venue - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1. talk with the high lvls and leaders cause hey! they all have a common goal.
    2.merge or make a new faction now!.
    3.ppl from QQme and ppl like Fuzzy that post a lot! join that faction! let ppl lvl with u!....
    4.use ur brain maybe if u cant beat the 60% of the top lvls on the server make 2 guilds and i bet you will beat them! sweet and simple.
    5. pic a ramdom leader. is not about leadership is about ppl working for the same goal. wishper, accel, fuzzy, asher, anyone! make a new fac! and the ppl is going to join! cuz 80% came from another server and of those 80%....90% hate the red beast, they dont care if the red beast is calam, nef, infamy, QR, it doesnt matter! ppl just done like the fact that all the higher lvl gravitate to the best faction, but you gotta make a fac drama free...an organized fac. something that ppl with join! is not about defeating infamy is about having fun for at least a couple of months in TWs...!

lets call this new faction PRIDE (i luv that name b:chuckle) lets make history...:D

inspirering and yet so nerdy
    btw qffuture reference gogo accel, whisper, fuzzy (f~u asher D:<)
  • ToyTank - Raging Tide
    ToyTank - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    creating 1 big faction is not enough, you need 2 or more rivaling factions to stack wars to cripple the bigger faction.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

b:cry <-- weakest player in-guild atm

Rofl sorry I just had to do that b:chuckle Oh QQ level kicks this sunday again.... not sure if I can make it because of computer issues >.<

Anyways, my comments for this thread :D

Omg, I wanna join!!!!!! Add me in! :D It sounds like sooooo much fun! I mean seriously, going against a huge guild like that? b:victory Sounds fun! But oh wait, I'm in Infamy... No can do LOL

Hahahahahaha if I get kicked from Infamy in the near future and they decline my app, then I'll join the movement, otherwise Infamy FTW b:heart
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Venue - Lost City
    Venue - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    taking revenge hopeb:sad give me your pass and you will have a epic lvl65 cleric in no timeb:chuckle
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hear my name in this thread b:avoid.
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Shade - Raging Tide
    Shade - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    creating 1 big faction is not enough, you need 2 or more rivaling factions to stack wars to cripple the bigger faction.

Wow that is the failest thing I have ever heard. If you need to gank the top faction to take a territory from them then what is the point? The next week they should be able to take it back from you easily enough. Now if you take a territory from them while they are at full strength, then you're getting somewhere, otherwhise its just "meh we'll get it back later"
  • darksniper00
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:cry <-- weakest player in-guild atm

Rofl sorry I just had to do that b:chuckle Oh QQ level kicks this sunday again.... not sure if I can make it because of computer issues >.<

Anyways, my comments for this thread :D

Omg, I wanna join!!!!!! Add me in! :D It sounds like sooooo much fun! I mean seriously, going against a huge guild like that? b:victory Sounds fun! But oh wait, I'm in Infamy... No can do LOL

Hahahahahaha if I get kicked from Infamy in the near future and they decline my app, then I'll join the movement, otherwise Infamy FTW b:heart
    Is it really that hard to do bounty hunter?