Options
1235»

Comments

• Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    using mirages/tisha/tienkung to +6
    I've successfully gotten pieces to +4 in this way like twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wait im getting confused now. Can u use the refine transfer stones on the first recast from 99 to nirvana. I have looked at the forges and have not seen the stones as an option. This seems kinda risky for me to test too. can someone break this down in "Nirvana for Dummies" form please.b:surrender
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Really i dont see the point of chienkun when it costs far more than using orbs O_O

Did they just put them out there so people would stop complaining b:chuckle.
    I think that's exactly what they did, and frankly I don't really blame them. People kept shouting, "Give us Chienkun stones! Give us refining transfers!", but never specified a price.

By pricing them the way they did they still maintained the high cost and rarity of high-level refines while also fulfilling their promises to the players about the ability to transfer refines to Nirvana gear.

I don't think the players can really be upset with the price. I raised the question twice in this thread, pointing out that the price was going to be high, but it didn't seem that many people cared. Thus I personally concluded people were mostly just upset at PWI for completely breaking their word.

Complaints about pricing now are similar to complaints that always happen any time anything new is announced in advance. Inevitably when the promised new feature arrives there are always people who are stunned to discover it may require significant time/effort/coins/whatever, rather than being free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Malilizi - Harshlands
    Malilizi - Harshlands Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Actually a full transfer on +10 weapon to Nirvana all steps cost 297 gold since someone just did it.

Was 199 chienkun to make the weapon into g13 than 178 more Chienkun for step 2 and the +10 stayed.

A regular Transfer on +10 is 400 golds so Nirvana is 103 gold cheaper. How ever using mirages/tisha/tienkung to +6 than orbs from sale to get a weapon to +10 is cheaper than 297 gold b:angry

First of all, who plus 6s with Tisha stones? Especially a weapon. I've only ever heard of a few people even managing +5 with them. Maybe there's some crazy luck over on Lost City but it's really not practical to base your calculations on luck.

Secondly, if you've farmed 250 crystals and there hasn't been an orb sale while you're farming and you have no orbs saved up, are you just going to say "**** it?" This is situational, just like everything else, but Nirvana IS A LOT cheaper than refining your gear with no sale prices. Even if you only calculate non-sale prices on the 1stars and magically +6 your weapon with mirages and use two dragon orb oceans it still comes out to be about 40 gold cheaper.

PW isn't going to base things on luck/sales and that is why the cost of stones is how it is.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    First of all, who plus 6s with Tisha stones? Especially a weapon. I've only ever heard of a few people even managing +5 with them. Maybe there's some crazy luck over on Lost City but it's really not practical to base your calculations on luck.

Secondly, if you've farmed 250 crystals and there hasn't been an orb sale while you're farming and you have no orbs saved up, are you just going to say "**** it?" This is situational, just like everything else, but Nirvana IS A LOT cheaper than refining your gear with no sale prices. Even if you only calculate non-sale prices on the 1stars and magically +6 your weapon with mirages and use two dragon orb oceans it still comes out to be about 40 gold cheaper.

PW isn't going to base things on luck/sales and that is why the cost of stones is how it is.

Well if you dont have any orbs saved up for a Nirvana piece, and you dont use mirages/tisha/tienkun for all the lower refines, than you're better of using the transfer refine option i agree.

Buying orbs from 1-10 during a non sale is of course more costly than than 297 gold, which is what a someone i know just paid to make a Nirvana weapon and keep the +10.

However any experienced PWI players with a brain do use mirages/tisha/tienkun from +1-6 than stack up on 1 star and 10 star orbs during sales or when gold is low, to use it when their endgame gear is ready. I dont think i spent more than 230 gold for any of my +10 refines.

But i guess there is a huge group of clueless PWI players that doesn't plan ahead with orbs (even tho they spent weeks and months in Nirvana), that doesn't know how to refine without orbs and doesn't mind charging a couple of extra 100 gold every week.The perfect customer for PWI and prices on Chienkun is obviously set to suit this group b:surrender
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You know I'm kinda glad I haven't reached 99 gold daggers yet. Saves me all this refine/socket transfer trouble.
    Guys if I make but never equip the gold daggers and upgrade it directly from my inventory to g. 13 nirvana, will the result be unbound, unrefined daggers?
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    skyxiii wrote: »
    You know I'm kinda glad I haven't reached 99 gold daggers yet. Saves me all this refine/socket transfer trouble.
    Guys if I make but never equip the gold daggers and upgrade it directly from my inventory to g. 13 nirvana, will the result be unbound, unrefined daggers?

yes. It won't be bound if you don't equip it.
  • Motoko - Raging Tide
    Motoko - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've successfully gotten pieces to +4 in this way like twice.

lol? I got 3 pieces of tt99, and a lunar cape to +5 today using 182 mirages and 29 Tienkang stones.

182 x 15000 = 2,730,000 coins
    2,730,000 / 350,000 gold atm = 7.8 gold

29 tienkang = 7.83 gold

7.8 + 7.83 = 15.63 gold

one 5* dragon orb = 16.2 gold -_-

I +5d 4 pieces of equipment for less than the price of a single 5* dragon orb. How do people get to 100+ without learning how to refine?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper. - T. S. Eliot
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yep, thanks to all who asked about and discussed the Recast/Reforge feature, because it honestly did make a difference in the game.

"Forges at the Palace of Nirvana - Chienkun Stones can be used here with the Recast and Quench tabs to keep your gears' refines and sockets as you upgrade them to Nirvana-quality!"

Ive been tho the forges i dont see this option
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Like so many things in this game: if you don't trust it, don't use it

Many things get changed and nerfed without informing players, like evrything. This is not new for this company. So you already know they are as thrustworthy as a junky trying to score crack.

Respond the same way: ingore and keep on walking.
    If you figure out something is a scam,: warn others to stay clear from it, and stop using it.

I really don't understand why people still think they should put their trust in anything in here. It's the internet, filled with crooks.

b:bye
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I am leaving my mark in this thread.

Okay, so what's going on? b:shutup
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "Forges at the Palace of Nirvana - Chienkun Stones can be used here with the Recast and Quench tabs to keep your gears' refines and sockets as you upgrade them to Nirvana-quality!"

Ive been tho the forges i dont see this option

When you have the following pre-requisites:

1)Correct quantity of rapture/uncanny crystals

2)The wep/equip to be recast

3)The required level of tailor/blacksmith

When you recast, a pop-up box will appear asking if you want to

1) retain sockets
    2) retain refines

or both, and the quantity of chienkun stones required will be specified for each case.