Requesting an official respnse in regards to Nirvana recasting process

Options

Comments

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Bump for justice! It better be good or I bring on the pitchforks and torches!
    I don't wanna lose my 4 socket lunar b:cry
    b:dirty
  • Thirteenth - Raging Tide
    Thirteenth - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What i'd like to know is: Was Wizzeled Refunded for his +12 lunar bow?
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thirteenth, that question will be answered for everyone after maintenance.
  • _PROVIDENCE_ - Sanctuary
    _PROVIDENCE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What i'd like to know is: Was Wizzeled Refunded for his +12 lunar bow?

I have no idea.

BUT in all honest truth, I don't know what the hell is going on with this Nirvanna fiasco, so I'm just going to make the damn thing, and then resort to refinements and sockettings till VERY LAST.

Am I making any sense? Oh gawd, I need a drink...

-Prov-
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Now is orb sale this weak. Should I refine my purgatory or not? If I would loose all my refined gear I wouldn't by dragons orb for weapon. We really need correct answer if we loose shard and refining or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I apparently am getting my bow back.

This is their reply, I am a bit mad about a certain part.

Bold = certain part.
    PWI wrote:
    Hello,

We have sent the Heavens Shatter Bow to the Sanctuary character, Wizzeled, through the in-game mail. The bow should be refined to +12 and it's imbued with 1x Garnet Gem. We were unable to include the Darkflame stone. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply back. We appreciate all the support!

But I salute the GM's for doing wonderfully and handling this with great professionalism. Thank you PWI.

The dex add on it is +16 when it is supposed to be +17, but oh well.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

I'm surprised they gave it back. That's pretty cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Fimmelpotze - Heavens Tear
    Fimmelpotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Bold = certain part.

But I salute the GM's for doing wonderfully and handling this with great professionalism. Thank you PWI.

The dex add on it is +16 when it is supposed to be +17, but oh well.

that means you got a +12 HS AND a nirvana HS now ? pretty nice deal b:laugh
  • ArchAngel - Dreamweaver
    ArchAngel - Dreamweaver Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hi frankieraye,

Any updates from the devs or whoever 'in the know'? A reply will be nice. Thanks. :)
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Still talking with the devs to figure things out, and I just wanted to let you know that we haven't forgotten about this.

Thanks for your patience :)

FrankieRaye
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

Still talking with the devs to figure things out, and I just wanted to let you know that we haven't forgotten about this.

FrankieRaye

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to hearing from ya again :)
  • Aggro_Kill - Lost City
    Aggro_Kill - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I know it's already been covered by the OP and others, but I'd like to beat it to death more.

The wording on how Nirvana would work led us to assume that some refine transfer method would be implemented. Many of us took that to be truth and went ahead and refined/sharded the **** out of our gear.

Obviously, regardless of any fluff or misdirection PW tries to spin our way, they have acknowledged a mistake as people are being offered back their gear that was lost when trying to upgrade to Nirvana.

Release the transfer method already. Other versions of PW have them and while this is PWI not some other version, the stones have been tested, they're out and they work fine.

The only 'research' being done is to see how it would financially impact the company and what is the best setup to ensure the maximum amount of cash flows into the corporate pocket.

It's a business and of course that is the primary objective. But man... the blatant display of greed is pretty astonishing and a major slap in the face to those of us who actually spend the money that keeps the game going.
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hey guys,

FrankieRaye

Thanks for the info. - It would be nice to find a solution for those who are "stuck" with their shards, refinements etc. and can't recast it
    edited March 2010
    Options

The wording on how Nirvana would work led us to assume that some refine transfer method would be implemented. Many of us took that to be truth and went ahead and refined/sharded the **** out of our gear.

^ this.

Unfortunately there is only so much a GM can do- to check with the devs and ultimately with the PWI management(directly or indirectly), who will have the final say.b:surrender
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the info. - It would be nice to find a solution for those who are "stuck" with their shards, refinements etc. and can't recast it

Asked before.. though i doubt PWI management really cares. GMs maybe but they cant really do much other than feedback our concerns.
  • OzryeL - Dreamweaver
    OzryeL - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    We are Many like me ready to go ( END GAME ) weapon planning on nirvana recasting

I have gathered slowly enough orbs from in game coins and of course real Cash money to make my Lunar Weapon +10 and Now PWI would tell me to Hold 5 more lvls and 2-3 months (time to gather all Rapture) before refining my weapon For NO REASON ...that wouldn't be really NICE !! b:angry

Yes don't expect me to waste month of gathering and may be 200-300$ and for some player 900$ more because the stone is not introduiced in PWI only ..lol

That would make many peoples Quit the game b:sad

AT LEAST, Please, Make nirvana Weapons most of the time used by players that SPENT money in the game Able to Transfer such high Refinements.

No weapon ref +10-12 are pure in game gathering...not possible anymore and lvl 95-102 are your best customers based on spending .

A stone ONLY For nirvana recasting. b:thanks
  • God_Evil - Lost City
    God_Evil - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its not offense... dont feel it in that way lol b:cute
    i've heard some players were told by GMs that u wont release kienquan stone no matter what, i dont know if thats true. another 3weeks after u asked us to wait and we waitted, we're feeling like we wont get it fixedb:cry. we love this game thats y we want it to be fixed, here i have a solution for this if u still cant find a way:P. just release a rock or something else that only work for nirvana instead of kienquan stone, of course we cant use it to transfer refine or refine other armors/weapons except nirvana parts. b:chuckle so we will be happy, u'll be happy, everyone will be happy^.^ yay ...dont hate me :( kthxbai:)
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Does the manufacturer's name replace the old name (if it's different) during reforging or recasting process?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    like that matters considering all the **** that's sorrounding the recast/reforge

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    like that matters considering all the **** that's sorrounding the recast/reforge

What's there to figure out?

first step use 100 stones = remove all gem + refine + sockets. Given random socket number while keeping original allowable stats (ex. a bow that has +15 dex but is allowed 14-16 dex, you may end up with 14, 15, or 16 dex in the end)
    second step use 150 stones = remove all gem + refine + sockets. Given random socket number + random stats from a pool of pre-selected stats.
    use 7 stones = reroll stats (random stats from pre-selected pool of stats) and keeps refine, gem, sockets.

What is so hard to understand?
    edited April 2010
    Options
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=25661&style=pwi

yay!!b:thanks

Whether it be a good thing or bad, at least us players are given a choice <333
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=25661&style=pwi

yay!!b:thanks

Whether it be a good thing or bad, at least us players are given a choice <333

Yep, thanks to all who asked about and discussed the Recast/Reforge feature, because it honestly did make a difference in the game.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yep, thanks to all who asked about and discussed the Recast/Reforge feature, because it honestly did make a difference in the game.

And the sacrifice of one very brave trustworthy Archer :P

:D
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah its amazing having choices.

I can pay around 500 golds and for that i get to keep my +10 refines when i make an item into g15 Nirvana. Or i can loose the +10 refines, but spend 250 gold and +10 it all over again.

So hard to choose if you wanna spend 500 or 250 gold for the same thing b:shutup

Really i dont see the point of chienkun when it costs far more than using orbs O_O

Did they just put them out there so people would stop complaining b:chuckle.
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    November:
    GM: "You'll be able to keep your refines and sockets when upgrading to Nirvana gear via a new item in the Boutique to be released with the upcoming expansion!"
    Us: "Yay!"

Decemeber:
    Us: "So, how do we keep our refines? These 'Chienkun' things? Where are they?"
    GM: "We have no plans to release Chienkun stones."

January:
    Us: "But... you said back then we'd be able to-"

February:
    Us: "Well, if you won't release Chienkun stones, will you release another item to allow us to transfer them?"

March:
    GM: "We've eliminated the need for Chienkun stones in the 'Reforge' step of the recasting process!"
    Us: "Yay! Now I can go recast my +12... WTF?!?!"
    Us: "Okay... I guess I'll just refine up to +10 all over again after I amass 250 crystals at once, since they're not going to let us transfer it, anyway."

April:
    GM: "Chienkun stones have arrived!"
    Us: "........."

Real cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Malilizi - Harshlands
    Malilizi - Harshlands Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't get why people are always so grossly misinformed about things that are very easy to check. The number of stones it takes to transfer a refine to a different piece of armor IS NOT the same as the number of stones to transfer to your Nirvana gear via the forges.

If you were to transfer a +5 from one piece of gear to another it would cost you 60 stones. However, if you were to transfer your plus 5 to your Nirvana gear via the forges it only costs 8 stones. For a full recast the savings is 11 gold with normal prices, 1 gold with sale prices. Of course it's probably not worth it for +5 but for higher refines the savings become quite noticeable and are definitely worth it.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    January:
    Us: "But... you said back then we'd be able to-"

February:
    Us: "Well, if you won't release Chienkun stones, will you release another item to allow us to transfer them?"

Real cute.

Actually, to be fair, between late December and January their response changed from "We have no plans to release Chienkun stones" to "We are looking into the possibility of releasing them in the near future".
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't get why people are always so grossly misinformed about things that are very easy to check. The number of stones it takes to transfer a refine to a different piece of armor IS NOT the same as the number of stones to transfer to your Nirvana gear via the forges.

If you were to transfer a +5 from one piece of gear to another it would cost you 60 stones. However, if you were to transfer your plus 5 to your Nirvana gear via the forges it only costs 8 stones. For a full recast the savings is 11 gold with normal prices, 1 gold with sale prices. Of course it's probably not worth it for +5 but for higher refines the savings become quite noticeable and are definitely worth it.

Yes only 8 stones for the first Nirvana step <.<

You do know that you have to use chienkun TWICE during the Nirvana process. First step when you make it into g13 its cheaper than a normal transfer yes, than however for step 2 when you make it into g15 you need Chienkun again to keep refines and far more than first step. All together it costs about the same as a regular transfer at boutique agent.

I wish i had exact numbers for amount needed step 2, maybe someone that knows Chinese can check Chinese forums/Guides.

But i guess if you only want a g13 Nirvana piece/weapon, than its worth it. No clue who wants to run around with g13 Nirvana tho O_O
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    But i guess if you only want a g13 Nirvana piece/weapon, than its worth it. No clue who wants to run around with g13 Nirvana tho O_O

The only instance I can think of is for a fist/claw user who wants the Nirvana look as well as the refine bonuses for the higher base damage, but would prefer to keep their -interval on the weapon.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Actually a full transfer on +10 weapon to Nirvana all steps cost 297 gold since someone just did it.

Was 199 chienkun to make the weapon into g13 than 178 more Chienkun for step 2 and the +10 stayed.

A regular Transfer on +10 is 400 golds so Nirvana is 103 gold cheaper. How ever using mirages/tisha/tienkung to +6 than orbs from sale to get a weapon to +10 is cheaper than 297 gold b:angry