Marriage quest pkers

2»

Comments

• Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you missed my point, which is to be expected. Not everyone has the luxury of Skype overseas. My point, however moot it may be, is that some people dont have the priviledge to see their loved ones, for reasons afformentioned in my header post. The issue is, to try to keep these sections a bit more nice. Pking isnt the issue, the issue is the zone itself, and some minute chance for romanticism with our distant loves whether they be seperated by buisness, War or other unavoidable things.

I really am sorry.

You've started a discussion about PKers, and Common Courtesy - and these two don't meet.

People who PK don't *care* about what you want, or your opinions, or your enjoyment of the game. If they can kill you *and* irritate the **** out of you, then they are as happy as they can be.

You have already discovered the 13 year old No Caps/No Puctuation/No Braincells crowd response (barbkev) and the "re-roll n00b" crowd, and the rest of the sadistic idiots that respond to these messages. I wish I could have warned you before you went white-named, but it looks like you're stuck there.

If you want to play the game in a reasonably relaxed manner, I would either start chars on a PvE server, or just not leave the safe areas.

I wish you luck.

RedMenace

\welcome to Idiocracy
    \\it's like multiplayer Pokemon, with shotguns
    \\\under 18 get unlimited ammo
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I really am sorry.

You've started a discussion about PKers, and Common Courtesy - and these two don't meet.

People who PK don't *care* about what you want, or your opinions, or your enjoyment of the game. If they can kill you *and* irritate the **** out of you, then they are as happy as they can be.

You have already discovered the 13 year old No Caps/No Puctuation/No Braincells crowd response (barbkev) and the "re-roll n00b" crowd, and the rest of the sadistic idiots that respond to these messages. I wish I could have warned you before you went white-named, but it looks like you're stuck there.

If you want to play the game in a reasonably relaxed manner, I would either start chars on a PvE server, or just not leave the safe areas.

I wish you luck.

RedMenace

\welcome to Idiocracy
    \\it's like multiplayer Pokemon, with shotguns
    \\\under 18 get unlimited ammo

Ok so I dont use puctuation but hes already on a pve server so maybe you should pay less attention to that and look what other people posted instead off no good puctuation means ignore the whole post and the OP knows what pk mode is and doesnt pvp thats kinda clear he just doesnt like other pvpers in the MQ areas

Ok and since you think my posts are mindless i will explain you why i don't use puctuation first this is the internet and i wanna post fast so i kinda ignore puctuation and just typ out whole words but forget capital letters and dots
    second english isnt my first/native language so i have my grammar and spelling mistakes

And last maybe my posts seem mindless but I add on what others have posted to I don't post it again which might be a reason my posts seem mindless
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Ok so I dont use puctuation but hes already on a pve server so maybe you should pay less attention to that and look what other people posted instead off no good puctuation means ignore the whole post and the OP knows what pk mode is and doesnt pvp thats kinda clear he just doesnt like other pvpers in the MQ areas

Ok and since you think my posts are mindless i will explain you why i don't use puctuation first this is the internet and i wanna post fast so i kinda ignore puctuation and just typ out whole words but forget capital letters and dots
    second english isnt my first/native language so i have my grammar and spelling mistakes

And last maybe my posts seem mindless but I add on what others have posted to I don't post it again which might be a reason my posts seem mindless

Hey Barbariankev,

Here is some timely advice and it comes with experience.

Just ignore Redsmenace. He sits on his step stool in the park alone hoping someone will listen to the nonsense he spouts.

b:victory
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hey Barbariankev,

Here is some timely advice and it comes with experience.

Just ignore Redsmenace. He sits on his step stool in the park alone hoping someone will listen to the nonsense he spouts.

b:victory

By all means, encourage him.

He's all yours.

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Rincia - Raging Tide
    Rincia - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Because I can. Why else fight for something important? Some fail to see the relevancy in my argument, others may. I may also just be foolish to think respect could come from meagerly asking for it for such a minute detail. *shrugs* The fact of talking, and the fact of doing together, are two completely different things. MSN is like talking to a board. but if you add something to it, where you can actually be attached and close, the chat window evolves. You dont really come to terms with it, unless you've been there yourself.

I know how this feels. My sweet heart and I are a 15 hour drive away. PWI is something to do together, though we frequently skype.

We haven't tried the marriage quests yet, but I would assume that it would be annoying to be killed. Considering though that you're apparently in a PvE server, it shouldn't be a problem... Unless you're in PK mode before your wife logs on, for which my advice is to sacrifice PvP altogether. b:victory
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And you felt the need to necro this thread... why exactly?

People need to stop grave digging because it's getting irritating seeing old threads suddenly pop back up after they died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010

People need to stop grave digging because it's getting irritating seeing old threads suddenly pop back up after they died.

o.o'
    hasn't been even been a month yet though.
    b:sweat
    in fact this thread be started only a little over a week ago lol.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    What hamsta said is true but I wouldn't mind seeing this thread die instead off popped up over and over
    Second this is the wrong sub-forum for a thread like this even though the thing the OP wants is selfish as he just ignored any suggestion given to him

And lastly do me a favor and let this thread dieb:angry
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Feroxine - Lost City
    Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I'd hardly say six days counts as thread necromancy and surely t'is better that she posted on an existing thread as opposed to creating an entirely new one on the subject?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'd hardly say six days counts as thread necromancy and surely t'is better that she posted on an existing thread as opposed to creating an entirely new one on the subject?

Frankly, this topic was ridiculous enough that when people stopped posting on it... they should have left it that way.

With a thread as plain stupid as this one (PK on a PvE server and you're complaining about it... what?) six days is easily enough to say it was necro'd if somebody posts on it again. Why?

Because it should have stayed dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010

But are you not keeping it alive yourself by still posting in it ?
  • Rincia - Raging Tide
    Rincia - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't mean to "necro" again, but I just wanted to apologize. I'll admit I'm a definite newbie and didn't even realize the time of the last post. b:surrender

Anyway, I'm sorry.
  • Lixra - Harshlands
    Lixra - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Delicious irony is delicious :3
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    never once in my entire post did I say I was ever pk'd during. Nor did I say I dislike Pkers. love how people dont read. the Original post was "to try to keep the area somewhat nice, for those who dont have the ability to see one another."

If I was in pk mode, I'd make the same statement, its kinda like pking someone while killing a world boss, its just not kosher.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    never once in my entire post did I say I was ever pk'd during. Nor did I say I dislike Pkers. love how people dont read. the Original post was "to try to keep the area somewhat nice, for those who dont have the ability to see one another."

If I was in pk mode, I'd make the same statement, its kinda like pking someone while killing a world boss, its just not kosher.

You "keep the area nice" by switching to squad mode, nuff said.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    NOOOOOOO!!!!

Don't take away one of my biggest sources of lulz left in this game, I love pk'ing other couples with my wifey on MQ b:surrenderb:victory
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    oh my god...

I read the OPs post about love and sweethearts.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

If that is the case, you really need to find another facet of communication with your intarnet "Sweetheart". Or is this game the only thing that keeps her interested in you? If THATs the case..GG
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Haden, I sympathize. Ideally the whole of PWI would run with respect for each other-- but that won't ever happen. I understand that you want to have a peaceful time *doing* something with your wife-- but you still have the choice of doing dungeon runs for a bother-free environment. Treat marriage quest as any other quest, and deal with its problems as a couple ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    OBOY - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I realize this request may not be recognized, may not even be acknowledged, but I still would like to make this simple request. Many people who play this game and have gotten married to their real life sweetheart, significant other, spouse or what have you, play this game. Many of the other people simply married for the rewards. But the few of us who have married to our real life sweethearts, some may not have the priviledge to actually see them. Some of these couples are seperated by distance, some may be disabled, others may be fighting in a war, and be spending what little time they have to say their I love you's during this short married daily quest.

My request is very simple, can we attempt to keep Player killing out of the married quest areas? Or, if that is unfeasable, turn MQ NPC zones into small safe zones. Out of respect for those who dont have the opportunity to see our cherrished loved ones up close, for those who are actually in a warzone telling their honeys they love them, and spending the brief few minutes with them they have.

b:laugh wow i LOL realy hard, if your're wasting what little time you have with a loved one on a game then that time isnt very importantb:chuckle, you both have computers use your time more wisely choose another way to talk
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    First of all, old thread. Secondly, there's no pking in a non pvp server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    First of all, old thread. Secondly, there's no pking in a non pvp server.

Yes there is pking on a non-pk server it's just not forced at lvl 30 or anytime, you manual switch to it.....
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Iron_Chef_Jr - Dreamweaver
    Iron_Chef_Jr - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I am not even gonna read anymore.... Quit QQing and dont be white named Plain and simple..............
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes there is pking on a non-pk server it's just not forced at lvl 30 or anytime, you manual switch to it.....
    Then they can turn the switch off then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • XxStormy - Harshlands
    XxStormy - Harshlands Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have no clue if anyone said this or not but im laughing to hard to read.

If you are accross seas fighting a war. i think the last thing on your mind would be pw and wedding quest.. And what little time you can spend with your loved one shouldn't be on a video game.

And if your disabled irl and all u care about is clicking a button on a game dont complain. You dont want pity for being Disabled dont use it to not get pked..

Or simple solution

Leave PVP server

and go to a fail PVE server if you dont want killed b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • christalline
    christalline Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    PVP is NOT PVP when you have 5-17 vs 1-2...that is bullying, pure and simple. They cash shop and oracle **** their way to higher lvls and then camp quest areas pking lower lvl people. This is not pvp... PvP, in my mind is a PLAYER VERSUS A PLAYER not a MOB VERSUS A PLAYER or someone 20 lvls over you harrassing you. The mentality behind such individuals is ridiculous. Half the time in this game I feel like I am in Romper Room. Trolling children who get butt hurt when you kill them defending yourself from them then chase you around the server with a squad everytime you see them because they themselves could not kill you that one time. And MQ on Lost City server is almost not worth doing anymore. Koi, Harvester, and ThaClick ensure all day every day is nothing but in game drama until Essence or Kami come and run them off long enough for other to do the MQ. Then you have the Spectral- Essence wars where every bystander in the area gets killed because these two factions go insane all the time if you but them in the same area. Lost City is not a pk server it is a Mafia server.. and it is the mafia mentality that is making so many switch from this game to other games. PVE servers you get high lvls who camp mats and mobs so noone can get anything done, pvp servers you get high lvls who camp everything to keep people from lvling just out of spite. For instance 2x events...Koi and ThaClick pking everyone they can ,as a faction, going to and from frost and twilight temple (TT hoping for drops- too lazy to make the runs themselves imo). Then you have to stop what you are doing to clear the area out of the pests that say "OoO it is a pvp server". Like I said that is not pking it is pure bullying. We dont find them mobbing up to pk in Heaven and Hell or any of the other places their own lvls would be and why...the people are more likely to be their lvl and be able to kill them.
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Go blue name.

Also, OP, your signature is horribly wrong and it made me laugh almost as hard as this thread.

Person above me: GTFO with your wall of text, Jesus...
    hai2u