Hello Archosaur forums

CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Etherblade (West)
Im pretty new to the server forums, I check the forums regularly but usually don't post too much

This post is more of a way to say hello and maybe liven up our server's forums

Just a lil intro, im CANUS_MAJOR a 101 barb been playin PWI on and off for the last 5 years, only been more active these last 2 years and I've been a long time member of Darkness

My favorite thing about Archosaur is the sense of community, alot of people seem to know each other or atleast recognize people's names. For better or worse, Archosaur to me is a nice little bar where everyone kinda knows each other. Though we do like bar fights b:chuckle

Anyway feel free to state ur name what is your primary faction, and say something you like about Archosaur b:pleased
The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
Post edited by CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur on

Comments

• __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I miss Narla vs Impulse rivalry, Nemesis vs Elusive/Zulusive wasnt bad either. Who wants to be the new bad guy to provoke this forum alive? =p It kinda sucks we cant keep these forums alive w/o drama but honestly whole server feels sorta dead since nobody dares to say anything to provoke rivalries. Where is the guys with balls or Geos with egos?

Rivalry isnt all bout hating the other or going over the line of bannable offense but what we got going isnt only boring but its fake. Maybe this season will change things, Defiance & Rogue hitting on each other early into season, gonna be interesting to see if few months of TWs are enough to spark rivalries. Oh how I wish TW map only reseted once every year. Seems like it resets once every tear some kid sheds for big kids owning the map.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    *in a panicked rush checks pants* yep I still got my balls, I just don't feel the need to swing em around and crack skulls b:chuckle

But i do see your point _Sami_ about rivalries, most factions are for the most part on pretty good terms with each other. Whether this is a good thing or not is debatable.

When it comes to drama however, I think it says more about our server as a whole that people aren't entertained unless drama is going on.

I see the appeal to drama, and for the most part I find it entertaining, but at some point every drama queen that decides to come out of their Palace of Snobbery from the Land of false Entitlement looks and talks the same and the element of surprise or "woah i can't believe they said that" is quickly lost...
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    To me rivalries are clearly good for entertainment, honestly, I used to watch quite a bit of hockey and if you got your favorite sport, what kind of games you watch most? To me it was the rivalries, heck, I even watch el classico on soccer and I aint that big of a fan of soccer. Pretty much only games I watch outside WC, which is in Brazil in half a year but Im derailing. Rivalries are clearly good for entertainment as long as they dont go too far, its understandable to cross the line but its not something one can defend.

Maybe drama was wrong word for it but everybody knows certain people are trashtalked in "private", word really goes around. And its my point bout being fake, there is this need to act "we are all fun and cuddly" so factions wont burn bridges with factors but in fact people are trashtalked on gc "all the time". I just miss the time when people didnt get along and admitted it instead of this fake bs to not burn bridges while in the same time trashtalking said people in private. Bullying isnt something to aim for though, crossing line can be easy but not something that should be accepted.

Summa summarum, I miss the times when our server was more lively and rivalries clearly create that buzz. Going too far can be easy though and its not something I am looking forward to.
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rogue vs defiance wasnt really a rivarly tho, more like a cold war hehe, they dont hate each other, proly some people on each fac does, but relationship is fine from both sides.

i was in rogue last season very fun faction
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Rogue vs Defiance rivalry is too carebear.

WTB more barfights similar to the faction eras Sami mentioned!!!! b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    rogue vs defiance wasnt really a rivarly tho, more like a cold war hehe, they dont hate each other, proly some people on each fac does, but relationship is fine from both sides.

i was in rogue last season very fun faction

I guess I didnt say I wish TWs would spark rivalry, did I?

Ps. Go away Mark
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Shut up Meg.

Don't really want people to "hate" each other, or use personal attacks, but I do miss and love a good rivalry that motivates the server to gear up, shut the opposing side up, PK them, etc. It adds flavor to TWs. I look back on some of the goldmine threads in our Archosaur subsection forum and really miss it.
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Shut up Meg.

Don't really want people to "hate" each other, or use personal attacks, but I do miss and love a good rivalry that motivates the server to gear up, shut the opposing side up, PK them, etc. It adds flavor to TWs. I look back on some of the goldmine threads in our Archosaur subsection forum and really miss it.

Geo creating thread over youtube video to troll proski and getting trolled back in same manner, raging hard and deleting posts the next morning. At times things went too far, no question bout it but I do miss the times it didnt go too far. 1k apo arguments, god how I miss those.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Geo creating thread over youtube video to troll proski and getting trolled back in same manner, raging hard and deleting posts the next morning. At times things went too far, no question bout it but I do miss the times it didnt go too far. 1k apo arguments, god how I miss those.

ROFL! I used to worldchat buying 300 IG's for "tt" and then say "got them, thanks" LOL was great.
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    ROFL! I used to worldchat buying 300 IG's for "tt" and then say "got them, thanks" LOL was great.

IGs are for PvE!
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe if the people who played on this server grew a pair of balls and stopped fleeing to the current "IT" faction of the quarter, there would be a chance for rivalries to take place.

The first rivalries this server saw were created out of two opposing factions, wanting to prove to themselves, each other and the server that they were the best, in different areas. Gear, teamwork, coordination, structure, tactics, ect.

What the most ironic thing is about the rivalries that existed previous, a few involving Narla versus multiple factions, was that it wasn't about not liking the other faction, or having a grudge (I speak for myself, not for Geo). It was pure sport. Sure, things will be said, actions will be made, and feelings will get hurt, but that is the price you pay for a damn good time b:laugh

Faction leaders lately need to be willing to get their hands dirty, and have a faction willing to back them up no matter what the risk may be.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Faction leaders lately need to be willing to get their hands dirty, and have a faction willing to back them up no matter what the risk may be.

Good luck with that.

Grow some balls and do something new or challenging for your faction and your members are going to leave in droves. Sad, but true.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Good luck with that.

Grow some balls and do something new or challenging for your faction and your members are going to leave in droves. Sad, but true.

In most cases, true. There are a few rare instances where they band together. One could only hope that happens more than we would think.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    In most cases, true. There are a few rare instances where they band together. One could only hope that happens more than we would think.

What is this hope you speak of, and can I cash shop it?
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    What is this hope you speak of, and can I cash shop it?

His just some level 30BM who doesnt know what his talking bout. You can always order mail-order bride from somewhere called hope and thus buy it with real moneys!
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    His just some level 30BM who doesnt know what his talking bout. You can always order mail-order bride from somewhere called hope and thus buy it with real moneys!

I've really gotta stop listening to those level 30 blademasters.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    I've really gotta stop listening to those level 30 blademasters.

Yup. Nothing but trouble.
  • Kattanyia - Archosaur
    Kattanyia - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For all my carebear whining and QQing over all the drama in the past I would give anything to see some of it come back. Hell, bring back Proski and Geo even.

I would be happy to have WNB trolling me and Rob attacking me about my "dusty panties" (I STILL laugh my a$$ off when I remember that post..EPIC)..and BLOOD and Pro telling me what an idiot I am (which turned out to be true...god I HATE it when BLOOD is right!!!)....b:laugh At least acting like a dumbass brought some added drama and entertainment value which we need back!!!

This next tw season has got to change. Since I don't have any anatomical balls I'll just have to borrow some from one of you guys and see what might be done to shake things up a bit next season. I'm seriously bored as hell right now.
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    For all my carebear whining and QQing over all the drama in the past I would give anything to see some of it come back. Hell, bring back Proski and Geo even.

I would be happy to have WNB trolling me and Rob attacking me about my "dusty panties" (I STILL laugh my a$$ off when I remember that post..EPIC)..and BLOOD and Pro telling me what an idiot I am (which turned out to be true...god I HATE it when BLOOD is right!!!)....b:laugh At least acting like a dumbass brought some added drama and entertainment value which we need back!!!

This next tw season has got to change. Since I don't have any anatomical balls I'll just have to borrow some from one of you guys and see what might be done to shake things up a bit next season. I'm seriously bored as hell right now.

You know, I was right too and not just trolling. As for promoting entertainment? We need faction like impulse/Elusive, faction with PvP oriented players who dgaf if ppl like them or not. People on this server are way too concerned what other people think of them or more like leaders tend to be. I honestly miss the atmosphere of factions, which are usually lead by young adults and are bout beating the others. That creates rivalries and entertainment for everybody.

Honestly, server should of not listened to Blood and his rambles bout fun, it kinda cost us the rivalries with the TW map reset ****. While on short term it was fun, on long term we lost the entertainment. Granted his rambles were only minor part of it if they were part of it at all, far larger is this map reset ****.

Ps. You bored cause you in Supermen, I had fun weekend with closer to 4h of good TW I think.
  • Bloodmystlc - Archosaur
    Bloodmystlc - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ..and BLOOD and Pro telling me what an idiot I am (which turned out to be true...god I HATE it when BLOOD is right!!!)....b:laugh At least acting like a dumbass brought some added drama and entertainment value which we need back!!!

My good woman, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know you, and I never told you what an idiot you are.

I am just a lvl 1 bm looking to make my way in this strange, but very quiet and peaceful, land called Archosaur server . . . . .

Honestly, server should of not listened to Blood and his rambles bout fun, it kinda cost us the rivalries with the TW map reset ****

The server listened to blood? When did that happen? Screenies or it never happened!
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Alright mudda humpers. Let's get this show on the rode. 'Murica!
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want fun tw's again D: b:cry

Some of my favs was when Nem was gonna win the title (we did) and we had 6/7 way ganks Rogue, Defiance (or teletubie) and the other lowbie guilds and we was winning them all!!! i miss those lol.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Relationship - Archosaur
    Relationship - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    b:pleased

BlurrBerri here..uh current guild im in Defiance..What i like about arch well..when i first started playing on this server about a year or so coming from (heavens tear of 5 years) there were really nice people on here that helped alot b:cute , uhm..haven't ever been trolled or anything so its a good feeling hehehe

It is nice seeing you around Canus i remember you when you were like level 80ish in a low level guild when i was level 74 b:laugh

Oh and! TW's are fun and something actually to do in game, then sitting around doing nothing at all :D
  • OIdManMagic - Archosaur
    OIdManMagic - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want fun tw's again D: b:cry

Some of my favs was when Nem was gonna win the title (we did) and we had 6/7 way ganks Rogue, Defiance (or teletubie) and the other lowbie guilds and we was winning them all!!! i miss those lol.

My good woman, as someone older and wiser (well, at least older), I must say that what killed the server was NOT that the server listened to this blood person to whom everyone keeps referring (I simply must meet him some day, he sounds like quite the interesting fellow), but precisely what you describe above.

Let me see if I can say this plainly enough for even hormone riddled teenages to understand:

If you WANT competition, there has to BE competition.

In order for there to BE competition: (A) on a macro level different factions must be COMPETITIVE with each other, and (B) on a micro level different gear must be COMPETITIVE with each other.

(A) In order for different factions to be competitive with each other, people have to be willing to shake up tw a bit. MAKE competition. For while certainly it is fun to be in a mega faction that can successfully defend 9 tws in a weekend, doing so merely ensures that people will not waste their time next week. I can't tell you the number of times I heard this weekend about how crazy "certain" tws were. "We won in x minutes." "I was in their base on their crystal the whole time and noone even hit me." Etc. Etc. Etc. Go to an underdog faction. And do so by yourself - don't drag along 30 of your over geared friends who've got rings worth 2b coin, etc. Do it by yourself. Or, if you only WANT to play with your friends, make a faction with just your friends. But THAT's all. DON'T make a faction with your 30 over geared friends and then invite more over geared people and their friends and their friends and their friends. You can play with your friends, or you can play without them, or you can play in an op faction that will kill competitive tw on our server. Those are the ONLY choices. For while, yes, it is fun to stomp the whole server at once, you can really only do that for so long.

Under the heading Everything "OId" is new again, it seems as though this same problem existed early in our server's history, not in terms of tw, but in terms of people willing to pk, and one wise and insightful fellow tried to descibed this very problem, observing the following:
    The problem, of course, is that as soon as one person gets OP to PvP, everyone else decides they have to also. So there is a race to the top, and then the 10 or 12 people that spent the most money, and the most time all stand around with their +10 nirvana and look at everyone else say "gee, where did everybody go?"

I just hate people qq'ing that there is no world pk or that somehow the server as a whole is carebear. Why be surprised at no competition when you spend time and money to ensure that you HAVE no competition?

-BLOODMYSTIC

PS: and while I think that factions on this server should make the major factions defend 3 and 4 TW's each week (Impulse's history has shown they have trouble with a double defense and I am not sure Narla would fair all that much better), that is not happening. I would like to point out, however, that I do think it funny that all the people on this thread (primarily, but not exclusively, in impulse and narla) that appear to want PvP competition are in factions that (for the most part) don't attack each other and only attack the weaker factions. And what (more often than not) happens in those TW's? The weaker factions don't show.

So forgive me if I LMFAO at all these people qq'ing about how the server is so devoid of people that want to die under the heel of their Heavenrage Boots . . . .

Geez, der dat blood person again.

*for those of you wondering, Heaven rage boots were a PWI fashion trend among cash shoppers in the early 1960s.

(B) In order for there to BE competition, different gears must be COMPETITIVE with each other. This is not to say that all gear must be EQUAL, but a good player in, say, g16 should be able to at least COMPETE with a horrible player in r9rr - other things being equal. And while there are, I am sure, anecdotal accounts of someone in G16+5 rolfstomping someone in r9rr +10, and 3% of those might actually be true - generally speaking those gears or NOT competitive with each other. Way back in 1956, when the Arch server started, a wizard with tt90 armor +5 and a +6 sensoid could still compete with a barb in tt99 or g13 nirvana +10 with vit stones. The gear was more competitive with each other and, hence, so was tw.

The barrier to competitive TW described in (B) above is somewhat out of your hands, my fellow denziens of the Arch server. The only way to balance that is to separate out factions so that they contain only people with similar gear - which is not likely to happen. The barrier to competitive TW described in (A) above is WHOLLY within your collective control, Arch server. To that extent, you can improve the TW picture on our server at your leisure. Whether you do it or not? Let's just say I expect my *** wrinkles will magically disappear before you all wake up to the obvious truths I've imparted to you this day.

-This has been a public service announcement.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am just a lvl 1 bm looking to make my way in this strange, but very quiet and peaceful, land called Archosaur server . . . . .
    good luck with that
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Actually, I dont really understand the complaining bout competitive TWs atm. Defiance is stronger than Rogue atm but the difference really isnt all that huge. It was pretty close Defiance didnt lose land on the gank - Those clerics ressing us squishies up in Supermen base allowed us to win that TW in one push, never gotten ressed even remotely that much & fast. If we had taken more than 1 push to reinforce Rogue TW, we might of come in too late.

And 2pm is better slot for Rogue atm than its for Defiance, some key players who usually show up there unable to attend and I wouldnt be shocked if Rogue would beat Defiance on 2pm TW slot. 8pm slot Defiance seems to be pulling too many high DDs for Rogue to really win that one 1vs1 - Not that those are rolls by any means.

Ps. Yes, Defiance is stronger but imo its been ages since top2 factions have been this close in power. It only lacks the rivalry.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah back in 1956...

Why you gotta make me feel old?
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Yeah back in 1956...

Why you gotta make me feel old?

Its key, I still sing ABBA`s dancing queen in my head when I see you and you havent been 17 for a while now!
  • Barbski - Archosaur
    Barbski - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe if the people who played on this server grew a pair of balls and stopped fleeing to the current "IT" faction of the quarter, there would be a chance for rivalries to take place.

The first rivalries this server saw were created out of two opposing factions, wanting to prove to themselves, each other and the server that they were the best, in different areas. Gear, teamwork, coordination, structure, tactics, ect.
    What the most ironic thing is about the rivalries that existed previous, a few involving Narla versus multiple factions, was that it wasn't about not liking the other faction, or having a grudge (I speak for myself, not for Geo). It was pure sport. Sure, things will be said, actions will be made, and feelings will get hurt, but that is the price you pay for a damn good time b:laugh

I tend to agree with this view on drama, bar a few exceptions of course. "Drama" is just two people who were passionate about opposing views butting heads. When it's all said and done, you have a beer and more than likely wind up pals out of respect for one another. In other words, he pk's me, I pk him, he says I'm bad, I say he's worse, the fight goes on and before you know it, who the hell cares who 'won' when we both laugh it off and take away a great memory. What this server has seen too much of is: he pk's me, I pk him, he responds by zerging and or immediately CS'ing for better gear to secure an advantage because his ego can't tolerate dieing, and now everybody is bored, standing around asking what happened, hoping and wishing for ...
    Proski come back ;(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

Good luck with that.

Is this real tea? That sentiment epitomizes exactly what it means to be an effeminate coward. If you worry about members leaving, they will. Just decide what it is you want to do and go and do the damn thing. While there will always be those who leave, those that stay are the truly supportive ones. Sure, the latter may not have the best gear, but that's the beauty in it that all you new brahs who trace your ancestry dawt com to nemesis/defiance/rogue can't see because you aren't risk takers.

Ps. Yes, Defiance is stronger but imo its been ages since top2 factions have been this close in power. It only lacks the rivalry.

Rivalry is a byproduct of competition, and competition is only created by those who are willing to have it. It doesn't matter how close Defiance and Rogue are now, what matters is what happens if Rogue manages to win one, is Defiance going to accept kattanyia, metalogue, pulseofhell, that one archer with all +12 gear who acts like a phaggot, and whoever else for whatever chitty reason you gave us last time?

"But Rogue would've done the same thing." that mentality has ruined Archosaur. It's a collective action problem, and it's what the sheep practice because they lack the mental fortitude necessary to stick to a worthy standard by which you should hold yourself accountable.

Proski, wait, don't go, stay, we have more we want to ask you. If rivalry isn't the answer, then what is?

Let me tell you a story. The single greatest achievement this server has ever witnessed was Elusive, and not for the reasons you might expect. Elusive broke 5-6 months of absolute nothingness, when it was destined for 5 more because the only remaining factions either: 1) openly colluded by forming a coalition of douchebags with each other (impulse included), so they could all safely secure what income they had up to that point by dictating who bid where as determined by "the council," or 2) were stuck somewhere in the visceral fat of narla, too afraid to bid anywhere and possibly upset the status quo. (immunity, fatalis, etc.)
    More, tell us more!

Calm brah. And then one day, 3 years ago, one guy decided to start having fun in the here and now. Gone were the days of hiding in TT/FC for hours, just like all the other sheep who were chasing after empty stats, waiting for an opportunity that was never coming. He had no officers, no money, horrifyingly bad gear, little to no knowledge of the game beyond 90, and not much patience to boot. But he realized the one thing that mattered most.
    -on the edge of their seats-

See, it wasn't rivalry that inspired the original Elusives. There was no rivarly at first because there was no competition. What inspired people was this idea that we're all in this thing together. Archosaur's best players, the greatest of the greats, were not the 'best' in traditional terms; they were the best because they realized the value in being a part of a community, and so to it they committed everything they had to the cause of maximally enhancing the greater good, through the selfless sacrifice of time, postponement of gear, levels, and money, all in order to lay down the conditions for genuinely competitive, objectively fun TW's that hundreds of people could have memories about for years to come.

-Elusive, it wasn't a faction, it was a phucking revolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3epawb7Hrc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxRqhmN3-Kg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YkO07yihJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJeDWnGLdOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCqhIcUTnyY

u mirin'?
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And so the million dollar question.
    What are yall(meaning the Archo Server) gunna do about it?
    cuz from my experience wat happens here is talk talk talk AND...
    we do nothing.
    talk is cheap
    change has costs
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]