EVENT: February Calendar Contest

Options
eatwithspoons
eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
event_details_feb_calendar_contest_011810.jpg
Once again are looking for aspiring artistes with a flair for the creative, the expressive, the humorous and a knack for designing cool desktop wallpaper calendar designs!

If you're up to the task then step up the plate, send in your design(s) and take part in Round #8 of our Calendar Design Contest for the month of February.

There are a few different themes for this round: First, since Valentines Day is around the corner we want to see some warmer colors and perhaps some v-day themed elements. February is also the month that we celebrate Chinese New Year, and since it's the year of the tiger we welcome designs that focus on this too.

All designs will be due by Friday, January 29th at 6:00pm PST GMT -8!

To participate, here’s what you need to do:

1) Begin by downloading our calendar kit for February HERE.
Contents: 1 PSD file with layers for Background, calendar, and grid; a file with the background theme; a few sample images; and the example calendar.
(note: use of the stock images is completely optional)

2) Load the background template into the image manipulation software of your choice and jazz up the template in any manner you like. Examples include: using screen captures, real life photos of yourself (keep it clean!), images found on our website, self created elements, etc. - Just be creative! The stock images included in the calendar kit are a great place to start but feel free to find other sources of inspiration!

In fact, if you're bold enough you are not required to use our provided image background. All that is required is that your designs include a calendar grid for the month of February 2010 along with the PWI logo and/or website URL. Keep in mind that judges are usually partial toward designs that encompass the 'theme' of the month - in this case images that conjure up the warmth of the coming of spring and other similar imagery will certainly earn you a point or two of added kudos.

3) When you feel that your calendar is up to par, email your image file to: pwi-events@perfectworldinc.com. Multiple submissions are allowed so don’t be afraid to take risks!

-Subject line: "February Calendar Contest"
-In your email, please include your in-game character name and server in order to receive your prize should you win.

4) The deadline for submissions is Friday, January 29th at 6:00pm PST GMT -8. All submissions will be reviewed by representatives from the Community, Product and Design teams here at Perfect World Entertainment, and winners will be announced later that week!

The Top 5 Designs (based on criteria such as artistic merit, creativity, humor, expressions, etc.) will be featured on our website and made available for all users to download.

This month's prize will be: Tidal Serpent

Rules:

- Send your Calendar design to pwi-events@perfectworldinc.com by 6:00 P.M. (PDT) on Friday, January 29th.

- Do not resize the dimensions of the background template (we need it to fit on standard monitor sizes!).

- Designs must incorporate a calendar grid for the month of February, along with the PWI logo and/or the URL of our website.

- Files MUST be in .jpg, .gif or bitmap (.bmp), .png only. But please don't send in SUPER HUGE file sizes, 5Mb or smaller is preferred, but don't make your image too small either!

- Do not use characters, locations, or objects from other intellectual properties, (Perfect World elements only!).

- Please keep your designs in good taste. Submissions that are deemed objectionable will be rejected for consideration.

-Plagiarism or design theft will result in immediate disqualification and a possible DQ from future events.

Click on the image below to download the calendar kit for February:
feb_example_small.jpg

F.A.Q.

Q: Can I submit more than one design?
A: YES! You can send multiple designs attached to the same e-mail.

Q: Can previous contest winners win?
A: If you won during the last contest (December) then you can't win consecutively.

Other than that, YES!

(more will be added as necessary)
Post edited by eatwithspoons on

Comments

• Golassic - Harshlands
    Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    first ^^
    for 5 hours iam trying to do the calendar and my brother pushet the restart button and now... everyrhing again T_T
    Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    O_o

Giving a Tidal Serpent b:shocked

WTB> That venos OUTFIT SPOONS!!!! How can you all do that to us b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    first ^^
    for 5 hours iam trying to do the calendar and my brother pushet the restart button and now... everyrhing again T_T
    lol sucks to be you................. but i know that feeling, your not alone b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    first ^^

xD lol its just bad luck... i stole ur good one >.>
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yey... I hope I'll have time to complete this!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Golassic - Harshlands
    Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol sucks to be you................. but i know that feeling, your not alone b:surrender

well its good to know that your not alone b:sad
    Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Spoons! One question.

Although the winners of the December Calendar contest can't win, can we still participate or are we totally disqualified?

b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Spoons! One question.

Although the winners of the December Calendar contest can't win, can we still participate or are we totally disqualified?

b:puzzled
    Of course you can submit one, that would be great actually, as long as you know you can't win 2 prizes in a row b:victory
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Of course you can submit one, that would be great actually, as long as you know you can't win 2 prizes in a row b:victory

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What is this! Only 9 days? Spoons you rushful **** you! b:shockedb:cryb:shutup

/QQs and starts drawing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What is this! Only 9 days? Spoons you rushful **** you! b:shockedb:cryb:shutup

/QQs and starts drawing

9 day's isn't that bad, last time it was like 8.
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    9 day's isn't that bad, last time it was like 8.

Really? Man.. I must have thought it had been up for like, two weeks. I thought I was entering late when I finally noticed the contest.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Really? Man.. I must have thought it had been up for like, two weeks. I thought I was entering late when I finally noticed the contest.b:surrender

What are you doing chatting here?? Go on and make us something super cool to look at.

Us non-talented players needs some artistry to google at. b:dirty
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im gonna participate in this one :P

i have to find a way to imput urban fash and music into this one tho........................ XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    -QQs all over thread about December calendar contest-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Santacruz - Heavens Tear
    Santacruz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    WTB> That venos OUTFIT SPOONS!!!! How can you all do that to us b:cry

2nded

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
  • Snow_Flake - Raging Tide
    Snow_Flake - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I can't download the kit (have been trying for hours already) -.-"
    Wonder what's wrong with it.

Guess I'll check back later >.<"
    edited January 2010
    Options
    -QQs all over thread about December calendar contest-

We're still Kirinless...b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If only my photoshop wasn't messing around and destroying itself every time I tried to do something productive on it I would give this a go! D=

Although I'm also a heavy procrastinator... so I probably wouldn't finish in time.

On a totally separate note - I dowantplz the fash that veno is wearing. And I'm not talking about the crystal love dress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I can't download the kit (have been trying for hours already) -.-"
    Wonder what's wrong with it.

Guess I'll check back later >.<"

I was able to do it fine, are you still having an issue with it?
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    @Snow_Flake: u need zip software to download(un-zip) it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Mokaatte - Dreamweaver
    Mokaatte - Dreamweaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The outfit "girl1" or the veno to the farthest left, is simply amazing. :O
    I so want it. lolb:chuckle

GL On the calender :D
  • Snow_Flake - Raging Tide
    Snow_Flake - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I was able to do it fine, are you still having an issue with it?
    No more issue about it.
    I managed to download it with my computer at home b:victory

Thanks ^.^

@Centetric :

It's not about the zip file =)
    It just stopped loading at about 1.4 MB if I was not mistaken.
    But since it's working now, no worries =D

And, I'm so into this XD
    I hope I could finish the vector and sketch in time b:surrender
    (Yes, I'm not using screen shots >.>....)
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    whats the recommended size of the calendars...........i wanna know before i start on them(3)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Nero_ - Dreamweaver
    Nero_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    First try! Me and my bf (we both have male char xD)
    55copyo.th.jpg
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    55copyo.th.jpg

Nicely done Nero_.

~S
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I started one!!
    I dont care if its a new style, or that it looks TOTALY crappy compared to everyone elses... the important thing is... Im trying b:surrender

Spoons, is there a competition suggestion thread you can link me to? another member and I had an idea about these contests id like to voice b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XKiyoshi - Dreamweaver
    XKiyoshi - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    working for a 6 hours on my calender finally finished did the best i could
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    55copyo.th.jpg
    lol at ur chars facial expression b:chuckle
    i like it
    well done b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I just sent mine but i don't hold any hopes since it might be DQ because it's about love between females but i'll definetely use it as my desktop when the time comes b:chuckle
    My husband has a female char and we can never get married ingame but i totally love her, she's a sweetie and i can wear the pants ingame b:chuckle

th_feb.jpg
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased