EVENT: February Calendar Contest

Comments

• Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    PWI_February_Calendar_by_animenadie.jpg

My entry for this time around. ^^

http://animenadie.deviantart.com/art/PWI-February-Calendar-152015393 <--- for download if any might want, also going to upload a non-calendar version.

OMG THATS AMAZING!! my fav !!
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • filsy
    filsy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    heres mine i just finished it today please tell me what you think!
    added the second one i finished today!
    Kajinnheavenstear2.jpg?t=1264714539
    Kajinnheavenstear.jpg?t=1264683463

wow i love the tiger its so cute and the elfs are so romantic!
  • MysticMira - Sanctuary
    MysticMira - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just sent mine but i don't hold any hopes since it might be DQ because it's about love between females but i'll definetely use it as my desktop when the time comes b:chuckle
    My husband has a female char and we can never get married ingame but i totally love her, she's a sweetie and i can wear the pants ingame b:chuckle

th_feb.jpg

Oh i love it!
    me and my girlfriend got **** marriage ^^
    we both made guy chars with similar names (like the L in element = and capital i)
    and married those!
    yes, we needed 4 wedding packs.. (for 2 marriages) but it was so worth it!
    b:cute
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    entries are closed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Dydrial - Sanctuary
    Dydrial - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    OMG THATS AMAZING!! my fav !!

Awww, thankies! ^^

Hmm... I wonder if the number of entries for this contest broke the record? b:puzzled
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    entries are closed?

Yeah, is it =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Nice ad for the first female trench coat (>' ')>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cpankka
    cpankka Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    when we will know who r the winners?
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This would be a question worth answering, seeing as how Spoons used to be the main judge on these competitions...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    WAAAAAAH SPOONS b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    He can say the winner, but they will get the price at the next update. So, we can wait ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Dydrial - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Uh, just curious, but I recall last contest's winners not getting their prizes for a very long time. Did they finally get them?

Also, the winners announcement came late, the runners-up came even later. So just an fyi to anyone waiting for the winners announcement, it may take a while. And prizes will probably take even longer. b:sweat
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My first time I join the contest!
    essaisd.jpg

Thanks for japanese entry LOL
    It came to me "to heart2"...
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Uh, just curious, but I recall last contest's winners not getting their prizes for a very long time. Did they finally get them?

Also, the winners announcement came late, the runners-up came even later. So just an fyi to anyone waiting for the winners announcement, it may take a while. And prizes will probably take even longer. b:sweat

Yes, we finally got them last week.b:victory

The thing is that I think that we just had bad luck and bad timing. b:sad

First they will send you a confirmation email that you have to reply to stating if you want the prize to be given to the character that you used to submit the picture in the forum or another character in the same, or another, server. Then you have to wait about a week untill they finish collecting the info. Apparentley GMs cant magically make items out of the blue (I thought they could) and they have to wait untill someone gives the prizes to whoever is going to mail them.

Prizes can only be made during maintenance. We had like 2 weeks in a row without maint and then the GMs went on vacation and Rising Tide came out. The person who had to make the prizes kept forgetting and we had to wait even more. The GM replied to us that he/she was going to send them as soon as he/she recieved them. So, about a little over a month later and constant reminders from the winners of the last contest, we finally got them.

I think the winners from this contest will get the prizes much faster since there's going to be less interruptions from GM absences and big expansions.

If anything, send a GM a little reminder in case they need to turn up the heat in the Serpent mount incubator.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Dydrial - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Yes, we finally got them last week.b:victory

The thing is that I think that we just had bad luck and bad timing. b:sad

First they will send you a confirmation email that you have to reply to stating if you want the prize to be given to the character that you used to submit the picture in the forum or another character in the same, or another, server. Then you have to wait about a week untill they finish collecting the info. Apparentley GMs cant magically make items out of the blue (I thought they could) and they have to wait untill someone gives the prizes to whoever is going to mail them.

Prizes can only be made during maintenance. We had like 2 weeks in a row without maint and then the GMs went on vacation and Rising Tide came out. The person who had to make the prizes kept forgetting and we had to wait even more. The GM replied to us that he/she was going to send them as soon as he/she recieved them. So, about a little over a month later and constant reminders from the winners of the last contest, we finally got them.

I think the winners from this contest will get the prizes much faster since there's going to be less interruptions from GM absences and big expansions.

If anything, send a GM a little reminder in case they need to turn up the heat in the Serpent mount incubator.b:chuckle

That's good to know. It was very unfortunate that you guys had to wait so long, hopefully that issue won't be repeated. That is weird though, that they have to have the prizes sent to them, lol. Seems like they could just access them. b:puzzled
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    That's good to know. It was very unfortunate that you guys had to wait so long, hopefully that issue won't be repeated. That is weird though, that they have to have the prizes sent to them, lol. Seems like they could just access them. b:puzzled

Spoons said it was a legal issue about creating items outside of maintenance, I'm not sure why...For some reason they can only create them during maints. b:chuckle Oh well, I have my Kirin now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Spoons said it was a legal issue about creating items outside of maintenance, I'm not sure why...For some reason they can only create them during maints. b:chuckle Oh well, I have my Kirin now.

Hmm, a legal issue, interesting. Ohh well, we learn something new every day b:cute.

Now we ride in style, enjoy!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    GMs cant magically make items out of the blue (I thought they could) and they have to wait untill someone gives the prizes to whoever is going to mail them.

Prizes can only be made during maintenance. We had like 2 weeks in a row without maint and then the GMs went on vacation and Rising Tide came out.

Couldn't they make it in advance? @.@ I mean, we already know what the prizes are usually so couldn't they just "create" it and hang onto it beforehand until it's actually time to send them off to winners?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    jaeseu wrote: »
    Couldn't they make it in advance? @.@ I mean, we already know what the prizes are usually so couldn't they just "create" it and hang onto it beforehand until it's actually time to send them off to winners?

I think the GMs that are around during maintenance kept forgetting to make it, or not taking care of what they needed to take care of. Spoons wasn't around for maints, but he was the one who was supposed to send them out. Therefore, he had to rely on the other GMs to remember, and I'm not sure they did. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Fallen_Godxx - Sanctuary
    Fallen_Godxx - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Here is my entry to the contest. I drew my character Fallen_Godxx in sanctuary with a Tideborn lady. >< i had issues with any existing hairstyles for her, so I made one up. I have been seeing some pretty nice entries posted here as well. Great work all. I can't wait to see other's work.

DONE.jpg
  • XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver
    XXSairaXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sounds like such a tedious thing to make the mounts. I too thought they could magically use their GM-powers to make the mounts. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Remember to feed your Clerics three meals a day! <3
  • Nero_ - Dreamweaver
    Nero_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I probably lose..
    but.. i hope..
  • phoenixsile
    phoenixsile Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wow GM's are gonna have trouble judging this months calendar. You guys are awesome! Frankly I still have trouble trying to color in my drawings so what the heck I'll just stick to the stock images XD

http://faith226.deviantart.com/art/February-2010-PWI-152587919

G'luck yall ^^/
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wow GM's are gonna have trouble judging this months calendar. You guys are awesome! Frankly I still have trouble trying to color in my drawings so what the heck I'll just stick to the stock images XD

http://faith226.deviantart.com/art/February-2010-PWI-152587919

G'luck yall ^^/

nice job, i like it b:victory
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    here is my entry :D
    Februarycalendar4.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Dydrial - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Some very good entries. Good luck to everyone! :)
  • Toxickiss - Heavens Tear
    Toxickiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    PWI_February_Calendar_by_animenadie.jpg

My entry for this time around. ^^

http://animenadie.deviantart.com/art/PWI-February-Calendar-152015393 <--- for download if any might want, also going to upload a non-calendar version.

I quit playing months ago but I peek in on the forums here & there. Never comment on anything anymore until today! I love this! It is fantastic! It reminds me of me and my husband! I've already put it on my desktop. b:heart I hope you win!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dydrial - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I quit playing months ago but I peek in on the forums here & there. Never comment on anything anymore until today! I love this! It is fantastic! It reminds me of me and my husband! I've already put it on my desktop. b:heart I hope you win!!

Oh, wow, I'm glad you like it so much! Great to know someone is enjoying it as their new desktop. Thanks very, very much for your compliments. b:shy
  • stuffedanimalking
    stuffedanimalking Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Eh, never posted anything on here before. b:surrender
    but anyways this is my lil wallpaper i managed to scrounge up in the little time
    I actually knew about it. :)
    https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=5434defac4&view=att&th=126799d315d987e1&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_g50tswoa0&zw
    Good luck to everyone too.
    oh yeah, btw, does anyone know when they'll be announcing the winners? They said within the week but it's been like a week and a half?
  • HoboHeaven - Harshlands
    HoboHeaven - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Eh, never posted anything on here before.
    but anyways this is my lil wallpaper i managed to scrounge up in the little time
    I actually knew about it. :)
    https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...f_g50tswoa0&zw
    Good luck to everyone too.
    oh yeah, btw, does anyone know when they'll be announcing the winners? They said within the week but it's been like a week and a half?
    ^^^
    sorry, bad link,
    b:chuckle here's my work
    http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo192/JaredsArt/asdf.jpg