Psys, useless?

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    pffffffffffffffffft sorry if I started the game in December and wasn't playing 8 months ago. I don't know everything yet. Good for the wizards you know.

b:cutei was tanking mantavip for 100k at lvl 52.

oh and on Dreamweaver, psychics are accepted into squads generally. One of my guilds psy plays on his wiz more actually o_o

but, i dont mind taking psys on anything ijs
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Mele mob: Psychic will, white voodoo, done
    Ranged mob: Psychic will, white voodoo, run up to it and hit it with your ballz
    Magic mob: you can take it 1 on 1 if you pot and landslide

I do admit iv been taking agro when killing mobs in bh on purpose. I'v been adapting my gameplay around the class and am learning that in some cases a psychic taking agro is a good thing for the party. This class is not your average follow behind mage.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    curious about what purify are you talking about? anyway veno is debuffing but i have strong debuffs. amplify, myriad rainbow for chance to 100% pdef/mdef reduction, iron wood and genie skills like extreme poison and tagling mire. with this debuffs counted, my guild mate ( r8 archer) tank and drop fb89 bosses in like 1 min. im wondering if similar psy can do that too.

i think he wanted to say purge not purify
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • _Epyon_ - Heavens Tear
    _Epyon_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    idc what ppl say my psy owns mobs 4 lvls highr then me...with bubble buff and sum pots i dont need a cleric....and when one dose buff me all it dose is give me agro (then its killn' time)b:laughb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]i quit playing now I'M BACK!!!!b:victory
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    does Rainbow squad even work now? and I see more squad willing to take on another BM, Archer or cleric on their rb squad rather than veno.

Apparently RB delta rainbow squads still give bonus beans. only gamma be broken (mayhaps the lower level ones as well.)
    and venomancers in delta be used to lure bosses.
    b:sweat

also me has finally managed to run a few tests of disturbed soul vs essential sutra.
    Essential sutra doesn't get overwritten or anything but disturbed soul's effect still occurs.
    1. me had the psychic cast it before and after sutra which confirmed that disturbed soul does not overwrite it nor does sutra overwrite disturbed soul.
    2. me spammed morning dew (our slowest skill) while in a state of sutra + disturbed soul and it became noticeably slower. me not exactly sure how it works as disturbed soul is suppose to increase channeling time by 80% while sutra is suppose to make skills have no channeling time.
    (me will speculate that disturbed soul be affecting cast time during sutra *since morning dew took roughly 2 seconds (this be a rough guess to how long me skill took) instead of the normal 1.2 seconds*.....which could be from bad translation or something.)

also _Epyon_ err.....you know wizards can take on mobs 4 levels higher as well? (probably even higher) just need to kite properly with gush....
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    idc what ppl say my psy owns mobs 4 lvls highr then me...with bubble buff and sum pots i dont need a cleric....and when one dose buff me all it dose is give me agro (then its killn' time)b:laughb:pleased

i was in hell today....killing lvl 102 and 107 mobs....without kiting....it wasnt hard...ijs
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    LiXiuYi - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Apparently RB delta rainbow squads still give bonus beans. only gamma be broken (mayhaps the lower level ones as well.)
    and venomancers in delta be used to lure bosses.

also me has finally managed to run a few tests of disturbed soul vs essential sutra.
    Essential sutra doesn't get overwritten or anything but disturbed soul's effect still occurs.
    1. me had the psychic cast it before and after sutra which confirmed that disturbed soul does not overwrite it nor does sutra overwrite disturbed soul.
    2. me spammed morning dew (our slowest skill) while in a state of sutra + disturbed soul and it became noticeably slower. me not exactly sure how it works as disturbed soul is suppose to increase channeling time by 80% while sutra is suppose to make skills have no channeling time.
    (me will speculate that disturbed soul be affecting cast time during sutra *since morning dew took roughly 2 seconds (this be a rough guess to how long me skill took) instead of the normal 1.2 seconds*.....which could be from bad translation or something.)

also _Epyon_ err.....you know wizards can take on mobs 4 levels higher as well? (probably even higher) just need to kite properly with gush....

Disturbed Soul does not make you faster, it's a debuff. it makes you slower :)
  • LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    i was in hell today....killing lvl 102 and 107 mobs....without kiting....it wasnt hard...ijs

Give it time. When tides are complete that will not be hard for sin or psy.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2010

You can't stop bragging can you :x
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Give it time. When tides are complete that will not be hard for sin or psy.
    i dont think i said they couldnt
    You can't stop bragging can you :x

killing a mob 4 levels above you isnt impressive, thats the main point
  • LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    i dont think i said they couldnt

killing a mob 4 levels above you isnt impressive, thats the main point

Agreed. That being said when I was 70 on my psy I could do the same to lvl 97s in harshland. What does it prove though? That one can stun and knock back till they are dead?
  • Reico_M - Dreamweaver
    Reico_M - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    With enough creativity anyone can kill anything in this game. Knockback, kite, stun, sleep, force of will, whatever. You just gotta have the balls to try and a brain in your head.

<- was killing level 101 mobs around Sandsong at level 75 with his wizard. Whee.
  • Saherra - Harshlands
    Saherra - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have done BH with psys in squad, or without them 99% of the time.

Quite frankly, doing BH without a psy is much safer and smoother.

Reason as follows:

1. No suicidal psy to keep pulling aggro.

Seriously, how hard is it not to chain-cast?

some1s said this, but NEW PPL ARE COMING TO THE GAME.... of course their not going to know how to play... try getting some1 who has played a mage or veno be4 and done bh.. they arnt stupid, they know how to space their cast times.... god find a pys friend that has been playing the game longer then the expersion.
    I do not like the player behind the psys because:

1. Arrogance (talks on taking over classes and pwning them without researching)
    2. Attitude problem (unable to listen to people)
    3. Ignorance (on aggro management)?

Agian NEW PLAYERS, of course their goin to think there top coz they can kill mobs on their own.

i only got up to page 8 be4 i got sick of reading your ****. if u wanna Q_Q go somewhere else and start bragging about how bad ppl play them.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Agreed. That being said when I was 70 on my psy I could do the same to lvl 97s in harshland. What does it prove though? That one can stun and knock back till they are dead?

^This^
    10chars
    edited January 2010
    Disturbed Soul does not make you faster, it's a debuff. it makes you slower :)

me know that.....please bother to read first....
    me never said that it makes me faster lol....
    me suspect you mistook me saying that morning dew which really be our slowest skill (which me used for the long cast/channel time which would make any % differences more noticeable.) still got slowed down while me was in sutra mode.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Estuary - Heavens Tear
    Estuary - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    some1s said this, but NEW PPL ARE COMING TO THE GAME.... of course their not going to know how to play... try getting some1 who has played a mage or veno be4 and done bh.. they arnt stupid, they know how to space their cast times.... god find a pys friend that has been playing the game longer then the expersion.

Agian NEW PLAYERS, of course their goin to think there top coz they can kill mobs on their own.

i only got up to page 8 be4 i got sick of reading your ****. if u wanna Q_Q go somewhere else and start bragging about how bad ppl play them.

^ This ^

Anyways, I have played about every class on here. I don't pull aggro except in PQ when I need to be making dmg. But the clerics who PQ with me, are good clerics and know I need heals and I know I am taken care of. So yeah I can pull aggro on 7 mobs at once. And the clerics healing me are also getting the points. The one class I have played the most is a cleric, I know not to pull as an AA. I know how not to pull aggro.

Many new players are just as Saherra said. But Giodia, you can't say every single person who plays one class is one way or the other. I was ks'd by venos a lot on my cleric, should I assume that all venos are that way? I had a few BMs think they could aoe in a TT above their range while the while fighting one mob and pull the others out of one room, am I going to think all bms are going to do that? Barbs, some have been complete jerks and act like no one else in the party has a clue what they are doing, are they all like that? I can keep going but I hope you get the point.

Some people are just that way, some people may find it fun to pull of the tank, but it's not just the one class.
    me suspect you mistook me saying that morning dew which really be our slowest skill (which me used for the long cast/channel time which would make any % differences more noticeable.) still got slowed down while me was in sutra mode.

You is hard to read. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:cryb:cry QQ MOAR QQ b:cryb:cry
  • LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

Sorry I understood you didn't understand how disturbed soul works. So I explained it.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sorry I understood you didn't understand how disturbed soul works. So I explained it.

montain seize is slower then morning dew b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010

you sure you be a wizard....?
    me needed a SPAMMABLE skill....preferably without teh hefty 2 spark cost....
    which would be difficult to achieve since me don't has triple sparks
    and um ya me would prefer me target didn't drop dead on me before sutra ended so me could continue testing.

also um....ty LiXiuYi?
    me already bothered to check up on disturbed soul which be why me was interesting in testing it.
    (^.^)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you sure you be a wizard....?
    me needed a SPAMMABLE skill....preferably without teh hefty 2 spark cost....
    which would be difficult to achieve since me don't has triple sparks
    and um ya me would prefer me target didn't drop dead on me before sutra ended so me could continue testing.

also um....ty LiXiuYi?
    me already bothered to check up on disturbed soul which be why me was interesting in testing it.
    (^.^)

NEXT TIME TELL MORNING DEW IS THE SLOWEST SPAMMABLE SKILL AND NOT THE SLOWEST SKILL, is english, is english b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    NEXT TIME TELL MORNING DEW IS THE SLOWEST SPAMMABLE SKILL AND NOT THE SLOWEST SKILL, is english, is english b:angry

this made me lol...
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    All in all this class doesnt really bring anything super useful to the table.. so other than that little bubble of life skill(which is kinda a crappy heal) they useless to a party. Oh ya and soul of vengence does a barb more harm then good as it sucks the **** out my mp.. oh ya and empowered vigor may have its place , but other than that it wont hurt me none if a TB misses the party.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    All in all this class doesnt really bring anything super useful to the table.. so other than that little bubble of life skill(which is kinda a crappy heal) they useless to a party. Oh ya and soul of vengence does a barb more harm then good as it sucks the **** out my mp.. oh ya and empowered vigor may have its place , but other than that it wont hurt me none if a TB misses the party.

vengeance might maybe suck your mp but it stack with bramble so archer , mage , psychic wont need to stop casting to be sure they dont grab agro

bubble of life on top with empowered vigor is really nice it not maxed and already heal around 3.5k over 15 seconds at my level which is around 50% hp on barb of my level only the cd and range suck (range will be changed someaday like china did)
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    vengeance might maybe suck your mp but it stack with bramble so archer , mage , psychic wont need to stop casting to be sure they dont grab agro

bubble of life on top with empowered vigor is really nice it not maxed and already heal around 3.5k over 15 seconds at my level which is around 50% hp on barb of my level only the cd and range suck (range will be changed someaday like china did)[/Q

ya but there are far more useful classes out there..
  • Hypnos - Raging Tide
    Hypnos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,235 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    If DD consider useless in group wizard should disappear from the game >:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

O.o Err. ok. I didn't ask about that but if you say so I believe you :P

b:chuckle
  • Slashreaver - Heavens Tear
    Slashreaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    psy useless lol maybe a bit to widely used but not useless. as a pve class they can dd aoe and even aoe heal. there heal isn't that great don't expect them to replace your cleric. but its still useful you aoe healing a party to help the cleric avoide doing it when hes busy with the tank. there dd is close to a wiz and they just have a huge list of aoe attacks they are defently good aoe farmers at higher levels.
  • LiXiuYi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

I smell a hater lol. One who apparently doesn't know that a psy can be one of the barbs best friends. Today in FCC, a nameless barb upset the cleric and she left the squad. This nameless barb continued to trash talk the cleric while he was gathering 1-2 squads of phys mobs to aoe. He asked for a DD so he wouldn't die doing the squads with no cleric. This 'useless' psy let him get down to 1/3 hp and cast vigor + bubble of life, (you know the useless heal?) then stunned the mobs with Earth Vector and then hit them with Sandburst. He lived. If I hadn't done that do you think he'd be kissing the floor? A psy useless in party? Are you kidding?

b:chuckle
  • Slashreaver - Heavens Tear
    Slashreaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well he has some points there heal as i said wont replace a cleric but can be handy. i have done bh 29 with 3 phys sin and barb and with 3 of them on heal we did it. its not great by far but its handy to help a cleric. hes right on the barbs its not a good idea to cast it on a barb they mp is to low to handle it.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    i saved a barb plenty of times with sutra > morning dew.

Ya sutra costs 2 sparks but as a sage wiz 2 sparks is like a joke to me....