Fun BH XD

Options
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
So, doing bh59 as a paliden (melee WTF cleric) isn't really fun. If the squad don't find a cleric, despite every warning they either...
a) Make you healer (dangerous to impossible)
b) Ridicule your build endlessly, and act if it's your fault there's no cleric (If I didn't exist, still no cleric)
So after 6 BH squads, I'm not in the best of moods. Almost considering a reset note :/ Love my build, just 99% of people being asses is a little discouraging.

Until we get to this real gem. b:chuckle

Level 79 BM. In pk mode (no idea why). Starts off by insisting I use a "real" weapon and gets annoyed saying I'm not a BM. Goes on to thoroughly flame my build in every way possible. I'm lol'ing at this point along with the entire squad. He insists I'm not helping at all and "hitting 100's" I'm 76, but this guy has less HP and less attack. If I have agro, it's mine. So we get to zimo. BM insists he tanks, we get the heroic "that fail wud get 1shot, leave it to me" speech. I warn, cleric listens to him...bad mistake. He sparks, gets about 15 hits before I start attacking and of course shred agro off him in 5 hits. Cleric only heals BM (mebbe expecting he'll take agro back?) and I hold zimo for a good while with the wiz healing. I go down, bm gets 3-shot even with heal. I get rezzed, inform I can but refuse to rez BM and we take zimo. BM flames and trash talks the entire squad and leaves.

I dunno. People being asses can be a pain, but when you can completely outclass a cocky, higher level bm in every way....with an axe-weilding cleric....and then rub it in with plenty of lulz....it's kinda worth it. xD
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Murloc/ - Heavens Tear92
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear92 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    haha, that is a good one. I've always wanted to see how a melee cleric would be, but I'm too wrapped up in my assassin and veno. =P

I see a lot of people that that though. They act like there is only one build for any class, and anything else is fail.

It's a game. If you're having fun, despite you're build... You Win.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lmao i would of love to of seen that b:laughb:victory.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He's in pk mode...and you didn't even pk him afterwards? That's what I do to fail DDs in pk mode...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
    edited January 2010
    Options
    He's in pk mode...and you didn't even pk him afterwards? That's what I do to fail DDs in pk mode...

Considering your on char is on a PvE server the same as me and not many people PK at those levels so id assume your lying. Unless your char's avatar is off or your posting on a alt and in that case it could well be true b:chuckle.

• Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That's interesting. Unique builds intrigue me sometimes. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • _Forever_ - Sanctuary
    _Forever_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    mmm whole party was fail. Cleric with axes, people not understanding how to control their own agro, not helping your party members, insisting a cleric with axes is worth anything useful, coming onto the forums and writing a thread, the fail never ends.
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    mmm whole party was fail. Cleric with axes, people not understanding how to control their own agro, not helping your party members, insisting a cleric with axes is worth anything useful, coming onto the forums and writing a thread, the fail never ends.

roflmao. The FAIL is the Blademaster losing agro to an axe wielding cleric. The Blademaster was epic fail for that even being possible for the cleric to do in the first place.

The second fail is that people like you seem to think someone enjoying the game as they see fit is somehow wrong. When you start buying their gold and charms and equipment you might have a right to tell someone how to play their toons, but as you ain't, you need to shut your flap because your looking mighty danged stupid right now.

~Saitada
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have seen Seph's cleric in a squad and I know it works. Paladin won't replace BMs or clerics, but it somehow seems to be fun. So, don't bash it if you haven't played/seen it.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:chuckleThat made me lol. 76 wow, you go gob:victory
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

LMAO stfu and maybe look up what having fun is...coz you need to know what it is b:bye
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrDrakken - Lost City
    DrDrakken - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i got nothing against strange builds, but a bm losing agro to an AXE WIELDING MAGE? :o i mean come on we even got weap masteries... and for him to lose agro to the cleric's 5 hits vs his sparked 15 hits... b:surrender disgrace to all bms
    [SIGPIC]T.T[/SIGPIC]
    (best i could do T_T)
    b:cryYou were the best CM everb:cry

August 12 - I'm officially 15 b:pleased
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i got nothing against strange builds, but a bm losing agro to an AXE WIELDING MAGE? :o i mean come on we even got weap masteries... and for him to lose agro to the cleric's 5 hits vs his sparked 15 hits... b:surrender disgrace to all bms

Yeah, the only thing I can think of is at least one crit and/or zerg crit. I know he uses Calas so that might be the thing.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont know if i like this story. I dont think i would be too happy with a cleric just AFK dding on the boss, when they could be doing a ton more dmg using their class as intended.
    Whats the point of a heavy cleric that uses axes but not a high level magic weapon? not trying to change the subject, i just dont understand. I mean, there is that saying "you can put lipstick on a pig".. like you can put high end heavy gear and axes on a cleric, but i still dont think that makes it a DDer. Then there is the issue of it only being for fun, is it possible that this cleric just hacking at a boss could possibly slow down the party? and how does it hold up in PVP? if you dont PVP, then why do you play MMO's? These questions are burning a hole in my mind, they need answers.
    Its like the other day i was in BH.. I cast one DoT skill on the boss while our bm tank was hacking away, and i took agro instantly.... off one DoT spell of all things. The BM was underpowered, possibly under skilled.. but we let him **** away untill it was safe for us to kill. It was boring and took long waiting for someone with no agro control to gain any sort of agro. Even after we let the BM **** away for awhile.. our silly sins kept taking it away from the bm and kept dieing. On another note, our BM was buffed with soul of reflection and i dont think soul of reflection help gain agro at all. I am not attacking anyone, this is just IMO.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if you dont PVP, then why do you play MMO's?

That has to be the singularly most idiotic statement I have yet to ever see on a forum in over 15 years of playing Massive Multiplayer Games of one type or another.

~Saitada
    edited January 2010
    Options
    That has to be the singularly most idiotic statement I have yet to ever see on a forum in over 15 years of playing Massive Multiplayer Games of one type or another.

~Saitada

actually its a question and you didnt answer it.
    It makes alot of sense, you could be playing 1 player games if you dont want to play against another person.
    If its for social reason, there are plenty of 3D chat rooms to socialize in. However, when it comes to a game like this..
    why spend countless hours or all your money? to win? to not win? whats the point?
    We grind, farm and do quests so we can lvl up, get good gears and beat our opponent. This is the point of the game.

but thanks anyways for your really unnecessary comment. b:kiss
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    actually its a question and you didnt answer it.
    It makes alot of sense, you could be playing 1 player games if you dont want to play against another person.
    If its for social reason, there are plenty of 3D chat rooms to socialize in. However, when it comes to a game like this..
    why spend countless hours or all your money? to win? to not win? whats the point?
    We grind, farm and do quests so we can lvl up, get good gears and beat our opponent. This is the point of the game.

but thanks anyways for your really unnecessary comment. b:kiss

Your ignorant of what MMO's are then.

First, most MMO's don't even have a PVP system, or if they do, they have specific PVP servers to play on for those who wish to kill one another.

Second, MMO means Massively Multiplayer Online Game.. it means your playing with and competing with many people, from around the world. It is a social environment designed to allow other players to work together to conquer the environment (not one another). Some games allow PVP because you always have those social misfits who think it is more worthy of their time to kill other players than to strive against the game environment.

One of the most popular MMO's that existed before that disgusting POS that Blizzard put out, originally didn't have any PVP to it when it was in closed Beta (I know because I was a beta tester for it), they added it before open beta at the request of some players and then later added PVP servers when they started up. The PVP population of all the servers was so low that it was rare that you saw PK happening, and it all but died out due to the huge world and content of the game.

The fact is, PVP is a narrow part of any MMO unless it is specifically designed to be totally PVP based. That is why you have more PVE servers than PVP servers in PWI ( as well as most other MMO's), and the PVP servers have a relatively small population compared to the PVE servers when combined totals are considered. Take into further consideration that on the PVE servers, PVP is done by a small MINORITY of players compared again to the total server population, that would mean that for most players, PVP is not why they play a game.

We play MMO's because we want to, and for those who PVP they do that because they want to.

~Saitada
    edited January 2010
    Options
    *Wall of text that has nothing to do with what i was trying to get accross*

let me clarify.. why do you play this game if you dont pvp?
    think about how dull these games are without pvp, how you kill a monster and respawns again...
    This is repetitive mindless gaming.. even in instances.. repetitive mindless playing.
    Why do this? it doesn't make any sense at all if your just gonna kill that monster over and over and over and over and over so you can keep killing monsters higher level that do exactly the same thing as the lower level monsters.
    I'v been playing MMorpgs for the greater part of the last decade.
    I first started out as a wide-eyed pve-er, but then game after game.. i realized something. There really is no point for me to play if i'm not going to play against someone.
    Think about gaming consoles.. would you buy a 1 player game that had you kill the same monster over and over for the rest of your life?

This is my opinion on the matter.. cause personally i could find way better places suited for the non-pvp needs of the MMo community.

am i the only one that sees how dull and boring these games are without pvp?

PVE servers on PWI also have PVP. PVE servers on PWI, just means you get a choice of when or when not to PVP.
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Sangodoc - Dreamweaver
    Sangodoc - Dreamweaver Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You're probably not the only one that sees that, but you're probably one of the few. Everyone else sees that there are dozens, if not hundreds of other challenges in this game other than PvP.

Let me turn around and ask: if you think PvP is the only worthwhile aspect of the game, why play this game at all? For anyone who sees the game as you apparently do, this game must be pretty shallow.

But back on topic, congratulations _DarkSeph_ on sticking with your build and having fun with it. Cookie-cutter characters are boring to me, so builds like yours make the game more interesting to me. :-)
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    *Wall of text that has nothing to do with what i was trying to get accross*

let me clarify.. why do you play this game if you dont pvp?
    think about how dull these games are without pvp, how you kill a monster and respawns again...
    This is repetitive mindless gaming.. even in instances.. repetitive mindless playing.
    Why do this? it doesn't make any sense at all if your just gonna kill that monster over and over and over and over and over so you can keep killing monsters higher level that do exactly the same thing as the lower level monsters.
    I'v been playing MMorpgs for the greater part of the last decade.
    I first started out as a wide-eyed pve-er, but then game after game.. i realized something. There really is no point for me to play if i'm not going to play against someone.
    Think about gaming consoles.. would you buy a 1 player game that had you kill the same monster over and over for the rest of your life?

This is my opinion on the matter.. cause personally i could find way better places suited for the non-pvp needs of the MMo community.

PVE servers on PWI also have PVP. PVE servers on PWI, just means you get a choice of when or when not to PVP.

PVE servers on PWI.. you can PVP in them.

Bunny, it doesn't make sense to YOU. I enjoy helping other players. That is why I play MMO's. When I want PVP I go play another game that is specifically designed to be PVP centric. I play in PWI to relax and enjoy talking with and doing things with my friends in the game. Helping them with their quests, etc.

Do I PVP in PWI? Yes, but not very often, and sometimes just for the pure fun of mixing it up with a few people I know that PVP (they usually kill me easily, but every now and then I get one of them).... But when I want to PVP I log into another game onto one of my characters there, undock and go to war. I enjoy that game's PVP because in it, if your killed, you just lost everything you had on you (and sometimes IN you (cybernetic implants)) and have to rebuild it.

PWI PVP is weak compared to that (to me). There is no challenge when you can buy a GS and risk nothing compared to my other MMO where you risk everything on you when you undock.

But I do see what your saying. And from that point of view your comments make perfect sense. But for me, I prefer to chill along, relax, help my friends, chat, forum troll, bs and not sweat anything when I am in PWI.

~Saitada
    edited January 2010
    Options
    if you think PvP is the only worthwhile aspect of the game, why play this game at all? For anyone who sees the game as you apparently do, this game must be pretty shallow.

To answer your question simply....
    i play the game so i can pvp.
    Thats the point for me... I do what i need to increase my stats, so i can be a better pvper. And what i need to do to get those stats increased is play the game to collect the items.. get the items and skills to pvp against people. The pvp is the challenging part to me.

If there is a free PVP pc game where i can be some sort of bunny person that controls animals and casts magic spells ..that also doesnt require me to collect items or gain levels.. please tell me.
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To answer your question simply....
    i play the game so i can pvp.
    Thats the point for me... I do what i need to increase my stats, so i can be a better pvper. And what i need to do to get those stats increased is play the game to collect the items.. get the items and skills to pvp against people. The pvp is the challenging part to me.

If there is a free PVP pc game where i can be some sort of bunny person that controls animals and casts magic spells ..that also doesnt require me to collect items or gain levels.. please tell me.

Forgive me for asking, then, but why exactly are you on a PvE server...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

I can answer that for you. They prefer to PVP when they want to, rather than full time.

~Saitada
  • DeadLights - Heavens Tear
    DeadLights - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One my freinds is a palidine build cleric and she tanks most bosses in fb's solo with minimal heals and holds agro quite well. Even from the barb that we run with so that BM was quite stupid in saying clers are for healing only. What i dont understand is the stupid mentality of people in regaurds to what should be the role of classes and why they dont have an open mind about different builds.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hmm, interesting comments and nice to see positive responses ^^

All I can say on the subject is, no two people think the same. What you may find fun someone else might find dull and vice versa. Personally I used to view everything just as "logically", needing a "point" to everything I did...until I realized it was literally killing every bit of fun in the actual game. It was no longer an exciting adventure, just a competetive, stressful problem to be solved.

Just to point out I have an 88 bm. I'm still finishing my full refined TT90 and GX before I go and hit 90, I've done a little PvP, done plenty of TW, tried lots of high level instances and can try plenty more in the future. I already have the competitive character, I'm not missing out on anything ^^

As for the "paliden" slowing a party down, if that's actually true 80% of BM's should be auto-kicked from squads along with me ^^ I've worked pretty hard on my gear, build and skills and I won't pretend the build has any amazing potential, but it does keep up with the average player. How's it fun? Hard to explain :/ You either understand it or you don't I guess ^^ Mainly the lulz, challenge and new experience.

I seem to place a consistent 2nd-6th in public quest too, so must be doing something right.
    edited January 2010
    Options

So they can feel the challenge of killing lowbies at west arc gate?

• Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One my freinds is a palidine build cleric and she tanks most bosses in fb's solo with minimal heals and holds agro quite well. Even from the barb that we run with so that BM was quite stupid in saying clers are for healing only. What i dont understand is the stupid mentality of people in regaurds to what should be the role of classes and why they dont have an open mind about different builds.

...i just don't understand how a class... with no physical melee attacks... can hold agro better than a class with skills to deal more damage and in the case of barbs, hold agro...

And as for what you don't understand: People like to have a pre-set idea of what the other people around them will do when they party together.... if you party with a cleric and find that that cleric is not using any magic and instead beating stuff with a hammer..... then you are disappointed that your assumption was incorrect... this disappointment is followed by annoyance that this person is useless to you in a party... For example, if i were a blademaster at level 50 and you were a paladin-cleric at 50... we have the same gear... I'll be doing more damage, killing faster, and being more of a benefit to this duo than you, who is simply auto-attacking away and causing much less damage than me with my mastery and skills.

Idk... i understand that it can be fun, and in the case of veno's be viable... but i don't see how a melee cleric can be better than a blademaster or barbarian unless the barb or bm just flat out sucks...
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ...i just don't understand how a class... with no physical melee attacks... can hold agro better than a class with skills to deal more damage and in the case of barbs, hold agro...

And as for what you don't understand: People like to have a pre-set idea of what the other people around them will do when they party together.... if you party with a cleric and find that that cleric is not using any magic and instead beating stuff with a hammer..... then you are disappointed that your assumption was incorrect... this disappointment is followed by annoyance that this person is useless to you in a party... For example, if i were a blademaster at level 50 and you were a paladin-cleric at 50... we have the same gear... I'll be doing more damage, killing faster, and being more of a benefit to this duo than you, who is simply auto-attacking away and causing much less damage than me with my mastery and skills.

Idk... i understand that it can be fun, and in the case of veno's be viable... but i don't see how a melee cleric can be better than a blademaster or barbarian unless the barb or bm just flat out sucks...

Doesn't matter its all about having fun, everyone should play this game to have fun. Some regrettably play this game to make themselves feel special, wanted and important but those of us who are normal play this game for fun. Who are you to say if that cleric is useless? If the OP enjoys it that's is all that matters.

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have yet to see a Paladin for myself on PWI, and to be honest I don't really care if I do or don't see one in the future. Personally, I like my clerics to be healers, but this isn't to say a Paladin build would be unsuccessful nor useless in a squad. This is just my personal opinion that when I see a cleric, I like to know they can heal, much like when I see a barb I like to know they can tank.

That BM was a failure. To die so quickly with heals at his level seems to suggest he had something very wrong with his own build - that wasn't done on purpose, to boot - and the fact he was so cocky about it just makes me laugh.

Of course, even though he completely failed, I can see why he would be angry about not getting rez'd. Yes, he was a jackass. Yes, he failed. However, it would have been nice if you could have been the mature person in this situation and rez'd him anyway. If he snapped at you afterwards, well, you can go ahead and let him die if he wants to that badly. But the fact you didn't rez him does sort of make you as immature as he was.

I'm all for letting a failure learn their lesson and complain about it, but I'm also a big fan of people being more mature than the original ignoramus and being big enough to say "I don't like you, I won't do this again, but I'll rez you for now because I'm the better person here".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeadLights - Heavens Tear
    DeadLights - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For one thing look up the build its quite original and also with her build she has massive dps with her sparking every 10 hits. The thing is that unless he spams FR it just does the agro dance and makes any cleric go mad with trying to keep them healed. Point being its better to have her tank and barb DD.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Doesn't matter its all about having fun, everyone should play this game to have fun. Some regrettably play this game to make themselves feel special, wanted and important but those of us who are normal play this game for fun. Who are you to say if that cleric is useless? If the OP enjoys it that's is all that matters.

It is not just the OP's happiness that matters though... If his uselessness causes a squad wipe or something than he is affecting other player's happiness with the game in general. In an extreme example: If all of the clerics suddenly realized how much fun it is to be a paladin and then restatted as such, what would be the general response? Would you be just fine with it? Would you be Happy with it?

I have nothing against one guy feeling special/happy with his style, but i have a problem with all the people who go off with their unique style and then insist on their usefulness in most squads.