Tideborns + Rebirth 0.o

Ganden - Sanctuary
Ganden - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I have reached lvl 71 and im very well experienced with my psychic, its time for me to start thinking about gamma, and it hit me.... Howwww will Tideborns play a role in gamma? replace bm? replace wiz? these questions need to be answered asap!
Post edited by Ganden - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well if ur experienced enough then u should know already...

try to find out if u can spam aoes and that
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have reached lvl 71 and im very well experienced with my psychic, its time for me to start thinking about gamma, and it hit me.... Howwww will Tideborns play a role in gamma? replace bm? replace wiz? these questions need to be answered asap!

You cant replace a BM, your to squishy.
    Replace a wizzie? As of what i am aware you have no continues AoE's.
    Altho your AoE's do sound nice, i really doubt any squad will chose you over a wizard or from an archer for that matter.
    b:dirty
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well, let's sum up the roles in RB:

Tank (barb), secondery tank (BM), cleric, DD's with zhen (archer or wiz), last squad member to farm furthest rooms, usually a veno (for perfect squad, which doesn't exist anymore), extra BM or DD.

Now, what could a tideborn do:

Assasin: No way an assasin is going to tank waves of mobs. LA and not much AoE's = fail tank. Not much AoE's? Not good for a zhenning DD either. So, not a clue what a sin is ganna do in RB.

Psy: No zhen, but multiple AoE's it can cycle between. Maybe an alternative for a wiz or archer?. Though verry low phys def (arcane and no earth shield). So might be riscy.

Basicly, not a clue.

PS, there is not a single class in game which can RB easely at 71. What makes you think a psy can?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Shade - Raging Tide
    Shade - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well so far I've completed two gammas, and it went fairly smoothly, obviously I played the veno's role in bean collecting and mob killing then up top to help out. The one major advantage sin's have is Subsea Strike which is an AoE Extreme Poison (25.5% amp for 8 secs at lvl 7), and bloodpaint (bm, barb, and sin gain back 2% of all damage done to every mob, so it really adds up).

In the end though the only spot that can be easily and safely given to a TB is the veno's spot, but since there is no longer any way to get the perfect squad bonus, I'm betting we will see a large number of 3 DD (archer, archer, wiz more often than not) gammas being done because of the speed of the kill.
  • Dinysucuras - Sanctuary
    Dinysucuras - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    idk about gamma, but they fixed the bonus beans bug for delta.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ._.
    well assassins have no place in RB....
    mayhaps psychics but....even that be a mehh.....
    b:chuckle
    think me would prefer an extra DD. (seeing how they eated the RB Gamma bonus beans....and shaved me fur QQ.)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    can't they DD on bosses and dig chests?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2010

But isnt a veno perfect for that job?
    b:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    But isnt a veno perfect for that job?

well you gotta think of something for them to do lol...but ya that's true
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010

DD yes....Dig, I dunno...they are slow b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited January 2010
    ._.'
    can't replace cleric/barb for teh obvious reasons.....
    Venos = super useful in Delta....
    Archer = Sharpen tooth.
    Wizard = strong aoes.
    d(^.^)

Assassins = ......nothing to offer for RB that others do better.....
    Psychic = mayhaps......but probably could be replaced with an archer/wizard.
    we going to have to crunch some numbers to see how much damage psychics can do and if they be equal to wizards/archers.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheLastBarb - Raging Tide
    TheLastBarb - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Here's a tip for ya....

Take both plat hp and mp charm....n try aoe'ing em once in a while....
    try to stay away from mobs.....don't aggro.....don't be too squishy....
    don't make the squad a failure......

if u can do all these things, ur prepared to go to RB's...lolz b:thanks
    Well here I am.....Now who wants their face screwed up by my paw? b:laugh
  • lvl100ea
    lvl100ea Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well let's see.

You need a barb, this is non-debatable

You need a cleric, again, non-debatable

You need damage dealers with continous AOEs, Mages with DB and archers with barrage. Must have at least one archer for fire wave.

That leaves around 2 spots. BM is very helpful to have for DD support and as a back-up tank.

Then that brings us to the last spot. I would perfer to take a veno so the veno can farm beans fast, and I know a veno can farm faster than an assassin or a psy.

COULD you take a tideborn? Yes, but that spot would be much better off going to another DD or a veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It would be fun to try unorthodox squads.

If you were to try for no barb I think
    1 cleric, 2 archer, 3 BM squad
    would have the best shot for delta.

I wonder if
    1 cleric 5 BM
    could do it (think massive stun locks and constant HF)

I'd love to try
    1 cleric 4 archers/wiz 1 barb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited January 2010
    5 wizard 1 cleric.....
    apparently it sort of worked.
    b:shocked
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    5 wizard 1 cleric.....

Haha the ultimate AFK squad. You would need someone to push archers into the AOE but i guess the wiz AOE knockback would work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Haha the ultimate AFK squad. You would need someone to push archers into the AOE but i guess the wiz AOE knockback would work.

magic hamsta was serious, it worked before, there was a link of a video of that in another version of pw (my i think) showing that squad, it would be very hard, but ITS possible

anyway, on topic, the tideborn would replace veno.
    Those who say assasin have nothing to do in rebirth? they can aoe too, the buff could help a lot so bms and barbs dont die.
    Phys? simple, they have aoes, possibly more than a veno, why not replace, veno is only good at digging chests in gamma (and at bonus beans which doesnt matter too much, and, those who say they dont exist.... i did a rainbow delta few days ago and we got our beans)
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    magic hamsta was serious, it worked before, there was a link of a video of that in another version of pw (my i think) showing that squad, it would be very hard, but ITS possible

anyway, on topic, the tideborn would replace veno.
    Those who say assasin have nothing to do in rebirth? they can aoe too, the buff could help a lot so bms and barbs dont die.
    Phys? simple, they have aoes, possibly more than a veno, why not replace, veno is only good at digging chests in gamma (and at bonus beans which doesnt matter too much, and, those who say they dont exist.... i did a rainbow delta few days ago and we got our beans)

Demon Foxform guarantees all chests dug before 2nd boss. Also Veno AoE is a stun (confusion?). Plus having the pet on the eye for wave 3+ really helps everyone else think about the oncoming masses of mobs. Also 79 skill AoE foxform mega-debuff can be spammed once the mana is up to 2.
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've always felt venos were a waste of a spot in RB (no offense). I'd much rather have a wiz instead, or archer for a second choice (mobs usually go for wiz first b:pleased). It's not like bean collecting is especially hard or risky. Assassins and psychics are kind of meh, just like veno.

Btw, this is all from Gamma experience. I haven't done delta yet b:surrender
    edited January 2010
    I've always felt venos were a waste of a spot in RB (no offense). I'd much rather have a wiz instead, or archer for a second choice (mobs usually go for wiz first b:pleased). It's not like bean collecting is especially hard or risky. Assassins and psychics are kind of meh, just like veno.

Btw, this is all from Gamma experience. I haven't done delta yet b:surrender

yea....me think that you going to want a veno.
    xD
    apparently you need to lure the bosses a bit.

um ya.....the mobs do go for the wizards first.
    b:surrender
    because we just do too much damage.
    QQQQQQ
    (T.T)'
    although me are pretty good at controlling aggro.
    d(^.^)
    >.>
    <.<
    me use archers as involuntary shields by rolling off more of the mobs to them instead of me.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yea....me think that you going to want a veno.
    xD
    apparently you need to lure the bosses a bit.

um ya.....the mobs do go for the wizards first.
    b:surrender
    because we just do too much damage.
    QQQQQQ
    (T.T)'
    although me are pretty good at controlling aggro.
    d(^.^)
    >.>
    <.<
    me use archers as involuntary shields by rolling off more of the mobs to them instead of me.

Hey! You're my meat shield, not the other way around b:angry
    edited January 2010
    Hey! You're my meat shield, not the other way around b:angry

archers get stuck in barrage mode.
    xD
    me can either
    1. cancel DB, WotP, Distance shrink, hailstorm, emberstorm, repeat as necessary all while running which basically increases me tanking ability since me still have aggro, still dish out quite a bit of damage, and get hit less as me are moving. and then restart DB when me reduced damage combo allows the tank to regain aggro.
    2. unequip weapon until most of the mobs roll straight for the archer. requip before too many go to the archer, repeat as necessary.
    d(^.^)

(me personally use method 2 before the auras get set. then use method 1 when chi/mp auras make sure me can start back up. also since method 1 allows me to shoot off an ulti.)

(^.^)
    archers have a harder time restarting their barrage and canceling would mean that they reduce their damage severely. (they has less aoes)
    (>.<)'
    and me pretty sure barrage doesn't allow you to unequip weapon (although you guys can equip a weaker bow)
    but you can also glitch barrage on the wizard which lets me get those pesky mobs which doesn't get in the aoe range and doing so means that barrage can stay on forever.
    D:
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    -i would say replace wizard, no we dont have subtain aoe but we have 4 different aoe which have really low cooldown ( u can cycle them)

- i would say replace wizard we dont have earth shield but we have Psychic Will (Removes any negative status from the target, and the target becomes immune to physical damage for 8 seconds seconds.)

**so we can take the 6th slot instead of 2nd wizard or ea, bye bye venomancer

*** but now come in mind anoter question sin and psy can get the 6 different player bonus ? (venom, barb , wizard , bm , ea , ep )
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
    edited January 2010
    -i would say replace wizard, no we dont have subtain aoe but we have 4 different aoe which have really low cooldown ( u can cycle them)

- i would say replace wizard we dont have earth shield but we have Psychic Will (Removes any negative status from the target, and the target becomes immune to physical damage for 8 seconds seconds.)

**so we can take the 6th slot instead of 2nd wizard or ea, bye bye venomancer

*** but now come in mind anoter question sin and psy can get the 6 different player bonus ? (venom, barb , wizard , bm , ea , ep )

wizard aoe be stronger. b:scorn
    why would we want a weaker DD who has an immunity skill.....when they would be taking less aggro since they deal less damage...
    the only useful psychic aoe that me see is.....Sandburst Blast which has a reduction to accuracy which would help reduce a bit of damage we get but.....
    what else do they offer?
    b:puzzled
    also new classes can't get bonus beans.

but just ignore me for now.
    b:avoid
    until we know exactly how strong psychics are.....anyone wana run some damage test with their psychics? (only level 75+ please)
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    aoe slow
    aoe stun
    aoe reduce accuracy
    aoe seal
    aoe bleed

i think it all
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • lvl100ea
    lvl100ea Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Could you take a tideborn to RB? Absolutely.

Does the ideal squad involve a tideborn? No
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    aoe slow
    aoe stun (useful effect)
    aoe reduce accuracy (useful effect)
    aoe seal (useful effect)
    aoe bleed (useless effect)

i think it all

okies so
    the stun be Earth Vector (Cost 1 spark)
    the reduce accuracy be Sandburst Blast
    the seal be (?).....which skill be aoe seal? all me see be aoe slow....and that be a pretty useless debuff...
    the bleed be Red Tide (Cost 2 sparks......usefulness would depend on just how strong red tide be.....)

um well....ya your spark cost is going to severely limit the spammability of your moves....

the only aoes me would want would be earth vector & sandburst blast.....and me pretty sure that the 8 meter range limit would decrease a quite a bit of your potential DD. b:surrender
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    Ganden - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    For the past two days ive been trying to get into gammas, pretty much been turned down. As of now it looks like i need to at least be lv75+ before ppl wil even start considering bringing a psychic, i been thinking of dmg vs archer and bm. if i were to replace bm i could purchase speed pills and teleport incense which wouldnt make much of difrence if my genie has holly path also. to think of it my aoes do more dmg then a bm. Archer wise, i could out dmg an archer with my strong aoes. An archers aoe only does dmg, while a psychics aoe has effects+dmg.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    5 wizard 1 cleric.....

it doesnt seem to much of a AFK rb squad lol theres a vid

http://zoome.jp/fuente/diary/5/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You will be a last resort replacement for a Veno.