yep.....posting Maint thread and maybe 2 posts a day is so much more active

Pic or it didn't happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Forget frankie.

We need ingame GMs not some red named fool on the forums who is consistently inconsistent.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Want him to answer every troll? Or repeat 1000x answers on questions he already answered? Or repeat and questions he won't answer(when is next 2x drop/sale and so on...)

And a majority of the forum users won't trust him anyway anymore, he got way too many orders to lie in forum. Quick responds/help of GMs (and an in-game GM button which really works) which REALLY know this game/servers would be way more important.
    In forum I only miss a GM which deletes most of the pwi-hater posts, so atmosphere here would be better. Oh yeah... moderation/enforcing of ToS in world chat would be also nice ofc...
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Pic or it didn't happen.

Read this thread:
    Gonna re-open this because that forum rule is really referring to people posting about specific bans to specific players.

Discussion about ban lengths in general should be ok.

So as to your questions--

1) for .ini edits, the character is banned until they ticket in, at which point they are given a choice between either agreeing to use a Makeover Scroll to go back to within what is possible in-game, or they can move all items to a different character before being re-banned for good.

2) Goons punishment was not at all how we wanted it to go. As I stated in the thread about it, we weren't confident enough in our information to severely ban people. When it became obvious that some of the worst offenders were not picked up by our tools, we felt that we had no choice but to unban everyone, in the effort to be fair across the board.

3) the punishment for fake bidding can vary, based on whether or not the player has had prior rule violations.

I hope that clears things up, and let me now if you have other questions.

At this thread I saw many answers. It is recent thread as I know.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Compared to posting just the maintenance topic once a week? Yes, his level of activity in the forums has improved a lot. Just in the last few days he had posted more than many of us could hope for, giving concrete answers and even sharing his own opinions on several matters. That is what I would call an improvement.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Compared to posting just the maintenance topic once a week? Yes, his level of activity in the forums has improved a lot. Just in the last few days he had posted more than many of us could hope for, giving concrete answers and even sharing his own opinions on several matters. That is what I would call an improvement.

This is true, till recently he would only post maint topic and that was all, now, as little as it may seem, I find it an improvement as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Remember when the forums where used by mature people b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    no such thing on pwi forums. it's a myth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Frankie is here and paying attention, he just doesn't make his presence known all the time. I posted a review I found that some PWE employee wrote on the company and it was shut down and depth'd almost instantly.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

I agree with this. He even re-opened a thread accompanied with a reply on a sensitive topic. He doesn't need to post in every thread either. At least we can see he reads what's posted.

If you take out the useless threads ("when is 2x ?"), the QQ/rage threads ("I got scammed by X when buying exp room !") and the player-directed threads ("Which weapon is best ?"), 2 is pretty much the number of threads left that could use some official reply.

Do you really want GMs/Frankie to spend their time on explaining gear options for a specific class and lvl ?
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I agree with this. He even re-opened a thread accompanied with a reply on a sensitive topic. He doesn't need to post in every thread either. At least we can see he reads what's posted.

If you take out the useless threads ("when is 2x ?"), the QQ/rage threads ("I got scammed by X when buying exp room !") and the player-directed threads ("Which weapon is best ?"), 2 is pretty much the number of threads left that could use some official reply.

Do you really want GMs/Frankie to spend their time on explaining gear options for a specific class and lvl ?

Remember who you are talking to, they want franky do reply to every stupid thread they make, do their homework, make them dinner, find them a girlfriend (impossible), whipe their ..... after a No 2 etc.

Kids, learn to take care of your own shhhh....... lazy ****'s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Let me add to that, that us mods are here to also serve as Frankie's eyes and ears when it comes to player feedback and inquiries.

Frankie's job has a lot more to it then just browsing the forums, so he isn't present as much as the moderating team is. A lot of times we'll message him with topics that would require his attention so that he can reply to them.

A few examples would be the FC goon glitching topics, severity of punishment topic (which I locked until I clarified with Frankie himself that he was okay with b:victory), and the KS griefing in PvP server issue topic.

A lot of topics don't require Frankie's attention but we always keep an eye for the topics that do require it, and that goes to every mod.

b:victory
  • Gri - Lost City
    Gri - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Where did my post go?

Found it ignore this lol
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Forget frankie.

We need ingame GMs not some red named fool on the forums who is consistently inconsistent.

In game GMs just get bombarded by stupid attention ho's. IMO forget adding more cost to the company; save that money and give us permanent free teleport bell that doesn't occupy inventory space instead.
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Let me add to that, that us mods are here to also serve as Frankie's eyes and ears when it comes to player feedback and inquiries.

Frankie's job has a lot more to it then just browsing the forums, so he isn't present as much as the moderating team is. A lot of times we'll message him with topics that would require his attention so that he can reply to them.

A few examples would be the FC goon glitching topics, severity of punishment topic (which I locked until I clarified with Frankie himself that he was okay with b:victory), and the KS griefing in PvP server issue topic.

A lot of topics don't require Frankie's attention but we always keep an eye for the topics that do require it, and that goes to every mod.

b:victory

this ^^
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

The problem with people is the expect from Frankie to be on forum 24/7, be ingame 24/7, answer all tickets in less than 24 hours, in resume people act like they think Frankie is a robot, he is a human as you and me, he have probably a life outside PWI and as far as i know even if i don't agree with all his decision he is the only active GM on forum.

So why always attack the only GM who is ''active'' on the forum and as previous people said he post more often lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    He also locked a thread about working at PWI (how it's horrible, and exactly as most of us imagine) within 2 minutes

So he CAN be extremely fast...
    When it comes to cencoring bad stuf b:surrender
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    He also locked a thread about working at PWI (how it's horrible, and exactly as most of us imagine) within 2 minutes

So he CAN be extremely fast...
    When it comes to cencoring bad stuf b:surrender

That's becouse some made up story from a butthurt ex-employe who most likely got fired for fapping during office hours does not add anything possitive to these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    this thread is why we can't have nice things. like gms who feel welcome on the forum and ingame.

How would you like it if your job meant you had to spend time with a group who liked nothing better than wasting your time? You would do the bare minimum. I am not as regular on the forum myself these days, but Frankie (and the CMs before) were generally more active when the forum community was less reactive to the slightest hint or rumour that someone was getting something they weren't etc. I can see why they would do the bare minimum they have to in this environment, and spend the rest of the day doing stuff that probably gives them a sense of fulfillment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So where did that thread, started by Frankie, about the fail mmorpgsite interview/advertisement go? b:laugh

Oh its a sticky. >.>
    Time for bed. D:
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Being active =/= replying to every whiny fuss on the forums, ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Being active =/= replying to every whiny fuss on the forums, ijs.
    BS.

I have pm-ed some serious questions and other things, but get no response at all.
    PM's are normal, no hating, no QQ-ing.

Im not getting an answer because the only answer possible to my question makes the company look bad. b:laugh
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If you ask about something that it's already answered on forums, I don't see any reason for GM/CM to respond again.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Perhaps the GMs should post ponies in random topics to prove that their still watching us! =D

No?
    Well, fine, I tried at least...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    OP, do you seriously believe in corporate blah-blah? b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~