Demon VS Sage

124»

Comments

• Nukesrus - Harshlands
    Nukesrus - Harshlands Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Mix the pyros and nix in with the genie skill spark and you have one very dead EVERYTHING.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Mix the pyros and nix in with the genie skill spark and you have one very dead EVERYTHING.

true, too bad isnt aoe b:surrender

btw at 100genie dex u get -100% fire resist does that makes ur target fire resist rly goes to 0???? cuz i got debuffed 1 time by a boss who is able to reduce my resist to -100% and i still have 33 metal resist, also + than 10 metal reducion dmg duo to use arcana robes cuz the math for dmg isnt just the resist we see at char screen it have some math wiht the gear resist too so u will always hit more on HA than on AA...b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    true, too bad isnt aoe b:surrender

btw at 100genie dex u get -100% fire resist does that makes ur target fire resist rly goes to 0???? cuz i got debuffed 1 time by a boss who is able to reduce my resist to -100% and i still have 33 metal resist, also + than 10 metal reducion dmg duo to use arcana robes cuz the math for dmg isnt just the resist we see at char screen it have some math wiht the gear resist too so u will always hit more on HA than on AA...b:sad
    Nope. It's probably impossible to take a value down to 0 unless the skill description says so. (EG demon ironwood)

EDIT: and spark is far less useful on buffed targets... it doesn't really have a place in most pvp situations. Decent for 1v1 though.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited February 2010
    Nope. It's probably impossible to take a value down to 0 unless the skill description says so. (EG demon ironwood)

EDIT: and spark is far less useful on buffed targets... it doesn't really have a place in most pvp situations. Decent for 1v1 though.

thx,
    hmmm,
    guess undine+extremepoison>FOW+frenzy>sutra>DPyro>BIDS>whatever

is still the most deadly combo outside for wiz, huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I'd say it's Undine -> Ex Poison + Frenzy + Sage Ice Dragon -> Elemental Shell -> Sutra -> 4 random skills.
    edited February 2010
    I'd say it's Undine -> Ex Poison + Frenzy + Sage Ice Dragon -> Elemental Shell -> Sutra -> 4 random skills.

not imo, there is no stuns/silence stuff ur enemy would stop ur bids like 515312times b4 u could channel it to the end, btw poison and frenzy wouldnt stay until sutra ends i guess...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    not imo, there is no stuns/silence stuff ur enemy would stop ur bids like 515312times b4 u could channel it to the end, btw poison and frenzy wouldnt stay until sutra ends i guess...
    My ex Poison lasts 14 seconds, so it would easily last until the end... and if you use frenzy right before Dragon finishes channeling you'll get at least 3 of the hits in sutra.

And sure it's hard to pull off, but I've done it before in group pvp... just shoot someone that's being stunned in the back.
  • Watter - Lost City
    Watter - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well, after reading a bunch of this kinda thread, i decided i'll make two wizzies, one sage and other demon ^^ then i'll be able to give a valuable opinion 'bout it :D
  • Aquagirl - Raging Tide
    Aquagirl - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    cool, see you in 1 year when both of them are 90+, well geared and you're in a mental institution
  • Fei_Lung - Sanctuary
    Fei_Lung - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I believe that the fact that there's so much indecision over which is definitively better for the class points to the fact that one is not really "better" than the other.

some players have a clear idea of which direction they want to go from the time they start playing the class. others need to experiment a little and figure out which play style works for them. but all in all, when it comes down to it, we don't have such a clear-cut decision as some of the other classes in PWI.

here's a thought:
    play the game to the point where you are familiar with all of your skills what they do, and how you tend to use them, then take a look at each of the benefits of each skill on the grounds if you go sage or if you go demon. play with the math, figure your most used skills...do you spam lower-level spells 'til the mob is dead? or do you pop an ulti every chance you get? then decide whether you think sage or demon is better for you.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Actually, when i went sage, i had to reinvent my playing style. Kinda frustrating the first hour, but after that i think im doing just fine b:cool
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well, after reading a bunch of this kinda thread, i decided i'll make two wizzies, one sage and other demon ^^ then i'll be able to give a valuable opinion 'bout it :D

Done it, well I didn't level it, it was a freinds demon mage. Personally, as cool as demon is, I prefered sage alot more for my playing style. The exessive chi is just amazing. b:dirty

Regardless, one path isnt superior to the other; you cant go wrong either way.