Demon VS Sage

Comments

• Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I just tried the debuff stuff out on a random lvl 8x mob without weapon. With the DP debuff I do 4.1k with pyro, with undine it is 4.9k. If I use undine, then DP and finally pyro, it is 4.9k as well. The debuffs do NOT overwrite each other.

maybe i am wrong but if a skill do dmg+debuff then debuff dont have effect to debuffer skill dmg, only after debuffer.

Example:
    udine + gush +gs +gush.

Udine work with 1st gush+gs with 2nd gush do different dmg.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would rather have Sage Phoenix, since I use it more often... But D.Pyro is really cool in some situations. Sutra -> D.Pyro -> BT does some nice and fast damage, without having to worry about undine.

But hey, it was the only time I got lucky with pages. I got three times sage Wellspring Quaff and two times Earth Mastery with Mysterious Pages, and my first try with Old Book Pages was Emberstorm... So yea... b:cry (Nevermind tho, I'm gonna learn Emberstorm and try it out with ToP in TW)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would rather have Sage Phoenix, since I use it more often... But D.Pyro is really cool in some situations. Sutra -> D.Pyro -> BT does some nice and fast damage, without having to worry about undine.

But hey, it was the only time I got lucky with pages. I got three times sage Wellspring Quaff and two times Earth Mastery with Mysterious Pages, and my first try with Old Book Pages was Emberstorm... So yea... b:cry (Nevermind tho, I'm gonna learn Emberstorm and try it out with ToP in TW)

Do you know what I got? 3x Glaciar snare, 1x earth mastery I had it already. 1x emberstorm. So absolutely perfect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    One wizzie from my guild got Stone Barrier and all masteries. :P Then he had sympathy with me and sold me sage DB really really cheap because he doesn't want to learn it because of delta. Thanks again, leg. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So uh, sage Stone Barrier.. eh?
    Ima gettin it when servers are up.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I want WotP, SS and DP please.
    If any1 wants to sell it, I'll buy...
    I have my BIDS, BT and FoW for 99, but I'll be glad to increase the number of my DD skills. The added dmg of WotP and DP is just awesome + debuff....b:dirty

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SurferGirl - Dreamweaver
    SurferGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited January 2010

if u get any more mysteries or or dp sell meh b:dirty
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    stay in line, I'm fist for DP :D

and I have all masteries :P. Man it makes a difference.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I want WotP, SS and DP please.
    If any1 wants to sell it, I'll buy...
    I have my BIDS, BT and FoW for 99, but I'll be glad to increase the number of my DD skills. The added dmg of WotP and DP is just awesome + debuff....b:dirty

(DP)
    in pve yes but i rarly use because fast skills better or another 2 nuke (earth nice in water grind) GS for slowdown, in pvp i hate that debuff,because alot ppl say its overwrite the udine and divine the most usefull sutra skill cause fast and u can use more 2x in 6sec cause fast cooldown, but 2nd lose a bit from dmg if udine is overwrited after 1st divine.
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010

Don't listen to what people say, test yourself... I did it. And I said it some posts earlier. Kristoph said it as well... But now once more for everyone:

THE DEBUFFS OF DIVINE PYROGRAM AND GLACIAL SNARE DO NOT OVERWRITE UNDINE STRIKE!

Thank you... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010

Don't listen to what people say, test yourself... I did it. And I said it some posts earlier. Kristoph said it as well... But now once more for everyone:

THE DEBUFFS OF DIVINE PYROGRAM AND GLACIAL SNARE DO NOT OVERWRITE UNDINE STRIKE!

Thank you... b:surrender

u dont readed mine post. i said when it overwrite (like every debuff skill what hurt too) dont replace instantly and i dont readed somebody tryed right way.
    I just tried the debuff stuff out on a random lvl 8x mob without weapon. With the DP debuff I do 4.1k with pyro, with undine it is 4.9k. If I use undine, then DP and finally pyro, it is 4.9k as well. The debuffs do NOT overwrite each other.

this dont show nothing....
    why? because 1st u deal dmg after that aplied the debuff, same like ea metal skill, u use u deal with that metal dmg+-50%metal defence but if effect still on wth 2nd hit u do more cause lower mdef.

who told tryed in pw ch 1-1,5year ago (bluemagi if somebody wa sin pw my forum).

so i belive if somebody try with udine+gush+GS+gush because only at 2nd gush will be difference with this "debuff theory".
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    (DP)
    in pve yes but i rarly use because fast skills better or another 2 nuke (earth nice in water grind) GS for slowdown, in pvp i hate that debuff,because alot ppl say its overwrite the udine and divine the most usefull sutra skill cause fast and u can use more 2x in 6sec cause fast cooldown, but 2nd lose a bit from dmg if udine is overwrited after 1st divine.

PPL already tested this, and the result is no, the debuf doesn't overwrite undine.
    Now, for everything else, I would love to have DP.
    Most ppl are looking just at the benefits of the skill, but forget about the added damage on a lvl 11 skill. That dmg is equally important to me as the debuff. There are a number of situations where that debuf is awesome as it comes for free, stacked with a Posion and there you go, nothing to laugh at in dmg increase. Against bosses, in 6 and 45 cube, TT, even FBs, a sutra starting with DP-P-WotP-GS + gush-pyro-gush would do insane dmg in a very short amount of time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    stay in line, I'm fist for DP :D

and I have all masteries :P. Man it makes a difference.
    b:cryb:cryb:cry look in the other pages i asked for it first b:angry
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Same here. I need it too. But I was lucky. Recently I bought sage phoenix. And I have to say AMAZING.b:victory

yep it is, the WOP get a AWESOME dmg for it cast time, and since is my favorite spam skill i would love it have it asap

also masteries are msexy =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I have all masteries :P. Man it makes a difference.

damn i do day by day bh 99 what is my 1st wizz skill? a demon stone barrier b:shocked

problem no sage skill on server so i can exchange for holy masteries what could be cool b:chuckle
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    It finally happened :O I got my second Divine Pyrogram when hunting for Stone Barrier.. Still didn't get it b:cry But got all masteries now and pyroshell ._. Learned it for the lols... Sooooo, who wanna buy? ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    It finally happened :O I got my second Divine Pyrogram when hunting for Stone Barrier.. Still didn't get it b:cry But got all masteries now and pyroshell ._. Learned it for the lols... Sooooo, who wanna buy? ^_^

Just curious are you demon or sage? I would buy it if we were on same server and it would be sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    I am sage :) So if you find a way to cross the server border. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    I am sage :) So if you find a way to cross the server border. :p

I don't think so.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Found a happy buyer b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Found a happy buyer b:chuckle

/Happy Buyer... ty Xeg :D b:victoryb:thanksb:cute
  • Jonnykins - Dreamweaver
    Jonnykins - Dreamweaver Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just turned Sage at the weekend, liking it so farb:victory
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sage dpyro sucks. i don't know why so many people are looking for it. other than the fact that it's your first lvl 11 "nuke" until 92.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sage dpyro sucks. i don't know why so many people are looking for it. other than the fact that it's your first lvl 11 "nuke" until 92.

i might get it just for the added damage in a sutra combo.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited February 2010

with spark+amplify not too bad in sutra, can cast2x+1phoenix+pyrogram and u hurt a bit on target if he got low fire def :)

(i learned)
    edited February 2010

the affect isnt that great when u can use undine but when u cant use undine its helpfull and also the added dmg is very nice for sutra cuz u can spam it twice on a sutra.. i like it b:kiss
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not to rain on your parade but demon version isn't better - reduced channel on a skill which is used only in Sutra? o.O
    Packs World International
  • WitchTamer - Sanctuary
    WitchTamer - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I want it just because Sage pyrogram makes lv.10 Divine Pyrogram look so mediocore(sp?). Back when Spark was incredibly exploitable Divine pyro was so much fun to use.
    Main = WitchBurner
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not to rain on your parade but demon version isn't better - reduced channel on a skill which is used only in Sutra? o.O
    Combined with demon wellspring and some channeling gear, or in demon spark, you can easily take that further down to ~1.25 seconds of channeling, making it quite a nice and fast nuke since it also lacks any casting time. Combined with demon pyrogram (even faster) and demon phoenix (lovely damage and fast) you can do a decent amount of damage to a single target.

I want sage divine pyrogram because it's the only damn skill I'm missing. b:surrender Well and mountain seize, but 1. It sucks 2. I dont like it and 3. It's relatively easy to get
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    Xulin - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Its decent sutra skill when you don't have time to use undine.
    Sutra-> divine pyro, pyro, pheonix, divine pyro, pyro.
    Yes it actually works for me and it does hurt.\

There is another secret with d. pyro, but that my secret.

Also useful for killing off a near half health wizard.