why did you choose your class

Options

Comments

• GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ive always liked STRENGHT rather than MAGIC...

but STRATEGY is also a things that amuse me, so usually if i make an ALT its a stealthy ARCHER (speed and crit FTW b:victory)

ive never played a MAGIC CLASS USER b:bye

im fascinated by pure strenght...and when the things gets harder im comfortable in my role, i feel like im the joker in the pack

from my very 1st RPG game (tabletop D&D) ive always played the HARDCORE-MELEE class (in that case the BARBARIAN-FRENZY)

i played DIABLO II and guess what ? i choose the BARB again b:cute

after a bit i started playing MMOs, and i pick the heavy-HP/buff-tanker which is always on the front line...reminds you of someone b:chuckle ?

then, less than a year ago i joined this game just for the fact that i could have played MY LOVELY BARB ONCE AGAIN...

i was a bit disapointed that, in this game, THE BARB was not suited for DD...at least not for the usual way of playing it (but dont tell this to Wolfgore)

btw i now LOVE MY BARB and i dont regret anything ive done with him...

and the fact that i havent made any ALT yet, means im still having LOTS OF FUN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I never picked a class Q_Q Though i admit that my main is a wizard... and i picked it because i wanted to be like Gambit.... Though i love all the other classes as well ^_^
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ...and i picked it because i wanted to be like Gambit....

u like gambit...

I AM WOLVERINE/HULK HYBRID b:sinb:coolb:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Because I like hitting big numbers and being an aggro *****.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CountIfrit - Harshlands
    CountIfrit - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Basically my fiancee decided to be a Veno, so I took up the male version of the race. It works out well. (We also did the same with other races as well.) b:shutup
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've never really found my 'niche' in games before. I'm good at healing and looking after people and stuff, but I found that if you **** up once, you're gonna be blamed for everything, so cleric was out of the question.

I loved being a tank because I can take care of the party without having to worry much about health since I'd have a (hopefully, decent) cleric to help me. But I mostly played solo, so having a constant cleric without dual clienting (which isn't allowed) to heal me is mostly out of the question. AND I'm too impatient to sit and heal AND too cheap to buy charms.

I considered wizards and archers and for some time, but it was a new class for me and the builds can get a bit restricting because of your playing style, so that didn't go so well.

In the end, I went veno because they're the better all round laid back class that I can use to enjoy the game, whether in squads or solo. Plus, they can turn into a fox. b:pleased
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I chose archer because I couldn't stand riding on a sword, a beast, or being a Healer. That only left archer lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • RainKilganon - Lost City
    RainKilganon - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    At first I made a BM because in any other game ever made I loved being the melee class. But for some reason I just wasn't impressed with the melee on this game so I decided to change classes. I was going through some personal issues at the time so I decided I wanted a class that not only could I solo, but where I could hide behind someone who wasn't like me, so a female only class seemed like a good excuse to hide (I'm a guy).

Come to find out I genuinely like the Veno class though, and with the exception of my archer alts I wouldn't change class for anything. Archers are my second choice though. I love to pew pew in PvP.
    "I'm in the Dark, I'm alone around you. I've been here before, nobody here to get me through. Oh, I'm losing my faith in every way, That points to you, I'm in the dark." <3 The Birthday Massacre
  • AnotherDay - Raging Tide
    AnotherDay - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well, i started as a Blademaster, but after getting to lv 5, i noticed i was on Harshlands,(i hate pvp) so i switched to Dreamweaver as a Blademaster again. Leveled that to lv 6 and reroled just about very class there is, and ended up setleing as a Cleric. I dont know brute Strength never realy apealed to me
    Helping other to live to fight another day. That is my job.
    My guild: OUTLAW
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Originally I chose archer because I liked the idea of hitting big numbers, big crits, and big skill choices. Eventually, I grew to realize my archer sucked (mag archers ftl) and rolled a cleric. Though I may have liked being an archer, cleric was the right choice for me. It just...fit in. I can solo many mag bosses, and solo heal many instances, and generally enjoy squading and other people's company.

...however, I do despise bad tanks...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i have always been a damage dealer in other games. I like the challenge of watching my aggro and get my job done in a safe manner.
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I hated playing a magic class on this game, just didn't enjoy it at all. So leaving me with the choice of Archer, BM, or Barb.. I went with Barb.

Why? I wish I knew. Looking back, I would have gone with a BM.
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I picked wizzies b/c I love elemental magic :3...
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Because I could turn into a fox. I usually play a melee / tank character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In my previous mmorpg, I played a Wizard. I chose that class because it did overpower all other classes in the game and you could solo the entire game with it. Coming to PWI, I found that this game is based more on squad play, and to solo all, or even most of the game, is not possible. Since I usually play by myself and not with others, I chose to be a Veno. I tried the other classes: BM's and Barbs had too high of a repair bill, Clerics were too squishy, just didn't like the Archer class, and I absolutely despised Wizards. I also tried the new Tideborn classes and found that Assassins have the same problem as BM's and Barbs. I have a Psychic alt and am fairly happy with it. Though it is very squishy, it also hits very hard and can cast spells faster than a Wizard.
  • Ashendal - Dreamweaver
    Ashendal - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I started as a BM...didn't like it much because I had no idea what a build was at that time and totally messed him up. b:chuckle

I moved to a wiz because now I can actually mess up a bit and still be able to come back and kill whatever decided to try it. It's also kinda fun to be able to cast spells, I've never been that good at melee type attacks so this worked out great.
  • Murloc/ - Heavens Tear55
    Murloc/ - Heavens Tear55 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1st Char (BM) - a good Tanking / DPS class that can do pretty much everything, and use a lot of weapons. I always like to do these things in every game I play.

2nd Char (Veno) - I wanted money to fund my BM, and I wanted to try out a herc since I had the coin to spare. Made a lot of money, but I don't use her much

3rd Char (Assassin) - I really liked the idea of the class, being pure dmg with hige crit / evade. This has already become my main, and is easily my favorite PWI class.
  • Saeryne - Dreamweaver
    Saeryne - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The first class I chose was archer - I happened to like the thought of actually using bows. My main on another game (not mentioning the name here!) was a bard that had short bow as a secondary weapon. I chose veno second, comes in handy for a coin/mat gatherer, and I like being able to solo most areas. I'm still thrilled with both - archer does good damage, and veno has a flexibility I enjoy, plus I love having a "foxy" character.
    I didn't realize Santa was in a business. I thought it was all good will. Guess I was way off. - NRGLG - Heavens Tear
    My Chars:
    Nimithiel-Archer-7x(Faction: dreamless)
    Saeryne-Veno-7x(Faction: dreamless)
    Sonorous-Sin-2x(faction: Action)
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i get to kill things....a lot of things...in creative ways...with sharp objects and blunt objects and my bare hands

well thats why i played the bm to this point

honestly i picked bm cause i like being a mele DD and i didnt wanna be a furry b:chuckle

glad i didb:cute
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Raybeez - Lost City
    Raybeez - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I chose barb because it reflects me in real life... Big and hungry looking using my big body to my advantage. Also to live out the role of a true Barbarian... to EAT until my belly is full, go to BATTLE and FIGHT, and if i live..... EAT some more!!b:angry ....basiclly i like the aspect of being a *big guy*.
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    Azus - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When I first came to PW i was a complete and utter mmo newbie b:chuckle so I chose the BM. I always had a tendency to choose the high hp melee characters.

After playing for a few months with my BM I made a really good Cleric friend. I was amazed by her survivability and damage dealing capabilities so I too moved over to a Cleric. I found them slightly hard to play to begin with, but as I played more I got better.

Eventually, my Cleric completely replaced my BM as my main because I found the cleric suited my play style so much more (plus I am a carebear lol, so I like healing squads)b:victory

Right now I am trying the Psychic and I am really liking it. Still very squishy but Soul of Vengeance and Black Voodoo make things so much more interesting. I just miss my epic heals from Azus b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"While it is good to have an end to journey toward, it is the journey that matters the most in the end"
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Bottom line, I chose Clerics because they look like angelsb:chuckle. I've always been inclined to magic users so it was either a Wizard or Cleric. In every other MMO I've played I used classes with elemental, nature magic, or "holy" classes and had little experience with healing.

I wanted to take a little break from another MMO but it turned out to be a permanent vacation. What really made me play Perfect World in the first place was that you could fly. Since Winged Elves could fly since level 1, Clerics used magic, and looked angelical it was the perfect class for me. Being a Cleric really gave me another aspect of playing MMOs since its something that really fits my personality. So Clerics, in all their holiness, is the perfect class for me.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Feroxine - Lost City
    Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Whilst I generally play assassin/rogue-type characters in most MMORPGs, Rising Tide hadn't yet been released. So, I decided that for a little bit of a change, I'd try out a 'tanking' class for once.

My barbarian was originally intended only as a stop-gap character until Rising Tide went live, however, I enjoyed playing as one so much that Feroxine is now my 'main' and will be for the foreseeable future.
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Every mmo/mud game I've played that gave the option, I chose the Ranger-type class. So for me it was only natural to choose Archer when I started PW. ;)

Naturally, I have many alts now, but he's still my main, and prolly always will be. XD
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • O_Serenity_o - Heavens Tear
    O_Serenity_o - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I chose cleric because I like elves and magic and especially my wings, and I thought it would be great to have heals and different buffs to help others and myself. But as I am more of a solo person I recently decided to make a veno as my main character. That's because when you're a high level cleric, you're only useful in squads (and on high levels you get mostly quests that need a squad) but when you're a veno with Herc, you can do pretty much anything by yourself.
  • Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear
    Downloadzfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im a BM cus i like the folying sword thingys and aweosme skills :D
  • Wahida - Dreamweaver
    Wahida - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    my friend and i started playing this game. He chose a BM, and i wanted to be the same race, so i picked wizard. And i started to love it sooooooooo much b:dirty
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I chosed my class (wiz) becaz I like a challenge^^ nuff sead
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i strated as wizard but i got owned by all so i chosse barb, now im too high to quit...
  • Chilo - Heavens Tear
    Chilo - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've started with an archer because of the wings and the bow b:chuckle
    It bored me quite fast. Melee is my element, it seems, and i'm happy with my BM (tried all classes but sin so far).

aoe frenzy ftw! b:victory