why did you choose your class

Options
Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
so this thread is about why did you choose the class that is your main in pwi

i personally chose barb cause i thought he looked(i was sorta a noob in mmos) cool finding out later that he had the highest hp and defense in the game and being the tank which i love

now tell me your story why did you choose the class that is your main atm
its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
Post edited by Barbariankev - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ZSage - Heavens Tear
    ZSage - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so this thread is about why did you choose the class that is your main in pwi

i personally chose barb cause i thought he looked(i was sorta a noob in mmos) cool finding out later that he had the highest hp and defense in the game and being the tank which i love

now tell me your story why did you choose the class that is your main atm

I chose wizzie because just the thought of being able to 1 shot every other class in game gave me ****
    /joke b:pleased

ok ok i love seeing the big numbers pop up so often, especially after xtreme poison, undine and a criteb:dirty
  • MissAnthrope - Sanctuary
    MissAnthrope - Sanctuary Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I always choose mage because i find it more fun to be squishy. There is nothing like being completely alert to whats going on around you 24/7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Honestly? I heard about the game being "Pretty" and saw a youtube video showing someone running around in foxform.

Aint I shallow?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    by reading class descriptions and from what ive seen in other mmos, the healing class or partial healing classes, if they lean to the extreme on certain builds, are very powerful and soloable for long amounts of time. So far its been what i expected....just need to upgrade some of my **** gear..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i choosed veno cuz i liek COINZ :P
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm always the Magic-User when I play an MMO. It reflects my intellectual nature, and I try and put as much of "myself" into the game as I can. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Pegasi - Lost City
    Pegasi - Lost City Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well, I started as a Blademaster because I wanted to be the tank and afford some protection to my Squishy Veno friend. XD
    It worked out I think; but now I've moved to my cleric while my friend plays an Assassin, once more to afford help and protection. I may not be able to throw myself at her enemies now or stun them to instantly stop attacks, but I can heal the living daylights out of her and myself long enough to get away or continue fighting. And we really only ever had a lot of trouble with bosses; can't stun those anyway. Still have my BM though for when things get tough. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When Saukey decides she can swim, I know I didn't get the DC pop-up again. Wish she swam when it matters.
  • Specialmats - Heavens Tear
    Specialmats - Heavens Tear Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hmmm.... i picked veno to make a lot of money.

i picked wizard to afk level.

i picked cleric to buff my veno for tt's.

i picked assassin because i was bored.
    [your signature has been removed, please contact an admin for more information]
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like high numbers but i'm not into spamming spells(too much workXD) so i chose an archer. now i play a sin, obviously for the same reason just close range, i wanted some challenge since sins are hard to play like archers. and i needed sth new as well. so far tis great, tho i die more often
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I usually prefer archers or light melee classes but when researching another version of this game I saw one of the classes was pretty darn close to a kitsune so I created one there and then over here when this opened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like pets and pokemanz.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Picked an archer on PWI to try something different since I usually play a Tank. Took a while to get used to this class but I enjoy playing it now. Also, no offense, but the tank classes in this game did not impress me that much.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wizard coz dunno takes more intelligence than a melee fighter spamming pots b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Originally, I started as a venomancer on Harshlands. I didn't like it too much; wasn't too thrilling. I switched over to Dreamweaver to play with my cousin and when choosing a class... I thought of the class my mom plays on other MMOs; a cleric. It sounded appealing to me so I went for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nalfien_ - Sanctuary
    Nalfien_ - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i started as an archer but i got bored cuz it was so easy then i soon changed to a wizzy cuz i met up with a wizzy at one point and saw BIDS in action i was like 'OMG i haz to have that' so then i rerolled i have to admit that the difficulty was unexpected but i like a good challenge
  • Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Archer: Lighting + bow + wings = 3 in one.
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have always been atracted to mage classes so while reading over the classes with my bf he desided on the veno class. I ruled that out as my main and I started a wizard first and cleric second. i soloed my cleric when he wasnt online and played my wizard with my bf's veno for the first 30 or so levels, then for some reason switched to cleric/veno and soloed my wizard up til 40.
    I found the wizard to be painful and slow and my cleric had alot more survivability so i moved towards playing her alot more and made her my main. I enjoy being in the suport role and am a healer / caregiver rl so it fits my nature.

my veno is coming along nicely, I enjoy her alot and will probably make her my second main once i am done with my cleric. I played a tamer/mage in UO for years so its alot like that (only you got cooler pets there b:sad )

my barb i made to marry to my bf's veno, i dont enjoy playing him much at all
    my archer i leveled to 40 and deleted her (need to remove her from my sig now that i think about it)
    my wizard i login now and again but i dont do alot with her either
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nudefoxy - Lost City
    Nudefoxy - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hmmm i guess i wanted to have a tail
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hmmm I Guess I Wanted To Have A Tail

^^
  • LudaSihron - Lost City
    LudaSihron - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Warrior,this is my 2nd MMORPG and once again,i picked up Warror Role,
    The reason is,i just like pure melee dmg,not magic stuff..
    ~ Miracles happen to those who believe in them ~
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm always the Magic-User when I play an MMO. It reflects my intellectual nature, and I try and put as much of "myself" into the game as I can. :P

._.
    me found Konariraiden
    troll.jpg
    b:shocked

well me choose the wizard class because....archers weren't squishy enough.
    b:surrender

also me don't like to play any melee class in any mmorpg.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ._.
    me found Konariraiden
    troll.jpg
    b:shocked

well me choose the wizard class because....archers weren't squishy enough.
    b:surrender

also me don't like to play any melee class in any mmorpg.

LOL WUT

b:question

Close...but no. I actually have a Facebook, if you wanna look me up.

Hint: Look at PWI's Wall, I posted there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ive had a few mains. First off I chose BM for the up front melee action.
    I chose veno next because of the added pet and different type of strategy that comes with the territory.
    I levelled a barb to 70 before coming to the conclusion that it just wasnt my thing. In the end I chose archer for the support fire power type, nasty damage and high crit rate.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've always been into meleer classes, whether it's in MMOs, consoles or tabletop RPGs. Exception made of consoles, where I boost my damage so I can kill ASAP (I often overlevel), I tend to like being able to survive on my own. I also like to be up front, the one to pull, the one who can leeroy and live through it...

In other words, I'm an offtank by nature. It's less of a responsability than a main tank, although I do play main tank a lot, yet it's useful/sometimes needed. I felt at ease right away with the Blademaster because it's an all-around class.

Oh and I love BM AOE. One of the main reasons I stopped playing my veno.

What prevented me from having a barb as a main was because of the shapeshifter aspect to it. I don't usually stop at such details, but I've never, ever gotten into the whole shapeshifting classes (or builds, in some cases, mostly referring to my previous MMO). I just don't like shapeshifters in general, and until about 2 weeks ago, I hadn't played my barb past lv11. He's lv21 now, I wanna get him TT-ready... but still find it annoying to be a human/animal hybrid.

Survivability is also why I like cleric... and veno at some extent (got bored of my veno at 72).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Limshutian - Sanctuary
    Limshutian - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i chose archer mostly because of the wings when i saw a game review lol, but i also like the damange, but currently working on BM because of the AOEs
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I've always been Archer and Assassin, I love long range the best though i actually hate melee like knights etc, but Assassin has something about it that makes Melee fun
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Draykarna - Sanctuary
    Draykarna - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When I first started playing I chose a BM cause I always went for the warrior types in games. Is was ok, but then on day looking through the pwi movies on the site. They guy said that venos where the best solo class in the game. Im not very sociable person so that suited me fine. At first galnce I thought venos would be tricky and hard to play. Turns out they where the easiest.

Now that I have gotten more into the game I realy like playing my cleric because I now like to help out the few freinds I have made and my faction from time to time. (I would help out the faction more but I need to lvl up a bit more)
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/HIM_Wraith/Dray_Sig5_zps515c7918.png[/SIGPIC]
    .:sig by me:.

.:My Chars:.
    .:Draykarna-Veno-8x.:.NiteShade_-Sin-4x.:.Shavain-Psy-7x.:.Kellyka-Cleric-7x.:.Ravenda-Seeker-5x.:.Valaskar-Arch-1x:.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'd tell you if I could decide which was my main. (Changes periodically and unpredictably)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Rohana - Lost City
    Rohana - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    First tried BM because I thought it sounded best, I was a noob and always seem to end up as a melee class.

Then tried wizard because I like seeing the big numbers. Turned out to be too squishy for me.

Tried cleric. Got board by lvl 10.

Went to archer. That was great for a while, until it got to be really expensive and, even if I could kill things quickly, if they got me I was still dead.

Went back to BM, made it to 39 and stopped playing long enough to forget my login info and decided to start over. XD Still a BM tho.

Never really cared for veno or barbarian...
    Someone fix all the avatars stuck at lvl 1!!
  • Belligero - Sanctuary
    Belligero - Sanctuary Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Because I felt too lazy to customize a human's face at the moment I first played this game, so I decided to main a barb.

Oh, and I've always played tank in all the mmo's I've played.
    Belligero