Ideas for Sin 79 skills

Comments

• Nagamorph - Harshlands
    Nagamorph - Harshlands Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ok i read through the first 2 pages, and found very few if any decent ideas.

i may overlap some of the skills past page 2 but here are some of MY ideas.

sins need a -pdef skill for the target

since lvl 79 skills cannot be lvled and have no sage or demon effect it should be a decent amount.

Torture
    deals base damage Cancel enemy channeling and lower targets pdef by 50% for 20 seconds during which u slowly drain the target for 2000 life (drain life goes to you)
    1 spark
    channel .1 sec
    cast .5 sec
    cooldown 1 min

Vandetta
    2 spark
    increase attack speed by 50%, damage by 100% and raises def lvl by 25 for the next 2 min
    during which you are only able to use normal attacks. (buff skills will still work, just no damage skills)
    will overwrite chill of deep

Dunno if I can rly call these decent ideas (dont feel ofended).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    "Originally Posted by Lusca - Sanctuary View Post
    Whirlpool strike

Range 8 meters
    Mana 300
    Channel 1.5 seconds
    Cool down 15 seconds
    Weapon Daggers

All enemies within 8 meters suffer constant physical damage
    Consumes 300 damage every 3 seconds inflicting base physical damage +100% of weapon damage and an additional 3189.4 physical damage

Casting will not stop
    until Mana is depleted or the spell is cancelled.

Requires one Spark

something like that kristoph? lol"

Too lazy to go back and find the original post sorry Lusca, but the base principle is right on for constant aoe style.
    I'm thinking make it form fit to the class, anim/skil wise

ex:
    Name change- Malice/Aura Of Death

descrip: The air around the assassin is covered with a mist of blood that reflects their sheer intent to kill. (Kenpachi style)

knock the added dmg from 3189 down to 2770, and add in a 20% slow effect for all enemies within the 8 meters of mist

Rage damage is applied to crits yatta yatta
    /endpost
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    PASSIVES:
    Lacerations-
    Any succesful melee attack has a 20% chance to cause an extra 500 bleeding damage over 3 seconds

Feast of the Fallen-
    The assassin revels in the kill at hand and gains 3% of max hp for any monster killed.

Active Moves:
    Exploit Weakness-
    The assassin studies the vital points of the target, striking in precise places to block their chi. Taking advantage of this weakness gives them strength

Causes base + 100% + 2200 physical damage
    Depletes 100 chi from target
    Grants 5% crit bonus for 30 seconds
    edited January 2010
    Oo quite fond of the aoe and that passive you just mentioned for a 20% chance to bleed.

I don't believe there is a class yet with passive 79 skill, that would be wonderful.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Too lazy to go back and find the original post sorry Lusca, but the base principle is right on for constant aoe style.
    I'm thinking make it form fit to the class, anim/skil wise

ex:
    Name change- Malice/Aura Of Death

descrip: The air around the assassin is covered with a mist of blood that reflects their sheer intent to kill. (Kenpachi style)

knock the added dmg from 3189 down to 2770, and add in a 20% slow effect for all enemies within the 8 meters of mist

Rage damage is applied to crits yatta yatta
    /endpost

tide born are fish, fish live in water

wizards dragon breath does

"Fire damage equal to base magic damage plus 4458.2."

so base physical damage +100% weapon damage +3189 is about even lol

and a 20% slow effect o.o? slow what? slowing movement speed would be useless o.O
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hmmm...
    a skill that stun enemy for 3 sec and teleport you behind him, with a 25% chance and if this skill lands then you can use lethal blow - a skill that has a chance to take down enemys HP to 1 with a lets say 50% chance. this is quite fair, cause mainly the skill will have a success rate of 12,5% but if it is successfull u can 1 hit any1 including barbs and bms xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    xD okie dokey then wasn't sure if it was in excess for dmg or not to where other classes would be all b:angry

20% slow was just a thought, or some kind of debuff.

Had been thinking about constant aoes for more classes (shts and giggles) when i added in the 20% deal, the slow effect would be for slowing atk rate not movement speed. Sorry for the lack of clarity there

Venomancer-
    (debuffer aoe) Something along the line of , using you're alluring charms and finesse enemies within 12 meters of you are intoxicated and suffer weakness to both phys attack and mag def by x%

no dmg per say as veno can solo most deals but it would be a beneficial thing to fill a zhen role

Barbs - Pride
    Earth based AoE, anim of ground rising and falling like lucky scarab but larger

You are the king of this domain and you're presence shall be felt as the very ground before you quakes in your step.
    (then again they have Armageddon b:surrender) *waits for deaden nerves to cool down*
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Last Hope

Range Melee
    Mana All mp u got
    Channel 0.5
    Cast 0.5
    Cooldown 180sec
    Weapon Daggers
    Requisite Cultivation Who cares?

A skill used by the Tideborn King, Feng Triton. While youre in stealth mode, strikes the enemy with all your power having a 10% chance to 1 shot the objective. If you fail your mag and phys def goes to 0 and your attack is reduced by 95%.This skill uses all your aviable mana and chi, and half of your current hp. -Makes you unable to use stealth skills for 5 secs (enough for any1 to kill u w/out def)-

Anyways, you got 10% chance to 1shot anyone, isnt that good? lol
    Deadly and risky. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Even with those downfalls, I think 10% is a bit much.

I've got a 12% crit rate, and sometimes it feels like I get more crits than not.

And an instant-kill attack will NEVER be implemented into the game. There will be endless whining and QQing over how OP it is (even more so than Nix) until they eventually decide to just remove it.

EDIT: Also, cutting our HP by half will just result in a charm tick>back to full HP, and a cleric can easily purify the defense reductions. And honestly, losing all your chi as a sin is no big deal... Tackling slash>Rising Dragon Strike>Inner Harmony(assuming Harmony is maxed for the level you would have this skill)= 385 chi VERY quickly.

I do like the sound of those passives that Andy suggested though. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Even with those downfalls, I think 10% is a bit much.

I've got a 12% crit rate, and sometimes it feels like I get more crits than not.

And an instant-kill attack will NEVER be implemented into the game. There will be endless whining and QQing over how OP it is (even more so than Nix) until they eventually decide to just remove it.

EDIT: Also, cutting our HP by half will just result in a charm tick>back to full HP, and a cleric can easily purify the defense reductions. And honestly, losing all your chi as a sin is no big deal... Tackling slash>Rising Dragon Strike>Inner Harmony(assuming Harmony is maxed for the level you would have this skill)= 385 chi VERY quickly.

I do like the sound of those passives that Andy suggested though. b:dirty

LOL its just that i saw so many... strange skills that I made this skill as a joke. Anyways, I dont think devs will take their skills from here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Death Dimension

Range: Hit M...you see that map? Yeah, that's the range.
    Mana: 2
    Channel: Instant
    Cool down: 0.3 seconds
    Weapon: Daggers, bows, dual swords, dual blades, blades, swords, scythes, spears, clubs, poleaxes, polehammers, dual axes, dual hammers, fists, claws, magic weapons, and unarmed

All non-friendly targets within ∞ meters die instantly. Targeted players will lose all experience and drop all non-bound items. This skill also gives the assassin 300 chi for every target killed.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    PASSIVES:
    Lacerations-
    Any succesful melee attack has a 20% chance to cause an extra 500 bleeding damage over 3 seconds

Feast of the Fallen-
    The assassin revels in the kill at hand and gains 3% of max hp for any monster killed.

Active Moves:
    Exploit Weakness-
    The assassin studies the vital points of the target, striking in precise places to block their chi. Taking advantage of this weakness gives them strength

Causes base + 100% + 2200 physical damage
    Depletes 100 chi from target
    Grants 5% crit bonus for 30 seconds
    lol i got the ideas for these looking at assassin moves on dragon age: origins lol. theyre based on DnD skills o:
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Death Dimension

Weapon: Daggers, bows, dual swords, dual blades, blades, swords, scythes, spears, clubs, poleaxes, polehammers, dual axes, dual hammers, fists, claws, magic weapons, and unarmed

All non-friendly targets within ∞ meters die instantly. Targeted players will lose all experience and drop all non-bound items. This skill also gives the assassin 300 chi for every target killed.

LoL we dont even have 3sparks yet :P what happens with blue named and those in safe zone? how can u take all drops? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Flaming Blade:

Mana:1000
    Cast: Instant
    Cool down: 1 minute
    Weapon: Daggers

Inflicting fire damage equals to 100% of base physical damage plus 100% of weapon damage on top of all your attacks. Lasting 30 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Death Dimension

Cost 4 sparks.

b:laugh
    looool!
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    LoL we dont even have 3sparks yet :P what happens with blue named and those in safe zone? how can u take all drops? b:laugh

Non-friendly targets meaning those that can be targeted to be attacked (Including mobs).

And it doesn't matter if we don't. It's a chi-building skill. b:cute

As for the drops:

Greater Vacuum

Range: Same as Death Dimension
    Mana: 14

Any items currently on the ground are moved to your location.

Costs 1 spark.

@Hamsta: That's no big deal, as the skill itself will give you, what, 9001 sparks per cast?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Flaming Blade:

Mana:1000
    Cast: Instant
    Cool down: 1 minute
    Weapon: Daggers

Inflicting fire damage equals to 100% of base physical damage plus 100% of weapon damage on top of all your attacks. Lasting 30 seconds.

This buff is nice but, isnt the mp needed too high to be just for 30secs? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Non-friendly targets meaning those that can be targeted to be attacked (Including mobs).

And it doesn't matter if we don't. It's a chi-building skill. b:cute

As for the drops:

Greater Vacuum

Range: Same as Death Dimension
    Mana: 14

Any items currently on the ground are moved to your location.

Costs 1 spark.

@Hamsta: That's no big deal, as the skill itself will give you, what, 9001 sparks per cast?

lol ppl r trying to do their own stuff and suddenly they die! "WTF!" they say, and then they hear from World chat: hahaah every1s gear and thingies for meh!!
    Chi building? do u rly need to kill whole map just to build chi? lolz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Chi building? do u rly need to kill whole map just to build chi? lolz

Yes...Yes I do. ಠ_ಠ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010

you do know that the max sparks someone can get be 3?
    and 99 chi
    so lols~
    b:chuckle
    me said 4 because that would be just 1 less chi then you need yet it be impossible to get 4 total sparks.
    loooool~
    (and if someone gets more chi then they can handle it just disappears after filling up teh bars.)

=p
    me like trout's idea let them have that but never implement 4 complete sparks.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    you do know that the max sparks someone can get be 3?
    and 99 chi
    so lols~
    me said 4 because that would be just 1 less chi then you need yet it be impossible to get 4 total sparks.
    loooool~
    (and if someone gets more chi then they can handle it just disappears after filling up teh bars.)

=p
    me like trout's idea let them have that but never implement 4 complete sparks.
    xD

Once the skill is released, level 79 assassins will get ~17,000 sparks. They'll look like little dots that just fill up your entire screen, making you unable to properly function in the game. But hey, you can kill everyone instantly and transport their drops to you faster than FedEx, so it doesn't really matter. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nagamorph - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Once the skill is released, level 79 assassins will get ~17,000 sparks. They'll look like little dots that just fill up your entire screen, making you unable to properly function in the game. But hey, you can kill everyone instantly and transport their drops to you faster than FedEx, so it doesn't really matter. b:cute

GMs will have to make a way to get sparks off the screen and put them in a window, just like quest window. Dont bother looking if u got chi lol
    Spark!Spark!Spark!Spark!Spark!Spark!Spark!Spark!...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Death_Tide - Heavens Tear
    Death_Tide - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just give a Sin a Purge skill. I honestly think that would be perfect for them. It would still keep the theme as high Damage Dealers but still squishy.

Besides it would make fighting HA users much easier.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This buff is nice but, isnt the mp needed too high to be just for 30secs? b:shocked

Meh. It is a pretty OP skill xD. MP can be taken care of by a pot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Death Blow

MP: 500
    chanel: 1.0 seconds
    range: melee
    cooldown: 30 seconds

description: the bloodiest and merciless of all assassins techniques. stab the target in the back of the neck to deal base atk dmg + 400% weapon dmg + 4500 physical dmg. has 50% chance to kill target instantly and 100% chance to cause massive bleeding for 10 seconds equal to 3800 physical dmg. this skill ignores Physical defense of the target.

can only be used while in stealth and only while behind the target. costs 2 sparks.

basically to take down the charmed HA barbs/BMs with relative ease lol. and assassins are killers so imo they need atleast one skill that does insanely massive dmg to a target no matter what armor they have on. its what assassins do :p

rofl xD

If i meet a sin with this i would love to have him test it on me, considering by the time i hit lvl 79 i'll have enough HP to withstand all of the first part w/o ticking my charm and the second part will just have my charm tick for me :)
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Really Stupid Skill Ideas

MP: > 9000
    Channel: how ever long it takes you to type your idea
    Range: Assassin Forum
    Cooldown: Till the next guy posts his dumb idea

Description: Some people post the most ridiculous and uneducated move ideas ever. How many of you actually know how HUGE the damage of your skills is affected by those % + fixed number add ons are. Like that deathblow move some dipstick posted would easily be capable of high end 5 digit damage without critting ~_~;
    edited January 2010
    Stealth Last Post

mp:0
    cd:next post

Automatically hides the previous post provided their stealth level is less than yours so that random goofy ideas may continue to spring forth.

also wouldn't it be depressing if Tideform being able to use skills was implemented as a 79. That'd be like.... a shotty attempt at covering up what should have been implemented in the first place.

barb: tiger form - tiger skills
    veno: fox form - fox skills
    merperson: merform - no skills, no added skills, crappy defense gain, not even a flippin spark erupt wtf
  • Replayx - Heavens Tear
    Replayx - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i like the ideas of something that -pdef for x seconds. It would be a nice mix with rib strike on bosses. Also, the idea of a slowing skill would be nice...

De-De-De-Daggers
    (MAYBE give it a range of 5m like puncture)
    Deals base physical damage + X. Slows target to 50-75% of base speed, lasts 10-20 seconds.

x - mana
    20-30 second CD.

Seeing as shadowjump is effected by lag this skill wouldnt be so bad.

Also, ive heard rumors that bloodpaint will become a 10minute-30 minute squad buff for barbs/sins/archers. I think this would be a good idea to help us with squad enviroments. Why take a high DPS sin when you can have an archer that can buff evasion + speed and also deal about the same damage, if not more, once you take sharp tooth into consideration....
    edited January 2010
    Stumble
    Requisite Level: 79
    MP: 0
    Channel: 0
    Cooldown: 2 seconds
    Range: Melee self target

Description: This skill automatically activates every 2 seconds. Makes the user stumble and fall on their face, getting stunned for 1 second, taking 50 damage, and forced out of stealth.

58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Stumble
    Requisite Level: 79
    MP: 0
    Channel: 0
    Cooldown: 2 seconds
    Range: Melee self target

Description: This skill automatically activates every 2 seconds. Makes the user stumble and fall on their face, getting stunned for 1 second, taking 50 damage, and forced out of stealth.

b:dirty Where can I buy some Apocalypse pages?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]