Want ease of leveling, endgame capability info for classes

HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
I was wondering if someone wants to give their opinion on all the classes with a rank system of sorts like...
Barbarian:
Leveling difficulty: 1.5/5(Soloing extremely slow, Always wanted for groups...ect), Endgame capability: ?/5 or something for the most commonly used builds at least (Bonus for rating different builds :D)...Maybe with a bit of info as to why you think it deserves that rating. I think this could help people decide on a character choice and I'm not knowledgeable enough about it to give great info XD More detail the better :D

Obviously Psychic and Assassin might be excluded from at least the endgame rating. So yeah... :D If people want to put in the effort, I'm sure it'll answer a lot of questions for newbies and veterans alike.
Post edited by HollowMartyr - Raging Tide on

Comments

• storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    all classes be considered either 4 except for barbs and clerics which be 5.
    b:chuckle
    seriously if you be friendly you can get a squad/faction for darn near everything.
    b:thanks
    and me am not sure about end game capabilities.
    >.<'
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    5 being hardest..
    barb = 2
    BM = 3
    ASN = 3
    Veno = 1
    Cleric = 5
    archer = 4
    Wiz = 3
    Psy = 2
  • storehammy
    edited December 2009
    5 being hardest..
    barb = 2
    BM = 3
    ASN = 3
    Veno = 1
    Cleric = 5
    archer = 4
    Wiz = 3
    Psy = 2

archer......be hard to level?
    lol wha????
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary

• Guepard - Sanctuary
    Guepard - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    5 being hardest..
    barb = 2
    BM = 3
    ASN = 3
    Veno = 1
    Cleric = 5
    archer = 4
    Wiz = 3
    Psy = 2

Wiz 3 and cleric 5???????????????
  • storehammy
    edited December 2009
    ya shouldn't clerics be something along the lines of.....2?
    sure getting started is a bit hard but after that....all you do is your standard heal spam and occasionally purify.....
    b:surrender
    also psytrac stop confoosing people.
    lets stick with the OP's 1 being extremely slow and 5 being easiest system.
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary

• bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    5 being hardest..
    barb = 2
    BM = 3
    ASN = 3
    Veno = 1
    Cleric = 5
    archer = 4
    Wiz = 3
    Psy = 2

BM and Wiz same lvling capabilities?
    Barb easier than BM?

OH LAWDY!
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • Guepard - Sanctuary
    Guepard - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    barb = 1
    Bm = 2
    **** = 3
    Veno = 1
    Cleric = 4
    Archer = 3
    Wiz = 5
    Psy = 2
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    storehammy wrote: »
    archer......be hard to level?
    lol wha????
    they're hard to play later on, I gave an overall..
  • storehammy
    edited December 2009
    they're hard to play later on, I gave an overall..

you is confoosing me.
    X_X'
    clarify please....is you talking about difficulty of leveling or end game performance?
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary

• Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    you is confoosing me.
    X_X'
    clarify please....is you talking about difficulty of leveling or end game performance?
    playing, front to back. lvl 1 to lvl 9x
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    >.< *beats psytrac with ma wiz power*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    >.< *beats psytrac with ma wiz power*
    white voodoo + Soul of Vengence will watch you kill yourself.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hmm i'd say on a scale of 1-10, 10 being hardest via levelling:

Clerics = 3.
    Low defense and quite hard at the earliest levels, later on they become much strong and rarely die due to healing/buffing themselves. Excellent self sufficient aoe grinders and wanted for zhen.

Blademasters= 2.
    Slow at earlier levels but gain aoes later on. Good defense/HP and stuns/marrows boost survivability rate. Self sufficient aoe grinders. Good in zhens for luring.

Wizards= 5.
    Low defense and skills take long to channel. Wizards need to rely on their ability to hit hard before the mob can reach them. A permanent aoe makes them very wanted for zhen.

Archers= 3.
    Difficult at lower levels due to not being able to keep mobs at a safe distance where they do the most damage. A higher crit rate and better ranged skills makes them more profficient later on. Their barrage skill is as permanent as their mp, excellent for zhen squads.

Barbarians= 6.
    An excellent HP pool will see them rarley die, however barbs trade off damage for their tanking ability aswell as having mediocre accuracy. Raising a barbarian can take a long time but will be very rewarding in the end. Barbarians make excellent zhen lurers.

Venomancers= 5.

A venomancer is a pet user. One who knows their way around the pet bar will rarely take damage from a mob, but if it should happen via accident a robe venomancer wont live long. Very low defense and a lower magic attack to compensate for a pet's damage in pvp, raising one can take awhile. Despite being able to learn 3 aoes, 2 need 2 sparks and one you cannot spam.

Venomancers are 1v1 grinders and considered usless by most for zhens. They are the most versatile but light and heavy armour builds do not shine until level 80+.

Well that's my take on things anyway o.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    white voodoo + Soul of Vengence will watch you kill yourself.

not if i 1 shot you meheheheh spark+extrme poison+sandstorm= GGb:bye

and did i mention i have a charm on me buts its got 200k hp left or so >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Leveling ease, from 1(easy) to 5(hard) in my opinion...Not assuming PvP because I'm not familiar with PvP for all the classes

Veno - 2
    Cleric - 2
    Archer - 3
    Blademaster - 4
    Barbarian - 4
    Wizard - 5
    Assassin - 3
    Psychic - 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ya shouldn't clerics be something along the lines of.....2?
    sure getting started is a bit hard but after that....all you do is your standard heal spam and occasionally purify.....
    b:surrender

Have you played a cleric ?

Seriously...

I'm not saying clerics are hard to play end game but it's not just spam heals and purifys if you actually do stuff with groups.
    Clerics are MUCH more fun to play than that b:chuckle

(copied Aadi's format)
    From my experience playing each class,
    leveling ease, from 1(easy) to 5(hard)
    Veno - 1
    Cleric - 2
    Archer - 3
    Blademaster - 3
    Barbarian - 4
    Wizard - 4

I Cant comment on TB havent tried the new classes. all tho from what ive heard my guildmates tell me, Psychic seems to be somewhere between cleric and wiz for difficulty.
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I can't really comment on the other classes, but I can speak for Barbs.

It sucks.

No, seriously. Leveling up a Barb is such a pain in the ****. Grinding and questing is just not fun, nor easy. More then likely, you have to fight magic mobs, and our damage output is laughable. I have major respect for anyone who can stick with it til 90+. It just isn't very fun or enjoyable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I can't really comment on the other classes, but I can speak for Barbs.

It sucks.

No, seriously. Leveling up a Barb is such a pain in the ****. Grinding and questing is just not fun, nor easy. More then likely, you have to fight magic mobs, and our damage output is laughable. I have major respect for anyone who can stick with it til 90+. It just isn't very fun or enjoyable.

Not to mention that they must learn how to keep aggro. I don't care how high leveled the barb is, if they can't keep aggro they automatically fail. I'd go on, but this isn't the barb forum section.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Blademasters= 2.
    Slow at earlier levels but gain aoes later on. Good defense/HP and stuns/marrows boost survivability rate. Self sufficient aoe grinders. Good in zhens for luring.

Venomancers= 5.

A venomancer is a pet user. One who knows their way around the pet bar will rarely take damage from a mob, but if it should happen via accident a robe venomancer wont live long. Very low defense and a lower magic attack to compensate for a pet's damage in pvp, raising one can take awhile. Despite being able to learn 3 aoes, 2 need 2 sparks and one you cannot spam.

Venomancers are 1v1 grinders and considered usless by most for zhens. They are the most versatile but light and heavy armour builds do not shine until level 80+.

Well that's my take on things anyway o.0

Lol, why do all veno's try to pretend they have it tough ^^ Maybe it's to balance the OP Veno QQ, and I agree that veno's aren't OP at all...but as for simple leveling, it's a joke.

BM is a relatively easy class to level. But arguing that it's tough because mobs can kill you quick if you **** up and you're a robe is like saying BM's are tough because you might use the wrong marrow in an aoe and get squished.
    A good veno does not get hit. I have a robe veno myself and even if you take agro you maybe take a hit or two and pet takes it back or you finish the mob. You have a healing skill and soul transfusion in emergency. You can shoot to 80, and then reach 90+ moderately fast through dailies, rb and frost.
  • pand0ra
    edited December 2009
    Not to mention that they must learn how to keep aggro. I don't care how high leveled the barb is, if they can't keep aggro they automatically fail. I'd go on, but this isn't the barb forum section.

but keeping aggro has nothing to do with how easy/hard it is to lvl a barb. (all tho if a barb is very good at keeping aggro it might be easier to lvl at a certain point, as people are going to ask said barb for help for FCC, RB and FB's)

The same can be said for any class tho (venos that can't pull, clerics that can't purify are also FAIL) but it doesnt make it harder/easier to lvl that class.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That was just my input, i'm not an expert on all classes, just based from my obersavtions. I based this on levelling diffuclty and time. By 60+ zhen comes into play and venos aren't of any value to a zhen party, so they level slower. I did not include RB and Frost. This is from a grinding point of view.

Any good venos knows that "A good veno never gets hit" is a load of bullshet. I think you either don't have a veno or your veno isn't very high levelled. A pure mag/vit/mag/pure mag/light and heavy venos (all builds) take aggro from their pets via high damage or crits. There's also mobs you might not have seen, an accidental pull, forgetting about bramble, a mob with speed increase, a gank from mobs where your pet dies and they come after you...

If you're not getting hit you're doing something wrong. Either that or you're not human.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    pand0ra wrote: »
    but keeping aggro has nothing to do with how easy/hard it is to lvl a barb. (all tho if a barb is very good at keeping aggro it might be easier to lvl at a certain point, as people are going to ask said barb for help for FCC, RB and FB's)

The same can be said for any class tho (venos that can't pull, clerics that can't purify are also FAIL) but it doesnt make it harder/easier to lvl that class.

If you know how to play your class, you can get into parties easier. If you can get into parties easier, you'll level much quicker. That's not easier leveling?
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • pand0ra
    edited December 2009
    If you know how to play your class, you can get into parties easier. If you can get into parties easier, you'll level much quicker. That's not easier leveling?
    pand0ra wrote: »

Ok I guess for the last part I was refering to grinding questing.. But see big red letters above. (meaning I do not disagree, but you hadnt mentionned lvling at all in your first post so I just added my 2 cents)
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    That was just my input, i'm not an expert on all classes, just based from my obersavtions. I based this on levelling diffuclty and time. By 60+ zhen comes into play and venos aren't of any value to a zhen party, so they level slower. I did not include RB and Frost. This is from a grinding point of view.

Any good venos knows that "A good veno never gets hit" is a load of bullshet. I think you either don't have a veno or your veno isn't very high levelled. A pure mag/vit/mag/pure mag/light and heavy venos (all builds) take aggro from their pets via high damage or crits. There's also mobs you might not have seen, an accidental pull, forgetting about bramble, a mob with speed increase, a gank from mobs where your pet dies and they come after you...

If you're not getting hit you're doing something wrong. Either that or you're not human.

Sorry, I admit "never" getting hit was a bit of an overstatement. ^^ What I meant was if you're good at your class you wont die from it too often. Even when I got hit or agro I could just kite a bit until my pet pulled it back. Plus venos have several emergency hp restore methods.

Frost > Zhen imo. .
  • HollowMartyr - Raging Tide
    HollowMartyr - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm usually more about the fun while leveling then the endgame especially since this game's seem to be based almost entirely on pvp so I probably won't try for a Wizzy or Barb any time soon...Already knew that but It's nice to have this info all in one place instead of spread out and hidden in all the class forums...Thanks for all your opinions so far guys :D Can't wait for more!
    I don't like feeling like all the leveling time was boring XD
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would go with
    bm - 2 (excellent aoe grinders -- can probably level the fastest of all of 'em when played right)
    wiz - 4 (squishy or slower killing when not squishy)
    cleric - 3 (harder at lower levels, easier at higher)
    archer - 2 (easiest solo grinders)
    venomancer - 2 (easiest overall to level and most efficient with pet)
    barbarian - 5 (relatively difficult but not as difficult as it is tedious [low dmg, questing is forever, high repair, high pot cost] until high levels)
    psychic - ? (1 at lower levels)
    assassin - ? (2 at lower levels)

? for new races since we don't know yet how it's like to grind and quest to higher levels. Also won't count the opinion of those who have oracle'd.
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i Can't Really Comment On The Other Classes, But I Can Speak For Barbs.

It Sucks.

No, Seriously. Leveling Up A Barb Is Such A Pain In The ****. Grinding And Questing Is Just Not Fun, Nor Easy. More Then Likely, You Have To Fight Magic Mobs, And Our Damage Output Is Laughable. I Have Major Respect For Anyone Who Can Stick With It Til 90+. It Just Isn't Very Fun Or Enjoyable.
    +100.......
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • DorkFish - Sanctuary
    DorkFish - Sanctuary Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You are ALL wrong. The easiest leveling class in the game is the GM class. They can go from 1 to 150 in seconds.

DF
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    clerics are easy. early lvls they kill fast enough, then they get hella easy at like 60ish cuz of zhen and rbs. they literally dont have to do anything. just stand in BB and get exp.

and id say clerics are the easiest just for that. once you hit like 70, 80, 90+, no matter what class youre playing, lvln gets hard. grinding is not worth the exp it yields, and all thats left is bh, fb, rb. and in just about all those cases, clerics put in minimal effort (bb = 1 click) compared to everybody else who actually has to move, target things, attack things. and majority of the bh/fbs i go on the clerics dont even bother healing until after the charm has ticked.

and cant say how many times ive died at phlebo cuz i stole aggro and the cleric was in BB afk (bb isnt a strong enough heal to keep me alive).
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Let me throw a slight spanner into the works :P

I have both a barb and a wiz as alts. Now of course the wiz is squishier, but he kills mobs so fast he rarely gets hit, and even if he does get hit he is an LA wiz, so it's not too bad.
    However the best thing about my wiz is that he is just *fun*. He kills mobs fast and breezes through quests; and it's a nice challenge trying to drop mobs without being hit...and games are all about challenges right?

Now my barb, he's never gonna die, but he kills mobs sooooooooo slowly its a bore fest. Getting through a quest that needs say 30 kills will take like an hour, and my wiz will do it in less than half that time. Because he is so boring and it takes so long to kill mobs, wouldn't that make it much harder to raise a barb than a wiz? Yet most people here have put wiz as being harder to lvl than a barb :P
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)