Archers Fail Endgame?

Options
System
System Posts: 311 mod
edited January 2010 in Archer
:(

Im a level 68 archer(Avatar is glitched at 52..) and I always hear people saying that 90+ archers are fail compared to other classes.

Is this true? If so why D: it's not very motivating
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dreaded_Fate - Lost City
    Dreaded_Fate - Lost City Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't believe so. If you go demon, you can get crit over 50%. You have elemental skills/hp reducing to kill heavies. Heavies have to stun you and be in close range to even hit you. You can fly through the air changing altitudes and they have to do the same thing. Basic elemental defense basic phy def. You can kill mobs with only using two skills. You have a great AoE. Its nice
    [EvilMarlon - Sanctuary] It would be nice to be a male veno i tryed a veno and my dad saw me and he thought i was **** it took me a whole month for him to even talk to me again. <-- LMAO b:chuckle
  • System
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I always hear that Archers are screwed over at endgame though, because our evasion becomes less usefull when barbs/BMs get Accuracry rings
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    archers are fine at 100 with good gear, they are obviously worse off than other classes but with enough swipes of a visa you can hold your own.
  • System
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How are we worse off?
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    we have the worst defense in the game due to us being forced to use light armor, our magic attacks aren't weapon percentage based meaning we do low magic damage compared to other classes. the only way we deal damage is through crits and we are supposed to be the class that relys on crits, but with all the endgame gear being so easy to get classes who's damage is already high are gaining 15%+ crit, which is past the point of lucky.

we do have a couple good things, blood vow makes taking out heavies a lot smoother, quickshot and -interval gear comes in handy against robes who have double your pdef. also with a high attack rate you have a higher chance to debuff the person which renders them an easy kill (buffs are everything at endgame). we also have an amazing genie skill that is exclusive to our class.

but we can still spend 40 grand on the game and still get 1 shot by a mage who hasn't charged a cent.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    *kills level 99-101 players in TW who have +7-8 gear >.>*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • System
    edited December 2009
    Options
    :(

Is it that bad at 90+ I mean do we get killed THAT easily?

Im a strong believer that any class can own any class, but Im worried that I'll be at such a great disadvantage that even a fail 90+ person could pwn me
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    devoted's opinion is biased as almost everyone on LC has like +12 gear when it comes to those who wanna pvp. note on every server, over 50% of the top 50 PKers are archers lol. we're not as bad as youre told.

when it comes to our job of killing robes, we do it like no other. sure we have our weaknesses, but so do those that can kill us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well mass PvP it's different. you can hit people who are not targeting or noticing you, so your lack of defense is not as pronounced and only your attack power really matters.

i can backstab mages while they're mid channel and not paying attention to me. (so none of that FoW, dist shrink, sleep, undine and all that)

i can take venos down while their bird is on someone else

i can barrage someone while being behind a wall and people just take damage all around without noticing me for like 10s

and when someone is attacking me, some combination of wings, condor, apoc pots and alacrity will usually allow me to run away until they forget about me and allow me to resume my attacking. archers are undoubtedly good in TW and i assert that a good TW fac need to have a nice pool of archers (and PURGE) to be successful in TW.

and heavies i just don't deal with save for casting sharptooth and hoping someone else can take care of it because my squad is not assigned (thankfully) to kill heavies

i think most people refer to solo PvP when they speak of the archer class' deficiencies
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Like devoted said. Our defence is the worst in game.

Barbs tons hp
    bm can use aura to increase def/mag
    wiz stone barrier Inc def so bad
    venos are either all heavy n nyx stun from far
    cleric sleep ya, use chi pot n triple spark while u get debuff n they got shield
    and archer def, relies on evasiIon which is pathetic end game. Meele wears 2 lunar/mysty or 90 gold n magic will NEVER miss.

Yeap We got disvantage in def n only way to get more survive is sliding your credit card n get +7armor n +12weapon. Gotta admit is hard sum times catching up with other classes since most have always advantage.
    But we also have a really gud damage that comes handy n our quick damage also. Spike +Cri damage gives us an edge specially people not full buff. Wizards aint that hard when their not bm/cleric buff/hpbuff. They actually kinda squishy specially the ones that are robe n the light armor ones dont really deal that much damage unless they big cash shoper, but if they light armor Our metal skills do more damage than regular shots so make it even easier for us to kill.
    Lunar bow, its probably Archer savior. Without that bow at end game, it is really hard. but once you can debuff, it gets really easy killing all classes. But you always gotta know whats commin, when mage gonna ulti, cleric gonna sleep, bm gonna dragon, barb gonna predition, veno gonna bleed n counter it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Quizenbort - Dreamweaver
    Quizenbort - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Archers are fine endgame.
    HP, Defence, and all that other stuff you say we lack is unessary.

Object of an archer is kill the other person faster then they kill you. So if you die in 5 seconds, then you better build to kill in 4 sec.

Full Debuffed any class in game should be 1-3 shots for the kill.
    edited December 2009
    Options

Object of an archer is kill the other person faster then they kill you. So if you die in 5 seconds, then you better build to kill in 4 sec.

b:sad dying every 5 seconds its not fun.

Yes we are built to kill, n best way an archer kill people in mass pvp tends to be hidding all the way up or below n shoot people before they notice.
    but in 1v1 our defence really leave us on a disvantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Umm perhaps thats cos the archers/hunters/rangers or whatever it is you want to call them are supposed to attack while not being noticed. I know its what assassins have to do but think of it this way: Archers have primarily been hunters who dont go in front of their target and get ready to shoot the arrow. They usually hide behind something and fire a single fatal shot at their prey. Seems pretty much the same thing that we need to do at endgame.

A single archer/hunter does not stand in the open for the kill. Groups of them, hell yea provided they have melee warriors protecting them on the frontlines.

Ever wondered why archers are usually positioned behind sword/spear weilding warriors in an actual war?

Do snipers go out in the open to kill their targets?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

really? kill any class in 1-3 shots? a buff-less barb can still have well over 15k hp at 9x. even if you amp-crit on all 3 shots on a charmless barb... its still no guarantee kill.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i think most people refer to solo PvP when they speak of the archer class' deficiencies

Its this.

Everything Devoted says is true as he is talking about solo PvP.

An archer can kill many people in Town war where people are not suspecting attacks. The first hit is critical for an archer. In a Town-war or large PvP events - archers can make the first couple of strikes while people are left looking for where the attacks come from.

But when it comes to going solo an archer lacks in defensive ability and offensive ability without some serious cash.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My statements were both for TW and 1v1 PK. Im not here to tell you how to play an archer, but please stop with this we are no good end game ****. I did not say we live 5 sec.. I said if you die in 5 you better kill in 4.

The whole 15k unbuffed barb thing.. that should be 2 or 1 shot. either 15k + crt or 1 normal hit for like 5k then 11k crt.

For me personally it usually is a 7500 hit with Thunder, then 9-11k with Lighting.

And lol at the TW thing.. if you BOA on lets say a CATA you will rake in the kills, most clerics and support will die in 1 shot crts to the Boa and all will be dead for sure by wave 3.

Needless to say.. if you dont feel you are one of the best pk classes, either spend time and gear up better. Or find a game your better at.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    how the **** are you hitting 7.5k on a barb no crit?
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    More of the question how are you doing 7.5k then 11k with the same metal damage skills (at lv10)? At lv11, Thunder hits harder than Lightning aswell.

Then the second question of how are you doing 7.5k on a metal skill with no crit?
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    We are incredibly useless end-game, quit now.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    and since everyone holds you in such high regard, thatd make you the king of our failness that is archers! ...jk b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My statements were both for TW and 1v1 PK. Im not here to tell you how to play an archer, but please stop with this we are no good end game ****. I did not say we live 5 sec.. I said if you die in 5 you better kill in 4.

The whole 15k unbuffed barb thing.. that should be 2 or 1 shot. either 15k + crt or 1 normal hit for like 5k then 11k crt.

For me personally it usually is a 7500 hit with Thunder, then 9-11k with Lighting.

And lol at the TW thing.. if you BOA on lets say a CATA you will rake in the kills, most clerics and support will die in 1 shot crts to the Boa and all will be dead for sure by wave 3.

Needless to say.. if you dont feel you are one of the best pk classes, either spend time and gear up better. Or find a game your better at.

Do you have a Warsoul weapon +12?

Otherwise you're:

Using illegal dmg hacks

killing 6X-8X

Or you might just be trolling b:shocked

The dmg you describe is fantasy numbers. Not even the biggest cash shoppers rank8 archers with +12 using a 30% attack blessing on does that kind of dmg with metal on barbs b:chuckle.
  • Triskelion - Dreamweaver
    Triskelion - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Archers are anything but fail in endgame nothing can convince me otherwise, One of the best pkers on DW is lvl 99 and if you come to Orchid temple in the evening you will see him, he is a absolute beast he can go toe to toe with the best geared Bm, which is lvl 102 and can win he has, a 10+ Heaven Shatterer and he can have 5 attackers 90+ and come out alive, he makes most ganks fail on him, ive watched him alot and now nothing can convince me Archer class Fails even though i will never be one. Class switching is not worth it archer is a very good class stick with it and you will be happy i gaurentee it.b:victory
    edited December 2009
    Options

I believe ya do 7.5k On CRI + Poison + Dragon. Or the barb ya fighting is 8x.
    U wont do 7.5k to a barb that has same refines as ya.

True when barrage goin.. you mite kill all the squishy classes such as clerics/archers/mages/robe venos. But it wont take a 1 shot cri unless they are charmless. Mostly u need to keep barrage up for at least 5-15seconds.

I luv my class actually. I wouldnt still play it if i didnt. What we puttin on statement is that ARCHERS LACK ON DEF/MAG.

One of the best pkers on DW is lvl 99 and if you come to Orchid temple in the evening you will see him

Really? Wat else...
    he is a absolute beast he can go toe to toe with the best geared Bm
    Oh wow what lv?
    which is lvl 102 and can win
    Wow amazing n how does he do it.
    he has, a 10+ Heaven Shatterer
    Oh cash shop.

Overall archers are one of the best pk classes but they require a big "investment" to really shine over others. Just as a veno can have a **** gear n kick yar ****, or barb can go full vit n armagedon, or cleric can sleep ya n triple spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reno - Harshlands
    Reno - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    but with enough swipes of a visa you can hold your own.

rofl yea tru dat b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shendez - Heavens Tear
    Shendez - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Overall archers are one of the best pk classes but they require a big "investment" to really shine over others.

I see people say this a lot but I'm a little confused. Does this mean that the refines on LA and Archer weapons are better than the other classes? If you took the same "investment" on another class, would there be less utility on the stat gains of that class than the archer, or do different gear types give less for refines? Otherwise statements that say "archers can hold their own with lots of refines" are kinda misleading, since if you took that investment on any other class, it would still have that gap over the archer.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I see people say this a lot but I'm a little confused. Does this mean that the refines on LA and Archer weapons are better than the other classes? If you took the same "investment" on another class, would there be less utility on the stat gains of that class than the archer, or do different gear types give less for refines? Otherwise statements that say "archers can hold their own with lots of refines" are kinda misleading, since if you took that investment on any other class, it would still have that gap over the archer.

If you spend the same amount of $$ on an archer as you spend on any other class, the other class will come out on top.

However, if you spend a large enough amount of $$ on an archer to be above the competition in the quality of your gear, then you'll be able to hold your own.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Refin on armor only give hp.
    Refine on necklace, rings n belt give mdef/pdef.

Heavy gets more hp than Amy other armor.
    Light is 2nd more hp btw those 3.
    Arcane gives less hp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lol.. looks like everyone just wants to QQ about how bad they are so they have an excuse when they lose.

Sorry to break it to you, but if you are fail archer its your fault. So do something about it or reroll some class that takes less skill and gear.

Or better yet come to DW go white named in OT and prove me wroung.

Btw-- the damage i stated earler is crt.. but its not hard to crt that if you have over 50%crt.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lol.. looks like everyone just wants to QQ about how bad they are so they have an excuse when they lose.

Sorry to break it to you, but if you are fail archer its your fault. So do something about it or reroll some class that takes less skill and gear.

Or better yet come to DW go white named in OT and prove me wroung.

Btw-- the damage i stated earler is crt.. but its not hard to crt that if you have over 50%crt.
    pics or it didnt happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Pics of what?