Mystery Mount Sale Discussion

Comments

• KikiKitten - Heavens Tear
    KikiKitten - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    All I know is there better NOT be a Goldmane or there would be no point to all of the ones given out as prizes for very hard events and won from the eggs. All the people winning Threetails, fishthatcan'tswim, and Panda knew it was going to be released later- the goldmane better stay as a symbol of pride.

Even though I really really want one I'd rather earn it.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    All I know is there better NOT be a Goldmane or there would be no point to all of the ones given out as prizes for very hard events and won from the eggs. All the people winning Threetails, fishthatcan'tswim, and Panda knew it was going to be released later- the goldmane better stay as a symbol of pride.

Even though I really really want one I'd rather earn it.

Thats what I said when they released the Ninetails. 5 of us on the server had them and *poof* in the Boutique.

The only good news for me is....I sold my Bulbfish when I got is (sea sickness...no seriously...) and the others I do not like, if my predictions are right.

Although..the new mounts that I seen...there is one that would be nice...

Ninetails I think I will stay with...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • KikiKitten - Heavens Tear
    KikiKitten - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thats what I said when they released the Ninetails. 5 of us on the server had them and *poof* in the Boutique.

The only good news for me is....I sold my Bulbfish when I got is (sea sickness...no seriously...) and the others I do not like, if my predictions are right.

Although..the new mounts that I seen...there is one that would be nice...

Ninetails I think I will stay with...
    The difference with all the other mounts though is that they were given as prizes with the fact they would be released later. It was made clear they would be, and the prize ones were just teasers. But then the madness came and mounts that would never be 'released' for cash shop items were indeed put into boutique (Silver,violet,b.raptor) and that destroyed their pride value and there was nothing to work towards anymore. I was willing to play the game and raise the 15-20mil for the silver, but then they were released. When I realized that, I set my goal to the black raptor- and wouldn't you know it, there it was in boutique. Aside from the midnight and nightfall(and chromatic but x-mas is coming), there are no more rare mounts. Sure there are some that aren't in boutique anymore, but they will come back eventually and it's only a matter of time. What I want to work towards is a mount that's lovely, expensive, and extremely exclusive. The goldmane fits that, and if it were to be released... I don't really see any other indulgence I could work towards. o.O
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The difference with all the other mounts though is that they were given as prizes with the fact they would be released later. It was made clear they would be, and the prize ones were just teasers. But then the madness came and mounts that would never be 'released' for cash shop items were indeed put into boutique (Silver,violet,b.raptor) and that destroyed their pride value and there was nothing to work towards anymore. I was willing to play the game and raise the 15-20mil for the silver, but then they were released. When I realized that, I set my goal to the black raptor- and wouldn't you know it, there it was in boutique. Aside from the midnight and nightfall(and chromatic but x-mas is coming), there are no more rare mounts. Sure there are some that aren't in boutique anymore, but they will come back eventually and it's only a matter of time. What I want to work towards is a mount that's lovely, expensive, and extremely exclusive. The goldmane fits that, and if it were to be released... I don't really see any other indulgence I could work towards. o.O

No, the Ninetails came months after, but it would seem every "rare" mount will eventually be in game. Including the GoldMane b:surrender

For you I hope not but here was the Ninetails progression:

Contest --> Eggs (jolly/etc) --> Limited Sale --> Eggs (jolly/etc) --> ?

** Was kinda similar with the Dragon Quest mounts.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Just a guess work on wht the mystery mounts will be ....

Here are the clues! Good luck! (all times listed are Server Time)
    12:00pm - 1:00pm: It wouldn't be a limited edition mount sale without this! This hint is the most vague b:sad Maybe an unreleased mount?
    1:00pm - 2:00pm: Well, it looks nice to me! Bad Panda
    2:00pm - 3:00pm: Hail to the chief! Battlecat
    3:00pm - 4:00pm: That's gonna leave a mark! No clue.
    4:00pm - 5:00pm: How is this not a flying mount?Fish? Although it could be the Christmas Reindeer...Would make sense with Christmas around the corner.

Wht is your guess.

/10characters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • kaboro
    kaboro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I just hope this is not going to be bologna like last weeks "mistery" discount sale which was cut short for misterious reasons.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I also hope it only costs 20$ ;~;
    Knowing PWI I'm thinking it's going to be more like 50$
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No, the Ninetails came months after, but it would seem every "rare" mount will eventually be in game. Including the GoldMane b:surrender

Agreed. If it's rare enough, it'll end up being in the cash shop sooner or later.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The devs make things "rare" and exclusive for a reason. It's actually a very smart business practice.
    The general population does not have access to these items... pop them in the CS for a few days/hours and they see that "they too" can have these rare items that they have been teased with...so they either buy zen or buy gold from the AH (and people who want to make a few coins buy zen and sell through the AH). I'm sure their revenue during these times spike.
    Now these items aren't so exclusive... so they release something else to take its place as the new rarity. And the cycle continues.

Supply vs demand folks. b:surrender

There will never be anything that stays rare and exclusive in this game.. it doesn't make good business sense.
    b:bye
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    pls pls pls pls pls pls let the last be the fishy. I've wanted it since I first saw it on ecatomb.
    b:cry

we need more pink/purple items in this game

Yes, I love the fishy. Too cute! But I think it's going to be the piggy... when pigs fly!
  • shodiaq
    shodiaq Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    how do i get these mounts?
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    shodiaq wrote: »
    how do i get these mounts?

Wait till Sunday, then buy them from the cash shop or another player.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Glyphie - Sanctuary
    Glyphie - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What do you think the prices will be for em?
  • Tamuz - Lost City
    Tamuz - Lost City Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    My guesses are..

12:00pm - 1:00pm: It wouldn't be a limited edition mount sale without this! Purga Lionlord (Goldmane? o,e)
    1:00pm - 2:00pm: Well, it looks nice to me! Neinbeast/Bad Panda
    2:00pm - 3:00pm: Hail to the chief! Battlecat. No doubt
    3:00pm - 4:00pm: That's gonna leave a mark! Hellhount/Boa
    4:00pm - 5:00pm: How is this not a flying mount? The Dragon mount (I saw it in a youtube video. Its a freakin Dragon that flies/floats whatever.)

link ? plz
  • Argyle - Dreamweaver
    Argyle - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Here are the clues! Good luck! (all times listed are Server Time)
    12:00pm - 1:00pm: It wouldn't be a limited edition mount sale without this! ( Goldmane or HellHound )
    1:00pm - 2:00pm: Well, it looks nice to me! ( pig )
    2:00pm - 3:00pm: Hail to the chief! ( BattleCat )
    3:00pm - 4:00pm: That's gonna leave a mark! ( nienbeast )
    4:00pm - 5:00pm: How is this not a flying mount? ( ninetails )
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    not rly gonna bother with the others, but 12-1pm I'd guess would be spur sale. Of course if mounts are going to be introduced they gotta have a way to spur them :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Wolverin_e - Lost City
    Wolverin_e - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1-Ninetails
    2.Bad panda
    3.Chieftain Battlecat
    4.Nien Beast
    5.Bulbfish

Thats my guess:)
  • VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver
    VashtaNerada - Dreamweaver Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Crossing my fingers in the hope that the Hell Hound is one of the mounts...for a good deal too of course.
    - The Gaming Gearhead

My hero:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trufflelove
    trufflelove Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I would think the first one would be Nienbeast, Its really the only mount that's been limited edition so far.

Edit: Darn, ninetails, way wrong.
  • Toxickiss - Heavens Tear
    Toxickiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I would think the first one would be Nienbeast, Its really the only mount that's been limited edition so far.

Edit: Darn, ninetails, way wrong.

I actually disagree. The Ancient Boa has only been in the CS once and that was almost a year ago, I believe. Where as the NienBeast has been in at least twice and it's the mount you see the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I actually disagree. The Ancient Boa has only been in the CS once and that was almost a year ago, I believe. Where as the NienBeast has been in at least twice and it's the mount you see the most.

wrong........... the ancient boa has been in the CS three times b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
    edited November 2009
    Well Bad Panda is first and the Battlecat is second
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Wow I was pretty convinced the chromatic reindeer would be the last one. But it'd be cool if it was the fish. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well Ninetails is first, Bad Panda is second, and Battlecat is third.

Fixed

/10chars
    edited November 2009
    Fixed

/10chars

Uh I had it right the first time thank u! Per Harshland server! Don't Fix what u don't know ty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Uh I had it right the first time thank u! Per Harshland server! Don't Fix what u don't know ty

Alright alright, pull the stick from out your ****, I thought it was the same for all servers.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Alright alright, pull the stick from out your ****, I thought it was the same for all servers.

I'm pretty sure it /is/ the same for all servers...
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009

This.
    facepalm1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009

Oh I wouldn't know for sure, I just like to fix stuff I know nothing about!b:surrender
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Oh I wouldn't know for sure, I just like to fix stuff I know nothing about!b:surrender

Well we were right anyways. Ninetails is first.
This discussion has been closed.