NOTICE: 2x Drops, Experience & Spirit again this weekend!

12346»

Comments

• shodiaq
    shodiaq Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    what does it mean with 2x Drops, Experience & Spirit this weekend? dont understand. dubble exp? and allways 2 drops?
  • Sirria - Sanctuary
    Sirria - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lets say you usually get 200 exp for something you kill.. On the 2x exp days you will get 400. And you will get more drops.
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Meh its not that awesome.... just an "ok" event at best..
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    seem to be having serious lag issues in all dungeons on sanct. at least everybody in the teams i was in were, so i know it wasnt just me. maybe regional, but somebody suggested something like the instances being on overload. idk how other ppls dungeons would affect ours tho.

Each Instance requires the server to generate an entire dungeon. Normal loads would mean maybe 8-10 TT dungeons running at any one time, with the dbl xp dbl drop it means the TT dungeons are running 3-4 times that or more. With the dbl xp/sp/drop event it also means more people are probably in game as well so the server has to also contend with an increased hourly population.

Multiply this with others running more FB, BH ect then you can see that the server is being thrashed with holding massive amounts of data in state for each running instance. While it may not seem a lot, remember that each dungeon is 'holding' a certain amount of ram and swap file placement, reducing the overall ram/swap file normally available to operate and run the game with minimal server side lag.

It adds up.

~Saitada
  • nephillim1992
    nephillim1992 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think PWI should keep the 2xp weekend every weekend because it gives people to buy the ridiculous price of gold. The more gold you sell the more people will go out and buy. That's economics boys and girls. Supply and demand. It is not only useful for making money for in-game and from a business stand point, but it also provides ALL players the drive and ability to grind, do HH runs for their gear, and that in turn would allow our new multi-colored map to have even better TW's.
    So I ask the question...Why don't we just keep it every weekend?
  • Dragounaf - Lost City
    Dragounaf - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think PWI should keep the 2xp weekend every weekend because it gives people to buy the ridiculous price of gold. The more gold you sell the more people will go out and buy. That's economics boys and girls. Supply and demand. It is not only useful for making money for in-game and from a business stand point, but it also provides ALL players the drive and ability to grind, do HH runs for their gear, and that in turn would allow our new multi-colored map to have even better TW's.
    So I ask the question...Why don't we just keep it every weekend?

i think we should have 10xp becuase im a archer and im lvl 22 i havnt
    got reqerment for a lvl 22 and i find its hard to lvl upb:sad
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Its an "ok" event, it gives ppl the love to grind and such, but not every weekend or evenly monthly. Soon peeps willl just get bored or demand a 4x or 10x rate.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Dragounaf - Lost City
    Dragounaf - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It seems like everyone enjoyed this past weekend, so we're bringing it back!

Back by popular demand! This weekend we will be having 2x Drops, Experience & Spirit!

This will run from Friday at 5:00pm until Monday at 11:00am Pacific Standard Time!

Prepare yourself! If you didn't get enough done last weekend or you couldn't make it, here is your opportunity to get in on the action!

Enjoy!b:victory

hi im dragounaf im not being rodiculious but like im a lvl 22 i dont have the reqeriments for lvl 22 thats why i think we should get 10xp every week pls its dissipionted me alot and i feel very heart broken becuase this games very cool and i put alot of efforts in making my charecter strong and good loookingb:chuckleso pls im a bbigg fan of urs to lolb:victory
  • Cryxtal - Sanctuary
    Cryxtal - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    2X event every weekend? Dont ruin the game in every way please. Events arnt meant to be around always. The pioneers in this game worked so much harder to get their lvls and what they want.

The new ppl now can only work with the easy way out.
    Love Is Complicated.
    「愛は複雑だ.」
    Amor es muy complicado.
    《爱是复杂的》

Do not argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience. b:bye
  • _ShOt_ - Lost City
    _ShOt_ - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    hi im dragounaf im not being rodiculious but like im a lvl 22 i dont have the reqeriments for lvl 22 thats why i think we should get 10xp every week pls its dissipionted me alot and i feel very heart broken becuase this games very cool and i put alot of efforts in making my charecter strong and good loookingb:chuckleso pls im a bbigg fan of urs to lolb:victory

You know, if you messed up your character, at lvl22 it's not too late to make another one and give that one a good build, and at level 22 it's neither too late to fix it. ;)

It would really be a bad idea to make every weekend a 2x exp or more weekend, it would have about the same result as what happened with the anni packs: inflation in-game and many people quitting, because it's getting too bad...

~_ShOt_
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic] <----*sigh*... Summer... :\
    "Even on the most beautiful throne in the world you sit with your ****." ~Michel de Montaigne

Every individual music instrument is like a person.
    Every individual music instrument has a different personality
    Every individual music instrument has a different voice.
    Every individual music instrument has a different face.
    Every individual music instrument has a different dialect.
    Every individual music instrument uses different words.
    And the type of music is the language it speaks.
    There is no 'best' type of music instrument, and if you think there is, then you're racist, because it's just like saying there is a 'best' skin-color or nationality.
    Even though bass guitar rules all.

Heheh, I like the way my sig usually takes up more space than my post :3
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    2X event every weekend? Dont ruin the game in every way please. Events arnt meant to be around always. The pioneers in this game worked so much harder to get their lvls and what they want.

The new ppl now can only work with the easy way out.

Thats like whining that you was the first to get a panther and now everyone has one. Or wow 6 months ago you got a prize for an event which was an uber mount that no1 else had and now you QQ because more people have it. Seriously, do you honestly think that just because you was a "pioneer" and did it/got it first that no1 else ever deserves it? What you are also suggesting is that no1 else is working hard for what they are getting.

Even those who are spending real life money on the game generally work hard OFF game for their money. Either way, they are working for it.

Stuff has been and always will be available in the cash shop, that is what makes this game FREE TO PLAY! So what if someone else has an uber weapon other than you, are you saying that you'd rather be able to be the ONLY one with something? Or that you'd like to be able to PWN others forever because after all you are the "pioneer". Seriously, this is a GAME; but if this is how you feel in real life I feel for you. Because eventually someone else is going to have your same car, job, clothes, house and anything else you deem important or worthy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flugal_Rere - Sanctuary
    Flugal_Rere - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why are you doing this before the expansion. If any thing wait til after so that the tideborn can catch up to other classes. Sometimes i feel like im the only one that thinks a little bit. And thanks to anyone who agrees with me. Andby doing this i mean the 2x drop spirit and exp.
    Hey cleric buff, now.b:angry
    What if i don't have buffs?
    Then your a fail.
    Hey cleric rez, now.b:angry
    What if i dont have rez?
    Then your an uber fail.

I was on my archerb:pleased
  • Nifsara - Lost City
    Nifsara - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It would be nice to have see a picture lol b:sad
    This is awesome. :3c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:pleased
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    TO: BratFury : hahaah thank YOU!! u read my mind..... and flugal u have a good point but im still stickin to they should do this MAYBE once a month....but when exp comes out they def should do like a full week or maybe even just 3-4 days of 2x days so that the new classes CAN catch up....but also even tho its a known fact to MOST players the sole purpose of playing is to LVL UP their chars...others play for the fun of it...and dont see the need to "CATCH UP" ;)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why are you doing this before the expansion. If any thing wait til after so that the tideborn can catch up to other classes. Sometimes i feel like im the only one that thinks a little bit. And thanks to anyone who agrees with me. Andby doing this i mean the 2x drop spirit and exp.

There is a new dungeon that's 100+, and higher level content. People want to reach that level BEFORE the expansion so they can take advantage of what's offered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • wisetristan
    wisetristan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    i hope they do this at least every other weekend