NOTICE: 2x Drops, Experience & Spirit again this weekend!

Options

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Most high level veno's Ive seen dont use hercs, they use nix's to aoe grind on the spiders
    Nixes can't really AOE grind. 1, the person would need to get a reflect skill book for it to be useful, only grinding the nix on melee/phys mobs and 2. it doesn't have the kind of hp/pdef/buffs to allow that. I grind up there myself with both my cleric and veno and I never see nixes aoe grind since it's rather pointless.

Then we get into how annoying it is to grind on ground mobs with a nix at all given how often it gets stuck in the ground. I'm pretty skeptical of what you're saying.

Anyhow, the best benefit for nixes in my grinding experience up there are harpy cabals and firebaths. More xp.
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Nixes can't really AOE grind. 1, the person would need to get a reflect skill book for it to be useful, only grinding the nix on melee/phys mobs and 2. it doesn't have the kind of hp/pdef/buffs to allow that. I grind up there myself with both my cleric and veno and I never see nixes aoe grind since it's rather pointless.

Then we get into how annoying it is to grind on ground mobs with a nix at all given how often it gets stuck in the ground. I'm pretty skeptical of what you're saying.

7 times out of 10 if i pass spiders, there is a veno there grinding with a nix, using the "I fly on mount nix attacks land mob trick" (after reading spoons post on flying pets and water mobs not sure if its legal tbh) .... So be skeptical all you want but its true
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    7 times out of 10 if i pass spiders, there is a veno there grinding with a nix, using the "I fly on mount nix attacks land mob trick" (after reading spoons post on flying pets and water mobs not sure if its legal tbh) .... So be skeptical all you want but its true

its not an AOE skill if u have to send pet to each mob and kill the mobs separated,u could do 1 by 1 same way,only reason why venos send pet to each of them is cuz they can keep healing the nix then without spiders poisoning the veno.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its not an AOE skill if u have to send pet to each mob and kill the mobs separated,u could do 1 by 1 same way,only reason why venos send pet to each of them is cuz they can keep healing the nix then without spiders poisoning the veno.

Ermm In the post you quoted I never mentioned AOE, I was answering Janus, that 7 out of 10 Veno's I seen of spiders use nix's lol
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Since spiders use ranged poison attack, they are not affected by the attack thing Spoons was talking about. The reason venos will take the 50% damage penalty to attack a ground mob from the air while using a air pet is because the darn pets tend to get stuck on the ground when used on the ground.
    Most high level veno's Ive seen dont use hercs, they use nix's to aoe grind on the spiders
    Veno grinding on spiders is not the same as veno AOE griding on spiders. (note part in bold)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ermm In the post you quoted I never mentioned AOE, I was answering Janus, that 7 out of 10 Veno's I seen of spiders use nix's lol

''ermm'' u did in previous one,didnt wanted quote more posts but sure if u want to..

only reason i quoted that post is to answer u why venos are attacking more then one mob,but its not aoe grind how u called it in previous post
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ''ermm'' u did in previous one,didnt wanted quote more posts but sure if u want to..

ermm yes but I read both yours and Janus's post's and conceding its not AOE grinding, which is why I changed the word to grinding.

Edit: @ Ice: Be skeptical all you like but yes 90+ Bm.. but also English so sarky, arguementative and a troll.... Read into that what you will :p
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its not really aoe grinding,since u have to send pet to each mob and kill every mob separated..just they like doing it few at once.only aoe skill is parastic nova which got longer channel then any other skill and it costs 2 sparks which venos prefer to save so they can cast soul transfusion or bramble hood if they are close to death.
    also,u forgot again that nix costs over 70mil atm,if ur gonna use petite sawfly u have to do 1 by 1 mob,cuz of low hp and pdef or ur pet wont survive and u just gonna waste pet food.

Noxious Gas is also an AoE skill.

As for "AoE grinding" with a herc or nix, I can sometimes understand it with a herc and reflect. But it's way too easy to take aggro from herc, so the killing speed with a herc may not be as fast as a Veno with a nix (which may be why they may be seen using it as compared to another pet).

I really haven't seen a Veno AoE grind besides the slow herc + reflect method.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Noxious Gas is also an AoE skill.

As for "AoE grinding" with a herc or nix, I can sometimes understand it with a herc and reflect. But it's way too easy to take aggro from herc, so the killing speed with a herc may not be as fast as a Veno with a nix (which may be why they may be seen using it as compared to another pet).

I really haven't seen a Veno AoE grind besides the slow herc + reflect method.

yeah but using noxious 1st we have to send pet to attack each mob or it wont hit them all,only parastic is enough to target one mob and its gonna hit all other mobs around too.
    gm's need to give us more skills b:surrender
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Edit: @ Ice: Be skeptical all you like but yes 90+ Bm.. but also English so sarky, arguementative and a troll.... Read into that what you will :p

I have no problems with that :)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Sirria - Sanctuary
    Sirria - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yesss I loved it the last time!!!! I collected so many dq items and made so much coins!
  • Enzio - Heavens Tear
    Enzio - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    TTs going to be fun again
    Why is the Rum gone? TELL ME NOW OR I WILL EAT YOUb:angry
  • SunnyS - Lost City
    SunnyS - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    OMG YES! Last weekend I ran HH til I got all my mats for 2 sets of HH 90 gears (heavy and arcane). This is an epic WINb:victory. WIIIIIN! Love you guys!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    EpicWin.jpg

Yes~ Time to use me 7 hours worth of DB~!
    b:victory
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gutsman - Sanctuary
    Gutsman - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    O_O holy cheese its! hopefuly this time i can be on and doing TT runs all day! thats if my friends arent already doing that :P. owell! time to get my TT80 gear ready for me!
  • fourthaccount
    fourthaccount Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yay! i might actually get past 62 this weekend!
  • Baragg - Heavens Tear
    Baragg - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Awesome, I went from 42 to 51 this past weekend, and had a blast. Thanks for the repeat.
  • gwynedd
    gwynedd Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Confirmation please that this is happening? There was a GM world chat about 2x xp, but left out the 2x drops and spirit.
  • VirusArcher - Dreamweaver
    VirusArcher - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    O_O holy cheese its! hopefuly this time i can be on and doing TT runs all day! thats if my friends arent already doing that :P. owell! time to get my TT80 gear ready for me!

TT80 Gears suck , noone uses them
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    aww, you guys could save this event for december. (hopeffuly by chirstmas demand we shall have another event :) )

Unfortunally I will miss this one too (dam exams... but I will try to do one TT run this weekend, at least).

But nice having this kind of events, keep the people motivated to play.

Once again thanks for the events
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • LeoJr - Heavens Tear
    LeoJr - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sweetness more drops and money'sb:victoryb:laugh
  • Foxy_Meko - Lost City
    Foxy_Meko - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wooot !! Love U GMs <3<3<3
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:shocked What to do now.... TT runs to get 99 gear or FF to help level, to get to 100 to upgrade 99 gear b:faint...

x2 xp everyweek please, drops less often
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    YES! We are having 2x weekend again! b:victory

I hope the GM's make it permanent!

It would be awesome if that happens! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Wow, something brought back that actually WAS by popular demand. Awesome! b:victory
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Is this 2x EXP or 2x Drops, EXP, and Spirit?

In game announcement merely stated EXP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiralsha - Heavens Tear
    Kiralsha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I look at it this way...IRL people get cost of living raises when prices soar (usually) This is our PWI cost of playing raise since everything more than x4 the amount it use to be.

Kudos guys!

EDIT: Please try not to double the TT bosses this time..2 in a room looks...scarier than it is =P
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It seems like everyone enjoyed this past weekend, so we're bringing it back!

Back by popular demand! This weekend we will be having 2x Drops, Experience & Spirit!

This will run from Friday at 5:00pm until Monday at 11:00am Pacific Standard Time!

Prepare yourself! If you didn't get enough done last weekend or you couldn't make it, here is your opportunity to get in on the action!

Enjoy!b:victory

wil it be only this weekend ;o again or more often
  • Arkana - Dreamweaver
    Arkana - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    b:pleased b:thanks
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    thank you.