NOTICE: 2x Drops, Experience & Spirit again this weekend!

Options

Comments

• /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    But for those that dont use the CS, cheaper TT mats is good for them. So errmmm stop thinking about whats good for you and think whats good for the rest of the players

actually if u think about it again,ur the one whos thinking about ur self only.
    cheap TT mats are good for those who need them for armor..means u need like 5x of each mat,ull need to do one run to make 1 piece of equipment.or buy it once till u dont reach higher lvl,so really paying it little bit more shouldnt be issue for u since its not like ur buying them every day.
    i am not cser,so farming hh was way of making money,so as for alot of others players.eventually if u consider time u spend in there,charms,pots,it wont pay off if mats are too cheap.u would probably earn more just with grinding.
    event is nice i am just saying to not repeat it too much cuz its not good for not csers for a long run
  • Yilataa - Sanctuary
    Yilataa - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Great news GM :) thx a lot.

but please remove these anniversary pack pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssse :).
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    time to glue myself to the computer for another 50+hrs.....

lvl 100 here i come!! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    3 cheers for inflation......

If this continues it will cause far more damage than any sale event ever caused....

double drops is not good for us in the long run.... it would be far better if the GMs did not include double-drops in the bonus and just had the exp/spirit bonus
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

If this continues it will cause far more damage than any sale event ever caused....

double drops is not good for us in the long run.... it would be far better if the GMs did not include double-drops in the bonus and just had the exp/spirit bonus

b:thanks

even drops from normal mobs are fine,but leave the hh mats out of it b:sad
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Faction-wise, this event is great for getting TT gear(like the ever-so-dreaded TT90/99 gear)

Profit-wise, ppl will sell tons of mats at current/higher prices(Aftermath of event could have its conflict)

Fun-wise, Grind grind grindb:dirty

lvl-wise, Spam those FF runsb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Why should we have to filter out world chat? Its a lot of how people buy and sell or trade items. Its not much to ask people to act with a bit of class and integrity.
    It's also full of QQ, drama, etc., so what it should be and what actually is doesn't always equate to what a single person wants it to be. Hence the reason for BL and chat filtering. And yeah, should have more people allowed on it. b:sad
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yesssss another chance to work on my TT90 ! wicked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Depends, might cause inflation of ingame items, but doudt it will increase cost of gold or CS items which oh so many players complain about.
    It might even lower gold prices.

Ie: As a CSer at 200k per gold (old low price) Im not paying some greedy player $50 for 1 overpriced TT mat, So I sell gold for 500k. If that mat drops to half price I can afford to lower what I sell gold or CS items for.
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's also full of QQ, drama, etc., so what it should be and what actually is doesn't always equate to what a single person wants it to be. Hence the reason for BL and chat filtering. And yeah, should have more people allowed on it. b:sad

i love the world chat drama b:chuckle
    especially in lost city b:cute
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Depends, might cause inflation of ingame items, but doudt it will increase cost of gold or CS items which oh so many players complain about.
    It might even lower gold prices.

Ie: As a CSer at 200k per gold (old low price) Im not paying some greedy player $50 for 1 overpriced TT mat, So I sell gold for 500k. If that mat drops to half price I can afford to lower what I sell gold or CS items for.

From last weekend.

mmm I can't find any tiger bikinis for sale... dang gold is still at 500k...
    Oh wait I just made an extra 2 mil griding in one hour, <buys 4 gold>, <buys bikini>. That action helped to keep gold prices high, and it has nothing to do any PW sale, it is just because people had extra disposable income.

As a buyer, I can choose to buy gold at any price I want. (although my choice may not be available). Because I have extra coins from the double-drops (only 1 hour grinding at spiders), I chose to buy the gold at 500k because I did not feel like waiting for one to go on sale on a catshop or AH.

Gold prices are dictated by the gold buyers, not the gold sellers. Therefore, the more coin is put into the game, the more coin gold buyers will have to offer for the gold.

Only mats that are not NPCed (like TT), will go down in price, everything else will go up, since peope will have more coin to buy them. All the other DQ items, gear, etc are also affected, which creates coins fron thin air once people npc the items, therefore increasing the coin in-game.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    this is the first good event i've seen in forever 2x drops are just win

thank you pwi for finnaly makin a event that helps your free players

now can you make 2x drop and exp as "temporary" as the fail packs?b:cute
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Destini - Dreamweaver
    Destini - Dreamweaver Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Well, it looks like I'll be hitting 99 this week. Yippee!

Great event, except TT mat sales are gonna suck for those trying to sell.

On Dreamweaver, for example, dust of devil is roughly 3 mil (went up as high as 7 mil!). I put my sale for lower and it doesn't sell. Considering that this is one of the more valuable mats from the biggest pain in the **** boss in TT (even illusion lord isn't this bad), it's great for those who need an ungodly amount for their TT90 weapons, but if you want to make any money off this dude's drops, it ain't gonna happen.

And since I need at least 60 mil to be content right now, that absolutely sucks. But I'll be doing lots of FC runs this weekend! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Of course I want to make you giggle, but this is serious. b:chuckle

Other Characters:

Ivy_>Psychic>Level 92>Sage>Active
    Serenata>Venomancer>Level 44>Inactive until further notice
    Avocet>Cleric>Level 25>same as above
    Descorian>Blademaster>Level 5> The love child of Destini and Escorian...but I hardly play her...b:surrender

PS: Caffeine Detox sucks!
    edited November 2009
    Options
    From last weekend.

mmm I can't find any tiger bikinis for sale... dang gold is still at 500k...
    Oh wait I just made an extra 2 mil griding in one hour, <buys 4 gold>, <buys bikini>. That action helped to keep gold prices high, and it has nothing to do any PW sale, it is just because people had extra disposable income.

As a buyer, I can choose to buy gold at any price I want. (although my choice may not be available). Because I have extra coins from the double-drops (only 1 hour grinding at spiders), I chose to buy the gold at 500k because I did not feel like waiting for one to go on sale on a catshop or AH.

Gold prices are dictated by the gold buyers, not the gold sellers. Therefore, the more coin is put into the game, the more coin gold buyers will have to offer for the gold.

Only mats that are not NPCed (like TT), will go down in price, everything else will go up, since peope will have more coin to buy them. All the other DQ items, gear, etc are also affected, which creates coins fron thin air once people npc the items, therefore increasing the coin in-game.

What other class can make 2mil per hour other than a veno though ?. TBH best solution x2 drops for everyone else BUT veno's b:chuckle
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its amazing how some people can be Pro-AnniPack and Anti-2xEvent.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    What other class can make 2mil per hour other than a veno though ?. TBH best solution x2 drops for everyone else BUT veno's b:chuckle

Let me list them:
    BMs, Wizards, Clerics, Barbs, and venos.

It all comes down to where you grind. And at higher level, pretty much everyone can make the same grinding than a veno can.

@ Happybunny
    Not surprized at all... have you read the reasons people give that claim to be against the anypacks?
    People like game imbalances when it favours them, even if in the long run they will all be making threads about high gold prices...
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Let me list them:

It all comes down to where you grind. And at higher level, pretty much everyone can make the same grinding than a veno can.

@ Happybunny
    Not surprized at all... have you read the reasons people give that claim to be against the anypacks?
    People like game imbalances when it favours them, even if in the long run they will all be making threads about high gold prices...

Cool so you can show me where a 9X BM can solo aoe grind and make 2mil after charm and repair cost. nice
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Umm just wondering, did anyone grind for like an hour during the event? what was the ratio of drops per hour? I may grind instead of TT lol

(For a barb, is that even wise? lol)

Edit: read IceJazmin's post, can barbs really make 2 mill in an hour? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    What other class can make 2mil per hour other than a veno though ?. TBH best solution x2 drops for everyone else BUT veno's

2mil per hour?its funny how people make assumptions about venos.
    solo mode u can do in 1hr and u dont have to be veno for that.
    squad modes u cant do in 1h,no way,each mob u have to lure kill,lure kill (considering ur doing it alone),if u steal aggro,there goes charm ticks,pots and most important,takes longer then 1h..u know how much hp bosses got i guess,and ur pet is only dd if boss hits too hard so u have to spam healing.
    1-1 u can do in 1hr only b:laugh
    charms are 2-3mil atm,dolls 200k + time u spend in there,so if ur doing it for profit better grind while event,ur probably gonna earn more.
    mats from 1-3 from soulbanisher was 900k b4 event,they dropped to 400k right now and after this next weekend,probably gonna drop even more.
    anyway to the next quote.. b:chuckle
    Well, it looks like I'll be hitting 99 this week. Yippee!

Great event, except TT mat sales are gonna suck for those trying to sell.

On Dreamweaver, for example, dust of devil is roughly 3 mil (went up as high as 7 mil!). I put my sale for lower and it doesn't sell. Considering that this is one of the more valuable mats from the biggest pain in the **** boss in TT (even illusion lord isn't this bad), it's great for those who need an ungodly amount for their TT90 weapons, but if you want to make any money off this dude's drops, it ain't gonna happen.

And since I need at least 60 mil to be content right now, that absolutely sucks. But I'll be doing lots of FC runs this weekend! b:chuckle

3mil for dust of devil?wow
    they were at 600-800k in lost city before the event,now they are 400k.
    maybe the reason is cuz not many people can do that boss. b:surrender
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Let me list them:

@ Happybunny

only reason i said that was to get you to reply to it.
    I had a good feeling you couldnt keep away from it.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Sweetcherry - Dreamweaver
    Sweetcherry - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    yaaaaay 2x exp im so happyb:thanks. thank u very much GMs. last weekend i made a lot of money :Pb:chuckle
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Umm just wondering, did anyone grind for like an hour during the event? what was the ratio of drops per hour? I may grind instead of TT lol

If they squad, but yeah.. not solo. BM's are way faster at AOE grinding than venos, repair costs or not (to refer to whichever post sounded like it were complaining about repair costs or charms/pots). It takes a while for a veno to first hit every monster with herc, then for it to be damaged enough by herc and have enough hate to be able to AOE without pulling them all at you. BM just goes in there and shreds the **** to pieces which is why they are really the fastest at leveling 80+, and this event would most cater to BM's than any other class (even though it's decent for everyone which is why there shouldn't be complaints). If it weren't for the fact that I've invested a lot in my cleric, veno, wiz, and barb, I'd probably have gone bm too.
    edited November 2009
    Options

Here is a couple of highlights:
    Grinding at spiders (I needed glaze...) for one hour
    normal drops - Event drops
    Glaze 4 - 87
    High grade DQ 6 - 47
    Regular DQ - 30 - 80
    Level 9+ gear 2 - 14
    packs/shards/etc - 1 - 14

I usualy can make around 150k-200k at spiders from selling the **** that drops (I usualy decom the gear to feed the genie).
    During the event I made just about 2mil from coins/drops in the same hour.

Solo it may be a tad tough, although for what I was told, hell seems to be also a good place for barbs to kill. The ones I know, don't really solo, they usualy run 2-3 people parties and AOE grind that way. They seem to make pretty similar amounts before repairs, which would put them behind a hundred thousand or so. You may want to give it a try. Find a nice spot and do a one hour times run. It should give you a good idea if it is worth it, however, I would think you would probably make more by tanking TT, since you would have first or second pick on drops.

@Jhaernyl - I will ask the high level BMs in my faction where they grind. I know a couple AOE grind in hell, and they were raving about the insane amount of coint they made during the event. I will ask them where else they AOE grind.

@HappyBunny - I guess I feel honored :) and trapped all at the same time
  • Aelebera - Heavens Tear
    Aelebera - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    exp is nice, 2x drops i love, i can make a few hundred k again at my little level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

I grinded on lvl 96 spiders during the event. About 900k in raw DQ and drops per hour plus 40 or so glaze which I used (I think they could sell for like 13k each).

I wouldn't use GA for PVE during the event considering how quickly you can gain XP and how expensive GAs are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    nice, as long as this doesnt come again, and again, 2nd time is nice ^^

PD: plz dont do it a 3rd time, that would start to get bad
    edited November 2009
    Options
    . It takes a while for a veno to first hit every monster with herc, then for it to be damaged enough by herc and have enough hate to be able to AOE without pulling them all at you..

Most high level veno's Ive seen dont use hercs, they use nix's to aoe grind on the spiders
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If they squad, but yeah.. not solo. BM's are way faster at AOE grinding than venos, repair costs or not (to refer to whichever post sounded like it were complaining about repair costs or charms/pots). It takes a while for a veno to first hit every monster with herc, then for it to be damaged enough by herc and have enough hate to be able to AOE without pulling them all at you. BM just goes in there and shreds the **** to pieces which is why they are really the fastest at leveling 80+, and this event would most cater to BM's than any other class (even though it's decent for everyone which is why there shouldn't be complaints). If it weren't for the fact that I've invested a lot in my cleric, veno, wiz, and barb, I'd probably have gone bm too.

^^

every class got repair bills,not just bm's.veno got less cuz of pet,but seriously,
    why people complaining about venos with herc how we can do hh squad mode and make more money..reroll to veno and save up 70mil+ and u can do it too..its not like we got our legendary pets for free and not everyone are using cash shop.
    bm's can aoe grind with clerics to avoid charm cost,more drops and more exp.b:victory
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Here is a couple of highlights:
    Grinding at spiders (I needed glaze...) for one hour
    normal drops - Event drops
    Glaze 4 - 87
    High grade DQ 6 - 47
    Regular DQ - 30 - 80
    Level 9+ gear 2 - 14
    packs/shards/etc - 1 - 14

I usualy can make around 150k-200k at spiders from selling the **** that drops (I usualy decom the gear to feed the genie).
    During the event I made just about 2mil from coins/drops in the same hour.

Solo it may be a tad tough, although for what I was told, hell seems to be also a good place for barbs to kill. The ones I know, don't really solo, they usualy run 2-3 people parties and AOE grind that way. They seem to make pretty similar amounts before repairs, which would put them behind a hundred thousand or so. You may want to give it a try. Find a nice spot and do a one hour times run. It should give you a good idea if it is worth it, however, I would think you would probably make more by tanking TT, since you would have first or second pick on drops.

hmmmm kk, yea ill try 1 hr grind runs, see if its worth it. Oddly I didnt see zhens at spiders

Side Note: Zhen has diedb:sad
    No one does it now :( or so it seems to me <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Most high level veno's Ive seen dont use hercs, they use nix's to aoe grind on the spiders

its not really aoe grinding,since u have to send pet to each mob and kill every mob separated..just they like doing it few at once.only aoe skill is parastic nova which got longer channel then any other skill and it costs 2 sparks which venos prefer to save so they can cast soul transfusion or bramble hood if they are close to death.
    also,u forgot again that nix costs over 70mil atm,if ur gonna use petite sawfly u have to do 1 by 1 mob,cuz of low hp and pdef or ur pet wont survive and u just gonna waste pet food.