Options
13»

Comments

• Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    to OP:
    Believe it or not players who dont charge zen sell gold in AH and get rich off of it. like someone else mentioned as long as people contiue to buy gold at a certain price people will sell gold gold at that price.
    Tips about gold:
    Dont buy gold on the weekends, usually pwi has an event that will increase demand for gold and raise gold prices.

Buy gold on Tuesady or Wedensday as that when it is usually cheapest. Sell gold on on the weekend. If you buy gold at 400-500k a piece and when an event rolls around that gold is now worth 450-550k, sell your gold and you get a net profit of 50k per gold peice you've bought. N*(selling price-buying price)=Profit. N represents teh number of gold you have purchased. So for example. If you buy 20 gold at 450k and then sell that weekend at 500k the equation would be: 20*(500k-450K)=20*(50k)=1mil. So in that example you would have mad an overall net profit of 1mil coin. To be honest i think there are more people who do this rather than people who charge zen and then sell it. Once the anniversary destruction pack is out of the cash shop and gold prices go down, a number of people will buy gold for maybe an average of 300k and when they bring back xmas packs or w/e new thing to give away nice end game gear. people will sell that gold and make a huge profit. say when those packs come out gold might be 500k again. That means u get a net profit of 200k per gold that u purchased. If u purchased a huge amount of gold b:victory. if u didnt and just used ur gold on random junkb:sad. and there you have it :)
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    to OP:
    Believe it or not players who dont charge zen sell gold in AH and get rich off of it. like someone else mentioned as long as people contiue to buy gold at a certain price people will sell gold gold at that price.
    Tips about gold:
    Dont buy gold on the weekends, usually pwi has an event that will increase demand for gold and raise gold prices.

Buy gold on Tuesady or Wedensday as that when it is usually cheapest. Sell gold on on the weekend. If you buy gold at 400-500k a piece and when an event rolls around that gold is now worth 450-550k, sell your gold and you get a net profit of 50k per gold peice you've bought. N*(selling price-buying price)=Profit. N represents teh number of gold you have purchased. So for example. If you buy 20 gold at 450k and then sell that weekend at 500k the equation would be: 20*(500k-450K)=20*(50k)=1mil. So in that example you would have mad an overall net profit of 1mil coin. To be honest i think there are more people who do this rather than people who charge zen and then sell it. Once the anniversary destruction pack is out of the cash shop and gold prices go down, a number of people will buy gold for maybe an average of 300k and when they bring back xmas packs or w/e new thing to give away nice end game gear. people will sell that gold and make a huge profit. say when those packs come out gold might be 500k again. That means u get a net profit of 200k per gold that u purchased. If u purchased a huge amount of gold b:victory. if u didnt and just used ur gold on random junkb:sad. and there you have it :)

sorry to say but buying gold on wednsdays isnt a good idea -.-
    thats usually after maint and they bring in new stuff that raise the pirce even more(fash,mounts).
    thats around the time to sell gold but not buy.
    then around the weekend u can sell the gold b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Also: I'm no noob, wanna see my high lvl chars? We can arrange a meeting in game if you PM me here. I'd love to PK your **** and teach you to respect a lady.

I would like to meet you high lvl alt... pm me when your on plz.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you buy gold at 400-500k a piece and when an event rolls around that gold is now worth 450-550k, sell your gold and you get a net profit of 50k per gold peice you've bought. N*(selling price-buying price)=Profit. N represents teh number of gold you have purchased. So for example. If you buy 20 gold at 450k and then sell that weekend at 500k the equation would be: 20*(500k-450K)=20*(50k)=1mil. So in that example you would have mad an overall net profit of 1mil coin.
    You're forgetting the 2% transaction fee. 20*.02*450k = 180k when you buy the gold. 20*.02*500k = 200k when you sell the gold. Cutting your profit from 1 mil down to 1 mil - 180k - 200k = 620k.

20*450k = 9 million initial investment. So your profit margin for this scheme is 620k/9 mil = 6.9%. It also carries with it a lot of risk - gold prices could go down instead of up. You buy at 450k, and end up having to sell at 300k when they suddenly remove the anniversary packs unannounced.

It's a lot easier just to buy 20 gold @ 450k, use the gold to buy consumable cash shop items like dragon orbs, and sell those with a 15% markup in price. You make a 13% profit (after the 2% fee), and there's a lot less risk since you're two steps removed from fluctuations in the price of gold.

That said, I did once make 1.5 million in about 30 minutes while combating some folks trying to manipulate the price of gold higher. They kept putting in single coin bids to buy gold which were 25k-50k higher than the next highest bid. I kept buying them out. Eventually they gave up, and I ended up buying back all the gold I spent fighting them at about 100k cheaper than what I'd sold it at during the fight. But it could easily have gone the other way if I'd lost the fight.
  • Hiramekii - Sanctuary
    Hiramekii - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If u really want to help, I would think rather than naively attempting to drop gold prices, just head over to the beginners' gounds and help em out, give them a few coins, I duno, help them with quests?

Help does not have to be monetary if you ask me
  • Hiramekii - Sanctuary
    Hiramekii - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    ok, realised now after reading this thread fully that what I have said above is exactly what zigheart has said...

big fail for a 1st post
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If u really want to help, I would think rather than naively attempting to drop gold prices, just head over to the beginners' gounds and help em out, give them a few coins, I duno, help them with quests?

Help does not have to be monetary if you ask me
    ok, realised now after reading this thread fully that what I have said above is exactly what zigheart has said...

big fail for a 1st post

big fail on teh double post.
    b:shockedb:angry
    lolhat.jpg

jk jk but don't double post please. b:thanks
    (^.^)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lolhat.jpg

jk jk but don't double post please. b:thanks
    (^.^)

LOOOOOOOL!! b:laugh
  • zigheart
    zigheart Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

big fail for a 1st post

hahaha. sirkura was the one who originally came up with the idea. if u want to kno more ask her, she's on during the week a lot.
  • RedBull - Lost City
    RedBull - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Ok so, i have a great idea.

I think you should go on with your origional idea so i can just buy out all of it for like what 50 mil?? if you put in 500 gold LOL b:laugh
    Thats just sad... 500 gold for 50 mil..

I agree with the idea that gold should have a nametag. I would love for people to see that i am selling gold. Also i would love to see who buys my gold for 600k, so i can pm them and tell them that i love them, so they come back..

If the newbies want a mount, they can get a panther for like.. $7.. seriously... im 15 and i bought it way back when it was $10. So just go to gamestop and use your cash if you dont have credit, if you dont have gold AT ALL, then the probability is very high that leveling and playing and buying is going to be hell for you.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    great idea but one problem. aslong as the chest of coins is in nobody would agree to under 200k and since anni month and anni this and anni that and anni left and anni right their probably to greedy to go under 300k at this rate. considering that tokens are 15k+ per that's min of 225k and if gold was that low anni would no longer be a gamble just buy sell tokens and buy another. it would take full server participation and so many greedy people probably wont let that happen. if anni pack and chest of coins are removed then MAYBE just MAYBE it'll go under 200k and that's if the greedy folks selling it for 400-500k a piece don't get ahead of themselves and keep it that way. another would be to reduce charm prices to about 1/4 what they are now (1/2 would just justify people selling them at full value just like plat charm pack not even affecting price of plat charms at all just more gold buyers). the dev's in this game have gotten so conceded that the've ruined the economy. if just the price of charms were affordable i'd consider not quiting (already considering quitting) but even then everything else is still way to high. it's making people start to sell even normal things such as herbs and basic mats for higher on some and lower on others (mostly higher in order to just make the coin they need for something they want which with the current prices i dont blame them but will never be one of them). well it's a great idea but aslong as people are buying at that number then you'd need a significantly large amount of people to buy gold and even then wizzeled chibby and SOcean may offset that (sanctuary talk here) if they decide they want to keep selling them high if i could afford to join i would have no problem with it but i'm not that fortunate. but i do agree the economy needs some major balancing

PS: sry for the long text just getting my point across and sry i posted anni and chest of coins only cause their a partial cause my mistake i didnt reade the NOTE: not to post them sry my mistake. but it was a necessary addition to the whole.
    I don't buy or sell gold via AH.
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If you really decide to do this, pm me when. I wouldnt mind contributing 20 bucks to this cause...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    100k gold day? More nonsense from another bliss ninny.

I will repeat what I've said all along... you have no one to blame but yourselves.

Every time a mindless lemming types in a HIGHER number than the last person on the gold BUYERS list the gold price just went UP.

So blame every single person that pays one coin more for gold for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

CLUE: if people are already buying gold for prize X then why pay price Z when you don't have to?

DUHHHHHHHHHHHH! Seriously what are they teaching kids in school anymore?
  • Legendadry - Harshlands
    Legendadry - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You're forgetting the 2% transaction fee. 20*.02*450k = 180k when you buy the gold. 20*.02*500k = 200k when you sell the gold. Cutting your profit from 1 mil down to 1 mil - 180k - 200k = 620k.

20*450k = 9 million initial investment. So your profit margin for this scheme is 620k/9 mil = 6.9%. It also carries with it a lot of risk - gold prices could go down instead of up. You buy at 450k, and end up having to sell at 300k when they suddenly remove the anniversary packs unannounced.

It's a lot easier just to buy 20 gold @ 450k, use the gold to buy consumable cash shop items like dragon orbs, and sell those with a 15% markup in price. You make a 13% profit (after the 2% fee), and there's a lot less risk since you're two steps removed from fluctuations in the price of gold.

That said, I did once make 1.5 million in about 30 minutes while combating some folks trying to manipulate the price of gold higher. They kept putting in single coin bids to buy gold which were 25k-50k higher than the next highest bid. I kept buying them out. Eventually they gave up, and I ended up buying back all the gold I spent fighting them at about 100k cheaper than what I'd sold it at during the fight. But it could easily have gone the other way if I'd lost the fight.

ur analyzing way to much lol. just sell gold when it's best for u and buy gold when its best for you. buying and reselling gold isnt something thats supposed to be a get rich quick scheme. if anything buying and seeling gold is like a bank. You invest your money in it, and over time it's worth more. if u want money fast go do TT and make 3mil everyday if u want
    I dont level Slow I just enjoy the game b:surrender
  • krelianmage
    krelianmage Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    100k gold day? thats not even worth the try. the result is ovious

some1 will buy it all, will sell it the next minute at 500k, and will have its cash sudenly multiplied by 5
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    100k gold day? thats not even worth the try. the result is ovious

Hope they do try so I can do this

some1 will buy it all, will sell it the next minute at 500k, and will have its cash sudenly multiplied by 5

And I wont be the only one b:victory
  • taeeril1
    taeeril1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    see this is bogus i cant afford anything b/c lets face it im poor b/c the actual economy is so bad noone will hire someone with 4 years of job experience and i am a firm beliver that gold should not cost 500k thats outragous
  • kenreed
    kenreed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Gold sells for what people will pay. If no one buys, the price goes down. Fortunately, you can't stop people from buying gold. Everyone has their own priorities, some may spend hundreds of dollars. That's their right! b:victory
    Jealousy is no reason for anyone to loose their rights. b:surrender
    Unfortunately in r/l the price of gold is staggering. Try using your ideas on the r/l gold market-roflmao.b:chuckle
    This is all due to our failing dollar!b:angry
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    kenreed wrote: »
    Gold sells for what people will pay. If no one buys, the price goes down. Fortunately, you can't stop people from buying gold. Everyone has their own priorities, some may spend hundreds of dollars. That's their right! b:victory
    Jealousy is no reason for anyone to loose their rights. b:surrender
    Unfortunately in r/l the price of gold is staggering. Try using your ideas on the r/l gold market-roflmao.b:chuckle
    This is all due to our failing dollar!b:angry

Just like in a game, when you just create money from thin air, the money looses its value.... Interesting, eh?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.