I have failed

Options

Comments

• ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just hope a cleric doesn't try this on me while I'm tanking mantab:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Clerics are evil b:shocked
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gawker - Harshlands
    Gawker - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hopefully no barbs see this b:shocked
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    *votes to make topic sticky* b:thanks

+1!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Getting very very scared... b:shocked b:surrender
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its just a challenge to myself.

1 tick out of hundreds of ticks possible with one charm is not that bad at all. I would even say it is expected by them in the first place if they use charm. I don't feel bad for barbs in general because of what they get in general. (Free wines, 1st pick in TT and sometimes free charm for them to go gamma or delta)

We get free wine and charms??????

I'd love to see this on HL, people are gonna get so pissed b:chuckle (not me since I'm too poor for charms b:surrender)
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think my days as a cleric is numbered b:shocked
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    omg b:shocked
    i thought clerics were angels b:shocked
  • YuYuu - Dreamweaver
    YuYuu - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    omg b:shocked
    i thought clerics were angels b:shocked

for each sage, there is a demon b:chuckle
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol, funny thread. XD

Deliberately letting a tank's charm tick while making it look unintentional...
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • CrystalPax - Raging Tide
    CrystalPax - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You people are awful...just plain awful...awful hilarious b:laugh.

I'm just starting up a cleric alt and I already have an alt barb 5x so i can see the humor of it.
    Still, as a barb it only pisses me off when my charm keeps on ticking 3 or 4 times cause the cleric is fail. One tick could easily be passed off as lag, accident, or lucky boss hit.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cool story bro
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Romeria - Lost City
    Romeria - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I love this.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol this giving plp ideas when we trying to let their charms tick lets hope they dont remember it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • BKXIX - Heavens Tear
    BKXIX - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you guys really do this??

why?

to get a power kick, real nice
  • Handmaiden - Dreamweaver
    Handmaiden - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you guys really do this??

why?

to get a power kick, real nice

Because some barbs like to think clerics are heal for hire.
    Relent - 8x HA Veno
    Handmaiden - 9x Cleric
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

But...we kinda are. O_O

Squads hire us on to help them complete their goals (BH quests for EXP, TT for mats etc...), and in return we're paid with the completion of our own agendas (those same quests, a cut of the dropped mats).

Not saying that we should allow ourselves to be walked all over, but gotta be willing to bend a bit if you want others to bend for you. X_X
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

That's what u are....

Just like barbs are meatbags for hire...

You're not some fairy princess that deserves special treatment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its just a challenge to myself.

1 tick out of hundreds of ticks possible with one charm is not that bad at all. I would even say it is expected by them in the first place if they use charm. I don't feel bad for barbs in general because of what they get in general. (Free wines, 1st pick in TT and sometimes free charm for them to go gamma or delta)

Wow, I should be on your server.

I wine all my own bh's or give mats/split to winer, do lower level TTs for only mirages, and run charmless...oh and keep my clerics alive at all costs (ask any cleric that's squadded with me.)

Geez there's a great deal of barb hate on this forum-and I got nothing but love for the clerics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow, I should be on your server.

I wine all my own bh's or give mats/split to winer, do lower level TTs for only mirages, and run charmless...oh and keep my clerics alive at all costs (ask any cleric that's squadded with me.)

Geez there's a great deal of barb hate on this forum-and I got nothing but love for the clerics.

I don't feel bad for barb doesn't equate to I hate barbs.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't feel bad for barb doesn't equate to I hate barbs.

I didn't say you hated barbs I said there's a lot of barb hate....big difference there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Narn_Taborin - Dreamweaver
    Narn_Taborin - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There are a lot of bad barbs, but there are also a lot of bad clerics - I've heard many stories from people in my faction (people that I know are good at playing their class) saying that the barb in their squad doesn't seem to know how to hold aggro (i.e. using skills like flesh ream), but I hear just as many (if not more) stories about bad clerics who don't know how to avoid getting heal aggro, or who don't know when to purify, or just simply don't heal the tank even after they've got good aggro and cause multiple charm ticks or even squad wipes. And while I find it amusing that you wanted to try and cause a charm tick, it's really not something I'd suggest trying very often b:pleased
    You might find it hard to get into squads if you do b:chuckle
    Wizard's First Rule:

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Cleric's First Rule:

Those who die through their own stupidity, goes to town. 'Nuff said.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im not saying clerics are angels or anything xD but barbs arent always savers either, like i was in fcc the other they was teaching my other cleric friend so it was a bit of a slow run then we got at that giant looking nix bird barb tanks veno was afk then after a while he goes like my armor is breaking then he says like "guys im going you better get out of here , 15secs later barb gone" one by own i see everyone dying then they all start like yelling run run !! i felt bad leaving everyone behind, i mean if barb wouldnt go off that fast i would of offered money for repairs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Handmaiden - Dreamweaver
    Handmaiden - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    But...we kinda are. O_O

Squads hire us on to help them complete their goals (BH quests for EXP, TT for mats etc...), and in return we're paid with the completion of our own agendas (those same quests, a cut of the dropped mats).

Not saying that we should allow ourselves to be walked all over, but gotta be willing to bend a bit if you want others to bend for you. X_X

Well, I mainly meant we shouldn't be expected to take the amount of **** we do.
    Most classes don't realize how disrespected clerics are these days, everyone seems to think they're allowed to push us around like some sort of child. It gets really old, for me at least.
    Relent - 8x HA Veno
    Handmaiden - 9x Cleric
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    There are a lot of bad barbs, but there are also a lot of bad clerics -

I think the bad barbs outnumber the bad clerics by a great deal. b:chuckle

im not saying clerics are angels or anything xD but barbs arent always savers either,

I completely agree. Gone is the mindset of "Save the cleric, no matter the cost." Where it went, I do not know. But ask any that I have squadded with, I have kept clerics alive above all else. I even took Polearm on a tour of fb69 for 10 minutes, meanwhile being chased by an archer who kept screaming "I need barb buffs, I need barb buffs." [true!]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I completely agree. Gone is the mindset of "Save the cleric, no matter the cost." Where it went, I do not know. But ask any that I have squadded with, I have kept clerics alive above all else. I even took Polearm on a tour of fb69 for 10 minutes, meanwhile being chased by an archer who kept screaming "I need barb buffs, I need barb buffs." [true!]

Wow, how I wished I had the chance to squad with you! XD

I've encountered so many bad barbs and Leeroy Jenkins BMs on bhs and TTs that it's become hard to trust tanks unless I know them well enough. Barbs were often inattentive or two slow when I got aggro, or begging me to heal them when doing so would result in my death by heal aggro. One example was when I solo healed subbed TT1-1 for Wraith's Ploy some time ago. When we were trying to get Soul Banisher, I got aggro from a catacomb archer. Luckily it was a low level TT, so I managed to survive, but I needed so much ironhearting that I couldn't heal anyone else or significantly damage the mob. What's more was that there was a friend of mine lying dead nearby that I needed to revive. I kept yelling in squad chat "GET THE ARCHER! GET THE ARCHER!" Barb, who was DDing the boss, only listened after... 1 or 2 minutes... If I was in a higher TT, I would have been dead a long time ago. b:surrender

So much for paying attention to the cleric...
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wow, how I wished I had the chance to squad with you! XD

I've encountered so many bad barbs and Leeroy Jenkins BMs on bhs and TTs that it's become hard to trust tanks unless I know them well enough. Barbs were often inattentive or two slow when I got aggro, or begging me to heal them when doing so would result in my death by heal aggro. One example was when I solo healed subbed TT1-1 for Wraith's Ploy some time ago. When we were trying to get Soul Banisher, I got aggro from a catacomb archer. Luckily it was a low level TT, so I managed to survive, but I needed so much ironhearting that I couldn't heal anyone else or significantly damage the mob. What's more was that there was a friend of mine lying dead nearby that I needed to revive. I kept yelling in squad chat "GET THE ARCHER! GET THE ARCHER!" Barb, who was DDing the boss, only listened after... 1 or 2 minutes... If I was in a higher TT, I would have been dead a long time ago. b:surrender

So much for paying attention to the cleric...

Been there, gone through that. That's why I have alpha male and I'm not afraid to use it. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • FitHitDShan - Sanctuary
    FitHitDShan - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ...One example was when I solo healed subbed TT1-1 for Wraith's Ploy some time ago. When we were trying to get Soul Banisher, I got aggro from a catacomb archer. Luckily it was a low level TT, so I managed to survive, but I needed so much ironhearting that I couldn't heal anyone else or significantly damage the mob. What's more was that there was a friend of mine lying dead nearby that I needed to revive. I kept yelling in squad chat "GET THE ARCHER! GET THE ARCHER!" Barb, who was DDing the boss, only listened after... 1 or 2 minutes... If I was in a higher TT, I would have been dead a long time ago.

I got a good laugh out of this one. I can just see the barb scratching his head wondering "What's happening to our archer?" or "What is that crazy cleric talking about? We don't have an archer in this party."
    "?" IS my avatar.
  • Brutu - Heavens Tear
    Brutu - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't use charms and don't intend to... But if I was the barb in this situation I would have used invoke and leave the squad and then leave the instance all together... There is a difference between punishing a barb for being a dumbass and simply hating all barbs on the basis of them being barbs.

As far as most barbs being fail, I have met fail barbs and fail clerics(actually I have atleast 1 of each class of my idiot list) and I would say it is not that there are more fail barbs then clerics, just it is easier for a barb to simply not stay on top of things and lose aggro then a cleric to allow the barb to die, not saying the barb's job is harder just saying it requires alot more attention in most situations(bar wtf situations and bad bosses).

But lastly, assuming the barb in your squad is going to be dumb right off the bat is fallacy, I as a barb try my best to keep the cleric, aswell as the rest of the party to a lesser extent alive and only allow somebody to pull aggro and die only if they are intentionally being idiots and trying to pull aggro from me(an example is a bm in the squad once that would always go after the obvious wrong mob instead of assist attacking in one of my bh51s).
  • pand0ra
    pand0ra Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So, on the other day, I tried to let the tank's charm to tick.b:thanks Sad thing is, he realised it too early and so, he invoked to prevent charm ticks.b:surrender Anyone has any suggestion to let charm ticks without being too obvious? b:sad

So was this thread made to reply to this one ? Link >> I have succeeded b:chuckle
    you have been discovered !