100k Gold Day.

Options

Comments

• ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear
    ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    oh god wher to start...

first of all, your endangering yourself by openly mentioning your playing on a private server. Think before you type.

2nd, lvl caps CAN rise but guess what. Other versions of PW took 2-3years to reach lv105. PWI can raise the lv cap for us to hell a special international only 200! and release Anniversary-EX packs! with warsoul and further endgame items equiptable at lv 150!

Only noobs are dumb enough to buy if they did their research about exp needed.

Right now as lvl 101 i need 267,816,000 exp to lvl
    102>103 needs 535,632,000
    103>104 needs 1,339,080,000
    104>105 a whopping 1,750,000,000

if they raised the cap to 150 just like the china version, do you want to guess the exp we need?

*drools* Delicious. Yeah it takes a helluvalong time but hey! Some of us have that in spades! Gives us other better things to look forward to. b:pleased

Also- where does it say in ToS that it is illegal to play another privately funded, privately owned version of this game?

O.o I haven't said I made it, I haven't given up who they are.. Yeah they might be committing copyright infringement by hosting it but it's free also.... Which means it's non profit for public use which .. I could easily be wrong here... but I think it's legal. But I see that a lot.. people are like "ooh, don't say that, you'll get in trouble" and I can't see where it says that in the ToS...

Looking at it again it would be under the License section, but I may just be unable to comprehend the jargon, because I don't see it there.

Also- IDaun, the highlighted quote you reposted was a joke. Did you miss it?
    And if you read the thread you'd notice we already went over several reasons why it wouldn't work. Now I'm just rallying for other ideas, lol.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Dude, where were you on the day they passed out ears/eyes? This isn't a QQ thread. This is an IDEA thread. Get some IDEAS how to help people get what they need. So will you please stfu?

People like you who think they know everything are really annoying to those of us who do.

Neither did I say anywhere this game was gonna die. I said I want to help lower lvls get what they need like charms and fash and fun stuff.

So Mr. "Everythings fine and I'm gonna be nasty at you because I can." Get off my thread!

I do not claim to know everything. Never did.

Please look at who that post was quoting - then you might know who I was talking to. =0 Because I know I wasn't directing that post at you. ^^ Thanks for your time and co-operation in checking that.

Edit- Also, just to say, arrogant much?
    Once again, I never claimed to know everything, and I wasn't acting like it either. I was making statements - and hell the post you quoted wasn't even directed at you.
    However, I am sure you don't know everything either. Don't be like the pot calling the kettle black, that's unfair. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Also- Where Does It Say In Tos That It Is Illegal To Play Another Privately Funded, Privately Owned Version Of This Game?

O.o I Haven't Said I Made It, I Haven't Given Up Who They Are.. Yeah They Might Be Committing Copyright Infringement By Hosting It But It's Free Also.... Which Means It's Non Profit For Public Use Which .. I Could Easily Be Wrong Here... But I Think It's Legal. But I See That A Lot.. People Are Like "ooh, Don't Say That, You'll Get In Trouble" And I Can't See Where It Says That In The Tos...

Looking At It Again It Would Be Under The License Section, But I May Just Be Unable To Comprehend The Jargon, Because I Don't See It There.
    spoooonnnnnsssssss :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    who reads long **** replies and post? keep it simple noobs
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    who reads long **** replies and post? keep it simple noobs

+1 for the terribly constructive, helpful insight we have all just been given.

We need to learn from this guy. ;D
    /sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lmfao!

And yeah! Call spoons! Once and for all can you answer in plain english if it is WRONG for PLAYERS to play privately owned and operated versions of this game, that are non-profit?

Plzktnx. I tried reading the legal jargon on the ToS and I went crosseyed. I don't think it tells players not to. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its already been reached just not on PWI. If they change the exp>lvl ratio that would cause mas chaos for many MANY reasons...

If they changed it before lvl 100 then sure it would cause mass QQ, but they would only need to change it post 100, or introduce quests for 100+ that gave worthwhile xp.

And yeah! Call spoons! Once and for all can you answer in plain english if it is WRONG for PLAYERS to play privately owned and operated versions of this game, that are non-profit?

Even if its non-profit then its still illegal since they have broken the copyright and stolen the game for personal use.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    nuuu don't do that! that means Deceptipoo will be like many many lebels above meeee b:cry
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If they changed it before lvl 100 then sure it would cause mass QQ, but they would only need to change it post 100, or introduce quests for 100+ that gave worthwhile xp.
    thhaaattt would be understandable
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Afk for laundry- I hope Spoons will actually respond. It's a need - to - know dealio. Back in 5.

No being mean on my threads! :P
    Be nice to each other while I'm gone and you all get cookies. A gold star to anyone who comes up with a good economy-boosting idea before I return.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    lmfao!

Plzktnx. I tried reading the legal jargon on the ToS and I went crosseyed. I don't think it tells players not to. Correct me if I am wrong.

about private servers
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=501942&highlight=private+server

live and learn dude
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    its already been reached just not on PWI. If they change the exp>lvl ratio that would cause mas chaos for many MANY reasons...

agreed.
    not fair for the people who already got to their level using the old ratios.
    me would be happy though lols me gear sucks anyways.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    If they raise the level cap I am sure they would either change the xp table or introduce radical new ways to gain XP.

While technically the level cap is 105 there really isnt anything in the way of content from 101-105. You may consider it an accomplishment to hit 102 but there is nothing the game does to reward you for it other than 5 more attribute points.

If the level cap is raised to 120 or so, changing the XP table to be more in line with the natural curve from lvl 1-100 makes alot of sense. If you think that is unfair to all the people who worked hard for lvl 101, consider what PWI did to all the people that worked hard for lunar weapons and wings a couple months ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    level stones in the cash shop? *cheeky grin*
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited November 2009
    Options
    level stones in the cash shop? *cheeky grin*

b:shocked I don't even know what I would do. o.o; how much would they cost? Lol.
  • zigheart
    zigheart Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    this seems pretty close to what a friend of mine wants to do. she heads to the starter areas and gives coins to noobs to help get them stuff at the auction house. overall she tries to help new people get good stuff as well as level up.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Our market sucks right now, right?
    We're very lucky to have a game that gives us the option of buying Cash Shop money with in game gold. That is a stroke of pure win imho. It is why I liked the game from the start, and even through this debauchery still do.

500k is just too much for gold. Charms make this game a million bagillion times better. Right now they are very hard to afford for low lvls trying to get higher.

I propose this:
    Anyone who can afford it, who likes this game enough, sign up with me to help the game out. We can organize days where 1 day a month we all put in 10 dollars worth of Cash Shop money in the Gold AH at 100k.

If 100 people per server were able to do this with me, I almost guarantee it would take less than a month to drop the prices back to 100k. I would be willing to do it once a month on each server, if I have enough help to make a difference.

Are you willing to take a small loss to save the game?
    I am. Gold is not worth 500k. It's worth 100k. Nothing will change my mind.

(NOTE: Do not post ANYTHING about Anni Packs here. There is a topic FOR that. This is about something else. Stick to the topic.)

charms arent even needed at all until you are at least able to start rebirth. And then only for rebirth are they even necessary. Normal questing/ grinding can be done without ever using a charm until lv70+.Gold price is set by the people who buy it with real money and what they decide to sell it at.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    We're very lucky to have a game that gives us the option of buying Cash Shop money with in game gold. That is a stroke of pure win imho. It is why I liked the game from the start, and even through this debauchery still do.

500k is just too much for gold. Charms make this game a million bagillion times better. Right now they are very hard to afford for low lvls trying to get higher.

I propose this:
    Anyone who can afford it, who likes this game enough, sign up with me to help the game out. We can organize days where 1 day a month we all put in 10 dollars worth of Cash Shop money in the Gold AH at 100k.

If 100 people per server were able to do this with me, I almost guarantee it would take less than a month to drop the prices back to 100k. I would be willing to do it once a month on each server, if I have enough help to make a difference.

(NOTE: Do not post ANYTHING about Anni Packs here. There is a topic FOR that. This is about something else. Stick to the topic.)

Sorry hun, but your imaginary in-game currency isn't worth... well isn't worth anything quite frankly. You and I are fortunate that people who have money actually choose to use said moneys on this game thereby allowing us to get cash shop things like charms and what-not.

Y'all should stop trying to demand more real-world money for your imaginary digital coins. b:bye

/2cents <~ more than most complainers have spent on this game? b:question
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    weirdness O_O
  • HeavenIy - Heavens Tear
    HeavenIy - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    very naive idea...its a honestly nice idea, but its naive.

I'd have to agree with Decepti here; this is exactly how I feel too. It's not that I think you're stupid or dumb for thinking of this; I would be incredibly surprised if you managed to get this to happen
    edited November 2009
    Options
    zigheart wrote: »
    this seems pretty close to what a friend of mine wants to do. she heads to the starter areas and gives coins to noobs to help get them stuff at the auction house. overall she tries to help new people get good stuff as well as level up.

zmoogles? is she this "santa" person me has heard about? b:beg
    Sorry hun, but your imaginary in-game currency isn't worth... well isn't worth anything quite frankly. You and I are fortunate that people who have money actually choose to use said moneys on this game thereby allowing us to get cash shop things like charms and what-not.

Y'all should stop trying to demand more real-world money for your imaginary digital coins. b:bye

/2cents <~ more than most complainers have spent on this game? b:question

lols true...me also wonder how people can even say gold in game can cost too much....imaginary currency...
    it's like saying food cost too much air....b:shocked
    (except air is real...me hope.)
    xD

Also, HeavenIy don't be so mean.
    =(
    she just trying to help out the non cash shoppers of this game. (although this isn't the kind of help they need...)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elieli
    elieli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Excuse me all you real world millionaires out there.... But could somebody explain to me how much real money is enough money to spend on a game. $50, $75, $500, $2000. How much?

Really... people the whole point of a game is to play the game. Not to spend your life savings to be able to buy the latest greatest whatever or mats required for leveling manufacturing skills. And if a player needs to spend 1Meg gold coins for 50 leather. Excuse me... that's too much. And you guys paying 500k. Well of course you're entitled to buy at this price but all things considered, and with all due respect, you spoil the game for a lot of people.

I've spent real money on the game $75 is more than reasonable.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    elieli wrote: »
    Excuse me all you real world millionaires out there.... But could somebody explain to me how much real money is enough money to spend on a game. $50, $75, $500, $2000. How much?

My 'entertainment' expenses for this week (starting on Sunday):
    ~$22 movie tickets (Christmas Carol in 3D was AWESOME!!!!)
    ~$4.87 her pleasures
    ~$50 for my King's ticket tonight (woot we beat Oaklahoma Thunder lol... first King's game I've been to & seen them win)
    ~$15 hot dog and beer at said King's game
    and probably something like $40 at the lounge on friday

Most my buddies are spending something like this on weekly entertainment stuff, and anytime I budget for it I can easily divert some of my funds into any entertainment I choose. There isn't a set price for this game; $0 worked for me up until a few weeks ago, $1000's of dollars is what does it for others (I'd rather spend $5 bucks on trojans & save the rest, but to each his/her own right?).
    edited November 2009
    Options
    elieli wrote: »

Really... people the whole point of a game is to play the game. Not to spend your life savings to be able to buy the latest greatest whatever or mats required for leveling manufacturing skills. And if a player needs to spend 1Meg gold coins for 50 leather. Excuse me... that's too much. And you guys paying 500k. Well of course you're entitled to buy at this price but all things considered, and with all due respect, you spoil the game for a lot of people.

I've spent real money on the game $75 is more than reasonable.

Me has spent $0 on the game and me am sure me be better off in game then you is. b:chuckle since me "pay" with time, knowledge, and noob power ^(o.o)^ instead of actual money.
    *ahem testing...one...two...three*
    In my own personal opinion....me would honestly say $15 to $20. I feel we shouldn't have to pay to have fun. After all it's just a game. However, to make such a game people had to work in order to create such a game as this; not to mention the maintenance fees associated with keeping said game running. That being said, although it's quite expensive when you add up the costs to get such a game started and to keep it running. By the very nature of the type of game this is. (MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER online role playing game) if they are able to succeed in getting 1 million players (which is a reasonable number.) who all pay to add up to an average of $15-$20 per person per year then that should be more then enough to compensate their cost. b:victory
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OhhhNasty - Heavens Tear
    OhhhNasty - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Honestly you're lvl 47.... I just made this toon and im at 45 in 3 days. My main made it to 80 in 3 months... You arent sacrificing much to quit now and get on some other game.

you have no life, just wanted to point that out, thanks.
    edited November 2009
    Options
    you have no life, just wanted to point that out, thanks.

possible but...
    nah he's probably just playing smart.
    I've gotten to 70 in 3 months.
    30 is like 3-7 days of playing casually.
    b:chuckle
    <---used to play a lot of games when me was younger. So me developed a nice system.
    Final Fantasy, LoZ, Mario....actually nearly any game from 5-15 years ago me has probably played it.
    o.o'
    can't play as much now as me used to but the experience still rolls over to newer games. (actually experience gets more useful over time...seems like games are getting easier and easier.) X_x'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shintera - Sanctuary
    Shintera - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

I propose this:

great idea but one problem. aslong as the chest of coins is in nobody would agree to under 200k and since anni month and anni this and anni that and anni left and anni right their probably to greedy to go under 300k at this rate. considering that tokens are 15k+ per that's min of 225k and if gold was that low anni would no longer be a gamble just buy sell tokens and buy another. it would take full server participation and so many greedy people probably wont let that happen. if anni pack and chest of coins are removed then MAYBE just MAYBE it'll go under 200k and that's if the greedy folks selling it for 400-500k a piece don't get ahead of themselves and keep it that way. another would be to reduce charm prices to about 1/4 what they are now (1/2 would just justify people selling them at full value just like plat charm pack not even affecting price of plat charms at all just more gold buyers). the dev's in this game have gotten so conceded that the've ruined the economy. if just the price of charms were affordable i'd consider not quiting (already considering quitting) but even then everything else is still way to high. it's making people start to sell even normal things such as herbs and basic mats for higher on some and lower on others (mostly higher in order to just make the coin they need for something they want which with the current prices i dont blame them but will never be one of them). well it's a great idea but aslong as people are buying at that number then you'd need a significantly large amount of people to buy gold and even then wizzeled chibby and SOcean may offset that (sanctuary talk here) if they decide they want to keep selling them high if i could afford to join i would have no problem with it but i'm not that fortunate. but i do agree the economy needs some major balancing

PS: sry for the long text just getting my point across and sry i posted anni and chest of coins only cause their a partial cause my mistake i didnt reade the NOTE: not to post them sry my mistake. but it was a necessary addition to the whole.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

~$15 hot dog and beer at said King's game

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • TabbyKitty - Dreamweaver
    TabbyKitty - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    honestly no1 is making any1 buy the gold. i do admit gold prices do seem a bit high but as it is nothing any1 can truely do about it. the ones buying the gold with rl money is the one that control the market thus prices changes by their whim. only true ppl who have a problem with the prices are those who believe that they should have to do the bare miminum work and still be able to buy gold for low prices. heck i remeber when dreameweaver first opened gold prices were actually hovering around 90k-120k per and even then ppl were QQ'ing about it. so honestly this is a nice idea with good intention however there is no way possible to do it because of the fact that the rl cash spenders work hard in the real world to make the money for gold thus its up to them the prices that it should be sold at and if others dont like it well too bad there are hundreds of other MMO's out there u can play that are free to play. however dont be surprised if u run into the same problem there cause most MMO's ive seen have a cash shop option and cash shop currency trading system that players can buy with in-game coin. anyways ive typed much longer then ive intended and i apologize for those who read this whole thing. until next time..........FOR AUIR
    Meh toons:
    cookieninja-BM-sanctuary-retired
    cookieninja-BM-dreamweaver-Storage
    TabbyKitty-Venomancer-Dreamweaver-main
    IHealYou-Cleric-Dreamweaver-main alt
    Tricannon-Archer-Dreamweaver-alt when bored out of my mind
  • Luen - Dreamweaver_1345639169
    Luen - Dreamweaver_1345639169 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The bad thing with this idea it's that there will be people who will buy it and resell it more expensive.

But the Santa idea it's also good. Instead of selling the cheap Gold at the AH, just sell it directly to the people who needs it. Buying the cash item s/he wants and selling it to him/her for the amount of coins.

More than for get a Mount or Fashion, for things like Charms or such, items that will help more on things like Fb/Bh, Bosses or such. Not only the one who get the cheap Gold, but the ones who he/she helps with the Charms, for example.

Things like that.

Te main problem it's only getting a way to find the ones who need the help and the ones who don't really need it, or evil lowby alts, or that.

For stuff like Fashion or such [that aren't a main 'must have'], my strategy it's to get the stuff you want when new stuff comes up. It's cheaper that way. Maybe not the exact colors you want, maybe now you want the new fashion, but something it's something. It's just being patient.

That way I got my Fashion and Mount at a 'cheap' price [considering actual Gold prices]
    Building one...

P.S. for posts: Sorry for my bad english... >.<