Question to gms

Sinangel - Sanctuary
Sinangel - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
I'm not sure if this has been posted or not but I figured I might as well ask it.
The only server which comes close to map dominance by a single faction is sanctuary. What happens if that faction happens to take over all the territories? No where in the territory guide does it have anything about what happens if a single faction controls everything.
The three projected possibilities are

1. Map reset, entire map is reset
2. The guild is broken up after rewarding each member with something to recognize them as controlling the map
3. nothing happens, the guild farms tw pay week after week until the entire server gives up and moves over leaving 200 people to play in 1 server....

So I'm wondering what is the actual reward,punishment, or result of taking over the map and holding it for an unlimited amount of time
Post edited by Sinangel - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The only server which comes close to map dominance by a single faction is sanctuary.

I'm not one to nitpick normally, but LC is closer to that than us on Sanc.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=507262

From what I understand, option #3 is what happens.

Personally, I'd still like to see all TW's happen at the exact same time on a server. That way a faction could hold no more land than it could defend at once.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm going with 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    3 as well

hai maib:bye
  • Sinangel - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    in that case then it's a matter of time until this game dies in level of interest lol. Since there is what you call an "end game" Once a single guild controls an 500 some odd mil per week edge over any other guild, then the advantage in gear, charms becomes compounded weekly. How the hell do you stop a guild when the all the competition can be killed off in 6 minutes? No, I'm acutally hoping that pwi will have some kind of loop or something to keep interest otherwise sanctuary and lost city will die in terms of players. Tw is the big PvP and if you take that out, there is very little fun end game content.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The expansion will bring new lands.

PS --> You can stop these guilds. Just need to be organized, have numbers and decent levels. Or try a 2 way attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Sinangel - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    but that won't change anything, all it means is more cash for said uber guild. And a even bigger competitive edge in comparison to the other guilds. If you want to think about it, it's at least 1.5m in sunk cost per tw to a guild. Not to mention cat scrolls, charms, repairs, pet food. Who can sustain that kind of money drain with gold at 500k a pop? How many none tw funded factions can continuously fund 2m charms?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The expansion will bring new lands to conquer, but no territory reset is currently planned.
  • Sinangel - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    okay that answers the question that expansion=no reset but what about when a guild takes the current map, and the new map?
  • Axel - Harshlands
    Axel - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Didn't Warlord or whatever the hell they were called control one of the MY-EN server maps in it's entirety? Either way, I don't think it will be long until we find out what happens, though I expect #3.

On a side note, does any server other then HT have a multicolored map?
    For some reason, I post more now then I did when I actually played this game...does that make me a troll?
    *Waiting on Tideborn*
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    okay that answers the question that expansion=no reset but what about when a guild takes the current map, and the new map?

pull up our pants and make a stand is preferable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinangel - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    yes but lost city isn't stepping up. I don't think they'll take that last land this week unless they are sure that something fun happens. Otherwise that 1 guild basically controls the server until they are bored. That with anniversary sales and the gold thing to make every uber thing easy to get with money is going to make the "shall not be named 4 lettered game" more and more enticingb:surrender
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The expansion will bring new lands to conquer, but no territory reset is currently planned.

>>>Implying a Territory reset is a possibility in the future

WOW!!!

Let the faction who dominates all the lands have a guild logo then reset the maps lulz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Karst - Dreamweaver
    Karst - Dreamweaver Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2009

They can't do something like that.
    TW resets should be implemented based on a time interval, not by full map taken. Otherwise a faction could just decide to hold the whole map, except for 1 land.
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Its option 3 (since the owners of the game dont enforce their own TW rule)

And dont forget faction getting 500mil a week can pretty much control the gold prices on the server.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited November 2009
    >>>Implying a Territory reset is a possibility in the future

WOW!!!

Let the faction who dominates all the lands have a guild logo then reset the maps lulz.

Don't read into my words too much, because you can't hold me to stuff that you imagine based on them. b:chuckle
  • Sinangel - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    harsh spoon..harsh...well what's the offical response or should we just go find out in lost city and sanctuary?
  • eatwithspoons
    edited November 2009
    harsh spoon..harsh...well what's the offical response or should we just go find out in lost city and sanctuary?

I already gave you the official response b:chuckle
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I already gave you the official response b:chuckle

Game, set, and match, good sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Don't read into my words too much, because you can't hold me to stuff that you imagine based on them. b:chuckle

I can try :D

4100_image.jpg

I'm just playing, but your words have inspired me to not give up on my server just yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited November 2009

See below -->
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Nah, just have wraith resurgence events implemented. Have random wraith raids on TW lands. No set schedules, just random attacks. Wraith comes, no one defends or the defenders were caught off guard = land reset. The more land you hold, the higher and more frequent the chances for wraith resurgence.(Even simultaneous attacks on multiple lands) How's that? It would fit with the storyline and be a nice coin sink too if the raids give no drops, just exp/sp.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    Nah, just have wraith resurgence events implemented. Have random wraith raids on TW lands. No set schedules, just random attacks. Wraith comes, no one defends or the defenders were caught off guard = land reset. The more land you hold, the higher and more frequent the chances for wraith resurgence.(Even simultaneous attacks on multiple lands) How's that? It would fit with the storyline and be a nice coin sink too if the raids give no drops, just exp/sp.

Or they could just reset the map instead of having to implement that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2009

And cap the lands... not how many lands you can own, but how many lands you get income off. Then a Faction would have to take and hold the lands with their own resources, and if they cant do it... to bad
  • hallsvaporaction
    hallsvaporaction Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Resetting the map without rewards seems like a harsh penalty on a successful guild. Okay, you've won the war, now you lose everything b:sad

Wouldn't it be better to make holding on to vast lands more challenging instead? Yeah, it has the same end goals as a simple reset, but the process creates a different experience no? Now, the guild will try harder to hold on to the lands instead of feeling doomed about the impending reset.
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    A better Solution would be to reset the map every year and reward the factions with the most lands with a guild logo/tag (example) or something else. Perhaps a year is too long since most people will be unsure if they will still be playing that long. Really its up to the devs on how long we play. Anyway have a set date in which the map resets and have a reward for the land holding factions. Its better to have a set date so people won't be b****ing for a reset, instead they will wait for the set day.

I'm not sure what I just typed. b:lipcurl

EDIT: ("B" word)ing is not censored lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear
    ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    b:laugh What really happens is this: Players get fed up with the tyranny and figure out a way to destroy their oppressor. They organize coos where every weekend the WHOLE of the map is bombarded, TWs on Every land.

They also send malicious reports about your guild leader, trying to get them banned. They also spam them constantly with hate mail and malicious whispers. Either by banning or annoyance, the guild leader will be forced out of game.

If it works, guild dissension is imminent. Certain people who think they have the right to lead, or thirst for power, will stand up and try to break up the guild from within. Then these fissures usually wait a week or two and break up the rest of the map into several colors, wherin it becomes easier for little guilds to sneak onto the map during the power guild fights.

....and we'll call that option 4.
  • ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear
    ToyKitteh - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    There is no need to implement a new system. If it remains unfair for too long, this company is known to reset the map. Don't worry too much, they can't afford to lose their players. But they CAN reward the strong.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009

O.o' *tries to figure out what teh secret message spoons put in*
    ow me brain. *faints*
    b:chuckle

also don't be unfair. (>.<)
    CQ worked hard to get their land.
    It's unfair to have a TW reset faster then planned (if there ever is going to be a reset) just because one faction controls the entire place. (they worked for it lols so they should get rewarded.)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009

LOL. you do know that any top guilds can send 10 people and win against a level 3 land right?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    also don't be unfair. (>.<)
    CQ worked hard to get their land.
    It's unfair to have a TW reset faster then planned (if there ever is going to be a reset) just because one faction controls the entire place. (they worked for it lols so they should get rewarded.)

Well I dunno about CQ but Nefarious is more or less a faction of High Levels who left their original faction to join the current strongest faction whom was nefarious. That pretty much explains why all the other factions are lacking high levels and Nef is so OP. Its not our servers fault but rather the greed of those paticular people. Is it wrong for them to what they did? not so much, but it is the reason for a lot of the stress in pw and obviously why the tw maps are the way they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]