Lost City map

Options
SickTwist - Lost City
SickTwist - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
i'm willing to bet no other server's map looks like this.
[IMG][/img]2009-11-0919-07-29.jpg

Post edited by SickTwist - Lost City on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=2896662&imageID=52160837

Image is not linking.... so I cannot comment on your bet
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

I hope red is your favourite color....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sigh...that's us....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    This weekend it will be completely red b:chuckle

And then CQ should go non-carebear and be RPK b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thestalos - Lost City
    Thestalos - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    the maps look different from server to server? meh all my chars are on lost city oh well...... hey what does it mean lost city (pvp)west at the login screen btw. i know the pvp part just not west? (if that last bit is hijacking let me know and I will edit it out with my apologies)b:shocked
    When life hands you lemons make orange juice,
    and then sit back and let everyone else wonder how you did it. b:victory
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    <---
    me am the orange in the middle.
    b:chuckle

no way it going to turn red now.
    xD
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Maybe if the TW rules were implemented properly............ =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aggramar - Lost City
    Aggramar - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Sigh...that's us....b:surrender

I actually find it funny, when I look at it I laugh. By the way, I love the signature.

P.S. I'm totally a ****.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=99848021&albumID=2896662&imageID=52160837

Sanctuary is pretty close.

Same color too. b:surrender
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's funny how people on pk servers brag about how much pvp experience they have yet Conqueror(has to be red :p) managed to take the whole map yet in HT server its always been quite colorful.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's funny how people on pk servers brag about how much pvp experience they have yet one Conqueror(has to be red :p) managed to take the whole map yet in HT server its always been quite colorful.

Probably because a lot of our PvP experience isn't limited to TWs, like bluenames on PvE servers. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Aggramar - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's funny how people on pk servers brag about how much pvp experience they have yet Conqueror(has to be red :p) managed to take the whole map yet in HT server its always been quite colorful.

How much PvP experience do we have or not have, does not have much relevance to the Territory War map state.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I predict the unstoppable Calamity will own the whole map in 10 weeks on DW too. They were the first to win a territory and haven't lost one yet.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Probably because a lot of our PvP experience isn't limited to TWs, like bluenames on PvE servers. b:surrender

You mean having the faction start a KoS on yours if you dare even bid on them? Things like that make optional pk servers much better than mandatory ones. TWs are fun.
    How much PvP experience do we have or not have, does not have much relevance to the Territory War map state.

Oh but it does. If you were as good at pvp as you claim to be, the map should be more colorful than HT's. You'd be good enough to PREVENT a map take over from ever happening.
    Main characters
  • Aggramar - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You mean having the faction start a KoS on yours if you dare even bid on them? Things like that make optional pk servers much better than mandatory ones. TWs are fun.

Oh but it does. If you were as good at pvp as you claim to be, the map should be more colorful than HT's.

Not really, as for now I'm having a blast PvP'ing with a friend in a small faction he made with another friend, and hardly anyone else assisting us. Why? Because I don't care for the map, just PvP out of it.

And in response to your first statement, Conqueror doesn't KoS people that attack them in Territory War. In fact, they have only KoS'ed one guild so far in their whole existence.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

I wasn't referring to the map at all, I was talking about how it WASN'T limited to just TWs if you read correctly. b:surrender There's a lot more world PvP in a PvP server than a PvE server, simply because everyone can kill, and eventually they most likely will kill others as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I wasn't referring to the map at all, I was talking about how it WASN'T limited to just TWs if you read correctly. b:surrender There's a lot more world PvP in a PvP server than a PvE server, simply because everyone can kill, and eventually they most likely will kill others as well.

Yes its not limited to just TW meaning if you dare bid on the big faction that owns the land they will grief your faction until every member quits the game. I'm told that happens on a certain other version of PW many of us came from.
    Main characters
  • DTK - Dreamweaver
    DTK - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Weird how red seems to be the dominant colour on every single server except HT...the one server with colous.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Weird how red seems to be the dominant colour on every single server except HT...the one server with colous.

Do we even have red on the map right now? I'm not in the game to look.
    Main characters
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    What they mean is in general, alot of pvp servers brag of how good they pvp and belittle pve, yet the map is taken over by just 1 faction.(And 'in general' i mean by the past forum posts i seen in the year.) They assumed that if they were that good, then the color of the map would reflect how challenging the server was. Either that or only Conquerer actually cares a shat about TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Yes its not limited to just TW meaning if you dare bid on the big faction that owns the land they will grief your faction until every member quits the game. I'm told that happens on a certain other version of PW many of us came from.

No, not limited to TW meaning COMPLETELY separate. Not regarding factions bidding on TW lands, not regarding TW KoSes. A player killing another player, regardless of TW.

Can you not comprehend PvP without the TW tag on it or something? b:surrender You don't seem to understand at all that it can happen without it being involved in the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

Oh but it does. If you were as good at pvp as you claim to be, the map should be more colorful than HT's. You'd be good enough to PREVENT a map take over from ever happening.

CQ got bid on by 9 different guilds over the weekend.

Only a few are on their KoS, because they've been on it forever.

CQ also has the largest concentration of high leveled players on the server.

Since the other high leveled players don't want to get involved.

CQ has successfully steamrolled the server.

You can be skilled in PvP without ever dropping into a TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

PKing isnt the same as territory war. One person's skill doesn't account for a faction's prowess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    PKing isnt the same as territory war. One person's skill doesn't account for a faction's prowess.

You pk IN TW though, do you not? People brag about how much better everyone is on a pk server yet they can't kill well enough to actually win a TW. Where as the "carebear" server of heavens tear has a colorful map.

My guess is its because any pk that goes on here is between people of more equal level, meaning you have to actually get somewhat good. In a pk server people just kill people 50 levels lower than them.
    Main characters
  • Aggramar - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You pk IN TW though, do you not? People brag about how much better everyone is on a pk server yet they can't kill well enough to actually win a TW. Where as the "carebear" server of heavens tear has a colorful map.

My guess is its because any pk that goes on here is between people of more equal level, meaning you have to actually get somewhat good. In a pk server people just kill people 50 levels lower than them.

Sigh, you don't get it.

Having 80 people against 80 people isn't the same as going against a handfull of them. In PvP you don't have to coordinate 80 people, you don't have to use as much strategy, you don't necessarily have a leader guiding you on what you must do.

In PvP you fight people your level too, although there are a lot people that mostly kill lower levels and at the time of facing their own, they lose. But it's not everyone, don't make generalizations.
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

You really have no idea whats going on do you o.O?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

o.o'
    me agree it be all technicolor because theres more even level people fighting but....
    not exactly lols we just have more high level people then you do.
    xD
    and um some happen to level faster then others so there be a level difference.

yar me think if those people who... "can't kill well enough to actually win a TW" were to TW in a PvE server then it would turn into one color soon enough. b:shocked
    =O

which reminds me...zmog GMs connect the Lost City server onto the PvE servers! let use take over their territory too lols~!
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Just because you PK in territory war does not make it equivalent to killing other players outside of a territory war environment.

I don't know if this is fact, but i'd be willing to wager Conqueror owns the map because:

1. They're more coordinated
    2. They're more experienced
    3. They have the highest concentration of high level players
    4. Miscellaneous factors that I don't know about because I'm haven't seen them in action, besides that one time they beat us with 10 people and i was stuck in safe zone because i kept getting killed when i ran out

Conqueror's members may not necessarily be the best at PKing, but they sure as hell know what their job is and what they're doing in territory war. nobody can deny that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    o.o'
    me agree it be all technicolor because theres more even level people fighting but....
    not exactly lols we just have more high level people then you do.
    xD
    and um some happen to level faster then others so there be a level difference.

yar me think if those people who... "can't kill well enough to actually win a TW" were to TW in a PvE server then it would turn into one color soon enough. b:shocked
    =O

which reminds me...zmog GMs connect the Lost City server onto the PvE servers! let use take over their territory too lols~!
    xD

You really can't talk.

You got land because no one was there to defend it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]