How fun if don't buy with real money?

Options
124»

Comments

• denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    It's not about winning its about the fun you have trying.

I can have fun trying but if i lost it will ruin all fun i got- simply as that.
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    denesis wrote: »
    I can have fun trying but if i lost it will ruin all fun i got- simply as that.

The faction I am in TWs almost every single weekend. We only ever won twice. We got on the map because of a no-show and only was able to defend because the attacking faction was, at that point in time, incredibly weak. After that we were swiftly knocked off of the map by one of the main land holders.

We lose week after week after week. We don't care, we have fun anyway. Despite the fact that we have an incredible losing streak, the faction keeps getting more and more high levels that are joining, recently a few big named players joined up as well. They are well aware of our constant losses but joined anyway because even if we lose, its still fun.

To me, its much more fun to do nothing but lose for months or even years, then finally get a win after all that time.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • denesis
    denesis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

To me, its much more fun to do nothing but lose for months or even years, then finally get a win after all that time.

Well... yea losing is more fun than doing nothing, and in tw i wouldnt care too much if we lost if i pawned a lot of ppl, but i was talking more about 1v1 than tw.
    Anyways tw is only for the rich ppl these days.
    THE GAME IS DEAD b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • LinZeta - Lost City
    LinZeta - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I started playing in March and have spent a total of 30$ in this game. My lame panther mount was a gift from my bf. The other 20$ went to pet packs and other random junk. I've managed to get to 87 with HARD WORK and good, caring helpful friends. With those two things, I've managed to acquire a decent flying mount, decent gear, decent weapon, skill, and a nix. BUT, everything aside from the nix was BEFORE the explosion of the packs in September.

I barely make it around Lost City....definitely a brutal pvp server.

SO, in conclusion: If you don't plan on either socializing and finding help OR dropping the big bucks to catch up with the big boys (9x+) then don't play a pvp server at least. Play one of the pve ones for fun..I'm sure it's all about the luffss and carebear kisses there...lol, jk?
  • Lisliren - Sanctuary
    Lisliren - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I just started playing this week, and I'm enjoying the game a lot. I currently don't plan to spend real money on the game. I have fun just doing the quests, and I have no interest in getting to higher levels if things bog down and I have to grind or spend a lot of cash.

So... thanks to all the people who do spend a lot of cash so people like me can enjoy a big game like this casually! Who knows, I may become one of you if the game becomes very addictive, although I'm trying this game out specifically because I'm out of work and trying to keep my entertainment expenses down a bit.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Read quote of the month in siggyb:cute
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • bolloiskrem
    bolloiskrem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Very hard to play without spending money, yet it IS possible.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Very hard to play without spending money, yet it IS possible.

Not hard at all. Any idiot can get high level w/o cash.. in fact I think most high levels are non CS idiots.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.