How fun if don't buy with real money?

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I played for a good bit without using the Cash shop. Had a great deal of fun doing it. My Blade Master is ran almost totally off her own earnings (no cash shop) and I still have a ton of fun with her.

You can have a great deal of fun, and progress a long way through the game w/o using the Cash Shop, at least on PVE servers. On PVP servers thats harder to do, still possible, but more work.

~Saitada
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I played for a good bit without using the Cash shop. Had a great deal of fun doing it. My Blade Master is ran almost totally off her own earnings (no cash shop) and I still have a ton of fun with her.

You can have a great deal of fun, and progress a long way through the game w/o using the Cash Shop, at least on PVE servers. On PVP servers thats harder to do, still possible, but more work.

~Saitada

YES!!!! Peeps who can still do well in the aftermath of packs b:victory

LOL ppl get pissed when I say their gear is pointless and aimlessly "empty". They ragebearb:angry on me. So yea, its all about the EGOs!!!b:bye

Yup im gonna have uber gear, and not spend a dime (give or take about 4-5 months >______>)b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    laisvis wrote: »
    And i want to say that i'm playing mmorpgs for pvps, but in this game isn't fair pvp...
    MMOs are by definition not a level playing field. If you want fair PvP, play an FPS. The only reason to choose MMOs specifically for PvP is because you want to get higher levels/gears and PK weaker players. And yes, you'll have a hard time doing that without real money.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Good example: Squads want Venos with Hercs. If you don't have a Herc, you're put on the back burner. Because of gold prices, getting a Herc is way too expensive and unaffordable without putting real money into the game.

Not true at all. This only applies to people who want to progress in the game without actually playing the game. The legendary pets are very much affordable for non cash shoppers. I'm considered rich in the game, but I don't CS. Nor am I as good as Brael at merchanting.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I would say on a PVE server, you arent pressured to use real money. On PVP yeah, because if you want to do PVP and be a force to cause havoc, cash shopping will help you greatly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I dont understand the non-competetive aspects of MMO's as anything more than a means to an end. I'm pretty sure that is what this game is designed around. PvP and TW.

To call thoes who care about this aspect of the game obsessed with an "e-peen" is disingenuous to the entire purpose of this game.

People who play this game for the purpose of being an effective PvPer experience a strategic element that others do not. For me, this element is the entire reason I play any game.

If you are this type of player you will notice very quickly that the integrity of this game has been seriously comprimised. If you are not this type of player I have nothig to add that would be of value.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    it's.....sooooo......fun~!! foxy-x.gif
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Not true at all. This only applies to people who want to progress in the game without actually playing the game. The legendary pets are very much affordable for non cash shoppers. I'm considered rich in the game, but I don't CS. Nor am I as good as Brael at merchanting.

hmm, I am a level 98 veno with nix, the best I can do is 400k per hours from grinding, that's because my nix kill fast. Most other class can get at most 200k per hour after expense I guess. and I am talking about players level 90+. 100m/200k =500 hours of grinding. you call that "very much affordable for non cash shoppers"? yes, I can get more coins per hour (around 1.5m to 2m) if I solo HH, but how can a player solo HH without a herc?
    This is a great game, go play PVE server if you do not want to spend real money and hope you can find a group of good people to play together and forget about PVP thing.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Looks like your level 100 has gotten to your head and you feel you can judge someone by who they choose to post their forum opinion with.

I am sure there are many people who roll high level chars and would not like the PWI community know they are connected based on many different reasons.

to put it bluntly; level is the first impression in the game and usually dictates the winner. competitive players have levels to back them up... top guilds have the levels to stay on top... best gears have high lvl requirements... everything is based off levels. i am sure what you say may be true in some cases. but speaking from personal experience most of the lowbies who claim to have high alts... actually don't have jack. he just may be that one exception, but until proven otherwise, thats still a no name posting account.
    i truely do think the tripple digits has gone to ur head ._.

+

ur on a PVE server
    >.>
    <.<

ok... so what? aleast i have the digits. what do you have? a cleric on the pvp server that won't even function as a proper cannon fodder. and a level that'll be smack around on any of the given servers. just cause your on a pvp server doesn't mean ****. and i am willing to go as far as to say, you don't really have anything going for you on lost city. i might not go screaming at the top of my lungs pking ppl every second of the game, but aleast my name is somewhat known in the ht tw circle. have you even tw-ed before... i mean ones that doesn't involve you spending the entire time at spawn. and considering you can't even lift a finger against half of your server... there is not really much you have going for you atm.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Im on LC and enjoy PvPing at my level range.

You don't have to be the best to have fun. I took out a lvl9x Cleric with a few lucky crits after ticking their charm and they missed a few. Mind you the next 4 attempts ended me returning to the city.

You don't have to be indestructable to make it fun. How much fun would it be then??
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Im on LS and enjoy PvPing at my level range.

You don't have to be the best to have fun. I took out a lvl9x Cleric with a few lucky crits after ticking their charm and they missed a few.

You don't have to be indestructable to make it fun. How much fun would it be then??

ummm... i would like to know. how do clerics miss their attack?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    ummm... i would like to know. how do clerics miss their attack?

It looks sorta like this.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/link-dodge-super-smash-bros-melee-screenshot.jpg

Then after his miss I line up some nice Critical hits like this.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Rqr-1ncfKZA/RkujQmUwL4I/AAAAAAAAATc/8CjAbl3qubU/s320/Watch.jpeg
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009

some imagination the little lost citiers must have. if clerics can miss... with their accuracy they won't hit squat.

• Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    I don't need to prove anything to you and was trying to have fun in a thread that need a little spark in it.

Looks like you are so high on yourself that theres no point on continuing having fun in this thread.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    I don't need to prove anything to you and was trying to have fun in a thread that need a little spark in it.

Looks like you are so high on yourself that theres no point on continuing having fun in this thread.

here is the thing. i may be so full of myself, but i don't come on here and out right lie. magic attacks can't miss. and clerics is full mag atk. even the plume shot is mag based phy atk. so they unless you figure out something that the rest of us didn't, cleric shouldn't even miss ONE shot... nevertheless a few.
    and i have no doubt you can kill a 9x cleric. heck, even a level 1 veno can kill me if she hits me at the right time. but next time, just stick with the actual events.

• /Radar/ - Lost City
    /Radar/ - Lost City Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    surprised no one noticed that OP is a troll.... or at least has stopped viewing the thread b:bye
    some random BS from a egotistical player

trollingtrollingtrollin.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Ophida for the cute siggy :3

- retired 11/06/09
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    here is the thing. i may be so full of myself, but i don't come on here and out right lie. magic attacks can't miss. and clerics is full mag atk. even the plume shot is mag based phy atk. so they unless you figure out something that the rest of us didn't, cleric shouldn't even miss ONE shot... nevertheless a few.
    and i have no doubt you can kill a 9x cleric. heck, even a level 1 veno can kill me if she hits me at the right time. but next time, just stick with the actual events.

maybe the cleric was swinging his weapon? xD

tbh tet, unno if ur trolling or not, but clerics' spells dont miss unless you spark resist, or something of that nature.
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    to put it bluntly; level is the first impression in the game and usually dictates the winner.

This is exactly why I don't show off my level. Idiots think they know everything about you from your level. If I recall correctly, the OP asked if it was possible to have fun, not if it was possible to be the strongest...

So you think you are ''winning'' at having fun? LOL

Man, you might know a lot about how to play your class, but you are a first rate noob when it comes to just have fun...
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    exent wrote: »
    This is exactly why I don't show off my level. Idiots think they know everything about you from your level. If I recall correctly, the OP asked if it was possible to have fun, not if it was possible to be the strongest...

So you think you are ''winning'' at having fun? LOL

Man, you might know a lot about how to play your class, but you are a first rate noob when it comes to just have fun...

its a safe assumption that losing shouldn't be categorized in the fun category. aleast that’s my assumption. i am not sure if your raised with the saying everyone is a winner... but let me inform you, thats is not the case ourside of your house. and seriously... thats really a loser saying. it might be good sportsmanship to shake the loser's hand... buts thats all it is. the loser will still be a loser.
    and if winning makes the game fun for me... how does that make me a noob when it comes to fun?
    my apologies if you are one of those odd balls that actually think constantly losing is fun.

• exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    wow, that post got cut off lol...

I am merely one who thinks the fun is in playing, not winning.

If winning is the only way to have fun for you, well at least try to understand not everyone shares your point of view.

Thinking that everyone can be categorize in ''winners'' and ''loosers'' is really kind of immature... Good luck ine the ''outside world'' lol
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    its a safe assumption that losing shouldn't be categorized in the fun category.
    Not really.

Lvl 70+ barb didn't have fun when lvl 60+ charmless wizard ticked his HP charm 3 times before getting twoshoted (at least barb's reaction proved that b:chuckle ) yet the said wiz enjoyed that... a lot :P

It was fun again when a squad of 70-80 lvls (all uncharmed, never CS-ed) tried to kill 1 charmed, OMG-geared 90+ cleric. Even more when that squad succeeded, after few failed tries ;]

I almost never PvP solo. And in squad lack of good gear can be balanced by teamwork, making PK (PKK in my case) enjoyable.

<---- lvl 71 wizard, never used charms, did own FB's 19-51 in a squad of 3 (only 3-4 levels past the FB level), got maxed Daevas and all desired gear (with weak refines though b:chuckle ), tanked Zimo and Quanji without a problem, was the only healer on FB59 where (charmless) tank never had to use HP pot, gets PKed a lot by higher levels, PKed few equal levels, bought only 1 Gold via Auction House (for binding charm), never cash shopped and enjoying every minute of the playtime b:pleased.

I know that I'll never run around killing full charmed squads solo... and I don't feel the need to. Being an useful part of the team gives me more satisfaction.
    Packs World International
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    exent wrote: »
    wow, that post got cut off lol...

I am merely one who thinks the fun is in playing, not winning.

If winning is the only way to have fun for you, well at least try to understand not everyone shares your point of view.

Thinking that everyone can be categorize in ''winners'' and ''loosers'' is really kind of immature... Good luck ine the ''outside world'' lol

win or lose is part of life. but i, for one, perfer to win more then lose.

It was fun again when a squad of 70-80 lvls (all uncharmed, never CS-ed) tried to kill 1 charmed, OMG-geared 90+ cleric. Even more when that squad succeeded, after few failed tries ;]

so... the squad of 7x/8x had more fun/enjoyed "even more" when they killed the 9x cleric? isn't that my point... winning = more fun. now if you were to have some decent gear by spending a few bucks... that'll happen more often.

fyi. i am actually against the game coming out with urber gear for a buck marketing plan. with that said... even in the good old days... you'll need to spend a few buck to build up your gear.

• Abide - Harshlands
    Abide - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Pay for the game to increase your characters Clothing, Get items faster instead of some that you can make in game you could just buy it fromt he PWI Bontique o.o. And im pretty sure the money u pay for the game helps the game stay up. Wait no, Your Money does help pay game to stay alive, cause w/o them getting money they probably wouldn't be able to withstand servers etc.

Just think of your money going to good waste. xD
    ~! Pkers Cons !~
    Pking Noobs = Raging Noobs = Noobs get high level ( Also feeling sorry that level 30's getting pked by 80s+ = Them same Noobs that was being pked and now is a higher level Thurst bang them same high levels that were pking them = Hurting the Clans that pk low level noobs because in the long run them same noobs might would of want to join your faction but now they think otherwise and go to another faction.

This is the life line i will live.

완벽한 세상이 프로.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so all the ppl that are saying they have'nt spent any money on this game and still have good gear = they're veno's

if u wanna pvp and not spend money : work your **** of with a veno class

if you dont wanna pvp and TW so just pve take whatever class , but yeah do pve lol
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Sure, you could continue to play for free. However, you will be at a great disadvantage from those who dump money into the game. The fun has been taken from the game, but you CAN play for free.

Good example: Squads want Venos with Hercs. If you don't have a Herc, you're put on the back burner. Because of gold prices, getting a Herc is way too expensive and unaffordable without putting real money into the game.

however you can avoid getting a herc by becoming a heavy veno... and being the herc itself... or rather more powerful than one... making you useful again! b:laugh
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    however you can avoid getting a herc by becoming a heavy veno... and being the herc itself... or rather more powerful than one... making you useful again! b:laugh

heavy veno drop faster then flies to mag atk... herc doesn't.

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    heavy veno drop faster then flies to mag atk... herc doesn't.

Try telling that to Obsessed... I think someone forgot to tell her she is supposed to drop fast......
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Cosoc - Sanctuary
    Cosoc - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    this game has an amazing amount of content... the map may not be as big as other mmo's but the content is massive... no one has reached end game yet and i have a friend on another popular p2p mmo who has played a year and has 2 capped characters...
    one thing that may make the game not as fun for u is the lack of lower lvl players... u might find it hard getting squads together, making friends etc...
    but with the upcoming expantion there will be a fresh load of low lvl players so then would be a good time to start...
    because u r going to start at the bottom of the food chain u will find it hard to make money in order to buy gold to purchase items from the cash shop...
    the players who do this sucessfully can do it because they were here from the start and are a high level, so they can farm high lvl instances and sell to lower lvl players... unfortunately u will not be able to do this...
    in saying this i recomend this game to anyone and i hope the cash side of the game does not put u off :)
    gl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stelacria - Heavens Tear
    Stelacria - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Really it boils down to whether or not you want to spend time, money, or some combination of the two.

Personally I think this game is worth spending a bit of money on (though nowhere near what some of the PvPers tend to spend), as it's a gorgeously done, well fleshed out F2P game that does deserve some support. Just be mindful of how much you spend and don't go overboard.
  • Arverna - Sanctuary
    Arverna - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Make cash in game selling items and stuffs...

Spent that cash to buy Gold (real Money equivalent in game).

Use gold to buy what you want or need or just resell it to make more money....

Can play and use cash shop without using real life cash: just take little longer.