How fun if don't buy with real money?

Options
laisvis
laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Does it worth to play more if i don't buy with real money?
Post edited by laisvis on

Comments

• Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Right now, absolutely not. It is a minimal fee of $2000 to be competetive in PvP or useful in TW. Unless your standards are very low I do not recommend trying to play this game without spending significant money.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I haven't charched even once in this game and still found it fun. But it kinda depends on your definition of "fun".
    If you find it fun to play with other people, beat your own challenges, earn what you want, then you will find it fun.
    If you find it fun to become the strongest and best on the server, but don't find fun to earn it in long time period... then game won't be that fun without using real money.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    - deleted -
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    free to play, pay to win.

-stolen from some dood in forumz.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Since you can buy every single item in the cash shop with in-game coin from other players, or you can even buy gold directly from other players with in-game coin it is really up to you.

Of all the games I have played and still play, this one is the only that allows for the unrestricted trade of cash shop items and gold between players.

If you choose to not use RL money, you will have to make money in game.
    Here is a link to make money in game. I have no idea how effective it is, but it is a sticky.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=125991
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear
    Imamandamnit - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    laisvis wrote: »

If you wanna be competitive in the higher echelons of pvpers,no dont bother.

If youre doing nothing but pve,or are one of these social gamers yeah its still possible,though not as free player friendly as it was.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Of course you can have fun without spending RL money on this game right now.

It really comes down to what you want out of the game when you don't spend the cash.

If you want the following you will want to spend RL cash:

-high level +++ gear instantly when you get to the level required.
    -Having a rare Veno pet (nix, herc)

You can still enjoy PvP without spending RL cash so ignore anyone who tells you otherwise. Just because you can't pk a few people does not mean you will not find 100's of others out there to have fun with.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Honestly, there is no point of playing the game without spending real money. If you're good at marketing and making money, you can spend a couple of hundred and make the rest from in game trades. Or you can just flat out spend upwards of thousands. Other then that there is no way you'll stay even remotely competitive PvP.
    Even in PvE, unless you're playing a veno all the other classes require charms from cash shop to an certain extent. That is unless you want to play for a few minutes and sit on your **** for the next 5 minutes to recover hp/mp. Although if you do stick with pure PvE, you can get away with spending a few dollars per month (or you can spending hours farming for the coins to buy charms in game).
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • exent
    exent Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Don't listen to those who say it's impossible to have fun without using real money. They are just the type of players who can't have fun unless everything is handed to them on a silver platter.

Playing PWI without spending real money is quite possible. There is lots of fun to be had if you like to face challenges and work with others.

Of course, you won't stand a chance in PvP against high level players who used real money, but instead of being jealous or frustrated, try to see it from another point of view... THEY are paying so that YOU can play for free. That's all...
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    exent wrote: »
    Don't listen to those who say it's impossible to have fun without using real money. They are just the type of players who can't have fun unless everything is handed to them on a silver platter.

Playing PWI without spending real money is quite possible. There is lots of fun to be had if you like to face challenges and work with others.

Of course, you won't stand a chance in PvP against high level players who used real money, but instead of being jealous or frustrated, try to see it from another point of view... THEY are paying so that YOU can play for free. That's all...

LOL. And this is the advice that a level 1 gives.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options

no one said hes lvl 1 tbh..

and his forum account is 3 months older than yours

ijs..
  • Raydoit - Sanctuary
    Raydoit - Sanctuary Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You can enjoy this game without money but I must say you get a lot of bang for your buck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

See its black and white now. It means I quit! How poetic and stuff.
  • Zhoubotong - Heavens Tear
    Zhoubotong - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I don't pvp and I don't compare my gear to everyone around me, so the game is still fun. I can still TT, get mats, and make new gear like before. Charms, mounts, and ext stones are more expensive, but that's not a big deal since I can learn to not use them.

The biggest problem I've faced so far is that a bunch of friends quit, either due to gold prices or just pure boredom/etc. As a result, I have trouble finding friends to do TT's, and I end up going on stranger squads with a non-trivial chance of meeting a banker who d/c's after the last boss. This makes the game less fun for me -- that my friends have left. MMO without the M.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Options
    no one said hes lvl 1 tbh..

and his forum account is 3 months older than yours

ijs..

anyone that doesn't have a level showing should by all purposes be considered level 1. and join date doesn't really mean anything. he could easily started it a year before me and still suck more then me playing drunk. on the other hand there are people who started half a year after me and are higher level and more skilled.

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Options
    anyone that doesn't have a level showing should by all purposes be considered level 1. and join date doesn't really mean anything. he could easily started it a year before me and still suck more then me playing drunk. on the other hand there are people who started half a year after me and are higher level and more skilled.

id say the join date has something to say more than a picture with a little number in the corner tbh.

Join dates often reflect their overall knowledge of the game.

<- in my case i didnt start using forums til way after i made my account
  • exent
    edited November 2009
    Options

LOL, who ever said I was level 1? I have been here since the begining, but I fail to see how my level affects the fact that anyone can enjoy the game. You don't have to be lvl 100 to do so...
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options

Looks like your level 100 has gotten to your head and you feel you can judge someone by who they choose to post their forum opinion with.

I am sure there are many people who roll high level chars and would not like the PWI community know they are connected based on many different reasons.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    exent wrote: »

in another word, I am here to be killed, otherwise who those cash spenders are going to kill.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    swgs wrote: »
    in another word, I am here to be killed, otherwise who those cash spenders are going to kill.

You play a vital role.... Maybe they will recognize that and sacrifice a couple more as a thank you.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Aelebera - Heavens Tear
    Aelebera - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Like any other "Free" game, its free to play, but leaves you at a disadvantage if you dont
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    i truely do think the tripple digits has gone to ur head ._.

+

ur on a PVE server
    >.>
    <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • exent
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Everyone has a different definition of fun. It is impossible for anyone to tell the OP if he would have fun playing PWI without spending any cash. He will have to try it and see for himself.

The only thing we can all say is if we, ourselves, are having fun or not without spending money. I can see that many here think it is impossible. Many others, including me think otherwise.

I can only say that I have been playing for many years (I was playing on MY before PWI started) and I never spent a penny. I am having fun, eventhough I'm not the strongest.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    Without non cash shoppers, the cash shoppers won't have anyone to be better than.

If you are obsessed with being at the top, don't even bother to play this game. If you just want to have fun by playing, then you'll be fine not paying.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    は、レベル100見たことがないが失敗する O_O
    i truely do think the tripple digits has gone to ur head ._.

+

ur on a PVE server
    >.>
    <.<
    You must think engRish is cool >.> cause thats what u just did, in another language.

As for OP, if you like casual playing then spending no money is possible. I know many pple who do this. Although, if you are one of those pple who love endgame, like lvling faster than others, and having better gear than others, then yes you will most likely have to spend money to satisfy yourself. Usually the casual, self-paced player will enjoy the game without being pressured into using cash items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    You must think engRish is cool >.> cause thats what u just did, in another language.

As for OP, if you like casual playing then spending no money is possible. I know many pple who do this. Although, if you are one of those pple who love endgame, like lvling faster than others, and having better gear than others, then yes you will most likely have to spend money to satisfy yourself. Usually the casual, self-paced player will enjoy the game without being pressured into using cash items.

i was testing my new keyboard b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    The game is still fun, but if you are a competitive person, yea you will most likely NOT have fun here without money.b:surrender

The only thing I envy are the luxury goods ppl get from anni packs. My friends either left, or I left them... the anni packs corrupt them in my opinionb:cryb:cryb:cry

Or maybe I am jealous of them...

Either way, now its meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • laisvis
    laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I tink i'll continue my gaming. I have 74lvl wizard and i like my class. It's really fun at pvp , pve... I created this thread because i was shocked when me killed same lvl wizard for 1 hit not crit. He said that he buy with real money. And this situation showed me that i can't have so much fun in this game if i don't use real money. And i want to say that i'm playing mmorpgs for pvps, but in this game isn't fair pvp...
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    As a single player(squad) game, or non-competetive game.. if that is what you are into, then you can pretty much play this game however you want.

I can't relate with that mindset so I wont comment any further.

But if you want to play an MMORPG for the competetive aspects and value a sense of accomplishment than this game is not for you.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I tink i'll continue my gaming. I have 74lvl wizard and i like my class. It's really fun at pvp , pve... I created this thread because i was shocked when me killed same lvl wizard for 1 hit not crit. He said that he buy with real money. And this situation showed me that i can't have so much fun in this game if i don't use real money. And i want to say that i'm playing mmorpgs for pvps, but in this game isn't fair pvp...

Its only freakin gear, who cares if peeps are godly, good for themb:victory. I say its a waste, they said, "I worked hard for my money in RL, I do what I want!!"b:sad

I hate how ppl are getting big headed, I know barbs bragging about their HP to me, and they are like 10 lvls below me. I love it when someone grabs all their sage/demon skills and totally say they are waaaaaaaay better than me.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Options
    But if you want to play an MMORPG for the competetive aspects and value a sense of accomplishment than this game is not for you.

AKA: If you are worried about the size of your e-peen you need to spend some money, if you are not worried about it then sure you can have fun for free.