Can I go afk while killing a boss?

13»

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What I am having difficulty swallowing is the fact that this is a built-in game feature, just auto-attacking should be fine with them, however if you are using skills to attack the boss, and are unresponsive, then yes that could definitely be considered as botting.

Though yes if there are multiple mobs around that you are 'auto-attacking'/switching too.. and are unresponsive then yes that should also be considered as botting.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Xheart - Harshlands
    Xheart - Harshlands Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    the real insult imho is that the game is so easy theres world bosses you can do AFK.

the real insult is that while they dont mind putting anni packs in for another month to make more money they cant fix a boss such as SH to have a ranged attack so this concern dosnt even exist.

the real insult is that it takes 6 hours to kill a single boss, not everyone is a NEET asian.

i mean lets be real here, bots are there for a reason, the game takes too much time for nothing, and to top it off, its easy, long dosnt mean hard. its annoying at most, imho you can go afk, but at your own risk of being called a botter and be banned for it anyway just like spoon said
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    A good rule is:

"If you have to ask yourself if what you are doing is legal, there is a very good chance that it is not..... If you have to ask others, than you can be sure it will get you in trouble."

Why do I say that? Well, if you really were concerned, you would send a ticket to the GMs asking the question. The only reason to post in the forums and explain what you want to do, than ask if it is legal is so you get "coverage" for your not-so-above the board actions.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What I am having difficulty swallowing is the fact that this is a built-in game feature, just auto-attacking should be fine with them, however if you are using skills to attack the boss, and are unresponsive, then yes that could definitely be considered as botting.

They make macros for a reason...I mean you can have it repeat so you never have to touch anything while tanking a boss. Tanks do it all the time in HH. I even have macro's for mobs. Its a game feature, you're not exploiting it or anything. There should be no problem with macros or auto attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think the question being asked isn't the real thing that players are wondering. The bottom line is if you are unresponsive while actively killing a monster you may be reported, the GMs will looks into it and deal with it as they see fit.

So can you go AFK while killing a boss? Maybe, but if you are caught and banned for botting "I was AFK" will not be a valid excuse.b:victory

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Thank you very much for the reply! from my understanding of what spoons said, it seems like I can go afk as long as I truly am not using any bot or exploits.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Thank you very much for the reply! from my understanding of what spoons said, it seems like I can go afk as long as I truly am not using any bot or exploits.

Well, you should probably respond if someone messages you, the responsiveness is an easy way to weed out people who are truly just AFK from those who are not b:shocked
    edited November 2009
    Well, you should probably respond if someone messages you, the responsiveness is an easy way to weed out people who are truly just AFK from those who are not b:shocked

but by your definition of AFK, is there a time limit that I must be back to reply or can I AFK for say an hour or more?
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • eatwithspoons
    edited November 2009
    You're splitting hairs here, I feel like the only reason that this question would be needed would be for devious purposes.

How hard is it to glance at your computer screen every few minutes? Not hard at all. Just do it :D
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I look at my computer screen all the time. b:chuckleb:laugh

I think the discussion is at an end and thread deserves to die.

To make a quick summary. Don't do it.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    You're splitting hairs here, I feel like the only reason that this question would be needed would be for devious purposes.

How hard is it to glance at your computer screen every few minutes? Not hard at all. Just do it :D

I am usualy sitting at my computer. but it takes my pet about 15-20 hours to kill the boss from my calculations. There could be times I need to go out to get some food etc.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Xheart - Harshlands
    Xheart - Harshlands Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2009

do you know what AFK mean? cause the whole point of this thing is if he can do it while he isnt even at home, if he could reply to GMs then he wouldnt really be AFK now would he?
  • eatwithspoons
    edited November 2009
    do you know what AFK mean? cause the whole point of this thing is if he can do it while he isnt even at home, if he could reply to GMs then he wouldnt really be AFK now would he?

If you're not at home and playing the game, I'm pretty sure you can get yourself banned.

This thread is done, I have answered your questions, so there's nothing to argue about. b:victory
This discussion has been closed.