Can I go afk while killing a boss?

Chezedude - Dreamweaver
Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
PWI does not have any list of in game rules that players must follow on the website or anywhere, so I have to ask here.

If I make a veno and my pet is killing a boss. Am I allowed to go afk since I don't want to sit at my computer for an hour doing absolutely nothing but staring at the screen. I'm not putting anything on my keyboard to hold a button down, and I don't need to do anything in game except to wait for the boss to die.

So is it ok if I afk in that case to say watch some tv or do homework and come back when the boss is almost dead. I will be doing nothing different at the computer or not at the computer because there really is nothing my veno would need to do.
youtube.com/chezedude
Post edited by Chezedude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What... makes you think that... you are NOT allowed to go AFK?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I wanna know if I'm allowed to AFK while killing a boss just auto attacking it.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    What happens when your pet needs to be healed? I suppose you could put a rock on your F1 key or something, but there are always variables.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    you only need to tap F1 to attack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    I said in my post that I am NOT putting anything on my keyboard, I could say let it repeat heal with the in game skill macro or I could just not heal and stand there.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    you'd have to have a macro or something on the actual key in that case
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think it depends on the squad you are with.

Some squads would accept it. Others might get annoyed by it.

People have different ideas on what "rules" or game etiquette should be followed.

I'd say at the very least, ask your squad mates before you decide to go away from keyboard or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    ahhh like I said, I'm not asking how to do it. I just want to know if I can kill a boss with auto attack or pet without using any external programs of any sort and not putting anything on my keyboard or mouse to hold down any buttons.

like If I can tank a boss on my charm or something while I auto attack. I'm not asking about the feasibility just if it's ALLOWED.
    youtube.com/chezedude
    edited November 2009
    I'm soloing a boss, not with a squad. I just want to know if I auto attack a boss will the GMs say omg he is botting a boss, ban him!
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ahhh like I said, I'm not asking how to do it. I just want to know if I can kill a boss with auto attack or pet without using any external programs of any sort and not putting anything on my keyboard or mouse to hold down any buttons.

like If I can tank a boss on my charm or something while I auto attack. I'm not asking about the feasibility just if it's ALLOWED.

Errr well... be creative now, can you think of any reason why you wouldn't be allowed to walk away from your own computer? If you're American we call this an inalienable right- you have the providential freedom to pursue happiness to whatever legal ends you so choose...
    edited November 2009
    Errr well... be creative now, can you think of any reason why you wouldn't be allowed to walk away from your own computer? If you're American we call this an inalienable right- you have the providential freedom to pursue happiness to whatever legal ends you so choose...
    Right I agree. However, if some person walks by and tries to talk to me and sees me not responding. He then reports me to a GM to say that I'm botting when I'm simply AFK. Will I get in trouble for not responding to the GM if the GM pms me for a response?
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Right I agree. However, if some person walks by and tries to talk to me and sees me not responding. He then reports me to a GM to say that I'm botting when I'm simply AFK. Will I get in trouble for not responding to the GM if the GM pms me for a response?
    they have checks for that, trust me, they wouldn't say you were botting unless you were actually doing so
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    they have checks for that, trust me, they wouldn't say you were botting unless you were actually doing so

well in that case I will be attempting to solo some bosses while I'm at school.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    well in that case I will be attempting to solo some bosses while I'm at school.

Amusing if someone travels by and then loots your kill since you're at school. b:chuckle
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    Amusing if someone travels by and then loots your kill since you're at school. b:chuckle
    yea, that would be funny lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    worldboss takes longer than the time at school, I will obviously time it so that I can make it back before I kill it lol
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Jeez, Cheze...you're getting this lazy since you left sei? All those high powered gears must be going to your head...either that, or you're extremely bored now.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
    edited November 2009
    nah I need to get some chrono pages for lvl 100 skills
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    worldboss takes longer than the time at school, I will obviously time it so that I can make it back before I kill it lol

That's not to say someone won't come by and add an extra DD hand, ruining your timing and giving you a bad day when you get home.

So much could go wrong. Let's just hope people leave you alone, or you drag it to a very remote location.
    edited November 2009
    That's not to say someone won't come by and add an extra DD hand, ruining your timing and giving you a bad day when you get home.

So much could go wrong. Let's just hope people leave you alone, or you drag it to a very remote location.

I've considered that too and I don't think it will be much of a problem. I can ask a friend to keep an eye on it.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I've considered that too and I don't think it will be much of a problem. I can ask a friend to keep an eye on it.

b:shocked
    you have a friend willing to stand there for hours just watching you?
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    b:shocked
    you have a friend willing to stand there for hours just watching you?
    xD

If boss has 20m hp left I don't think it will die in at least 3 hours b:shocked
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • omgwtfbbqhaxors
    omgwtfbbqhaxors Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    yeah swordman with inf atk rate b:chuckle
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Pretty sure you would get reported. SImply because you're saying you wouldnt be healing your pet. In that case the only way your pet would survive is by using the air attack exploit. Or you said you'd use a macro, but without any external program, no macro infinitely loops in this game, meaning that it would have to be repeatedly triggered. And you said you would not leave something on the button. So, i can not think of anyway possible of doing what you are claiming, without exploiting or botting.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Lemme guess: Soul Hunter, ranged pet.
  • ElvenSpark - Sanctuary
    ElvenSpark - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Pretty sure you would get reported. SImply because you're saying you wouldnt be healing your pet. In that case the only way your pet would survive is by using the air attack exploit. Or you said you'd use a macro, but without any external program, no macro infinitely loops in this game, meaning that it would have to be repeatedly triggered. And you said you would not leave something on the button. So, i can not think of anyway possible of doing what you are claiming, without exploiting or botting.

Acually.. the little loop thing on the macro menu next to the attack icon that says "walk behind" or w/e acually means to loop the macro b:laugh
    So I guess it would be possible.. b:shocked
    edited November 2009

just because you can't think of a way to do it without cheating doesn't mean a way does not exist
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    just because you can't think of a way to do it without cheating doesn't mean a way does not exist

agreed.
    xD

Darksylph don't be mad he knows the game mechanics better then you. b:surrender
    (>.<)'
    well me wish you luck?
    (O.o)'

dang whoever you ask to keep an eye on it must be either bored as heck or really dedicated.
    XD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    wasnt there a similar discussion involving zhen? that since you could get exp w/out being at computer some were concerned whether it was appropriate? what happened to that discussion?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited November 2009
    wasnt there a similar discussion involving zhen? that since you could get exp w/out being at computer some were concerned whether it was appropriate? what happened to that discussion?

well I only get 500 xp if I kill the boss. But of course If a GM could clarify if this is ok that would be great.
    youtube.com/chezedude
This discussion has been closed.