Best pet for veno

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You often like to mention bosses that, albiet having higher magic attack than physical, remain purely physical, even when hit from a range. You obviously lack any gameplay experience, and just use numbers to make it seem like you know what youre talking about. Ive seen you do numerous times for TT squad bosses that dont even use magic, including cosmoforce, and dimentora. Learn your bosses please before spewing useless garbage.

FYI, blackhole is easier to be tanked via melee with a herc

Aren't we just a little flamer? Here's my thread on ranged pets which includes a list of range tankable bosses: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=323451 . -Who's spewing garbage? b:bye
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    That doesnt deny the fact you have for a fact mentioned bosses that remain purely physical, even when hit from a range. Not to mention that list is incredibly small... nor does the 'not able to list' contain any of the noobish mistakes youve made before.

I know for a fact youre spewing bull**** everytime you post, youve stated on numerous occasions you have an eldergoth with herc skills, do you magically just happen to have leg pet scrolls for alllll your pets? Lets take this and other bull**** posts into speculation.

You claim you have a vericose scorpion with legendary pet skills
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3233491&postcount=11

Here you claim you have a celestial plumpfish with herc skills:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3075772&postcount=7

LOL dont even get me started on this ridiculous thread
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=324151

Now lets get into proof youre an idiot even more:
    claiming farren is a ranged boss lol:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3368911&postcount=51

LOL claiming poison tail occultist is ranged:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3363151&postcount=46

you listing a number of TT bosses, where the only ones on the list who uses magic from a range in squad mode is vipenalt/soulripper, yet insisting they all use their magic:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3356842&postcount=35

Need I go on? Do all your pets magically have legendary pet buffs? Do you realize you make the most ridiculous posts in this venomancer forum? I dont know whos a bigger joke, you or wizzeled with his +7 level 45 bow w/ 2x perfect garnets.

Can you say owned?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Farren IS a ranged boss (physical ranged attack + melee) and can be tanked by an eldergoth fairly early... I tanked Farren (actually soloed to 50%) with a 41 (IIRC) eldergoth marksman in range mode at level 51.

Try it sometime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • BentMoon - Dreamweaver
    BentMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I was wonder what was teh best to...thought I do have a long way.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    He has a ranged AOE, but Ive never seen him have a ranged melee, can you show me a screen shot of Farren being ranged tanked, and Ill remove it and put a correction there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    That doesnt deny the fact you have for a fact mentioned bosses that remain purely physical, even when hit from a range. Not to mention that list is incredibly small... nor does the 'not able to list' contain any of the noobish mistakes youve made before.

I know for a fact youre spewing bull**** everytime you post, youve stated on numerous occasions you have an eldergoth with herc skills, do you magically just happen to have leg pet scrolls for alllll your pets? Lets take this and other bull**** posts into speculation.

You claim you have a vericose scorpion with legendary pet skills
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3233491&postcount=11

Here you claim you have a celestial plumpfish with herc skills:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3075772&postcount=7

LOL dont even get me started on this ridiculous thread
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=324151

LOL claiming poison tail occultist is ranged:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3363151&postcount=46

you listing a number of TT bosses, where the only ones on the list who uses magic from a range in squad mode is vipenalt/soulripper, yet insisting they all use their magic:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3356842&postcount=35

Need I go on? Do all your pets magically have legendary pet buffs? Do you realize you make the most ridiculous posts in this venomancer forum? I dont know whos a bigger joke, you or wizzeled with his +7 level 45 bow w/ 2x perfect garnets.

Can you say owned?

Yep, looks like someone jealous of my pet's skills, and my accomplishments. -Sorry.

1) My Scorpion has Claw

2) My Plumpfish has Strong, Protect, and Reflect

3) What's your point?

4) You Failed

5) Outright Lie

6) Outright Lie again
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    Yep, looks like someone jealous of my pet's skills, and my accomplishments. -Sorry.

1) My Scorpion has Claw

2) My Plumpfish has Strong, Protect, and Reflect

3) What's your point?

4) You Failed

5) Outright Lie

6) Outright Lie again
    Its a scene of pathos when someone cant admit defeat. Youve been served, why even bother posting any kind of rebuttal, let alone one thats nothing but hot air/pouting.

I like the old tweakz who'd send in harassment tickets on anyone who criticized his information, rather than the one who just resorts to whining/saying OMG UR WRONG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    BHD:
    Physical Attack
    6927 - 8312
    Magic Attack
    2935 - 3523

(Ideal for ranged tanking)

Sure, you can range tank it. I range tanked Bloodflare with my marksman...and guess how long it took...Over an hour.

Why did it take over an hour? Because a marksman with no skills can't hold aggro.

Also, The Whirpool Wraithtortise is purely physical. My level 82 Shadou Cub still can't tank it. But a level 75 magmite can with ease.
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Its a scene of pathos when someone cant admit defeat. Youve been served, why even bother posting any kind of rebuttal, let alone one thats nothing but hot air/pouting.

I like the old tweakz who'd send in harassment tickets on anyone who criticized his information, rather than the one who just resorts to whining/saying OMG UR WRONG.

Served? -no: just harassed by a troll that fails to make a point.
    Sure, you can range tank it. I range tanked Bloodflare with my marksman...and guess how long it took...Over an hour.

Why did it take over an hour? Because a marksman with no skills can't hold aggro..

Yep, nothing to do with your level, debuffs, etc. Better use magmite next time so you can get done quicker. -lol
    edited October 2009
    Yep, nothing to do with your level, debuffs, etc. Better use magmite next time so you can get done quicker. -lol

My level...80. And what's the use of range tanking with a pet, when you steal aggro with every spell you cast?

Also, I see you failed to comment on the wraithtortise.
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    My level...80. And what's the use of range tanking with a pet, when you steal aggro with every spell you cast?

Also, I see you failed to comment on the wraithtortise.

Sorry, didn't realize I need to idiot proof information. Should I write a guide about aggro for you? I don't owe you trolls anything.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    It is all up to the individual playing veno on what pet they like best.I like pinnear foxwing over sawfly for eg.It has flesh realm like nix all I have to do is upgrade it as well as thunderball.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, didn't realize I need to idiot proof information. Should I write a guide about aggro for you? I don't owe you trolls anything.

Oh mighty tweakz, teacheth me the ways of aggro holding without using pet skills. For I am but a humble noob, and thou art greater than I.

Also, Quillhog king is a boss that a magmite can tank earlier than other common pets.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    He has a ranged AOE, but Ive never seen him have a ranged melee, can you show me a screen shot of Farren being ranged tanked, and Ill remove it and put a correction there.

2009-10-31%2020-02-21.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Why did it take over an hour? Because a marksman with no skills can't hold aggro.

It can hold aggro just fine. It's certainly going to be a slower kill than a herc would be, but if you don't have a herc, and a normal up close pet isn't doing the job, it's your best option.

A marksman isn't some magic put everything on easy mode pet, it's a pet that can avoid deadly situations a herc can't avoid. You pay a penalty with it's aggro but that's the tradeoff. Do you want to be able to solo it or not? If it's a ? mob you can mitigate the aggro problem by a good bit as well. Blackhole Devourer for example. Without skills though, you're looking at 51% damage being done by a marksman minimum (actually 50.01% but whatever, I like 51) in order for it to keep aggro. That would mean 1832737 damage from a marksman when it comes to Bloodflare. Using level 90 stats, since I don't know the 80 stats, that would be 1160 seconds, or 19.33 minutes. Subtract a bit for the level difference and call it 25 minutes with a pretty even damage split.

Oh, if you can't figure out how to boost a marksmans aggro... claw.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    2009-10-31%2020-02-21.jpg
    Extremely hard to tell from that angle, but I guess its proof. I'll try it myself sometime
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Funny tweakz, how you call us trolls, when all you do is tell people their wrong about everything without explaining yourself lol.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Funny tweakz, how you call us trolls, when all you do is tell people their wrong about everything without explaining yourself lol.

tweakz is (in)famous for that. Save your breath (or should I say your fingers?). I experienced this while we were in Triad together and we had it out on the Triad forums.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited October 2009
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:chuckle I try but sometimes I lose my patience/temper.

Kowlin still has my vote! It's damn hot! b:victory
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    tweakz is (in)famous for that. Save your breath (or should I say your fingers?). I experienced this while we were in Triad together and we had it out on the Triad forums.
    I can only feel your pain to a small extent, Ive just been at him since he started telling little venos magmites and sawflies suck back when he first started posting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LoubyLoo - Sanctuary
    LoubyLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I have a petite sawfly for a flying pet. Still leveling it which is very time consuming but its the best flying pet besides phoenix. So I believe it's worth the time.

I have a Crystalline magmite, shadou cub, and kowlin for my land pets. Love them all. Crystalline magmite has a decent amount of hp and defense and attack. Shadou Cub has a good amount a hp and defense but not so high of an attack. I'm still leveling it though and he can fight mobs several levels higher than him. For a little bear he is quite powerful xD
    The kowlin I love. Good attack, yet the defense is not so good. And they are excellent pullers. And I did hear they are pretty good in TW. I'll find out eventually if that's true or not.

I've chose not to buy the phoenix or the herc just because the way I play the game I don't need them and don't want to spend the money on them. I rarely pk, which the phoenix is really good for, so no need. And I'll just find a barb as a tank and a squad to help me with bosses and tt runs. :)
    b:mischievous
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009

And you're infamous for attempting to sell me something that wasn't worth near what you were asking week after week. You even resorted to harassment, dishonesty, and vulgarity because I wouldn't be your sucker. Now you continue harassment on the forum. Tell me, what information do you provide here, or is it just personal attacks you're here for?
    I can only feel your pain to a small extent, Ive just been at him since he started telling little venos magmites and sawflies suck back when he first started posting

Recommending them for everyone is bad advice and not worth of harassment / personal attacks. You are here admitting that you are violating the TOS.
    I have a petite sawfly for a flying pet. Still leveling it which is very time consuming but its the best flying pet besides phoenix. So I believe it's worth the time.

And what knowledge are you basing this assessment on? There are higher level air pets for PvE that can get the job done as fast (typical mobs), move faster, have better defense, and come with better skills (which saves coin). When a Nix is very much affordable at 80+, investing in a Sawfly seems a waste. Level 80 comes fast.
    edited November 2009

And what knowledge are you basing this assessment on? There are higher level air pets for PvE that can get the job done as fast (typical mobs), move faster, have better defense, and come with better skills (which saves coin). When a Nix is very much affordable at 80+, investing in a Sawfly seems a waste. Level 80 comes fast.

Since when is 100 million coins "affordable"?
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    375k gold on DW as of this moment. That's 64 million, not 100 million. Had you tried the advice I posted here before, and taken advantage of the anniversary packs, you could have gotten about 5000 free zen (50 gold). Assuming you started with zero seed money, seeing as how gold was 505k to buy (meaning 530k selling) you would have been able to sell 50 gold (49 sold 1 used in listing fees) to end up with 25,970,000 coin. You could have then converted that coin into tokens at 20k per, giving you 1300 tokens. You could have then resold those tokens at 35k per (making into items and selling at that price after the sale ended, and yes there are items going at that rate), bringing you to 45,500,000 coin. Then, seeing as how gold is falling, assuming you buy at 325k (I'm expecting it to bottom out at 300k myself), you would then convert 45.5 million into 137 gold. Only 49 gold short of the goal. Had you also spent your time doing things like TT runs during the sale (cheaper subs) to bring you coin to buy gold after the sale, you would only be needing about 16.5 million. A far cry from the 100 million you're arguing.

Infact, at level 83, if you did the above but didn't touch TT but instead spent your time killing Enhanced Cougaret Deprivers south of Sirry Wine Camp, you would find yourself with about 18 million coin from grinding all of level 83 on them. Far more coin if you also harvested the mats nearby (2 sets of level 4 herbs, 1 set of wine mats), though that cuts into the exp rate.

There you go, free herc for doing nothing more than making a free email, running a catshop, and getting yourself exp over a time period of about 10 days.
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    Since when is 100 million coins "affordable"?

That's a bit over priced, but even at that it would be affordable. If not, you may want to quit game now as sage / demon skills alone can cost that as well as equips necessary for Sori Legion Marshal (culti boss).
    edited November 2009
    375k gold on DW as of this moment. That's 64 million, not 100 million. Had you tried the advice I posted here before, and taken advantage of the anniversary packs, you could have gotten about 5000 free zen (50 gold). Assuming you started with zero seed money, seeing as how gold was 505k to buy (meaning 530k selling) you would have been able to sell 50 gold (49 sold 1 used in listing fees) to end up with 25,970,000 coin. You could have then converted that coin into tokens at 20k per, giving you 1300 tokens. You could have then resold those tokens at 35k per (making into items and selling at that price after the sale ended, and yes there are items going at that rate), bringing you to 45,500,000 coin. Then, seeing as how gold is falling, assuming you buy at 325k (I'm expecting it to bottom out at 300k myself), you would then convert 45.5 million into 137 gold. Only 49 gold short of the goal. Had you also spent your time doing things like TT runs during the sale (cheaper subs) to bring you coin to buy gold after the sale, you would only be needing about 16.5 million. A far cry from the 100 million you're arguing.

Infact, at level 83, if you did the above but didn't touch TT but instead spent your time killing Enhanced Cougaret Deprivers south of Sirry Wine Camp, you would find yourself with about 18 million coin from grinding all of level 83 on them. Far more coin if you also harvested the mats nearby (2 sets of level 4 herbs, 1 set of wine mats), though that cuts into the exp rate.

There you go, free herc for doing nothing more than making a free email, running a catshop, and getting yourself exp over a time period of about 10 days.

Allow me to point out a flaw in your otherwise brilliant strategy. I cannot complete any of the so called "free zen" offers, because of the fact the I don't have a credit card to register with. The zen offers that don't require credit card registration ask me for more personal information than I am willing to part with. I cannot simply buy zen, because I have no job, and therefore, no income.

So, you see my predicament. I did however turn a very juicy profit on the SoF I had already collected. Regardless, 30 million still isn't enough coins.

Though to be honest, I don't even want a herc anymore.

I also forgot to mention, grinding is a long and boring process for me. Mainly because I don't have suitable pet to help me kill more quickly. And before tweaks comes along and says, "use howl noob"....I have a piggy with level 5 bash and level 5 howl. It still takes me at least 4-5 spells to kill mobs my level.
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    The ones I was referring to either don't use a credit card, or accept a debit card which you're capable of having simply by having a checking account. The ones that ask for personal information have no method to verify it. According to those surveys my name is Stupid Alias and I live on 123 fake st, in Efghijkl, MN with a zip code of 12345.
    I also forgot to mention, grinding is a long and boring process for me. Mainly because I don't have suitable pet to help me kill more quickly. And before tweaks comes along and says, "use howl noob"....I have a piggy with level 5 bash and level 5 howl. It still takes me at least 4-5 spells to kill mobs my level.

Then farm mats. Gold right now is relatively low (it's still high, no doubt about that but with the way things are going it probably won't fall a whole lot more). You're currently ~34 million from a herc, that's about 50 TT runs at 60-90 min each, or it's 340 subs, it's possible to farm 10 subs/hour if you work on it, that's 34 hours. If you want the coin, there's ways to get it.

If you're needing 5 nukes to kill something, try moving to a new target or upgrade your weapon, at 83 I was killing things in two. Your pet choice is playing a factor too, although a pig can take a pretty good beating, particularly for an air pet... it's not going to kill things quickly. Honestly, I would recommend a Kowlin over one for grinding (only when doing land mobs though obviously) and I despise the Kowlin.

Back on the subject of targets though, I just went to http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/lvl/80-89 copied it all, threw it into textpad to format text (if you don't know how, it's basically a lot of replace all with tabs), then pasted it into a spreadsheet. That way I could sort mobs by their element, level, hp, and experience it takes all of 15 seconds to do. Here's what you're left with for earth element mobs you can grind on (I picked earth because your kill rate is low, this will speed it up some, though it will mostly remove the value of howl)
    Name  	Exists  	Level  	Element  	Life  	Exp  	SP
    Ancient Tauroc Warrior 	Y 	87	Earth	43222	469	97
    Eerie Python 	Y 	87	Earth	37628	436	90
    Rogueknight Felon 	Y 	86	Earth	36818	430	89
    Mount Bear of Antiquity 	Y 	86	Earth	36149	518	107
    Stoney Boogins 	Y 	88	Earth	35982	442	91
    Rockenwolf 	Y 	84	Earth	35018	421	87
    Orelith 	Y 	83	Earth	34242	416	86
    Ancient Wraith Footman 	Y 	85	Earth	33620	460	95
    Abomination of the Plain 	Y 	81	Earth	32723	406	84
    Glaived Herculon 	Y 	80	Earth	31782	401	83

Out of those, there's some mats you could harvest by Abomination of the Plain, though I don't know of any total sets. Orelith would let you get 2-3 mats but not many, with no herbs. Rockenwolf has no mats. I'm not sure of mats with Stoney Boogins but if you're arcane I would recommend staying away from them, they hurt. Eerie Pythons are ok, but the level is high for you. The rest of the stuff is either in FB's, FC, or Glee. Glee mobs are nothing special so they're possible but you won't get any mats... all grind.

Given those mobs, why not do Orelith? They're the easiest, and would bring you some money. If not them, do Abomination for less exp but a bit more con.
    edited November 2009
    My weapon, Glaives of Divinity, is currently +2 socketed with a flawless sapphire. My magic attack is 3776-5480.

I realize that grinding on earth mobs is the best option, but I must know...how were you killing mobs in 2 spells at 83? I can only manage that if the mob is sacrificial assault or weak. (or if I double spark/crit)
  • tweakz
    edited November 2009
    And before tweaks comes along and says, "use howl noob"....I have a piggy with level 5 bash and level 5 howl. It still takes me at least 4-5 spells to kill mobs my level.

Lol, I may be a bit coarse but I believe I reserve the name calling mindless insults for name callers / insulters. My guess is a Lunar Lupin would make a better grind pet. Unfortunately I never got one to find out. b:cry