roiroihello
roiroihello Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2009 in Venomancer
ok look i was researchin after pets all this week
first i had my volcanic but i dont really like hem
but ill make hem as my tank pet
as a air pet ive choose the petite sawfly
now one more pet that i can choose
i need fast pet good att(not have to be the best but a good one)
good def and good hp

if some own know a pet like the Kowlin but better little
tell me
im using the polar bear for now
but i dunno what to choose for more pet
Kowlin?Armored bear?or not rare at all..?
please help meb:cry
Post edited by roiroihello on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    best pets = crystalline magmite and petite sawfly for those who cannot afford hercules and phoenix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • ReFox - Harshlands
    ReFox - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i got the petite sawfly and a volcanic and its almost same like crystal
    but
    i need one more land pet
    im thinkin about Kowlin
    fast not so low attack and good def
    should i?
    and what is the price of one?
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well I personally use a Darkbreed, because I refuse to use magmites etc for personal reasons.
    Iv herd the kowlins only good for pulling, but regardless i still want one, cuz I think they look totally kickass b:victory
    problem is there about 3 mill to buy, monie i will never have to spare, and theres always the same venos getting the eggs everytime just so they can flog em off for that extra 3 mill it drives me crazy b:angry
    anyway, it really depends on what you want to go with for that extra pet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    land tank = Shaodu
    land puller = Kowlin
    Air pet = sawfly
    water = ? (i use an undine)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    best pets = crystalline magmite and petite sawfly for those who cannot afford hercules and phoenix

Anyone can afford one eventually. Magmites are far from the best tanks, they're slow, and interfere with targeting. Sawflys are also slow, and comparable to faster fly pets with better skill sets.
    ReFox wrote:
    im thinkin about Kowlin

Out of 9 battle pets, it's one of the two that I don't like leveling and could part with.

There are pets that aren't made obsolete by legendary pets:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=323451
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LadyTiggs - Sanctuary
    LadyTiggs - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I have a Herc, Kowlin, and Shadou Cub as land pets.

Herc= best land pet for obvious reasons.
    Kowlin= mostly only useful for pulling as their def is not that great, but their speed is awesome. (and they look really cool :D)
    Cub= next to the Herc, the cub has the best def there is once its lvl'd up. (and they are cute and growl all the time :D)

Honestly, if you cant get the cub the starter wolf or scorpion are the best pets to have next to the herc tho. Once they are lvl'd pretty high they have balanced def and atk.

One thing to remember, a low lvl pet (ie. 1-20) will have higher stats (def, atk, hp) once they are higher lvl's.

As for water pet I have the starter turtle from Etherblade. Shallowhirl I think is what they are called. I tamed an Everlasting and compaired the stats. At lvl 30 the starter turtle (shallowhirl) has better def, atk, and hp than the everlasting has at lvl 52(starting lvl)

Its your choice what you use, and alot of times its a matter of trial and error.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Wrong forum, sticky threads in venomancer forum exist for this, as does http://ecatomb.net/petstat.php

Aspirational:
    Baby Hercules, Baby Blazing Phoenix.
    You want these. It may be 'eventually' but you want them.

Land, common pets:
    Magmite (whatever tweakz says, magmite is just fine early on and much more tolerant of mistakes), eldergolth, lunar-lupin or a grimalkin or some other wolf as a fast pet.
    Edit: Oh yeah, beetles and scorpions. Halfway between wolves and magmites.

Land, rare pets:
    Shadau cub, Cuddly Pup, Kitty, Kowlin, Armoured bear.
    Not actually that globally useful - the shadau makes a decentish magic tank, the pup and kitty are fast and debuff well, the kowlin is a buzzsaw but fragile. The armoured bear is the shadau's big brother.

Air:
    There's really not many different air pets. The sawfly or the foxwing are just about all that's available until the 70s. The sawfly is almost universally agreed to be better, the foxwing is good enough.

Water:
    Again, not many different pets here. Turtles or undines. Pick one up when you need one, it'll be good enough.
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    There's really not many different air pets. The sawfly or the foxwing are just about all that's available until the 70s. The sawfly is almost universally agreed to be better, the foxwing is good enough.

http://snowbloom.110mb.com/pa.htm

-Shows varying growth charts with wasps and insects having higher mdef (critical moments like when ambushed: mdef becomes important). Also shows default skills (which can save you coin to be used toward Nix).

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/petstat.php

-At the bottom, you can compare level 90 stats of some of the air pets.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmmm.....

Land - Herc
    Air - Phoenix
    water - Celestial Plumpfish
    Lure - Armored Bear, herc (not buffed), Kowlin
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawk
    hawk Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Sending this to the Venomancer forum.
  • casexx
    casexx Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hercs are like Blackberries. You're not cool unless you have one, but once you have one, you're just like everyone else.

Those butt-ugly Juandice-looking daiper thugs can kiss my ****. I wouldn't use one if someone asked me to use it in their will. "You need a Hercules!" everyone shouts, just like they go freakin crazy on you if they see you running around without a magmite. "You won't get parties without one!" Well, the parties can kiss my ****, too if they like!

I take on the world with an Adalwolf!
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Magmite IS the best tank pet after the herc, not including pets that you put herc buff skills on, a pet's speed and size does not factor how well it can tank
    Magmite has the best HP and physical defense than any other pet.
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Magmite IS the best tank pet after the herc, not including pets that you put herc buff skills on, a pet's speed and size does not factor how well it can tank
    Magmite has the best HP and physical defense than any other pet.

Wrong. Best phys defense doesn't enable it to tank any mob or boss that other common pets can't. Ranged pets however can tank mobs and bosses long before other common pets and even a Herc.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol
    tweakz, pick and choose who you argue with
    as a level 100 veno, im pretty sure what a tanking pet is
    since the first day this game started, and a few days in after i got level 19, theres a reason i got that pet.
    Theres also a reason almost every veno you see low level has a magmite.
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lol
    tweakz, pick and choose who you argue with
    as a level 100 veno,

If you think that makes you more qualified, then you are ___? Any idiot can get to level 100 barely even playing.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    If you think that makes you more qualified, then you are ___? Any idiot can get to level 100 barely even playing.

Can I buy an E?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tweakz, go into a TT, and see how well a ranged pet works.
  • rst777
    rst777 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ^^ im actually interested to know how a ranged pet would do in a TT. i was thinking of getting an eldergoth.
    while on the subject of ranged pets, do they kite? regular ranged mobs kite my pets so im not sure if it works the other way around or if it would just start close combat moves.
  • Kyuu_rei - Heavens Tear
    Kyuu_rei - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    rst777 wrote: »
    ^^ im actually interested to know how a ranged pet would do in a TT. i was thinking of getting an eldergoth.
    while on the subject of ranged pets, do they kite? regular ranged mobs kite my pets so im not sure if it works the other way around or if it would just start close combat moves.

Nope, the Eldergoths do not kite. They will only use range when the mob kites them, or during the initial attack (with bash turned off).

@ User who said to take the world with his Adalwof:

Actually, the Herc makes things easier for those who like to depend on themselves. I'm not saying that one is not able to solo FBs or TTs with a magmite. But just that the margin for error is very much closer.

Also, I think Adalwolf's physical defense is lower than a magmite and therefore, you will really need to concentrate there.

I have not solo-ed any boss with a magmite or adalwolf till date ever since I have gotten my herc, But I would imagine that the HP of them lowers pretty fast, with 2 hits from the bosses in FB maybe?

Every pet is capable of solo-ing (may not include bosses here), just depends on play style I guess.
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tweakz, go into a TT, and see how well a ranged pet works.

Golem aint gonna do better in TT. I'm well aware that TT bosses have higher matk to patk. Golems suck at mdef. Should I use the lame argument: "lets see you tank a world boss with a Golem"? No, instead I'll ask you to name something your Golem can tank that other common pets can't. Until then you have no argument. b:bye
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hmm, I did quite fine doing my TT 1-1 and 1-2 (besides soul banisher of course)
    with my golem, don't really see anything wrong with a golem right there. Really interests me to see a cactopod? tank a TT boss
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Golem aint gonna do better in TT. I'm well aware that TT bosses have higher matk to patk. Golems suck at mdef. Should I use the lame argument: "lets see you tank a world boss with a Golem"? No, instead I'll ask you to name something your Golem can tank that other common pets can't. Until then you have no argument. b:bye

All the bosses in Old Heaven's Tear. I couldn't solo any of them with any of my pets, due to their physical attack being a great deal higher than their magic attack. In fact, as I recall, most of them are purely physical.
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    As far as I know, only a L90+ veno can solo tank BHD (Blackhole Devourer) with spam healing on their herc. As for the other bosses, not too sure. There's a string of culti ones I did for a cleric that I had to spam heal for but most I can get 3-4 attacks in before I have to heal again. BHD likes to hit for about half HP everytime.
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    As far as I know, only a L90+ veno can solo tank BHD (Blackhole Devourer) with spam healing on their herc. As for the other bosses, not too sure. There's a string of culti ones I did for a cleric that I had to spam heal for but most I can get 3-4 attacks in before I have to heal again. BHD likes to hit for about half HP everytime.

BHD:
    Physical Attack
    6927 - 8312
    Magic Attack
    2935 - 3523

(Ideal for ranged tanking)
    All the bosses in Old Heaven's Tear. I couldn't solo any of them with any of my pets, due to their physical attack being a great deal higher than their magic attack. In fact, as I recall, most of them are purely physical.

Like the one above?
    Hmm, I did quite fine doing my TT 1-1 and 1-2 (besides soul banisher of course)
    with my golem, don't really see anything wrong with a golem right there. Really interests me to see a cactopod? tank a TT boss

Still trying to sell that skill for way more than it's worth? How about making a relevant reply.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    tweakz, find me one person who would sell you that HP buff skill for 5m
    I know countless venos that would easily buy it for 50m, stop being stupid.
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Tweakz, why are you feeding people wrong info....
    I'll ask you to name something your Golem can tank that other common pets can't. Until then you have no argument.

Are you kidding me? you can tank multiple TT bosses much earlier with a golem than any other pet (even earlier with a herc). Notice i said "earlier". Of course if you have nearly any pet leveld to 90 and go into TT 1-1, of course they are going to be able to tank it....

The Golem's combination of decent HP and high Phys def makes it the most ideal tank besides herc, period.

you make another arguement that a ranged pet will do better against some bosses bc they may have lower mag attack... Some bosses will only do phys attack, even if it is ranged. (despite pwdatabase showing the boss also does a lower mag attack, pwdatabase is NOT perfect and has MANY mistakes).

Despite this the majority of the ranged pets do not have a very high mag defense anyways. Take that and a low to decent hp and i promise you, you will NOT be able to tank a boss from a distance that you wouldnt be able to with a golem.

/discussion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Tweakz, why are you feeding people wrong info....

No names, just flames. = Fail.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    so now you are resorting to calling people fail?
    You have no more information to even attempt to back up yourself?
    Nice response though.
  • tweakz
    edited October 2009
    Options
    so now you are resorting to calling people fail?
    You have no more information to even attempt to back up yourself?
    Nice response though.

They failed to deliver content. How do you argue against empty content? Empty content back like you?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    You often like to mention bosses that, albiet having higher magic attack than physical, remain purely physical, even when hit from a range. You obviously lack any gameplay experience, and just use numbers to make it seem like you know what youre talking about. Ive seen you do numerous times for TT squad bosses that dont even use magic, including cosmoforce, and dimentora. Learn your bosses please before spewing useless garbage.

FYI, blackhole is easier to be tanked via melee with a herc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.