Animal Form

Reggaen - Lost City
Reggaen - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
Well since gms are adding in Assassin and Physic..(gratz PWI for being the first)why not add in Wolf form or Panda form. Because Tiger form is stock ._.

b:victory
Post edited by Reggaen - Lost City on

Comments

• Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Well since gms are adding in Assassin and Physic..(gratz PWI for being the first)why not add in Wolf form or Panda form. Because Tiger form is stock ._.

Yeah a form to match you Toon would be nice so im not a stupid tiger i wasnt Wolf form indead
  • LordChronis - Dreamweaver
    LordChronis - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I agree >.> , panda for panda, wolf for wolf etc... its kinda dumb lookin to see a wolf turn into a white tiger lolb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a pure mind, happiness will follow you, as a shadow clings to a form.
  • XSpiderbaitx - Harshlands
    XSpiderbaitx - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I completely agree.. seems like a v good idea.. now will PWI pick up on the idea is the next question.. -.-
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think it would be cool to match True Form to Wolf, Panda, Lion or whatever else. I doubt it would happen though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Can't really see a big furry panda (who are an endangered species) beating the crud out of a horde of monsters. Otherwise its a good idea xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Can't really see a big furry panda (who are an endangered species) beating the crud out of a horde of monsters. Otherwise its a good idea xD

b:shocked omg u never seen the bad panda mount? That thing looks freaking evil.

But yeah... what people above said... b:surrender
  • fierax
    fierax Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009

doesnt that mean they wil have to make kitty and bats for the venomancer?
  • fierax
    fierax Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2009

if youve played WoW it would be like a druid in bear form. slower than tiger wolf or lion but more powerful.

that would be very cool if each animal had their own traits like tiger is powerful attacker and fast runner, panda is powerful attack and defence, lion is powerful defence and fast runner, and wolf is fast runner and fast attack although weaker.
  • Garivald - Sanctuary
    Garivald - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    omg Another one jeez. ok. yes it would be cool, but think. all our stuff is from pw china. the tiger is a symbol of something for Chinese. not just some play toy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Panda on fire=Panda PWNAGE
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Moved to the Suggestion Box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyre - Sanctuary
    Lyre - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yah I'd say being able to change also from a veno form why should it always be into a red fox? Maybe to those who are a cat type veno can have a different color and look different plus in cat/fox form you can battle with claws and fangs instead of just a few fox skills and veno skills.Lol my veno is getting deadly when it comes to a fist fighting probably only main skill I prefer is ironwood scarab to lower defense of the enemy and equip back to claws/fist wepon and kill it faster.Lol I still even have my beginner quest charm sitting at 10k XD.
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yes, I would certainly vouch for this change! Of course my opinion carries little weight in the world of the Perfect.

It completely makes up for the LACK of customizability for the Barbarians!

I say we get 500 people to sign this thread. That should get the attention of the producers.

Though it is indeed - that the white tiger is a symbol if chinese mythology and culture and it would be hard to change. But really... I just want a Lion to be a Lion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I also agree, true form should match humanoid form.

And the whole "The tiger means something" is a horrible reason to keep it the way it is. I'm pretty sure the devs aren't hardcore mythological follows when they throw in items like the warlord outfit and steampunk clothes. They should have thought about the forms matching when they added the other skins besides the original humanoid tiger.

The only reason they haven't done it is because they won't make any direct profit it, and that always puts it way down on the list >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    omg Another one jeez. ok. yes it would be cool, but think. all our stuff is from pw china. the tiger is a symbol of something for Chinese. not just some play toy

It is not just a tiger.. It is a WHITE TIGER. Big difference...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Reggaen - Lost City
    Reggaen - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yes, gogogo! Poll! Vote!

Btw same goes with Venomancers.
  • Lady_marta - Dreamweaver
    Lady_marta - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Adding new forms will just add to the lag. It's simple enough to just leave the game to drawing two animal forms instead of ten.
    God of healing, bless those that stand before you...
    Grant me the righteous power to banish evil!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    For one, it's not really that simple to add all these forms. They have to animate it and all that other good stuff.

For two, the game is based on chinese mythology. The white tiger is the symbol for werebeasts, which most of you know as barbarains. The fox is the symbol for werefoxes, which most of you know as venomancers.
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Yes, and chinese mythology also includes emo fashion and beach shorts.

Anyway, I reckon it wouldn't be hard to animate as they can simply use the base structure of the original true form. I mean, to put it on a mindblowingly simple term, a cut and paste job with a different design for skin palettes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Voakoa - Harshlands
    Voakoa - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yes, adding new animals would be awesome, and the tiger does symbolize something in Chinese-what it is i have no idea-the panda, wolf, and whatnot also symbolizes something too- so I'm fully backing up this decision.
  • daphkate
    daphkate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Yes, and chinese mythology also includes emo fashion and beach shorts.

Based on chinese mythology, mind you.
  • AzaIea - Sanctuary
    AzaIea - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    fierax wrote: »
    if youve played WoW it would be like a druid in bear form. slower than tiger wolf or lion but more powerful.

that would be very cool if each animal had their own traits like tiger is powerful attacker and fast runner, panda is powerful attack and defence, lion is powerful defence and fast runner, and wolf is fast runner and fast attack although weaker.

I would think it would be really cool to have your animal form match you human form. I would really hate it if each form had different traits. I think this would seriously mess up people builds kind of like what happened with the whole fairy thing.

Example: Say you made a wolf barbarian and made him a super tank build instead of like a DD barb build. BUT when you get your new animal form as a wolf you don't have the tanking traits you get DD traits (faster attacker, fast runner, but weaker) well shoot that just messed up your build so now you have to buy a makeover scroll (or whatever cash shop item might change your true form or even worse you can't change it and have to re-roll) for a **** up you didn't make.

Also it would be a lot easier to just change the looks of the true form instead of changing skills and traits.
    First signature I've ever made I know its not that good b:surrender
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    C'mon people. Sign the bruiser bill.

(Brownie points to those who knows where that's from).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    but you guyz, this will cost the PW Industry more money... and the economy is not that great right now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Okay, how about we talk money then. Since it's what pretty much piques the best interest of such.

The Lion/Wolf/Pa
    nda form shall be none other than equippables by the barbarians. You purchase it like clothes, except it only applies to the transformation.

I'd really like this feature, even if it'd cost a few bucks here and there. Lions are awesome.

(Is the text obnoxious enough to be noticed?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    yes very much so, but that's beside the matter. I see where you're coming from, but how much would people be wlling to pay for said feature? I believe it would be pretty high priced because of the graphics that go into it, time, and having to pay a said amt to the person/people who would have o create and through that process ext....

• Khalfani - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    I honestly think it wouldn't be that hard...
    THey can work off the bases. A smaller version of the purgatory green lion mount for the Lion form. One of the sharptooth wolfkins - but enhanced for the Wolf form (meaning it wont look anywhere near to a mob). THe tiger form can remain white tigers. If they want it changed, they can easily get the palette and change all that's white to orange. And the Panda form can be based off the Bad Panda.

Doesn't seem to hard. ALl they need to do is size adjustments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Okay, how about we talk money then. Since it's what pretty much piques the best interest of such.

The Lion/Wolf/Pa
    nda form shall be none other than equippables by the barbarians. You purchase it like clothes, except it only applies to the transformation.

I'd really like this feature, even if it'd cost a few bucks here and there. Lions are awesome.

(Is the text obnoxious enough to be noticed?)

Yes, it's very obnoxious. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited October 2009
    I honestly think it wouldn't be that hard...
    THey can work off the bases. A smaller version of the purgatory green lion mount for the Lion form. One of the sharptooth wolfkins - but enhanced for the Wolf form (meaning it wont look anywhere near to a mob). THe tiger form can remain white tigers. If they want it changed, they can easily get the palette and change all that's white to orange. And the Panda form can be based off the Bad Panda.

Doesn't seem to hard. ALl they need to do is size adjustments.

Yes, but you have to take into consideration how much money that costs. A few size ajustments aren't as cheap as you think

• Khalfani - Harshlands
    edited October 2009
    Aren't you being a little bit to unrealistically negative about this?
    Sure it's best to think of the consequences of certain actions such as these, but say for instance that it does cost a bunch of money, which I think is kind of... odd, judging by the palette they use to design their skins.
    Here are the tideborn's skin:
    http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1381/pwi12.png
    http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1817/pwi22.png

Which looks reminiscent to this one life SIMulator game which I will SIMply not mention here (because of the rules, no, not really, I just like workarounds) - in designing clothing and stuff.
    Edit: I forgot to finish my main point in this - I was gonna go for "It's simplicity in creation and design makes it lean towards a 'no, this probably wont make it that expensive'")
    (Reminiscent in the terms that you can create your own designs with that similar palette.)

But I digress.

I think that if this cash shop modification is kept out for a long period of time, the ends justify the means. Even if it does cost alot, it'll make up for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I think it would be a great idea to see all different kinds of "tigers".

It would add a nice look to the game.
This discussion has been closed.