Comments

• chesticles
    chesticles Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    TBH Alt Tab is a Windows issue.

Some games can fix it, some cant.

To avoid this, play in Window mode.

You can make the window just smaller then your screen so you can easily minimize instead of alt tabbing.
  • Fallen_Grace - Dreamweaver
    Fallen_Grace - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    How about dropping the window play line. Playing in windowed mode is completely lame. It wouldnt be a Windows issue since i havent done a single thing to Windows files but to client files. I do have the newest version of vid card drivers and DX, and no it isn't a heat issue. So instead of blaming everything but the client try to solve the client issues. And for the record it doesn't matter whether I Alt Tab out and back in, or Alt Tab out and click the task bar back in, or Window Key out Alt Tab back in, or Window Key out click task bar back in, most times it crashes. Browser type also has nothing to do with it because it has crashed with no browser open as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ^ yep.

out of curiosity - has anyone been sending the crash/bug reports it generates? I sent it the first time it happened only, but there was nowhere to attach a dxdiag report or anything else of the sort. I guess I'll follow up with that ticket link that darthpanda provided (whenever I get around to not being lazy again).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yes i have sent in 3 error reports so far.

And this has only started happening with me since patch 182. Never before.

I will try and download the language thing. I hope it helps.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Is getting really annoying. Can we expect a fix anytime soon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Did you try running in Windowed mode?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    wait didnt u say we can send our DxDiag info (in a text document) in a ticket?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Did you enable the East Asian Language support yet?

Did you try running the game in Windowed mode?

You will get asked the same questions as on here.

We try to help you here first if we can. Sending in a ticket isn't as quick, because it can take 1-5 business days to reply to you because human eyes look at your log files. b:surrender
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Maybe some of us don't get a resolution we like in windowed mode... x_x Or maybe the game runs slower in windowed mode.

Mods/GMs... I know you guys don't have power over the game files, but really. Why do you always tell us to just run in window? The game used to run in full-screen and we were able to alt-tab out with no problems. Something in the recent patches cauesd this. Could we at least know that the issue is being looked at instead of just being told "oh well, just run it windowed"? >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    ...because human eyes look at your log files. b:surrender

That reminds me to be nice to telemarketers, and customer service people. They're real, not just computers. b:chuckle
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i dun use alt+tab

i use Ctrl+Esc

or i just press the little windows button

you know the one with the logo

i haven't had any problems with it so far

but this might not have anything to do with how you exit
    so i dono
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That reminds me to be nice to telemarketers, and customer service people. They're real, not just computers. b:chuckle

b:shocked
    I thought darthpanda was some sort of cybernetic organic panda who happens to be able to move objects with his mind through bacteria in his blood?
    (O.o)'
    he's even got a light saber.
    =O
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I did all that was suggested, and it still crashes in full screen mode.

Will I have to play in window mode forever? Because that really nerfs my gaming experience.....

Im pretty sure its a common coding issue that is not being addressed. Please look it over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I usually use the Windows button and it crashes. Didn't before to this degree.

Latest drivers, East Asian languages. Crashes least in Window mode, but I can't have the same full 1600x900 resolution in Window mode (it stops stretching after awhile). Gets annoying cause I tend to use full screen to have a ton of looking space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Agreed, considering the massive amount of windows and menus that you need to have on your character, even if you arent a veno, window mode really is unpleasant when you are on the game for an extended period of time. Not to mention the small text.

Window mode does crash less, I have had a few instances where it still crashes and that oh-so-lovely bug report comes up.

Did I mention that bug report never shows up on any other game or program on my computer? Just PWI.

• samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Could you guys add a keyboard combination to switch between full mode and window mode, 50% of the time I alt tab out of the game it crashes, and in windows mode looks ugly and small or ugly and out of proportion if resized.

I think a combination like shift + ctrl + enter to switch between windows/full screen mode should be nice.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The bug report error pops up, and the game crashes, when the video chipset that you have can't handle and effect of the game, or something can't be rendered properly.

Check the log files with Notepad in the

C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\logs

and see which texture, or model the game had compatibility issues with.

This should help you assess what is going on.

Try experimenting changing around the in-game graphic settings to see if you can get the crashes from occurring.

The game engine is more technically advanced then most people assume for a Free-2-Play game. Turning down the different graphic settings can be very helpful.
  • HealHamsta - Lost City
    HealHamsta - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The bug report error pops up, and the game crashes, when the video chipset that you have can't handle and effect of the game, or something can't be rendered properly.

Check the log files with Notepad in the

C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\logs

and see which texture, or model the game had compatibility issues with.

This should help you assess what is going on.

Try experimenting changing around the in-game graphic settings to see if you can get the crashes from occurring.

The game engine is more technically advanced then most people assume for a Free-2-Play game. Turning down the different graphic settings can be very helpful.

Seriously?
    b:shocked not in my case. X_x' I set pretty much everything off/lowest possible setting (side effect of me FPS gaming habits)
    still crashes pretty much only when I alt tab from firefox.
    (O.o)'

(I'll check out my setting again once more when I can actually play like tomorrow or something) T.T
  • Della_Brown - Heavens Tear
    Della_Brown - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Since old logs aren't kept, I can't help much in that regard, but after tweaking my settings, it won't crash on alt-tab, anymore, when it would every 2nd or 3rd time, up to a day and a half ago (so, same patch). Is there common hardware/drivers among alt-tab crash occurrences, I wonder?

If anyone wants to try mimicking, if they can, and seeing what happens...

Game:
    Textures: max, distance: max, water: mid, refraction: open, trees: 2/5, flowers: 4/5, clouds: 2/5, terrain: max, shadows and vsync on.

7300GT (like a 7600GT, but slow and cheap), Forceware 190.38 on Win7 RC 64-bit (in order of display, so abbreviations should be obvious):
    Ansio: 2x, aniso gamma: off, AA: 2x, AA trans: MS, tex clamp: hardware, error reporting: off, ext limit: off, max prerendered: 3, mixed-GPU: single-display performance, ansio mip filter optimization: off, aniso sample optimization: on, neg LOD bias: clamp, tex quality: performance, trilinear optimization: off, threaded optimization: on, triple-buffering: on, vsync: force on.
    "adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:" - Santacruz
  • Omnee - Heavens Tear
    Omnee - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I submitted tickets..I sent in reports...just so they could tell me it was my computers fault? I played PWI on a piece of **** computer for 7 months and never had a problem. I buy a new computer...it runs great =D I get a nice new NVidia card...it runs even better <3 Patch 182 comes out and I get crashes..but it is my computers fault?

I am sorry but my computer did not make the patch =(

Also..I WOULD play in Window Mode..if I didn't have eye problems and could read the little font. Already hard enough for me to read it on fullscreen.

I am not complaining..I can live with it..they have other things to fix..like the..going bald in the water thing. b:victory or is that my computer too? =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The log files in the logs folder that I mentioned in my earlier post are not deleted. It is added to, with new lines, the newest issues at the bottom of the text file.
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Omnee

b:shocked

You...

Stole....

Darth's

EAR!!!

b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Also Risen wana not post new threads on topics that already exist?

(^.^)
    please and thank you.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=443302
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2009
    Options
    He's more machine now than bear...
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• darthpanda16
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I think you guy's hijacked this b:thanks

Sadly Surtr, I believe you are right. b:cry
  • Kiralsha - Heavens Tear
    Kiralsha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I will fix it..if everything mentioned and tried doesn't work..I will find a way *poses*

And as for Darth's ear..it is NOT my fault he pulled a light saber out on me =(

(Omnee btw..just under my new Charries name *magic sound*)
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    He's more machine now than bear...
    I think you guy's hijacked this b:thanks

Sadly Surtr, I believe you are right.

b:shocked me found some photos of darth before Omnee got his ear. >.<'

71f2eb90c9c66de2097835174410058c.jpg
    red-eyed-terminator-cat.png

Okie back on topic. Yar messing around with the video settings appears to help a little. (well I did it backwards I usually have everything at lowest possible settings so I started ramping up setting which led to... a little bit more crashes) =O
    Either that or it's all in my head.
    xD
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiralsha - Heavens Tear
    Kiralsha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Okay darthie..Question >.>

What is Angelica 3D? Well I mean I know it is a modeling software but it is plastered all over my log files wth this:

A3DSkinModel::Load, Cannot open file Models\Players\

and Terrain. I tried turning down settings but didn't help. Any other tips? =) Imma try working on it as well now that I kinda know what is going on but pointers are always welcome.
This discussion has been closed.