Veno pvp.

Options
KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
KarmaXIce - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
edited April 2009 in Venomancer
Ok i made a veno on harshlands, trying to figure out some general veno pvp tactics, more specifically what do you think are the strong points of the builds in combat? what would a light armored veno use in pvp? how does a robe veno prevent from being an archer snack? how does a heavy veno prevent from being an archer snack?
AndromedaB :"i was just wondering why the will of the phoenix doesn't work in duels"b:bye
Post edited by KarmaXIce - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    No tactics, just nuke. I'm pure mag and archers are easy. They take loads of damage...in open pvp it's just whoever attacks 1st. In duels, I usually win. ;o

Only class thats lame is BM or barb. Sometimes even kiting doesn't work.
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Of course there are tactics in PvP, Litarature you must be one of those venos that hides behind their pet and give venos a bad name....

In PvP there are always tactics that you will use on one class that you may/may not use on another. In General though your 'tactics' that you specifically use are largely dependant on your build type.

Unfortunately for most, they think getting a phoenix and going heavy is best bc you have a lower chance of dieing at the hands of a phys dmg dealer. However taking this route severly cripples the amount of dmg that you can do yourself. Alas, you are stuck khiding behind your pet, and if the other person realizes it, they can go after your pet. Yes, chances are you can heal faster than they dmg, but if they do take your pet out, youre toast... Going Heavy however does have its benifits in TW's where large groups of people may be attacking you at once, but once again your dmg is crippled and you cant really do much against them except take a beating and watch your charm tick.

I've never experimented with light armor, but from what i have seen, there is not very many advantages to going LA over just solo TT'ing, earning money and sharding your equipment with HP and a few phys def shards.

As far as tactics, i can let you know what i do for each class but it WILL differ for everyone due to build and what youve invested in.

My recommendation is to get some dolls and go around to some higher lvl places and ask for a 1v1 for fun. Your goal in this is to kill the other player of course, but if you really cant, live as long as possible. This will greatly help you on your quest to becoming a better PvP veno. (Do not dual and think you are learning something, clerics can be the hardest people to dual with but in PvP, most are left running)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Puma dont tell anyone my secrets! How dare you! I'll hide behind my Pewpew, you cant stop me. :O

random strategies in no specific order:

Purge if target is heavily buffed, specially barb hp buff
    Potentially amp if you have time
    Call opponent noob
    Spam leach in foxform to stay alive longer
    Ironwood to do more pet damage
    Stun.. to stun
    Stunning blow in foxform to run away from melee, or stop people trying to kite you
    Run to safezone and QQ
    Spark --> nuke
    Bramble to defend from spark or to just defend in general
    Use potions and defense orbs
    Tbag corpse, just to show off
    Soul trans when hp is low and charm's on cooldown

All viable strategies.
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    hmmm im assuming a lot of venos just chat about rare pets rather than the venos actual pvp spells/skills o_O
    AndromedaB :"i was just wondering why the will of the phoenix doesn't work in duels"b:bye
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Oh forgot to mention Purging your opponent after they spark, very useful.
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    robe veno = 1 shot by archer? even in foxform?
  • Sadpuma - Heavens Tear
    Sadpuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    obsessed has a great point! purge after spark, the single greatest use of purge against lvl 89+'s

>:-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If you have the chi, start with hood before the countdown starts.

Intro with Lucky scarab to stun the enemy, leading to an ironwood to allow your pet to do some damage (Make sure it has flesh ream.)

From there nuke it :P. If youre taking too much dmg, soul transfuse or Metabolic boost as needed. Thats my strat, hope it helps. It generally wins duels unless I get stunned first :P
    edited April 2009
    Options
    robe veno = 1 shot by archer? even in foxform?

no archers cannot one hit venos. theyd like to think they can but its only a dream
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    :( do robes drop to the smallest bit of physical pressure like wizards do?
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It's called get a phoenix, set flesh ream as skill, and press alt+f1.

Personally I only really have experience pvping with a nix so what I do is send nix in to bleed, if they're buffed I purge and amp, if not I just open with a stun and then as my nix bleeds I use nix stun while I use ironwood and proceed to spam venemous. Basically kills any robe or LA... for heavies its a little harder. Haven't fought too many wrs but for a wb, get his hp to ~60%, buff wipe and amp, switch out to human and give him all you got. Open with a lucky, proceed to ironwood, bleed, nix stun, and venemous spam.

I do rely on pounce (phoenix stun) a lot, it's really useful. Just don't forget to buffwipe and use amp whenever possible. 20% damage = assloads.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It's called get a phoenix, set flesh ream as skill, and press alt+f1.

Personally I only really have experience pvping with a nix so what I do is send nix in to bleed, if they're buffed I purge and amp, if not I just open with a stun and then as my nix bleeds I use nix stun while I use ironwood and proceed to spam venemous. Basically kills any robe or LA... for heavies its a little harder. Haven't fought too many wrs but for a wb, get his hp to ~60%, buff wipe and amp, switch out to human and give him all you got. Open with a lucky, proceed to ironwood, bleed, nix stun, and venemous spam.

I do rely on pounce (phoenix stun) a lot, it's really useful. Just don't forget to buffwipe and use amp whenever possible. 20% damage = assloads.

i will get a phoenix soon but are you a light or robe or heavy veno? not many pvping venos are in light o_O either heavy or robe
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Venos can be successful in any armor, I'm light though, kinda biased from my mage. Decent matk good hp decent defenses. If I do get 9x on my veno I plan to do either robe or light.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Blah dont listen to ****, thats one of the kind of comments that makes venos look bad. Phoenix = no skill. Now, robe vs LA (dont even consider heavy caster its just plain stupid to try and be a caster with heavy, youll be stuck with embarassing weapons and damage only to live melee hits? stupid. leave HA to melee venos :P)

LA gives up a little damage for a bit of crit%/better physical defense, theyre a bit more flexible, but have less HP to work with. Their stats take a bit of juggling to manage, but overall theyre.. pretty decent.

Casters can go pure mag, and try to bomb their enemy before they die, or be vit/mag without any worry about other stats. Venos get 13 more hp per vit than other classes that use magic.(my caster is Mag/Vit and'll have ~4k/7k mp hp by 90 :P)

Rather than being another robot clone veno that presses the flesh ream button on a phoenix... learn the class, practice, and become good. Learn its strengths and dont push its weaknesses, and eventually youll get really good :O. (I dont pvp :D)
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Blah dont listen to ****, thats one of the kind of comments that makes venos look bad. Phoenix = no skill. Now, robe vs LA (dont even consider heavy caster its just plain stupid to try and be a caster with heavy, youll be stuck with embarassing weapons and damage only to live melee hits? stupid. leave HA to melee venos :P)

LA gives up a little damage for a bit of crit%/better physical defense, theyre a bit more flexible, but have less HP to work with. Their stats take a bit of juggling to manage, but overall theyre.. pretty decent.

Casters can go pure mag, and try to bomb their enemy before they die, or be vit/mag without any worry about other stats. Venos get 13 more hp per vit than other classes that use magic.(my caster is Mag/Vit and'll have ~4k/7k mp hp by 90 :P)

Rather than being another robot clone veno that presses the flesh ream button on a phoenix... learn the class, practice, and become good. Learn its strengths and dont push its weaknesses, and eventually youll get really good :O. (I dont pvp :D)
    I **** in your general direction.

I'm a heavy armor caster, it works quite well. My weapon and armors are far from embarassing(TT90), and I have plenty of HP from refinements to survive most magical damage.

I R feared. Not even gonna bother breaking down the rest of your post... Though I will agree more venos need to L2Play.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

You're dumb. Robe/vit build and you only plan to have 4k hp by 90? I've got 4k hp now and I'm a LA build.

Also, if you don't PVP, what are you doing giving advice in a pvp thread?

Nix works in pvp. Sure its cheap but its beatable. A lot of people have enough HP that the bleed alone won't kill them, and a lot of people know to use a pot/purify to get out of it anyways.

My tip: don't neglect using your sparks. We can one shot people too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Options
    @90 Veno.
    90+ with a **** load of money invested in gears doesnt mean everyone has the money to let that be a viable build, seeing as thats the only time its viable >.>

@your mom
    A robe build going all mag and a little bit of str for gears isnt going to have 4k hp >.> (yes, there are some of those out there)

a duel is not considered pvp imo, and thats what my advice is for. not white name PKing where everything can go south by some Q_Qer calling his homies to come jumpy your scrawny veno ****.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    @90 Veno.
    90+ with a **** load of money invested in gears doesnt mean everyone has the money to let that be a viable build, seeing as thats the only time its viable >.>

@your mom
    A robe build going all mag and a little bit of str for gears isnt going to have 4k hp >.> (yes, there are some of those out there)

a duel is not considered pvp imo, and thats what my advice is for. not white name PKing where everything can go south by some Q_Qer calling his homies to come jumpy your scrawny veno ****.
    On the contrary, it is essentially the same price as ANY 90+ build, maybe even cheaper. Seeing as Robe/LA will go for channeling gear, which generally costs more then +stat gear. Only difference is I spent 1mil on restat scrolls zomg!
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm a heavy armor caster, it works quite well. My weapon and armors are far from embarassing(TT90), and I have plenty of HP from refinements to survive most magical damage.
    How is TT90 thats heavily refined -not- expensive?
  • Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear
    Polyhymnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    If you have the chi, start with hood before the countdown starts.
    .before the countdown starts.
    the countdown

Duels are so pro.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Duels actually prove who is better. No random back shooting, no hiding behind cash shop items, both players are fully prepared.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Duels are so pro.

**** holes are in no short supply as usual
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Duels actually prove who is better. No random back shooting, no hiding behind cash shop items, both players are fully prepared.

Duels are too quick. A real fight shouldn't last 5 seconds.

imo large scale pvp shows who is better, better organization, communication, cooperation wins. 10v10 or more is so much fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2009
    Options
    thats what TW is for :P. But always ends up like a fest of who can get the bigger party. 1v1 in TW? thats funny
    edited April 2009
    Options
    How is TT90 thats heavily refined -not- expensive?
    I didnt say it wasnt expensive, I said it wasnt any -more- expensive then robe or light armor. Pretty much 99% of people who reach 90+ will get a TT90 set. So it wouldnt cost extra money to make it viable, compared to other builds.

You said it costs assloads of money to make it viable, and I was pointing out it doesnt cost any more then the other builds.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    vs other venos:

when they bramble hood before rushing to u, *buff* them first :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I have to say otherwise... on sanc of course, our best faction is barely starting to take down Ancient Evil, (Theres only one weapon on the server which has mats from him made) TT90 is relatively 'freakin expensive' here :P. OP is from sanc too so you gotta take that into account
  • KarmaXIce - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    vs other venos:

when they bramble hood before rushing to u, *buff* them first :D

now we're getting somewhere b:victory