Debate? Unfair Rulings - via Faction.

Comments

• Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ..Really? your that polite and accepting, you banned a guildy of mine for posting a pic of one of your members PKing at the cube entrance.

When you say "you", you certainly don't mean "me".
  • Neokaiser - Sanctuary
    Neokaiser - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sorry meant Nef Moderators not Captain Price.
    If I was a pro forum alt I'd be level 1 by now.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Sorry meant Nef Moderators not Captain Price.

Could it be that your friend decided it would be wise to post it in the Rules section of the forums, which literally contains 1 thread (The Rules >_>)? Could it be that your friend was a rude or insulting in his post?
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Could it be that your friend decided it would be wise to post it in the Rules section of the forums, which literally contains 1 thread (The Rules >_>)? Could it be that your friend was a rude or insulting in his post?

Could it be that mods could've moved said post? COULD IT BE THAT I'M BATMAN?

It very well could
    2710279593_d22e030821.jpg

EDIT: bigger picture than I'd thought...

But anyways, this thread is insane. Monopoly on pots is cool and all, but players getting in trouble for even going near 1k NPC? That's a bit over-the-top
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Neokaiser - Sanctuary
    Neokaiser - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    No it was a picture of him getting PKed by N**C******* at the cube spawn point. The mods deleted the post and IP banned him.
    If I was a pro forum alt I'd be level 1 by now.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    No it was a picture of him getting PKed by N**C******* at the cube spawn point. The mods deleted the post and IP banned him.

Assuming that it was in the right section and was not insulting, then that is a shame. You can still mail me though, I have no shame in posting things there.
  • Espionize - Sanctuary
    Espionize - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol, lets keep this on topic so anyone hear any more insane and unfair rulings? perhaps compare and contras.

Just so everyone knows, this isn't about bad mouthing but to stay on topic about unfair rulings and is it constitutional to the Players?
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Just so everyone knows, this isn't about bad mouthing but to stay on topic about unfair rulings and is it constitutional to the Players?

You are aware of course that the way you phrase your question is already biased?

As for an answer; its not against the PW ToS, and it is just an opinion whether or not such a privation is excessive. Start an opinion poll maybe...
  • Espionize - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    You are aware of course that the way you phrase your question is already biased?

As for an answer; its not against the PW ToS, and it is just an opinion whether or not such a privation is excessive. Start an opinion poll maybe...

Its bias'd cause you see it as that. I don't wanna do a poll really...
    (EDIT)Underlining my words enforces the thought and makes people pick out the worse in conversation. Please don't.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Its bias'd cause you see it as that. I don't wanna do a poll really...

You stated your opinion (Bias) in the very question (Heck in the very title to this thread, the key word being: "Unfair"). This influences the kinds of responses you will receive.

Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_many_questions
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You stated your opinion (Bias) in the very question (Heck in the very title to this post, the key word being: "Unfair"). This influences the kinds of responses you will receive.

A wiki link? This just got SERIOUS.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_so_serious

(I like the answer xD.)
  • Espionize - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    You stated your opinion (Bias) in the very question (Heck in the very title to this post, the key word being: "Unfair"). This influences the kinds of responses you will receive.

I'm not really going to continue to kid this argument, its not based on the question or what its asked, your just picking words outb:chuckle. So repeated from my last post, any other unfairness? Since that is the topic.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    I'm not really going to continue to kid this argument, its not based on the question or what its asked, your just picking words outb:chuckle. So repeated from my last post, any other unfairness? Since that is the topic.

Repeating yourself, doesn't disprove my claim that you are asking a loaded question. You can ignore it, but it doesn't make it any less real =/ . (You wanted a debate right?)
  • Espionize - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Repeating yourself, doesn't disprove my claim that you are asking a loaded question. You can ignore it, but it doesn't make it any less real =/ . (You wanted a debate right?)

About FACTION unfairness. not "Pick out every one of Espionize's words"
    I'm not there to talk about players individual...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Altho rules and regulations may be necessary, my opinion on this is that they may be going a bit more than they should.
    I guess its the way a guild is organized, ESPECIALLY because its a game. More bent towards communism than a pples democracy, since putting up a potential debate for a member may eventually lead to their kick if it sways toward a non-officer side. (for no apparent reason than nuisance to the officer even tho it may be the voice of the lower fac members) Basically its a kids world, you take it or leave it. There will be no mature adult debates in this.
    (and yes im taking this from a neutral point of view. I just came back from a union contract negotiation meeting and boy did this sound familiar...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I don't think communism is the word you want, communism is more of an economic model than a model of government, like capitalism. A communist game would mean rather than players buying, selling, and trading items they'd be allocated the weapons, armour, potions, etc. that they need, nothing more or less.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited August 2009

seriousnfm.jpg
    I don't think communism is the word you want, communism is more of an economic model than a model of government, like capitalism. A communist game would mean rather than players buying, selling, and trading items they'd be allocated the weapons, armour, potions, etc. that they need, nothing more or less.

communistpartyfz7eb3.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    well any type of government where the higher ups get the last say fair or not or your out kinda governing system. Hell you can call it microsoftpizzahut, name dont really matter but you get the overall idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver
    Rurik_Niall - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That would be a fascist government.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    O.o

cant leg members do that too then lulz

the pots are like 100k in AH

easy buy...
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Devs should make the apoths available to make for all,that'd teach em.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    to me. its faction efford to get the land. no1 else can make. to me yea.. officers can make a rule like that if they want. supposed to give an advantage holding the land, if everyone have them its not rly an advantage.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    to me. its faction efford to get the land. no1 else can make. to me yea.. officers can make a rule like that if they want. supposed to give an advantage holding the land, if everyone have them its not rly an advantage.

Leg has a vl 1 land too >_>
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ye whatever. different faction. different rules. their own choice. and I dont know your guys map lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    o_o i wanna hear a GM reply on how serious theses members are taking the game. <.< just what they think

Spoon please o.o?
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    You are allowed to set rules for your faction and if the rules are not followed you can alter the rules or apply the punishment.

If you are unhappy with the rules for a faction quit the faction or talk to the leader and ask for a change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • HerBuffSlave - Sanctuary
    HerBuffSlave - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ye whatever. different faction. different rules. their own choice. and I dont know your guys map lol.

our map only has 2 guilds owning land. lol we suck horribly.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    our map only has 2 guilds owning land. lol we suck horribly.

Or then we just have a situation where all the good players end up in Nefarious or Legendary.
    o_o i wanna hear a GM reply on how serious theses members are taking the game. <.< just what they think

Spoon please o.o?

Not gonna happen, it's week end, you'll have to wait until Monday.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    A gm is not going to get involved with guild drama anyway. Truth be told like others say you need to find a different faction or make your own. If the faction is harassing players and barring them from playing the game that's different. In this case they just want to monopolize something. You just need to decide if you wan't to stay with this guild or go to another one. Really if you play the game to do TW than stay, but if you play just for the fun, then do what makes you happy. Really simple, players shouldn't let others bully them into something they feel is wrong.

Nefarious may be a big guild but too much conflict can easily crumble it and another will take it place. Lol haven't seen a guild yet that hasn't been bested by others, just a matter of time. It won't matter what they do there is always someone bigger, smarter, and better.