Debate? Unfair Rulings - via Faction.

Espionize - Sanctuary
Espionize - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Major question, Is a faction, that controls a land, allowed to control how players play?(Blacksmith, Herbalor, Tailor, Crafting)

This has been a thought but isn't it against gaming protocol for a Faction (On any game) to tell its members to not make certain items, or exclusive faction right products in the game? Thats not Fair to those wanting to excel in the game through the type experiences. right?

EX: "(nonamefaction)" tell its members to not even come close to One thousand Stream, Officer of Streams, and if they were to even be near this guy they were to be kicked from Faction. You must ask the officers to make the items for you. The faction has placed a "camera" for any members who come in this area of the NPC.

1)These players would like to make certain items from the NPC and will not be allowed to being faced with a "threat".

2)Is game monitoring without official GM or Perfect World Entertainment word.

3)This only lets the officers become better in the game and doesn't allow progression through out the rest that reside in the faction.

So Is this allowed?
Post edited by Espionize - Sanctuary on

Comments

• HolyInferno - Sanctuary
    HolyInferno - Sanctuary Posts: 767 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    so nefarious is freaking out because their members are selling ironguards all over the server? lol, GL with the monitoring, you guys are uber awesome
    b:bye you were all swell peoples
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There are cameras in Thousand Streams?!

I need to rethink some things in that case...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Of course they are allowed to set their own rules for the faction, if you don't like it, find another faction... They aren't exploiting any bugs, just exploiting people too scared to find another faction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    There are cameras in Thousand Streams?!

I need to rethink some things in that case...

LMAO....ahhhh yes the CQ Web Cam 1 and 2 and ...................

Just wave next time you see them.

And remember people....they are watching b:shocked

On a more serious note....you have free will to not be in any of those factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    wtf is ironguard?
    edited August 2009
    wtf is ironguard?

play more, catshop less and you'll find out b:cute
  • Zyhara - Sanctuary
    Zyhara - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My God, this is hilarious! Wow, get out of there now.

Yes, they are allowed to make any rule they want for their faction members, if you don't like it, leave, which.. you should.. and any member of said *cough* faction should as well, unless they're stupid.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    If you don't like it then get out of guild. but funny is... that rule can only apply to non core or mid-low level members. any half decent player isn't going to care for such a rule.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    wtf is ironguard?

Level 6 Apoth Pot ---> Immune to all damage for 12 seconds

(You cannot make the Level 6 Apoth pots unless in a faction that owns a Level 1 Land....QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• cloezy1
    cloezy1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Nefarious....more like Hilarious.
    (\-/)
    (o.o)

This is Bunny. Bunny wants to Rule the world.
    Put this in your sig to help Bunny to World Domination.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    cloezy1 wrote: »
    Nefarious....more like Hilarious.

Actually, I think that Nefarious is quite accurate.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    A faction can set whatever rules they want. If you don't like, it was never your faction to begin with so leave. You will be better off anyways.

BTW, I work for one of the leading permiter security companies in the world in RL. We just setup sensors and camera system the other week for Nefarious in and around Thousand Stream.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    A faction can set whatever rules they want. If you don't like, it was never your faction to begin with so leave. You will be better off anyways.

BTW, I work for one of the leading permiter security companies in the world in RL. We just setup sensors and camera system the other week for Nefarious in and around Thousand Stream.

^^ This just proves that people take this game WWWAAAAYYYY to seriously...LMAO

Wow....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ^^ This just proves that people take this game WWWAAAAYYYY to seriously...LMAO

Wow....

I hope you can detect the joke in that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Lol,thats nerdism at its height that is.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • XFIienx - Heavens Tear
    XFIienx - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Change faction.
    ~ Yesterday is history, Today is a gift, Tomorrow is mystery ~
  • Rhyss - Dreamweaver
    Rhyss - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    My Faction is good solid fun. They really help people. They offer to craft things or offer some mats here and there. Sounds to me like your decision is actually easier than you think.

Just leave and find a faction that is better for you than the one you are in.

Cheers
    Rhyss - Ever friendly Cleric.
    Guild - Exiled
    <---- I am not a boy b:chuckle
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Have u looked at our map at all? or even the leader board
    change faction isnt such an easy option <.< and they know it, thats why they can get away with it. with there being only a few factions with most of the high lvls, getting groups together for the high lvl instances is getting harder, if anything it takes alot of guts, they will want to go to another high faction and there rnt many like that
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I hope you can detect the joke in that...

You think I did not? b:chuckle

My point was simply that it would not surprise me in the least...besides, we have webcams in Lost City b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited August 2009

that is... just... that's just sad... seek therapeutic help, seriously b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I have never made a potion at 1K Streams in my life, but when I heard about that little policy change in the faction I'm in, I nearly blew a gasket (rebellious nature). However, after thinking about it, I decided that it was a small enough sacrifice *to me* that I would cope with it (For now xD).

What would really trouble me is if I was too afraid to speak up as to have to post this with an alias. If it really bothers you that much make a coherent argument against it, and feel free to post it in the Nefarious forums as opposed to this publicly. I sure as heck don't see any debate regarding this there.

This would lead me to conclude that either; A. OP is not related to Nefarious as others have implied (stirring up drama perhaps), or B. OP is incapable of debating this in his own faction for some reason. If its B, don't be scared, they (probably) won't bite. If any faction is going to kick you for speaking your mind then it was probably best not to be there anyways.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just remember.

They are watching.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Wow, Nefarious fail....badly. Talk about driven for power and nerdism gone too far. So you reign "supreme" in an internet computer game at the cost of sacrificing all fun, enjoyment, morals and respect. Suit yourself.

We've all heard the rumours about nef, driving members to power level, going spaz on small factions that grab a single piece of land, treating their own like ****, I don't see why they bother. No one looks at nef and says "wow, what an amazing faction of dedicated ppl".... no, it's more like "lol nef, what fail". Why do the members even stick up for that? No one respects you. Get the heck out of there and join a faction that actually cares about enjoying the game, if you're one of the best there is, you don't need to be an arrogant jerk to take over the map.

On a side note this really made me lol b:laugh a heck of a lot! How ridiculous can you get? Who ever implied this rule, your faction is a laughing stock :p
    edited August 2009
    Wow, Nefarious fail....badly. Talk about driven for power and nerdism gone too far. So you reign "supreme" in an internet computer game at the cost of sacrificing all fun, enjoyment, morals and respect. Suit yourself.

We've all heard the rumours about nef, driving members to power level, going spaz on small factions that grab a single piece of land, treating their own like ****, I don't see why they bother. No one looks at nef and says "wow, what an amazing faction of dedicated ppl".... no, it's more like "lol nef, what fail". Why do the members even stick up for that? No one respects you. Get the heck out of there and join a faction that actually cares about enjoying the game, if you're one of the best there is, you don't need to be an arrogant jerk to take over the map.

On a side note this really made me lol b:laugh a heck of a lot! How ridiculous can you get? Who ever implied this rule, your faction is a laughing stock :p

harsh....

but a good read b:cute
  • Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I also could care less about getting my apothecary skill higher then level 3. Even as it is now I hardly ever use it. The only one I would even considering leveling up would be my tailor or blacksmith skill
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    LMFAO

I hope that noone took me serious. b:laugh

I do work for a leading private security company in the world but why the hell would be have anything to do with a video game. Unless someone wants us to design something for a couple of MIL then I am sure we can work something out.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    LMFAO

I do work for a leading private security company in the world but why the hell would be have anything to do with a video game. Unless someone wants us to design something for a couple of MIL then I am sure we can work something out.

We go talk....we can Ninja the server together b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dianocus - Sanctuary
    Dianocus - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    LMFAO

I didn't take you seriously but then again I would not be surprised if someone actually used real life means to keep watch on a game. Some people can take a game way to far (ie WOW, D&D etc etc)b:laugh
  • XME_Norou - Dreamweaver
    XME_Norou - Dreamweaver Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I didn't take you seriously but then again I would not be surprised if someone actually used real life means to keep watch on a game. Some people can take a game way to far (ie WOW, D&D etc etc)b:laugh

wow.. I'm picturing a person who runs a 'camera' character leaving something like FRAPS running or just a video recorder pointed at the screen while hes sleeping.. so he can catch all those evil wanna-be apothecaries the next day.

.. I think I just died a little on the inside.
    XME_Norou: lvl 8x Archer, pure Dex build.
    Proud *EX* Member of XBushidoXb:victory

Done with PWI, moved on to my next game.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Just......wow..
    There is a point where a TW faction needs to be careful and restrict SOME things. But such a move on nefarious' part regarding freedom of crafting items which may give a few more seconds advantage of lv5 ones, when they have like 300+ members including their sister faction, and are like the biggest faction atm, just says that they have no balls.
    "We are the biggest faction atm, but we will **** a brick and freak out if any members go near 1K. Lv6 apothecarys will be our doom. Seriously."

SasakiSayuri's forum quote "Leaders of Tomorrow ^_--" is probably crying now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan