Pking solo: Archer or Mage?

13»

Comments

• megamorphosis
    megamorphosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    at 9x lvls, LA mage would own archer HARDCORE ! Pure mage.....there is a chance for archer .

High evasion on archers is only dependable before 9x ....after that melee classes wont miss that much, with 1 or 2 misty on their equips, and as an archer u know that 1 or 2 hits for u is SO enough.

archer = super low hp, super low phys def, super high phys atk......which thanks to earth barrier+LA build u wont do a shi.t on mages! and dont tell me do ur magic attacks on them, u want to compare ur magic to a mage ? dont make me laugh !

IN THE END : NIX > GOD, BLEED = DIE ****
  • Rebutia - Harshlands
    Rebutia - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    (all the venos I know get flattened by BMs their own level... and sometimes lower =_=")...

Lilxifire, elaborate... I want to know what happens in Harshlands >=D

In my limited experience, properly built fox form venos can deal with blademasters near their own level (but can not deal with archers twice their level). [This was a couple days ago, in secret passage, where one of each jumped me.]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    @Gyakusatsu
    that's cuz most of the experienced veno pkers on sanct that i know of have left, most of the ones on the rankings come from TW kills anyway, and a lot of them have left too :x. i have no idea who these venos that you speak of that remain are, never even see 9x venos pk these days :/.

@the above, are you talking about the pure mages with 10k+ pdef self-buffed?

um...archers can get somewhere around 5k-6k hp unbuffed at 9x (while maintaining pure dex build)...how the hell is 1 or 2 hits from a heavy enough to kill an archer? maybe if they zerk crit or land an arma or something, but you make it sound like archers commonly get 1-2shot by heavies. i get 1shot by this barb on my server w/ a +11 wep, but that's like...whatever

i'd say archers perform solidly in solo pk throughout most of their levels. other classes get better and better equipped at 9x, but archers do really well before that. even at 9x, if an archer can catch a robie or LA by surprise (preferably unbuffed too >.>), there is a pretty good chance that archer can succeed.

all in all be prepared to have a lot of apocs and defense charms and use genie skills a lot when pking with archer, and to spend a ****load on your equipment. too much hassle...lol
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archer, but only when you go demon and have at least quickshot. Can 2v1 and sometimes 3v1 against 99+ if you do it right. Understand that we aren't going to 1-shot most classes at high levels, but we do have interval on our side, which, with a high crit rate (30%+ works for me), is just as deadly.

But mages for group pvp and tw b:surrender
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notmalian - Sanctuary
    Notmalian - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I just read that clerics were good at pk due to debuffs, sleep etc...
    Well im cleric and i pk quite a lot, i have good gears for my level and what i can tell you is that i can defeat BMs, Archers, Venos and Wizz of my level quite easily, but clerics arent good DD.. i really have to get my 2sparks to get rid of high HP Bms alone, so its kinda difficult to kill any class alone while being a pk cleric. Its more like a support pk class...

And in my sense Wizz are a great PvP class (well depends on gears and lvl..)

Regards
  • BadBoii - Lost City
    BadBoii - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Any class is available to win endgame. (Not talkin of cashshop+12s)

But..

Venos have nyx = 2 vs 1 n debuff =/

Barbs have tons of Hp n predition which is their kill.. specially with gx.

Clerics can sleep n debuff ya n seal.. so they have a gud advantage too. also heal n a pdef shield :S

Bms can stun lock if their gud, i believe they have 2 stuns n 1 seal skill. n amplify

Wizards mostly depend on ultis to kill or DD with gush n pyro.. that like 3 hits/4hits

Archers depend on their cri n weapon damage.

So after all.. Wizards n Archers require of higher $ to become more succes. To be honest.

Just cus Archers pure dex n wizard pure magic = Squishy.. U will need to refine to 5-8 yar armor n +7-12 yar weapon to be available to take 2-3 people out. Now a days.

While venos. Can just get a nyx n a crappy gear n fly away n send the nyx kill the squishy ones n charmless.

Overall for Pk Venos will always be overpower. If ya know how to play it.