Pking solo: Archer or Mage?

Comments

• Angeldemono - Sanctuary
    Angeldemono - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i gtta say wizzy's got the upper hand in pvp cuz i get killed by em a lot but cleric if they r strong enough r good to cuz i c a lot of noob clerics that when u hit em they heal and run
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hiddenpower
    hiddenpower Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    OMG archer vs wiz there is hell no way that archer can kill wiz.only if they are hiding and shooting arrows like noobs.b:chuckle
    mag can kill archers like 2 hits that what i did today b:victory
    he was 5lvls higher but he underestimated me no one can mess with me only noobs b:laugh .
    if u wanna plzy like a noob say hello to my best friend lvl 100 well im lvl 80 lol.
    GL trying to kill me. im not red name xD. when im lvl 100 ur ALL DEAD b:sinb
  • _Miku_ - Lost City
    _Miku_ - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    o-o
    would a mage>nix veno endgame like how mage>archers endgame or is nix veno>mage
  • Boojangles - Lost City
    Boojangles - Lost City Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    ok take it from some one whoes pvped not only at high lvls but in his 30s and on a pvp server. Archers and mages r both good IF you know what ur doing. Mages r harder to play because u need to learn how to kite well. if u cant ur dead. mages sux low lvl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    o-o

a good mage can **** a veno. especially since they can 2 hit your pet, knock it back and seal it. without a nix you aren't out dding a mg's charm.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    a good mage can **** a veno. especially since they can 2 hit your pet, knock it back and seal it. without a nix you aren't out dding a mg's charm.

+1

10characters
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    o-o

Lol lvl 100 wiz can just 1 shoot the veno and the nix in 1 aoe <.<

Both archers and venos are jailbaits for 99+ wizards unless they backstab b:surrender
  • Abide - Harshlands
    Abide - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    In general discussion i've posted SS of 90 veno with perfect wood attack shards, and it's only one example of highlvl noob that i've seen in pw.

On 7X, good cleric hits hard. What's going to change on 90? Keep in mind that magick attack of cleric is equal to that of mage, and most skills are very similar.

Dude wth Clerics are not equal to that of mage. thats just stupid if thats the case u cud make a cleric hit like a wizard and heal yourself thats so eh w/e
    ~! Pkers Cons !~
    Pking Noobs = Raging Noobs = Noobs get high level ( Also feeling sorry that level 30's getting pked by 80s+ = Them same Noobs that was being pked and now is a higher level Thurst bang them same high levels that were pking them = Hurting the Clans that pk low level noobs because in the long run them same noobs might would of want to join your faction but now they think otherwise and go to another faction.

This is the life line i will live.

완벽한 세상이 프로.
  • Quizenbort - Dreamweaver
    Quizenbort - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    If have the means to get really good gear. Just go archer. If you spec a demon archer right and you like ganking ... there is nothing better.

agaisnt lvl 100s with self buffs you will do 5-12k crts deamon sparked normal attack vs robes and the same damage to other classes useing mental skills.

Your crt rate will be roughly 46% and your range will be about 14m with accuracy around 8500 (you will almost never miss)

For robes by the time they see the first shot them, your .8 attack rate will have fired 2-3 more shots.. dead.

BM and Barb.. pray for crt, or grab the lunar debuff bow and make quick work of their defences
  • kimikiyo
    kimikiyo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    take a veno and a Nix, that way u can pk and pwn without pay much

are you kidding? nix can cost up to $200+ of REAL money and the availablility to buy in-game is so limited you could almost reach end game before you have enough feathers. I know on harshlands the buy price is as much as 8k per feather (9999 x 8000 you do the math)
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    kimikiyo wrote: »
    are you kidding? nix can cost up to $200+ of REAL money and the availablility to buy in-game is so limited you could almost reach end game before you have enough feathers. I know on harshlands the buy price is as much as 8k per feather (9999 x 8000 you do the math)

Any idea where I can get the phoenix "without paying much" he was talking about?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1st off: this is at least a double necro

2nd:

archer > wizzie (until endgame)

endgame sage PURE-mag wizzie > all other classes (except maybe a perdi-build barb)

i say this from -cough-experience-cough- ...... simple fact is, said endgame sage pure-mag wizzie by far exceeds all other classes for pure unmitigated damage per hit. not sure about DPS versus archer, but DPS means [almost] nothing in fights that last less than 10 seconds (hell, i **** pure-dex archers of similar level with GS>SS>DP>triplespark>2sparkpot>tempest)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear
    _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    This is a thread about Archers & Mages so i really don't know why you people keep bringing up barbs.First of all,there is NO SUCH THING as a "Best" or "Better"
    class it just depends on how you build your character and how well you use it.
    a cleric and a barb the same lvl can pvp against each other and it is possible for the cleric to win if he/she actuall knows what he/she is doing.only thing that decides the winner of a PVP between an Archer or Cleric/Wizard is how good you use the class's
    specialty. Archer Vs. Veno is however a different subject because of the fact that its basically 2v1 here.Archer probably have to kite the pet and get out of the veno's range to avoid getting analy ****......by two things at the same time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arroweye - Heavens Tear
    Arroweye - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I think its hilarious that most of these posts are from carebear heaven's tear people... (Heaven's tear FTW b:laugh )

But yeah.

I've talked to alot of barbs about this (you guys might not agree)

Pure Archer pwns 1-60

Vit Barb pwns 1-60

Wizzy sucks till 79+

BM = to Archer but archer sorta surpasses them at 60.

Venos... unless you have a nix you have no reaosn to go into pk. you'll get slaughtered.

Clerics suck at pvp because its a difficult class to pk with. the ones that know how to do it are pretty freakin amazing though.
    Registration Date - October 4th, 2008

Pk Kills (485)
    Pk Deaths (57)
  • Arroweye - Heavens Tear
    Arroweye - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    1st off: this is at least a double necro

2nd:

archer > wizzie (until endgame)

endgame sage PURE-mag wizzie > all other classes (except maybe a perdi-build barb)

i say this from -cough-experience-cough- ...... simple fact is, said endgame sage pure-mag wizzie by far exceeds all other classes for pure unmitigated damage per hit. not sure about DPS versus archer, but DPS means [almost] nothing in fights that last less than 10 seconds (hell, i **** pure-dex archers of similar level with GS>SS>DP>triplespark>2sparkpot>tempest)

I tihnk you mixed up your < and >? xD

just imagine its like an alligator, the alligator wants to eat the squishiest thing ;)
    Registration Date - October 4th, 2008

Pk Kills (485)
    Pk Deaths (57)
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    No, I don't think she mixed up her greater and less than signs. End-game mages are not very squishy at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    clerics destory everything? rofl thats funny. they have sh1tty damage output compared to every class.

your a funny man.

Clearly this man needs to fight Ascii b:bye
    [img]http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/land-forces/15209d1247204376-indian-army-vs-american-army-holy_necroposting_batman.jpg[/img]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    if its wizzies vs archers for endgame well...wizzies duh

clerics are tricky to use...so are bm's their the 2 classes that realy HAVE to time everything just right but a well piloted cleric scares me more than any class in pwi....

in response to the bm = archer...lets rephrase that

vit build axe bm < archer

hybrid build bm = archer till 77 then is > than archer

high dex bm (3:2 or 5:2:1 builds) > archer

good news for you archers is that verry few bm's take the multi weapon path

this is asuming = skill level and = gears
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    axe bms have weaknesses against archers...especially in the air. a bm that can switch to spear poses a much greater threat
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Gyakusatsu - Sanctuary
    Gyakusatsu - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It really depends on how you play... but if you were (theoretically) equally good at all classes, I would say archer would be the best at pk. Archers crit like mad... and they sort of snipe you from some weird place, and if they keep hit and running, with their speed (fastest base speed), bms and barbs have trouble catching up and getting them in range to get a hit. BMs do have cloud sprint, and barbs can go tiger, but if it goes aerial, barbs lose that speed-boost advantage, and cloud sprint doesn't last very long and if the archer runs in hard-to-predict directions, cloud sprint would probably wear out before you get enough hits on the archer to kill them. Venos barely catch up with archers in speed, but the typical arcane (even survival arcane) veno has bad physical defense, so they would get crushed pretty quickly... and they would get constantly interrupted by the volley of arrows. The problem with any mage class is we take forever to cast =_=" and the physical classes keep interrupting the spells. It's true that they're better at endgame... but there's no point in being able to 1 shot a bm if he's going to tear you to bits with interruptions before you can get the hit in...

T.T I stress THEORETICALLY <=== so don't rip me to pieces. Just because you're an archer doesn't mean you'll be a pk-monster. Just because you're a veno doesn't mean you'll get totally slaughtered. I know a veno who's built like a monster and pks just as terrifyingly... and venos are meant to be BAD at pk because we're so pet-reliant 0_0"

This is, of course, if the people in pk are of similar level and have the same level of armour. Level 100 of any class pawns any lvl 50 anyday XD
    We all love smilies... and you know it b:chuckle
  • Jaufree - Sanctuary
    Jaufree - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Archers can really kill any class. They got both phy and magic attacks.
    So oviously you have to use your phys on casters and the metal attacks on barbs and BMs. The only real challenge for me as an archer are most barbs due to thier high hp, If archers dont crit its hard to kill barbs unless you have a cleric helping you do add extra metal.
    -Jaufree from Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaufree - Sanctuary
    Jaufree - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    But dont get me wrong, Archers have very little defence, if you play good as a different class you can surely kill archers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    axe bms have weaknesses against archers...especially in the air.

And that's why PW God gave us True Emptiness. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And that's why PW God gave us True Emptiness. b:thanks

qft b:shyb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxIfritxX - Lost City
    XxIfritxX - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    LoL why most ppl think all Barb. gonna miss b:chuckle

hehehehe...a Lv 90 Archer learned that a week ago hehehehe
    All my Goals in Life Turned to be Offside b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    TE ish WIN thank u pwi devsb:thanks

2+50% acc rings and demon BB 4k acc on a barb

thats about a 1/3 hit% on high dex builds
  • Lilxifire - Harshlands
    Lilxifire - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It really depends on how you play... but if you were (theoretically) equally good at all classes, I would say archer would be the best at pk. Archers crit like mad... and they sort of snipe you from some weird place, and if they keep hit and running, with their speed (fastest base speed), bms and barbs have trouble catching up and getting them in range to get a hit. BMs do have cloud sprint, and barbs can go tiger, but if it goes aerial, barbs lose that speed-boost advantage, and cloud sprint doesn't last very long and if the archer runs in hard-to-predict directions, cloud sprint would probably wear out before you get enough hits on the archer to kill them. Venos barely catch up with archers in speed, but the typical arcane (even survival arcane) veno has bad physical defense, so they would get crushed pretty quickly... and they would get constantly interrupted by the volley of arrows. The problem with any mage class is we take forever to cast =_=" and the physical classes keep interrupting the spells. It's true that they're better at endgame... but there's no point in being able to 1 shot a bm if he's going to tear you to bits with interruptions before you can get the hit in...

T.T I stress THEORETICALLY <=== so don't rip me to pieces. Just because you're an archer doesn't mean you'll be a pk-monster. Just because you're a veno doesn't mean you'll get totally slaughtered. I know a veno who's built like a monster and pks just as terrifyingly... and venos are meant to be BAD at pk because we're so pet-reliant 0_0"

This is, of course, if the people in pk are of similar level and have the same level of armour. Level 100 of any class pawns any lvl 50 anyday XD

Well where I am 'harshlands' an archer really doesn't stand a chance vs a veno, Venos rule PvP really.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Personally I'd choose the Wizard because I love caster classes.

Personal preferences aside I'd still use the Wizard. When used correctly a Wizard's attacks are devastating, you just need to know what combos to use on which opponents and be able to adjust to different situations. Wizards can also have very good physical defense when sharded right and Stone Barrier adds even more to their pdef. Along with good refines, the combo of good shards, a good barrier, player skill, adaptibility, and the use of the correct build a Wizard can dominate in PvP. Then again that all depends on the user, like I said the Wizard is something I really only want to use because of my love for casters, if you want to use an Archer go for it.
  • Gyakusatsu - Sanctuary
    Gyakusatsu - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Hm... really? I know venos get ripped to pieces here in Sanctuary =_=" well most venos without a nix usually get torn to pieces... (all the venos I know get flattened by BMs their own level... and sometimes lower =_=") haven't seen many with nix fighting people their own level in pk. Whenever I see a veno with a nix, they're usually lvl 90+ and all there is left is a scene of massacre XD (then again when any lvl 90+ barges through a mob of lvl 40-70s... it usually is a scene of massacre)

Lilxifire, elaborate... I want to know what happens in Harshlands >=D
    We all love smilies... and you know it b:chuckle
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    dont count on a nix autokilling bm's

ha = bugged bleed fails

personaly i love the HF + TE on nixes and it dosent hurt that their guiding veno is wonderfully amped as well