Taurzo's Ultimate Mage Guide

Options
13»

Comments

• mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I dont like people lower level then myself telling me I need to reroll for my own opinion and my own personal preference.
    Okay, you all fell in love with miss tika's screenshots couple months ago, yes sage dragon is better. But mountain seize, the 5 meter range, 35 meter distance, you can use it in TW and no one will even now who did it, cause you will be standing to far away. And for BT. What if your opponent is channeling a tempest/other BT/deadly shot? Demon BT will interupt him, tick his charm, he will need a second to realize what happened, you use sleep skill/FOW and kill him off.

I never saw those screenshots, can you or anyone post the links please?
    Edit: nvm i found them
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lower level than you?
    i can go out and do 7 rebirths, and complete them and be your level.

Okay, sorry for this, I was angry. But you should understand the reason for that. I kinda get sick of all that sage loving after tika's screens. I mean I dont mind at all you want to become sage, but dont start saying anyone who doesnt agree with you on the sage ulti thing is a ****. Just dont, share your opinion, but dont judge others for theirs. I love demon on almost every spell. So? Let me. I won't reroll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    can some1 post the link of tika's screenshots i would like to see...

i think the rly power about demon and sage is thta demon will demonic spark all the time and dps u wiht pyro+gush that will do alot of dps....the power of sages is more based on bids, wiht sutra u can do some pretty powerfull combo do to it uper fast hits and when comes bids wiht 50% chances to add +30% crit even to itself and next 10 sec, and the sage masterys help alot....wow

dam after u tell me demonic spark is -25% channel, i thought twice b4 sage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Okay, sorry for this, I was angry. But you should understand the reason for that. I kinda get sick of all that sage loving after tika's screens. I mean I dont mind at all you want to become sage, but dont start saying anyone who doesnt agree with you on the sage ulti thing is a ****. Just dont, share your opinion, but dont judge others for theirs. I love demon on almost every spell. So? Let me. I won't reroll.

I'm not here to convince anyone to go sage because I am... in fact I'm glad there are mages like you who want to go demon.. that's what keeps PWI unique if every mage went sage it'd be boring. When there is sage and demon mages it makes the game more interesting. I have no problem with people choosing either or. I enjoy the effects or primarily the sage spells. (but demon spark looks WAAAAAAAYYYYY cooler dammit >.< sage spark is soo lame looking [and demon fairy looks cooler after it evolves from the burger]).

I know people diss my guide and that's all good, that's their preference. Don't see me arguing with them over their opinions however, that's all they are OPINIONS. But look at the stuff other players are learning from this debate happening here. It's great and I'm learning a lot too. It's a fun educational experience.. b:victory
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

well tikas snapshots made me change my opinion. I used to be all demon yay demon but after seeing those snapshots, my mindset changed. In the end I, MYSELF, decided to go sage.

Im sorry i told you to reroll :3
    guess there is something you see in demon that i dont anymore.
    can some1 post the link of tika's screenshots i would like to see...

i think the rly power about demon and sage is thta demon will demonic spark all the time and dps u wiht pyro+gush that will do alot of dps....the power of sages is more based on bids, wiht sutra u can do some pretty powerfull combo do to it uper fast hits and when comes bids wiht 50% chances to add +30% crit even to itself and next 10 sec, and the sage masterys help alot....wow

dam after u tell me demonic spark is -25% channel, i thought twice b4 sage

wrong
    i watch videos of demon wizards
    it revovles around getting chi up, demon spark, spam pyro and gush.
    videos of sage wizard
    involves lots of ulti use, sage spark, etc
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    Hemoglobin - Lost City Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Why do people bother with guides. I mean, do you not see the 4 sticky'd guides, the ones the makers of all the new guides probably use for reference?

Why waste your time. We can get all this info, and will always get all this info, from the stickys, because lets face it. You aren't as credible as something already sticky'd.
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Your going to have alot of fun spamming frostblade just to get a sheild up and enough spark for a ult; ironically you'll get one shotted as soon as you leave safezone after all that hard work b:chuckle

I wanted to be demon around your level as well, but then I came to realize that its nearly impossible to kill most 9x on LC with there well refined gears. You need a ult to finish the job, and sage provides you fast chi regeneration DURING combat.

Heck I'm even able to pull of two ults in a PvP, and as you know mages fights 1v1 usually dont last that long.

But if you have three sparks your better of doing a sutra - ulti combo; I just do two ults to **** around wtih them b:pleased
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Why do people bother with guides. I mean, do you not see the 4 sticky'd guides, the ones the makers of all the new guides probably use for reference?

Why waste your time. We can get all this info, and will always get all this info, from the stickys, because lets face it. You aren't as credible as something already sticky'd.

People write guides because they 1) don't agree entirely with one of the other guides, 2) are trying to update information because the other guide has become outdated, or 3) because they want to do something for their fellow classmates (HAHA like how i did that). And if you think credibility comes from stickies i'm gonna ROFL... I was here when only Pandora's guide was stickied and that newcomer one. Since then Pandora and Streaker [in game was Marrok on a PvE server] have both quit PWI. Sooo the whole genie skills will be lacking, and with all the new things PWI is coming out with (HAHA ROFL... eventually...) their guides will begin to become more and more outdated.

I'm not taking away props from them though. I used Pandora's guide to get where I am now. It's really a great guide b:victory
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    Hemoglobin - Lost City Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    People write guides because they 1) don't agree entirely with one of the other guides, 2) are trying to update information because the other guide has become outdated, or 3) because they want to do something for their fellow classmates (HAHA like how i did that). And if you think credibility comes from stickies i'm gonna ROFL... I was here when only Pandora's guide was stickied and that newcomer one. Since then Pandora and Streaker [in game was Marrok on a PvE server] have both quit PWI. Sooo the whole genie skills will be lacking, and with all the new things PWI is coming out with (HAHA ROFL... eventually...) their guides will begin to become more and more outdated.

I'm not taking away props from them though. I used Pandora's guide to get where I am now. It's really a great guide b:victory

I've used it too. Just saying why should I bother with others.

Maybe add a genie section as thats what I'm having trouble with figureing out. Pro's and cons of certain skills and why I should get one over the other.

And if you do have a genie section..lol..I didn't read past the first sentence.
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I've used it too. Just saying why should I bother with others.

Maybe add a genie section as thats what I'm having trouble with figureing out. Pro's and cons of certain skills and why I should get one over the other.

And if you do have a genie section..lol..I didn't read past the first sentence.

Haha i do, however, I'm working on it. I'm not just gonna post what other's tell me about it. I know Holy Path is a MUST and i hear extreme poison, cauterize, and tree of protection are also nice. So I'm going to test out strategies and see what works best. My guide is still n00bish but I'm going to update it periodically as i lvl up and make it something great. b:victory
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Your going to have alot of fun spamming frostblade just to get a sheild up and enough spark for a ult; ironically you'll get one shotted as soon as you leave safezone after all that hard work b:chuckle

I wanted to be demon around your level as well, but then I came to realize that its nearly impossible to kill most 9x on LC with there well refined gears. You need a ult to finish the job, and sage provides you fast chi regeneration DURING combat.

Heck I'm even able to pull of two ults in a PvP, and as you know mages fights 1v1 usually dont last that long.

But if you have three sparks your better of doing a sutra - ulti combo; I just do two ults to **** around wtih them b:pleased

Good thing then im on a pve server b:victory I wont do any TW, only the other fun things, like all instances and stuff. And I think it is more fun (read: not better but more fun) to have a nice stun or a very cool spark eruption to kill fast. In rebirth: Chi aura. In TT: cant use ultis cause you may steal agro. In fb same. During grinding an ulti is also not efficient. Also the reduction on Glacial and the shorter cooldown of FoW is better for my play style, its better in TT, rebirth and grinding. Its even better in cube, when you have to kill stupid mobs in 2 minutes only. Demon just fits my playing style better =)

Plus all sages gonna be so yealous when I got demon stone barrier b:laugh (Just kidding, will never get that:P)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Good thing then im on a pve server b:victory I wont do any TW, only the other fun things, like all instances and stuff. And I think it is more fun (read: not better but more fun) to have a nice stun or a very cool spark eruption to kill fast. In rebirth: Chi aura. In TT: cant use ultis cause you may steal agro. In fb same. During grinding an ulti is also not efficient. Also the reduction on Glacial and the shorter cooldown of FoW is better for my play style, its better in TT, rebirth and grinding. Its even better in cube, when you have to kill stupid mobs in 2 minutes only. Demon just fits my playing style better =)

Plus all sages gonna be so yealous when I got demon stone barrier b:laugh (Just kidding, will never get that:P)

Miss_Tika got it from a fb99 drop. gave it a guildie who ironically enough still gets ****. Regardless, never thought of it from a PvE point of mentality, but sure do w/e suits your play style.

Demon with smexy -chan gear is pretty damn hardcore.
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    wrong
    i watch videos of demon wizards
    it revovles around getting chi up, demon spark, spam pyro and gush.
    videos of sage wizard
    involves lots of ulti use, sage spark, etc

well i think demon is based on fast channel wiht demonic spark help, but dont forget about the stun skills they have...

sage is more using bids and sutra, anyway they have they way to chi much more easy than demon...so sutra>fast connection(bids inside).
    Sages also have more dmg than demonic becuz of masterys that gives +5% element dmg wich is AWESOME

i think demon is more like good dps and awesome spark, sage is more chi, chi, chi, chi and then boom wiht sutra+ulti

btw i dont belive that much that demon means 1vs1 and sage TW...for me a sage can be awesome in 1v1 and demon can rock in TW as well...no matter if it dont use ulti that much it will have other good thinks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Which celestial books are actually obtainable??
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Which celestial books are actually obtainable??

almost all
    also,
    you can get the barriers from rebirth delta
    you get some kinda of page and put them together and BAM any barrier of your choice b:cute

i still haz sage powa b:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    num num needs more necro
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011