Taurzo's Ultimate Mage Guide

Options

Comments

• Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    zz.. This is just like every other "guide".

And people should determine sage/demon on the chi increase move, the first 3 primary skills and the five 99 skills... rest are hard/nearly impossible to get. Most of the skills in fb99 havent even dropped yet, or just one has dropped in Lost City for that matter lol.
  • woyaa
    woyaa Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    +1
    Chi Skill: Heaven!
    Fury Burst Skill: Hell (Heaven still ROCKS!)
    Pyrogram: Hell
    Gush: Heaven
    Stone Rain: Heaven
    Barriers: All Hell
    Ults: All Heaven
    GS: Hell
    FoW: Hell

Thats why I chose Heaven, as I judged it only on the Bold skills (and these are the only ones I have got hold of to this date)
    I managed to hit level 104 on a X5 rates server!
    b:cute
    How you level 101's on X1 can stand it, I don't know b:shocked
    Woyaa|Level 104|Venomancer|Heaven|Heavy Fox
    SpringBud|Level 98|Wizard|Heaven|LA Mage <--Goes to DP
    Lowbie Alts:
    FrostSong|Level 90|Cleric|Heaven|Full Vit Cleric
    IcantPWN|Level 77|BladeMaster|Axe/Fists HA/LA
    X0neX|Level 89|Archer|Hell|Exotic EA (1 Mag each level)
    LaZy|Level 91|Cleric|Heaven|Full Int, retired
    T4nker|Level 8x|Barbarian|Full Con, playing on this one
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    zz.. This is just like every other "guide".

And people should determine sage/demon on the chi increase move, the first 3 primary skills and the five 99 skills... rest are hard/nearly impossible to get. Most of the skills in fb99 havent even dropped yet, or just one has dropped in Lost City for that matter lol.

Really?? that's so bump :( So Tika did you go Sage or Demon?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Haven't you noticed Tika showing off Dragon screenshots? b:shutup

You can pretty much tell from screenshots even if they aren't using any skills. Note the edges around the Pyro/gush/stone rain/99 skills, and the difference between hell/heaven spark/chi skills. Sage = beige/light brown edge, Demon = purple.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This is what happens when you get #1-30 in wq... make a clone guide that fails it's predecessor. Thanks for applying some time & effort towards mages, but Pandora did it first and imho did it better.

btw... did you not see like the other 15 mage guides floating around here?
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Haven't you noticed Tika showing off Dragon screenshots? b:shutup

You can pretty much tell from screenshots even if they aren't using any skills. Note the edges around the Pyro/gush/stone rain/99 skills, and the difference between hell/heaven spark/chi skills. Sage = beige/light brown edge, Demon = purple.

Dark Purple ****-whole :) b:angryb:shutup
  • FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver
    FireWizardEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 463 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    lol @ mdef shards? I hope that's a joke, LA wizards only use HP shards in gear unless they're ****. Anyone with common sense knows sapphire shards don't add a lot of mdef. The difference it will make on your 3-4k mdef will be useless, and it doesn't help with melee classes at all.

Pyrogram: Toss-up, amazing DPS vs fast chi gain
    Gush: Sage gush is pathetic, Demon Gush is much better
    Glacial Embrace: which idiot uses this for anything other than MP recovery at 9x and higher? Demon wins
    Crown of Flame: Why did you list this? Nobody uses it
    Pitfall: lol you're on a pvp server, who gives a F about slow? Demon all the way
    Force of Will: because a 3m AOE will hit more than 1 target 1/100 times you cast it. Demon pls.
    Distance Shrink: What? Being able to spam this for half the price gives sage even more chi, Sage>Demon. 5m is nothing honestly, and you don't use this to run from EAs, lol.
    Masteries: opinionated, toss-up

Why Pyroshell and Glacial Embrace are secondary is beyond me, but Hailstorm? Seriously? Elemental Shell that high? Mountain Seize that low? Force of Will a primary?

Primary = Pyrogram/Gush/Stone Rain/Earth Barrier/Sandstorm/Shrink/Undine/Sutra
    Secondary = Phoenix/Masteries/Blade Tempest/DBreath/DPyro
    Tertiary = FoW/Snare/Dragon/Seize/Sleep/Pyroshell/Glacial Embrace

When all the above is done = Sleep/Hailstorm/Wellspring/Morning Dew
    Trash = Crown/Pitfall/Emberstorm/Frostblade/Elemental Shell

^pvp server btw

And you forgot one of the most important pots, damage absorb, dew of X protection, anti-stun

EDIT: Then again, made by a lv77, meaning he lacks.. everything

gush sage wons, 600dmg is the pathetic think u know...+5%slow and +1sec>600dmg on hightest lvs....well maybe demon is better again bosses when barbs tank but on rly pvp/pk sages wons imo...

Its a 5 seconds stun, which is long enough to pull of an ulti.

sry if i disapoint u but the stun starts when the channel time ends what makes u lose that 1.4 sec cast time while the target is stun so 5-1.4=3.6sec, u oly have 3.6sec of stun to do somethink(since u waste the other 2 sec wiht SR cast time)

happens the same wiht FoW b:sad
    woyaa wrote: »
    +1
    Chi Skill: Heaven!
    Fury Burst Skill: Hell (Heaven still ROCKS!)
    Pyrogram: Hell
    Gush: Heaven
    Stone Rain: Heaven
    Barriers: All Hell
    Ults: All Heaven
    GS: Hell
    FoW: Hell

Thats why I chose Heaven, as I judged it only on the Bold skills (and these are the only ones I have got hold of to this date)

is this serius?
    1st of all try understand what +25% atk rate means!!! and then compare it to 25% reducion dmg.....heaven wins from far away on this.

2nd, are u rly thinking that GS is better wiht 2.1chan instead of 2.5chan+(-20% water res reducion) i will try explain u why heaven wins...-0.4chan dont rly helps on this skill why? becuz this skill is pretty bad to use wihtout sutra i will tell u why...if ur target is targetting u i can think:wow i will reduc him speed by 80% and he will walk so slow and cant reach/hit me..yay. Well it dont work becuz the skill is pretty slow and when the efect kicks the targets is already hitting u, nice isnt it?
    and if u are using this skill on a targets that isnt even hitting u like on TW, well this skill is just pwn by the novice skills like SR or gush and even sages pyro...
    the oly think that may worth for demon GS is when a target is trying to run away and u reduc him speed, however try remenber that the 2.1sec is a nice amount of chan and the target can go to far away and break ur spell.
    the -20% water rs is just better becuz u can use it on sutra to stack wiht bids and all next water/ice spells
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    gush sage wons, 600dmg is the pathetic think u know...+5%slow and +1sec>600dmg on hightest lvs....well maybe demon is better again bosses when barbs tank but on rly pvp/pk sages wons imo...

sry if i disapoint u but the stun starts when the channel time ends what makes u lose that 1.4 sec cast time while the target is stun so 5-1.4=3.6sec, u oly have 3.6sec of stun to do somethink(since u waste the other 2 sec wiht SR cast time)

happens the same wiht FoW b:sad

is this serius?
    1st of all try understand what +25% atk rate means!!! and then compare it to 25% reducion dmg.....heaven wins from far away on this.

2nd, are u rly thinking that GS is better wiht 2.1chan instead of 2.5chan+(-20% water res reducion) i will try explain u why heaven wins...-0.4chan dont rly helps on this skill why? becuz this skill is pretty bad to use wihtout sutra i will tell u why...if ur target is targetting u i can think:wow i will reduc him speed by 80% and he will walk so slow and cant reach/hit me..yay. Well it dont work becuz the skill is pretty slow and when the efect kicks the targets is already hitting u, nice isnt it?
    and if u are using this skill on a targets that isnt even hitting u like on TW, well this skill is just pwn by the novice skills like SR or gush and even sages pyro...
    the oly think that may worth for demon GS is when a target is trying to run away and u reduc him speed, however try remenber that the 2.1sec is a nice amount of chan and the target can go to far away and break ur spell.
    the -20% water rs is just better becuz u can use it on sutra to stack wiht bids and all next water/ice spells

A level 90+ without undine = fail. Debuff from GS doesnt stack with undine. Undine = 30 %. Sage GS = useless. The only reason people dont like the normall GS is because it has a LONG channeling time. Thats why hell GS wins.

And allthough the spark bursts are personal preferences, I think alot of people will agree with me that hell burst is infact better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Trust me, I use Sage Gush all day long and it sucks, the extra slow effect is completely worthless and it's the only 89 skill which easily wins over it's alternative. 600 damage isn't a lot, but it's better than nothing. Especially since Pyrogram and Gush spamming gives you the highest DPS possible for a wizard.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    A level 90+ without undine = fail. Debuff from GS doesnt stack with undine. Undine = 30 %. Sage GS = useless. The only reason people dont like the normall GS is because it has a LONG channeling time. Thats why hell GS wins.

And allthough the spark bursts are personal preferences, I think alot of people will agree with me that hell burst is infact better.

are u sure undine efect doesnt stack wiht Sage's Dpyro and GS???becuz i am pretty sure they stack i think i saw it stack b4....

hell spark is useless becuz atk rate is the fast of normal atks....witch is completly worthless for a wizard useless u are melee wiz b:laugh
    so i think is rly easy to figure out what spark erupt is the best...-25%dmg take vs nothing for a wiz

Trust me, I use Sage Gush all day long and it sucks, the extra slow effect is completely worthless and it's the only 89 skill which easily wins over it's alternative. 600 damage isn't a lot, but it's better than nothing. Especially since Pyrogram and Gush spamming gives you the highest DPS possible for a wizard.

well like i said u are right if u are fighting agains a boss/mob/target that dont need to run to u.....and is there that demon rly shine....on the dps of pyro+gush.
    however dont try to win a good pvp wiht pyro+gush...u will need the chi of sages and the bids ;) wich help alot

btw, gush+pyro inst the best of all dps for a mage if u get -/= 10meters use WoF ;P.....my dream is when this skill gets 30meters =P

+5%slow and +1sec dure inst useless on pvp agains melee classes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mazzle
    mazzle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    are u sure undine efect doesnt stack wiht Sage's Dpyro and GS???becuz i am pretty sure they stack i think i saw it stack b4....

hell spark is useless becuz atk rate is the fast of normal atks....witch is completly worthless for a wizard useless u are melee wiz b:laugh
    so i think is rly easy to figure out what spark erupt is the best...-25%dmg take vs nothing for a wiz

well like i said u are right if u are fighting agains a boss/mob/target that dont need to run to u.....and is there that demon rly shine....on the dps of pyro+gush.
    however dont try to win a good pvp wiht pyro+gush...u will need the chi of sages and the bids ;) wich help alot

btw, gush+pyro inst the best of all dps for a mage if u get -/= 10meters use WoF ;P.....my dream is when this skill gets 30meters =P

Undine does not stack with sage dbuffs and hellspark increase channeling speed of spells, you should probably get your info straight before you make assumptions and post, ppl might flame you, and fyi mage already has good amount of slow spells one which reduces speed by 80% which is to a crawl to most class after the they get hit by it. Demon relys on less chi to get the job, making assumtion because you dont know how to use the skills is being ignorant.

Edit: speed reduction doesnt work while flying, your better off with a quick seal or freez/stun anything that stops movment/attack, as for that 3m seal, in certain situations people are clusterd together for example DD squads in TW, thats when you might be able to take advantage of the sage effect of FOW and mass pvp on PVP SERVERS. Also imo pvping against any class mage should stay at max distance of spells, doing this enable him to use distance shrink and slow spells to his advantage, especially against clerics, that extra range you get on mages spells give you a few mSec to start a big channeling spell off.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options

Wow you really are an idiot. Demon Spark = -25% channeling, which is a huge increase in damage output. MUCH better than Sage Spark.

And no, you don't need chi to kill anyone. It helps, but all you really need for most people is enough chi to get earth barrier up + a few distance shrinks. You can build chi as you fight, it's just easier for sage.

And yes, the slow effect is useless. 5% walking speed is hardly noticable, and it doesn't even work in the water or air, where most fights take place.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Wow you really are an idiot. Demon Spark = -25% channeling, which is a huge increase in damage output. MUCH better than Sage Spark.

And no, you don't need chi to kill anyone. It helps, but all you really need for most people is enough chi to get earth barrier up + a few distance shrinks. You can build chi as you fight, it's just easier for sage.

And yes, the slow effect is useless. 5% walking speed is hardly noticable, and it doesn't even work in the water or air, where most fights take place.

Just to add onto that -25% damage reduction is barely noticeable in PvP tbh.
    You still get two shotted either way.
    edited August 2009
    Options

u are the idiot here....

so u are telling me that the info on this site: http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php , is wrong.
    it tells gives +25% atk rate wich is not -25% channel, it is +25% normal atk speed...

to kill good players u need chi otherwise u will waste time on him charm....i am thinking u are in 1v1....try kill a bm(wiht that stuns) or a cleric thta heals itself sometimes ofc wihtout chi....

the slow efect dont work on air?even in pve? maybe we play diff pw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    u are the idiot here....

so u are telling me that the info on this site: http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php , is wrong.
    it tells gives +25% atk rate wich is not -25% channel, it is +25% normal atk speed...

to kill good players u need chi otherwise u will waste time on him charm....i am thinking u are in 1v1....try kill a bm(wiht that stuns) or a cleric thta heals itself sometimes ofc wihtout chi....

OMG please stop! you are 57!! Ecatomb is a fan site! People that tell you its 25 % - channeling ARE 90+! Ecatomb isnt perfect. please...
    SLow effects in PVE works in air, in PVP NOT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Options
    u are the idiot here....

Ecatomb is filled with alot of errors and typos. It IS -25% Channeling. I have a demon and sage wizard, both 9x on this server. I would know.

I strongly suggest you work on your vocab before attempting to make a point, not trying to make fun of you, but I fail to understand the point your trying to make in your last statement.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Ecatomb is filled with alot of errors and typos. It IS -25% Channeling. I have a demon and sage wizard, both 9x on this server. I would know.

I strongly suggest you work on your vocab before attempting to make a point, not trying to make fun of you, but I fail to understand the point your trying to make in your last statement.

i understand now...thxb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i would rather go sage, since i love the aoes and i am an active TW player. I also get an advantage since as of now, i am the only wizard on the server going sage.

sage stone rain = demon stone rain
    both are very good, channeling a sandstorm damaging skill in the time of pyrogram or the 20% stun

sage pyrogram > demon pyrogram
    i seen a demon wizard use demon pyrogram, i didnt see much of a difference in our channeling it, even when he demon sparked it seem a little bit slow.

sage gush = demon gush
    both are of personal taste, i prefer the enemy to be slowed longer though

sage ulti >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> demon ulti
    if you dont agree with me on this, reroll now plz
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    sage gush = demon gush
    You're going to be spamming gush every other hit in most cases anyway, meaning your target is going to be slowed no matter what. Like I said, it doesn't work in the air/water. I rather have my target down faster than slow them.

PvE doesn't matter either, the mobs I train at don't touch me. The mobs I quest at don't touch me. FB/HH = you have a party anyway, better off doing more damage.

Demon Gush > Sage Gush. There's no serious argument why the Sage version would be better.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You're going to be spamming gush every other hit in most cases anyway, meaning your target is going to be slowed no matter what. Like I said, it doesn't work in the air/water. I rather have my target down faster than slow them.

PvE doesn't matter either, the mobs I train at don't touch me. The mobs I quest at don't touch me. FB/HH = you have a party anyway, better off doing more damage.

Demon Gush > Sage Gush. There's no serious argument why the Sage version would be better.

i still prefer the longer slowing time
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • mazzle
    edited August 2009
    Options
    i would rather go sage, since i love the aoes and i am an active TW player. I also get an advantage since as of now, i am the only wizard on the server going sage.

sage stone rain = demon stone rain
    both are very good, channeling a sandstorm damaging skill in the time of pyrogram or the 20% stun

sage pyrogram > demon pyrogram
    i seen a demon wizard use demon pyrogram, i didnt see much of a difference in our channeling it, even when he demon sparked it seem a little bit slow.

sage gush = demon gush

Demon spells take advantage of -channeling equipment mages equip, you wont really see what demon is capable until you you learn a couple 92 and 99 spells with -25 -30+ channeling reduction on gear with decent crite and by decent im talking 8%+ critcal rate, fast dps+ a nice crite % is fast kill on any class, being able to control targets with that amount of channeling speed is what makes demon superior in PK compared to sage, not saying sage isnt good at pvp, iv played both in the 90s.

Also that extra slow isnt really usefull in PVP like Kristoph said before, it doesnt work in air and thats were most PK will take place or end up in the the long run, BM can sprint out of ito n the ground, barb in tiger form will still catch up to you fast, venos and cleric can use holy path but so can ever other class so the extra damage from demon gush is preferd imo than the 5% slow and 1sec duration increase that comes with sage.

The masteries on the other hand, i prefer the sage bonus elemental dmg than the 1% crite added from the demon masteries, although i have never gotten any of these passive books iv heard the extra 1% critical from each element isnt noticable.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    mazzle wrote: »
    Demon spells take advantage of -channeling equipment mages equip, you wont really see what demon is capable until you you learn a couple 92 and 99 spells with -25 -30+ channeling reduction on gear with decent crite and by decent im talking 8%+ critcal rate, fast dps+ a nice crite % is fast kill on any class, being able to control targets with that amount of channeling speed is what makes demon superior in PK compared to sage, not saying sage isnt good at pvp, iv played both in the 90s.

Also that extra slow isnt really usefull in PVP like Kristoph said before, it doesnt work in air and thats were most PK will take place or end up in the the long run, BM can sprint out of ito n the ground, barb in tiger form will still catch up to you fast, venos and cleric can use holy path but so can ever other class so the extra damage from demon gush is preferd imo than the 5% slow and 1sec duration increase that comes with sage.

The masteries on the other hand, i prefer the sage bonus elemental dmg than the 1% crite added from the demon masteries, although i have never gotten any of these passive books iv heard the extra 1% critical from each element isnt noticable.

ya the crit doesnt stack i heard.
    i still prefer sage gush and what barb PKs in tiger form O.o
  • Taurzo - Lost City
    Taurzo - Lost City Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Since you have both a heaven and hell wiz which do you prefer? I've come to understand that Demon wiz is good at solo PvP while Sage wiz is good at TW style PvP... not sure if this is true.

Also i think demon spark is better than sage spark... -25% channeling is epic. I don't really know how effective -25% damage reduction will be however, even n00bs understand the power -channeling has on a mage.
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Since you have both a heaven and hell wiz which do you prefer? I've come to understand that Demon wiz is good at solo PvP while Sage wiz is good at TW style PvP... not sure if this is true.

Also i think demon spark is better than sage spark... -25% channeling is epic. I don't really know how effective -25% damage reduction will be however, even n00bs understand the power -channeling has on a mage.

My demon mage is LA, and is able to tank alot of hits and hit pretty decently hard even with +3 noob gears. And ya that demon spark is one sexy ****.

My heaven mage (BrownflameZ) is pure-int robes, hit hard as hell, plenty of chi to spare but I get one shotted with my current gear. But my set isn't complete so shouldn't be to bad after completion.

For my play style i personally prefer sage more simply because of all the chi. I'm never short of 2 sparks. I dunno if it's just me but now a days you need a ult to take a kill with all the decently geared 9x's running around. I never valued Vigor so much, and took attention to its importance in PvP and how drastic it is.

A mage without chi can't even self buff, let alone PK for ****. But again hell/sage path is totally based on personal play style and preference. 1v1 with all the stun and target control, demon has its advantages; but i prefer sage more, its just me.
  • mazzle
    edited August 2009
    Options

Barbs can switch in and out of tiger form at will and usualy do when being kited. Sometime they will fly because theres no movment reduction while on flying mount but air to land attacks = half dmg,i dont think there's a reduction in land to air attacks.
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    My demon mage is LA, and is able to tank alot of hits and hit pretty decently hard even with +3 noob gears. And ya that demon spark is one sexy ****.

My heaven mage (BrownflameZ) is pure-int robes, hit hard as hell, plenty of chi to spare but I get one shotted with my current gear. But my set isn't complete so shouldn't be to bad after completion.

For my play style i personally prefer sage more simply because of all the chi. I'm never short of 2 sparks. I dunno if it's just me but now a days you need a ult to take a kill with all the decently geared 9x's running around. I never valued Vigor so much, and took attention to its importance in PvP and how drastic it is.

A mage without chi can't even self buff, let alone PK for ****. But again hell/sage path is totally based on personal play style and preference. 1v1 with all the stun and target control, demon has its advantages; but i prefer sage more, its just me.
    How on earth did you level 2 mages b:shocked
    Quit.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Barbs don't PK in tiger form per se, but they can switch in and out of it quickly. A good barb will usually switch into tiger form if he has to deal with someone kiting.
    He didn't.
    edited August 2009
    Options

I didn't a friend quit temporarily.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    Options
    sage gush = demon gush

I dont like people lower level then myself telling me I need to reroll for my own opinion and my own personal preference.
    Okay, you all fell in love with miss tika's screenshots couple months ago, yes sage dragon is better. But mountain seize, the 5 meter range, 35 meter distance, you can use it in TW and no one will even now who did it, cause you will be standing to far away. And for BT. What if your opponent is channeling a tempest/other BT/deadly shot? Demon BT will interupt him, tick his charm, he will need a second to realize what happened, you use sleep skill/FOW and kill him off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I dont like people lower level then myself telling me I need to reroll for my own opinion and my own personal preference.
    Okay, you all fell in love with miss tika's screenshots couple months ago, yes sage dragon is better. But mountain seize, the 5 meter range, 35 meter distance, you can use it in TW and no one will even now who did it, cause you will be standing to far away. And for BT. What if your opponent is channeling a tempest/other BT/deadly shot? Demon BT will interupt him, tick his charm, he will need a second to realize what happened, you use sleep skill/FOW and kill him off.

lower level than you?
    i can go out and do 7 rebirths, and complete them and be your level.

5 meter range is nice, but the chance to be able to use 1 spark for a skill that does pretty good damage and a 6 second stun.

BT has a 50% chance to interupt, i wouldnt count on it. Probably like demon stone rain something you can implement at the last second but not likely doing it for the certain purpose. Chance to use 1 spark wins with this.

I am sure 99.9% of mages agree the sage ults are better. Even Seraphim, who would fight for demon on his life says
    The only thing a Sage wizard has on a Demon is their double spark.

nuff said
This discussion has been closed.