Will u continue to play if PWE keeps it up

124»

Comments

• MissAdelia - Harshlands
    MissAdelia - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Of course I will continue playing. I mean, it's just a bunch of pixels and I really dont have much of a concern with this whole inflation thing. It doesnt really matter to me, any site like this will have greedy people and arguments over items/gold, etc etc. That's just the way the gaming world is I suppose. (:
    'You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.'
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Here's an example. I spent 50k an a GA to get a small pack of spring. I open it, get an Oracle I. I then sell the Oracle I for 60k to another player. Other player then uses the Oracle I, get the coin/exp/spirit.

I spent 50k, earned 60k, so I made a 10k profit.
    However, other player spent 60k, gained 8.1k, so incurred a 51.9k loss.
    If you add the two together, the supply of coins has diminished by 51.9k. The fact that most of the items given by Jolly Jones are consumables is the reason why a lot of coins will be lost. When you sell an equip the item has a continuous value because it can be resold, however once consumables are used the money spent on them is "lost."

Your reasoning was right, except you forgot to factor in the 50k profit the guy who sold you the GA. (who presumably made an *out of game* loss of money to buy the gold for the GA)
    So in fact it's -51.9k + 10k + 50k = +8.9k
    ie money has come *into* the economy, not out.

Hate to say it, but I think this reasoning we are given about it sucking money out of the economy is a smoke screen for people who cant work it out properly. I cant escape the conclusion that the purpose of these sales is to drive up the gold price.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    will equips shatter in TW's too?

ಠ_ಠೊnuuuuuuuuu..........
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    will equips shatter in TW's too?

ಠ_ಠೊnuuuuuuuuu..........
    No.....................
    Quit.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Your reasoning was right, except you forgot to factor in the 50k profit the guy who sold you the GA. (who presumably made an *out of game* loss of money to buy the gold for the GA)

Hate to say it, but I think this reasoning we are given about it sucking money out of the economy is a smoke screen for people who cant work it out properly. I cant escape the conclusion that the purpose of these sales is to drive up the gold price.

Umm, her 50k was already in the game whether the guy who sold her the GA now possesses it or not. Same is the case with the 60k that now the other guy she sold it to doesn't have. The only way that gold actually leaves the game is by it being used to purchase consumable items from NPCs or Gold from other players. With gold prices so high, a lot of coins will be lost from the people buying them.

How coins being drained from the market will decrease inflation however... that still eludes me. Perhaps i am not smart enoughb:shutupb:surrenderb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This game has gotten to the point of insane greed and i dont wanna leave but they r making it tough would like ur opinions

Greed is good. It is what makes the world go round. Embrace the greed!

'Come to the Greedy Side.... We haz Cookies!'

~S
  • Aeropajita - Heavens Tear
    Aeropajita - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    AAAAAHhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    b:pleasedb:chuckleb:laugh
  • Filet - Heavens Tear
    Filet - Heavens Tear Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2009

hmm true, i think that gms have to have some reasoning behind it though
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Umm, her 50k was already in the game whether the guy who sold her the GA now possesses it or not. Same is the case with the 60k that now the other guy she sold it to doesn't have. The only way that gold actually leaves the game is by it being used to purchase consumable items from NPCs or Gold from other players. With gold prices so high, a lot of coins will be lost from the people buying them.

How coins being drained from the market will decrease inflation however... that still eludes me. Perhaps i am not smart enoughb:shutupb:surrenderb:victory

Well, right now they've basically established a ratio of ~57k (something like that, I mentioned it in the gold prices post) per GA based on chests, hammers, and so on. Lets say gold goes to 200k, that's a fee of 4k for 10 angels, or 400 coin per angel that enters the game (actually, a little less since it's 29 silver per angel). The transaction fee isn't really going to take a whole lot of coin out of the game when you think about it. What they should do, is lower Jolly Old Jones to 40k if they really want to drain coin out of the economy, though at 40k you're left with another issue in the long run of not having shards made over the next couple of months to continue draining the coin as everyone would have already made them.
  • beer811
    beer811 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    tis has gotten to the point of ridiculous..

when i first started pwi i took 2-3 months jus to reach lvl 36 n stoppped cos i did wrong stats, at tat time no one other from the few "leaders" who did tw could afford reset note. i had to start a new character all over again 2 months later when i had free time from work. i was one of the highest in server during my first character.

however, now in the same amount of time pple can reach lvl 85+. pwi should stop thinking of earning money n let the those who really put in time n effort to realli feel they haf accomplished something.

its not jus bout making money, dun think short term, think of long term. i dun even do anything on pwi anymore cos all the noobs who started like 8-9 months later are almost same lvl as me, im jus on for dailies n to chat wif my gf who is half the planet away cos its free. pls.. developers, i know **** is coming out, but think of the pple who r still playing n cos they love the game. they know n feel they r the the pioneers ( there r jus about less than 50 [most probably less] left on my server ), its so disappointing when u see everyone who can do what u did in 1 year do it in 3-5 months..

seriously, u guys fail.. u lost the real hardcore players jus to earn a few bucks..

checking my post after i wrote it, now " COLOR="Red"]Please do not discuss other games on our forums[/COLOR " is censored too? fail..
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    beer811 wrote: »

when i first started pwi i took 2-3 months jus to reach lvl 36 n i was one of the highest in server. now in the same time pple can reach lvl 85+. pwi should stop thinking of earning money n let the those who really put in time n effort to realli feel they haf accomplished something.

its not jus bout making money, dun think short term, think of long term. i dun even do anything on pwi anymore cos all the noobs are almost same lvl as me, im jus on for dailies n to chat wif my gf who is half the planet away cos its free. pls developers, i know **** is coming out, but think of the pple who r still playing n cos they love the game. they know n feel they r the the pioneers ( there r jus about less than 50 left on my server ), its so disappointing when u see someone who can do what u did in 1 year to do it in 3-5 months..

seriously, u guys fail.. u lost the real players jus to earn a few bucks..

checking my post after i wrote it, now " [censored!] " is censored too? fail..

yes it is <_<

like someone said this seems like a last chance to drain as much money as they can before the "not to be named" happens o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Any mention of a game other then PW is against the TOS and why it is filterd. Your also violating the TOS by circumventing the filter. Xarfox Please take notice. How did it take you that long to reach lvl36?? With the quest that has been here since PWI came out I got to lvl 50 in a month.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • ydodo
    ydodo Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    This is what everyone believes the point is. To make people who bound their gear so they don't have to buy GAs buy them anyway to prevent gear shatter.

Wrong.
    Shatter is introduced to discourage carefree pk and restore balance to vigilante.
    Sorry to break it to you not everyone is winey little teenage prick who sits in secret passage with everything valuable bound.
    Yep. What a way to tell people who spent money binding their gear that "Hey, you've just been f'ed over. Grats!".
    Stupid feature.

The real stupid feature is the binding itself. If you can't handle losing something once in a while then don't pk, coward.
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Any mention of a game other then PW is against the TOS and why it is filterd. Your also violating the TOS by circumventing the filter. Xarfox Please take notice. How did it take you that long to reach lvl36?? With the quest that has been here since PWI came out I got to lvl 50 in a month.

I went from 16-28 in the span of 8 hours or less. Yeah I know lets not talk about how much I play. I made it from level 28-73 in approx 2 months. Its easy to do if you have time to spend. If not it takes a little longer. But from 1-40 is doable in less than a month even with a small amount of time to spend playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ydodo wrote: »
    Wrong.
    Shatter is introduced to discourage carefree pk and restore balance to vigilante.
    Sorry to break it to you not everyone is winey little teenage prick who sits in secret passage with everything valuable bound.

The real stupid feature is the binding itself. If you can't handle losing something once in a while then don't pk, coward.

Easy for you to say behind an alt. I don't pk but I for one would have bound my aerogear to my butt! That stuff is too expensive to drop. At level 40-60 you lose a 100k gear no big deal. you can recover quickly. But to lose a TT Gear that cost you 2 mil or an aerogear that cost you 3 or 4mil thats a bit stiff to lose. Especially if a lvl 90 just wants to be a jerk and come 1 shot you at level 30.

I agree with this, as the people who bought binding charms should be refunded. As their money was just wasted by the new implementation. I don't see how you think it will help vigilance? Now since binding has no effect ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ydodo
    ydodo Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Easy for you to say behind an alt. I don't pk but I for one would have bound my aerogear to my butt! That stuff is too expensive to drop. At level 40-60 you lose a 100k gear no big deal. you can recover quickly. But to lose a TT Gear that cost you 2 mil or an aerogear that cost you 3 or 4mil thats a bit stiff to lose. Especially if a lvl 90 just wants to be a jerk and come 1 shot you at level 30.

I agree with this, as the people who bought binding charms should be refunded. As their money was just wasted by the new implementation. I don't see how you think it will help vigilance? Now since binding has no effect ?

If you don't pk you will not drop equiped aerogear.

Shatter help vigilantes because for once they can now gain some mirage stones by pking the villains. The binding feature has destroyed vigilante business because there is nothing to gain from hunting down villains.
    Although I still think it is better the binding was not introduced in the first place. Talking about dev caving to the QQ of cowards.
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Ok go around with unbound equip and no GAs and see how fast u lsoe ur armor and then u will QQ even more

there is a low % chance for gear shatter and it doesnt cost gold to fix so shut up and stop complaining because u cant hunt down lvl 30s as much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Ok go around with unbound equip and no GAs and see how fast u lsoe ur armor and then u will QQ even more

there is a low % chance for gear shatter and it doesnt cost gold to fix so shut up and stop complaining because u cant hunt down lvl 30s as much

As i wrote this again i said this topic is going into a flame fest plz lock this thread plz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    beer811 wrote: »

when i first started pwi i took 2-3 months jus to reach lvl 36 n stoppped cos i did wrong stats, at tat time no one other from the few "leaders" who did tw could afford reset note. i had to start a new character all over again 2 months later when i had free time from work. i was one of the highest in server during my first character.

however, now in the same amount of time pple can reach lvl 85+. pwi should stop thinking of earning money n let the those who really put in time n effort to realli feel they haf accomplished something.

its not jus bout making money, dun think short term, think of long term. i dun even do anything on pwi anymore cos all the noobs who started like 8-9 months later are almost same lvl as me, im jus on for dailies n to chat wif my gf who is half the planet away cos its free. pls.. developers, i know **** is coming out, but think of the pple who r still playing n cos they love the game. they know n feel they r the the pioneers ( there r jus about less than 50 [most probably less] left on my server ), its so disappointing when u see everyone who can do what u did in 1 year do it in 3-5 months..

seriously, u guys fail.. u lost the real hardcore players jus to earn a few bucks..

checking my post after i wrote it, now " a i o n " is censored too? fail..

this reminds me of this one game where, a crafting skill involved clicking a material and making one item; if you wanted to make more you had to click the mat and make another, but the devs improved it and made it so that you could right click one material and had the option to craft all the items in your inventory by just one click. you'd think that, since it was an improvement to the crafting feature, it'd be a good thing right? wrong. people bawwwed hard because they had gotten their skill up to lvl 99 the hard way, and now all these undeserving noobs can do it much faster wtf????

i mean some people just need to stop complaining, why do you even care about what level the noobs are at? does it matter that much to you? did you play this game to be higher level than everyone or did you do it to, play a game with friends and have fun? you know some players spend some 12 hours a day on this game, they're at lvl 40 when i was at lvl 80 and they reach 80+ in the time it took for me to get to 86; am i mad about that? **** no. i sign on to play and talk with friends, not to compare my level with faction members. and it's not like you can't level fast if you try anyways. with cube, cs, rebirth, you have no damn excuse to level slowly unless you just don't have the time, and if you don't have time to play then you shouldn't be trying to get competitive on levels in the first place.

and what of the players who grinded their way to 100 before rebirth was even figured out? they probably have more reason to be pissed than anybody. but some of them are cool about it. their experience help the newer players on higher level tt, fb, and other players on the server respect them for it. even now, delta is figured out; i know someone who went from 90 to 98 in like 2 months, just doing dailies and rebirth when she has the time, and she doesn't even play much everyday.

lastly, an mmo is not something you want to be hardcore about. that's ridiculous. things constantly change, updates and sales could happen anytime because they have to make an income out of it, and there will always be people who spend more time on the game than you. you want to be hardcore, go play a real competitive game, where you square off against other players starting from an equal footing, a game where you know, skill ****ing matters.
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited August 2009

Learn to read dumbass.
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    it's gonna be fun when someone wearing OHT equipments get shattered

he'll have problems finding purfied perfect stones :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I went from 16-28 in the span of 8 hours or less. Yeah I know lets not talk about how much I play. I made it from level 28-73 in approx 2 months. Its easy to do if you have time to spend. If not it takes a little longer. But from 1-40 is doable in less than a month even with a small amount of time to spend playing.
    Yeah I tend to forget about the time thingb:chuckle Not saying hiow much time i spent online during that month.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex