Will u continue to play if PWE keeps it up

Crazydan - Heavens Tear
Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
This game has gotten to the point of insane greed and i dont wanna leave but they r making it tough would like ur opinions
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Crazydan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nova_ - Harshlands
    Nova_ - Harshlands Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Keep this up? They have pretty much done enough.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I vote yes...because for all the things that people are complaining about...I only use, like...one of them, and that's charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    G_ree_n - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's inspiring. I wish I knew how to program so I could make my own game. Seriously, if I had the skills, I could sell worthless pixels to 20 year old kids and make millions. It's genius when you think about it. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roll a barb on Sanctuary for hot cleric action. b:kiss
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    The thing that is making me insane is the constant sales every week there is a new one and just inflating everything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary
    RisenPhoenix - Sanctuary Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    LOL Green, I LOVE your sig.....thats is definately one of the best Ive seen b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Duke Shouts: WTT PWI for Your Credit Card! It is the duty of all warriors to do so NAO! b:bye LeirtA - Lost City PWI = Pay2Win International

b:bye Quit as of 10/09 b:bye
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    They only thing i hate is the sky rocketing gold prices. Other then that it's fine.
    Quit.
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    LOL Green, I LOVE your sig.....thats is definately one of the best Ive seen b:victory
    Heh, barb enticement is FTW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    To those concerned about rising gold prices, please refer to the following post:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3533292&postcount=46
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baraya - Dreamweaver
    Baraya - Dreamweaver Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    With PW, money complaints are endless. Do you think this stuff is new? LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paladin - Harshlands
    Paladin - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's inspiring. I wish I knew how to program so I could make my own game. Seriously, if I had the skills, I could sell worthless pixels to 20 year old kids and make millions. It's genius when you think about it. b:thanks

worthless pixels? does that make coffeebeans worthless too if I buy starbucks coffee? o.O
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    To those concerned about rising gold prices, please refer to the following post:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3533292&postcount=46
    Well we can only hope that enough money is drained so that even harshland can have gold selling for 130k at least.
    Quit.
  • Kott - Sanctuary
    Kott - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I just wish I was one of those smart ppl that are gona make millions of this. b:cry
  • G_ree_n - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    worthless pixels? does that make coffeebeans worthless too if I buy starbucks coffee? o.O
    Absolutely not. Starbucks Coffee, while outrageously expensive and more of a status symbol then nutritional supplement, still has the value the caffeine it contains being a stimulant which many people rely on to jump start their day. Some may hold the opinion that it tastes better then regular coffee. Buying Starbucks Coffee does nothing to make coffee beans worthless (or even just devalued) as there are many people who do not require a "brand name" coffee, so to speak.

Although I'm not entirely sure what this analogy has to do with the value of PW pixels. The "pixels" for sale in this game have no real world value, as they can not be exchanged for real world currency. When you buy items from the cash shop, you are, essentially buying nothing, in the sense that you can not hold it in your hand. If you want to show it to someone, you have to log into the game. The rare few cases that have involved "pixel theft" have been precedent setting indeed, and the cases usually involve other crimes (assault, fraud, harassment, etc.)

Because of these reasons and more, there is no exact comparison for your "coffee beans" analogy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It's like... threatening suicide, but not actually doing it...b:laugh
  • Saveless - Harshlands
    Saveless - Harshlands Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well we can only hope that enough money is drained so that even harshland can have gold selling for 130k at least.

I'll have the best **** when that happens. (Will never happen....QQ)
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    No, I'm just going to play a lot of WC3 until retail of a censored game comes out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    cash shop player will keep playing, actually high gold price is better for them then lower gold price. player at lower level should not be affect by gold price a lot also. now it comes to the non cash shop players between 70 to 90, players in this level range basically have to use CS item to play effectively, if they are not cash shop players, then they are actually spending more time in game than regular players, so they can make enough coins to buy CS items. if the gold price go too high, those players will be focused to charge or leave the game.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i wish they would introduce more mobs/catchable pets and such. i see them in ecatomb, and i see them listed in the AH. that would make things interesting.

antoehr thing would be to allow us to play safely in places getting PKed....like the Cube. the PK corner is still active.

bottom line for me is that i lost too much in leaving Lost City. if i leave here, it will be to quit the game in toto, and im not at that point,,,, yet

This game has gotten to the point of insane greed and i dont wanna leave but they r making it tough would like ur opinions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    For the first time since I started playing this game today thought in giving up.

But lets see how this happens, and yep the prob is the gold price... but I payed to play as well so that makes me still playing. I loved pking a bit, now with the shatered gear I stop doing that. My last hope for this game is an instance on Arena (I hope Arena comes available soon) where is free pking, that means you wont lose drops/shatered/exp, plus you had a chance of gaining items depending of the number of players you killed... oh but that would be to perfect for a perfect game.
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Alot of us, and maybe more so the pple who have been on since the start have seen gold prices go up and down. This is nothing new and it always goes down again. You just need to keep your eyes peeled cause if there is no sale, the prices going up and down are at specific times in the week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Where's the "maybe" option? b:chuckle
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • SilentBless - Heavens Tear
    SilentBless - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    sigh im getting tired of PWI. gold price. sale and sales. glitch. wasted more than 1k canadian dollar in this game. i guess .time to move on............getting worst and worst.b:byeb:angry
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Absolutely not. Starbucks Coffee, while outrageously expensive and more of a status symbol then nutritional supplement, still has the value the caffeine it contains being a stimulant which many people rely on to jump start their day. Some may hold the opinion that it tastes better then regular coffee. Buying Starbucks Coffee does nothing to make coffee beans worthless (or even just devalued) as there are many people who do not require a "brand name" coffee, so to speak.

...But what about the foam? b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Zyhara - Sanctuary
    Zyhara - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2009

Although I'm not entirely sure what this analogy has to do with the value of PW pixels. The "pixels" for sale in this game have no real world value, as they can not be exchanged for real world currency. When you buy items from the cash shop, you are, essentially buying nothing, in the sense that you can not hold it in your hand. If you want to show it to someone, you have to log into the game. The rare few cases that have involved "pixel theft" have been precedent setting indeed, and the cases usually involve other crimes (assault, fraud, harassment, etc.)

Because of these reasons and more, there is no exact comparison for your "coffee beans" analogy.

People are spending money on this game, like they would spend money on a movie or an opera. Are both of those things also useless? Do you not spend money to go see a movie? Quite simply, people gain entertainment from this game, and that is what they are paying for, which is not a stupid concept at all. And if it is, I'd like you to never see a movie again, because it is exactly the same thing. But, you'll probably bring up that it takes writers, producers, and actors to create a movie, therefore making the movie more value. The same can be said for this- it takes game developers to program these things, servers to run them, people to monitor, etc. This is a free to play game, and if you don't wish to pay for it, then you don't have to. But, these people have to make money somehow, and that is what the cash shop is for.

As for the coffee analogy, I find it also completely valid in this situation. You gain enjoyment out of a cup of coffee, whether that be from the taste, smell, caffeine, or sugar intake. It is, also, a temporary thing, something that does not last. Atleast our "pixels" continue to last much longer than a cup of coffee, and brings continued entertainment to us. So, in ways, it is much more valuable than a cup of coffee, and the desired effect lasts longer.

Ta-duh!

And to stay on topic, I'm not sure if I will continue to play, only time will tell.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I think I'll wind up quitting when I reach 99 or 100. I already decided I wouldn't bother spending anymore money in this game. Regardless if I'm in desperate need for something.

But I was severely disappointed in how a lot of things linked to cash shop with the update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I dunno. Everything that made me like the game is still there b:laugh

To be honest, what do I care if a few boutique addicts are b**tched off because they can't afford charms to spam-level themselves in zen parties. Its a social game meant to be played for fun.

9 slots for skills, a good deal of rare items cheaper and a lot of bugs fixed makes me happier anyway. ^_^
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I find it funny everytime something like this happens....

People BEG for more things.

The items come out.

People complain.

Time slowly passes.

The items and such come out.

You all get the idea.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009

The items come out.

People complain.

Time slowly passes.

never asked for items, I ask for bug/glitch/game fixing and new quests/events/instances
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2009

The items come out.

People complain.

Time slowly passes.

This is the truth.

So many of you QQ about never having enough and when lots of it comes out and it is even on sale so many more can afford it people complain because of the gold increase. Well, understandably not everyone can purchase CS with RL cash, some require to buy gold in-game. For the ones who buy in-game you have to suck it up and wait a bit and not buy the gold from these Gold Diggers who know they can make a mint off of suckers who can't wait to get it now.

If you all would not buy the gold from the sellers when they raise the prices they would be forced to drop the prices. You need to control yourselves and can blame noone but yourself on the hike on prices. You buyers control the price of gold, you want it more the price goes up..Just remember that.

On topic: I am not leaving because of some silly gold price issue that is not even a real issue. I am lokoing forward to seeing what the game will be like when so many of the complainers leave. It will be so tranquil.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Untamedchaos - Sanctuary
    Untamedchaos - Sanctuary Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited July 2009

This probably wasn't a good poll... now they're gonna keep it up because they know alot of people are still going to pay and play
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] With a .25x multiplier = 423520 regular

Booyah.