Patch 161 is a large patch!

Comments

• Ladyaltair - Lost City
    Ladyaltair - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I am trying for the 2nd time to download manually, took 45 min first time, and then wouldn't work. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it!
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You saved my life, Darth.

I love you. (Harharhar not in a creepy way, just thankful.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • aurorahh
    aurorahh Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Hello , I've been playing perfect world for around about a week now and
    when yesterdays maintanence finished it told me to update the files , so i
    did. It has been atleast five hours since i started the update and im a quarter
    of the way there , on my brand new computer with no problems on it at all ,
    I've been looking for some answers to my problem on the forums and
    discovered the manual patch which i was told patches it quicker. Im currently
    downloading the manual patcher and its going to take me a couple of hours ,
    im not complaining but is that normal?

Also , if im breaking any of your forum rules im truley sorry.
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Cant wait for the next patch. But dont fix the smiles I like them like this. pretty funny combos
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • jojo667
    jojo667 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    OKay so i try to maual patch it....it doesn't work....it get like a third of the way in there than says error or some **** like that....

Second I download the thinger that u click on....21 mins later it says corrupted or it doesn't work....

Ummm i'm out of idea's this thing is really pissing me off....

I !!HAD!! a perfect world before this patch came along!!!!

Its huge!!! did u guys ever consider like doing this in bite sized steps??

NOT A FREAKING BIG MAC??!!

SO yea I'm out of idea's if u got a solution let me know kk?? other wise i'm quiting the game and going to go else where for free internet fun....god I never had this problem with any other MMORPG that I played in the past what a dissapointment.....
  • jojo667
    jojo667 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Sorry about that I think I figured my problem I just had to vent my rage at you lol!!

NEXT time thought GM's please lets do this in smaller portions?? so we can still enjoy the game....For future reference of course....but let's just see if my plan will work lol.
  • CherryD - Heavens Tear
    CherryD - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i was panic a bit. like this seem to be bigger then some clothing... got to a obut 15% and i am like... stuff this go fourms and found this :D
  • Vauci - Dreamweaver
    Vauci - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    OMG!! It has been a day and im still not done. I decided to get on at 4 for some odd reason and the server was down. Then i had to update to play. So i started the update at 4 in the mornin, it's 11 at night and its still not done! WTF! I am really confused, updates never take this long, what is it that makes this take so long and is this normal. and then it keeps stoppin sayin its not workin. so I have to exit and then start it up again. This is sooooo confusing!!

Its making me pretty mad, but i will keep my kool.....maybe....
  • Killerssss - Harshlands
    Killerssss - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It took me more then 24 hours to finish!
    Can perfect world don't make this a little bit faster?
  • kyritathesinger
    kyritathesinger Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    my upload took about 30 minutes, so that's not my problem~
    =P
    BUT
    after i finished and logged on, my character list won't show. =[
    can someone help me??
  • drezookie
    drezookie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    logged in, but cannot select my character.. everything is blank no matter how much i restart. What's going on with this new patch? b:sad
  • AnnaLaura - Heavens Tear
    AnnaLaura - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Took me 3 minutes to download, everything went fine. ^^;

...until.. I logged in and noticed everything was bugged!
  • HeavAngel - Heavens Tear
    HeavAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    This is just one of several problems.

The game is at update since I had to task the game to leave the game and now, it won't update after I've been playing most of the day and evening. Pfft I was in a TT run and I'm sure our squad is dead. Charm used up and and angels LOVELY!
    b:angry
  • Yowie - Heavens Tear
    Yowie - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:surrenderYep the whole server crashed but not a usual crash. i got a friend that gets booted every time he tryes to lode his main. there were no NPCs in ARC or newhere for that matter. i couldent leave a party and i was stuck flying... now i cant log back onb:cry Plz fix this
  • oldestphart
    oldestphart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    quizzy wrote: »
    Hiya, Please keep in mind that we just had another very large patch update. Which is probably slowing down the patcher client.

I would give it some more time and if that doesn't work go here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

In the middle of this page you should see Patch Updates. Just download and run with the Perfect World Patcher to update your files.

Have fun.

Yeah I gave it some more time, it finally completed the update after almost 5 hours, which I found out after talking to 1 of my faction members was fast compared to hers at 7 hours.

So Patience is a definite must on this update if you go through the patch server. I cannot speak for the manual patch since I did not do it that way.

Oldphart
  • Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary
    Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    can we not have such a big patch in the futher? T^T took me aalmost 3 day before i gave up on patching and i am manual patching now...b:shedtear
    BTW my butt hurt siting infront of the com for so long and i have watch slient hill3 and 4 gameplay guild on youtube and its is only 30%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Its not Eion anymore its Unknown]
    Done by ForsenX
  • Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    ok i have tried for three and a half hours to download this darn patch and i cant get into the game now its been told to patch. i am a grandmother and not techy i do not understand how to do the manual patch, i can click on the download but then what do i do with it. run? save? put it where, then do what with it after i have it? please dont tell me in tech talk i dont understand it.:(

i think its open...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Done by ForsenX
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Are there notes for this patch?
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I just found out from some of the CS guys that the Heaven's Tear server did go down for about an hour and a half.

I just got in a little bit ago, I'm looking into it for you all.

In regards to the patching, please follow my links in my sig for the manual patch and networking info.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Dark_Void - Harshlands
    Dark_Void - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have downloade manual patch 144 - 161.... i try manual update but it says "update file Corrupted" WHAT CAN BE WRONG? DID I DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT PATCH?.. Please help i want to play as soon as possible.
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    Spectralis - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    kieran1989 wrote: »
    yeah its been 2 hours and its on about 15%...

someone let me know if this is normal?

I did a post today July 23er at 12:30am refering to ur problem and let me tell u this,because it seems u have the same problem i do.
    My computer has 4 gigas of rms, a good dual cord and i basically new, in addition to this i use DSL Internet connection
    There was an annoucement from the game on july 22nd about maintenance
    if i remember correctly. At 4am (us pacific timer), i logged in the game and discovered the update.First thing i noticed was that the update was to slow and later, some files has downloded error issues.
    At present (july 23er - 1:08pm us pacific time), my updating process is 96% completed and suffers from download files issures still.
    Seems to me this is a special updating program cuz new stuff will be added to PW.Other that my comment,more answers can be find in PW Technical Support
  • EvilDragon - Dreamweaver
    EvilDragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have downloade manual patch 144 - 161.... i try manual update but it says "update file Corrupted" WHAT CAN BE WRONG? DID I DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT PATCH?.. Please help i want to play as soon as possible.

Yes you got the right one. After downloading this patch from pwi site (do not..i repeat do not use launcher for updating!!!!) the launcher auto pops up. And installs the files.
  • Umaly - Sanctuary
    Umaly - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lalalalalalala ... 3 hours later ... lalalalala b:irritated
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Make sure you all are downloading the CORRECT manual patches.

If you are doing a fresh install of the game, you need patch 1-52. Then after that, you need to apply the 52-161 patch.

If you try to use the 52-161, or any other patch if you have a fresh client (which is either v1 or v37), you will get an error.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Terracaust - Dreamweaver
    Terracaust - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Im getting the same problem with the file corrupt, I think there is something wrong with the 144-161 patch download as it takes literally 3 seconds to download and is only 144kb or some tiny size like that. I downloaded it at home fine on the day of release but now im at work, the patch doesn't want to download in full =\
  • Xiao_Qian_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    OMFG i am going to miss the rainbow eggs and mount sale..=X can u guys drag the sale a little longer?b:surrender i would be sad if i can't get the pigggy mount but i will be more sad if i can't get the rainbow eggs b'coz of the update...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Done by ForsenX
  • LoVeAnGell - Harshlands
    LoVeAnGell - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i have a problem whit patch ....i don't know...say's "corupt file" or "client out of update" help me pls...i like this game..b:shedtearb:sadb b:infuriatedi want to play as soon as possible.
  • lydd
    lydd Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I am also getting the corrupted file problem after downloading the manual patch. It is really starting to annoy me...

If anyone knows how to fix it please tell me!!!
  • xaerilx
    xaerilx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    b:angry

i am haveing the same problem in fact, i had it all downloaded until like the last of it and now it terminated me...so sick of it!
  • ZinZer - Heavens Tear
    ZinZer - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i downloaded manual patch twice thinking something wrong with first 1 but still same problem "Corrupted file". Cant update my client. b:sad
This discussion has been closed.