Patch 161 is a large patch!

Comments

• laurasakura
    laurasakura Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm having a different problem. I download the manual patch, but when I go to install it, the client says that the file is corrupted. I have downloaded it twice and keep getting the same problem. What is the proper file size of the 144-161 manual patch? I want to make sure I'm actually finishing the whole download.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm having a different problem. I download the manual patch, but when I go to install it, the client says that the file is corrupted. I have downloaded it twice and keep getting the same problem. What is the proper file size of the 144-161 manual patch? I want to make sure I'm actually finishing the whole download.

me too b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • nawafabc
    nawafabc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    hi everyone i have Problem i try to download the new patch from the launcher but it did,t work b:sad so i try the manual patch like ever one say but when it finished download and when i open the patch and it start download but suddenly show window without even download 1% it is say (update listed files error) please help me i spend the day try to download but in the end it did,t work b:surrender
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    okay this is taking hours to update and i want to play b:byb:victory
  • Lady_Kristie - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Kristie - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I have no idea what I'm doing to be completely honest. I just really wanna play my game and it wont let me play without uploading new stuff. Well When i try to upload the new stuff it brings up the little square and says preparing to update... And then it fails. I'm so lost and I just wanna be able to play my char. =(
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited July 2009
    Please try using the manual patch.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    tryin patch again...3rd attempt =/
    I get stuck on common_e1.mp3 file :P
    so freakin close -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Skonko - Harshlands
    Skonko - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    i cant UPDATE the game!! HELP PLZ!!!
  • Froggie - Heavens Tear
    Froggie - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    ok i have tried for three and a half hours to download this darn patch and i cant get into the game now its been told to patch. i am a grandmother and not techy i do not understand how to do the manual patch, i can click on the download but then what do i do with it. run? save? put it where, then do what with it after i have it? please dont tell me in tech talk i dont understand it.:(
  • Xacacia - Harshlands
    Xacacia - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm trying to be very patient, I've been downloading for an hour now and I'm guessing its at 10% at the moment.

Its still moving though so hopefully patience will pay off b:shocked
  • BlissfulSoul - Harshlands
    BlissfulSoul - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    can somone help me?
    when i open perfect world it says my client is out of date and needs to update. so i let it update but it keeps stopping and says. Update Failed. Try again? or close. i keep trying again but it keeps doing the same thing. can somone help me? ty

Love,Blissb:thanksb:cry
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Make sure that your network connection is solid, fast, and stable.

Review the networking info in the link on my signature.

Check to see that your ISP is not throttling bandwidth for MMO games. It also depends on how your ISP routes traffic globally.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Please try the Manual Patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chobsi - Heavens Tear
    Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Use the manual patch it's much much faster anyways :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
    "Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
    "Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
    "So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
    ~Chobsi b:cute
  • schmeare
    schmeare Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Same problems here. After trying to do the manual patch I get "update listed files error" right after the patcher comes up.
  • Lady_Kristie - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Kristie - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Well I mean, I finally was able to get into game after downloading two patches, But My game still wants to update new server info and It keeps failing the upload there. Also. When i had redownloaded this game. Shouldnt it have been Age of Spirits, and not the first one? Hmmm I'm so lost lolz.
  • darthpanda16
    edited July 2009
    Don't use the auto-patch if it keeps hanging on you.

Info about using the manual patch for version 161.

1) Make sure that you have shut down and restarted your PC. Do not start up the game yet! Make sure that you have the game installed first (for new players)!

2)
    Go here, and download the patch that you need (for current players, you will need the 144-161 patch): http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242

NOTE: If you are new to PWI, you will need the 1-52 patch, and then the 52-161 patch.

3) Run or Open the 161 patch if you want. It should download it, then start running it. Or you can Save it to your Desktop, then double-click on it to run it.

4) Once you have made it Run by double-clicking on the file, the game launcher menu should pop up and you will see some activity in the patching section of the screen. If your network connection is setup properly, after the manual patch has applied itself, it needs to "handshake" with our game servers to make sure the game has patched correctly.

5) Once the patching process is complete, exit the game launcher menu and wait about 30 seconds.

6) Start the game up again and you should be able to log in.

Hope that helps you. b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited July 2009
    if i may ask.wich patch do i download? theres alot.
  • PreyForLove - Heavens Tear
    PreyForLove - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    on all 3 of our computers, this patch is not going through.

I try manually and get files are corrupted. What gives? I wanna play!b:cry
  • darthpanda16
    edited July 2009
    Please make sure that your network connection is solid. Review the networking info in these posts here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=75572&page=4

Please try to describe what errors or anything you got leading up to that error.

You can send us a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

after reading this: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=2005612&postcount=33

We'll take a look at your system and see what is going on hopefully, ok? b:pleased
  • darthpanda16
    edited July 2009
    Make sure you are using Firefox 3+ or Internet Explorer 7 (preferably 8+) to download the manual patch with.

Your ISP might be throttling downloads of larger files, and our servers could be busy as well. Just wait a little bit and try again.
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    You were at version 144 before this patch correct? So the next one up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited July 2009
    When you start up the game, what version does it display that you are at?

If you are at version 1 or 37, you need to first download the 1-52 patch and apply it, then the 52-161 patch.

If you are at version 144, then you need to download the 144-161 patch and apply it.
    edited July 2009
    i only download one, yes?
  • Jawfalcon - Dreamweaver
    Jawfalcon - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    It says update listed file error.
  • z0sub
    z0sub Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    thank u for the direct link to the update. i kept getting stuck in the same place over and over. but now im at 90% so thanks b:victory
    edited July 2009
    Alright Thanks, ill see what happens
  • darthpanda16
    edited July 2009
    We only released the new patch a little over 12 hours ago.

Please download and apply the manual patch, see the link in my signature.

Also make sure that your security software didn't change its settings because the game files got changed.

Networking info in my signature as well.
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    my patch took only 5 mins doing it manually, took like 3 hours and it was only at 25% with the auto patcher (USE THE MANUAL)b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • joaocota
    joaocota Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    when i try to manual allways appear " updated listed files error "
This discussion has been closed.