What class is more useful BM or Archer?

13»

Comments

• Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I might choose BM. Why? Because 8 out of 10 archers lv 80 and above DO NOT know how to control their aggro rate. Expecially in runs like TTs or other PvE that need delicate hate balance, its an important issue.

In a squad, I honestly find BMs more useful because they can tank, attack, control aggro situations, and stay alive all at the same time. Archers are useful when you want to attack and stack dmg upon dmg, but they die so easy. Their probably good vs TW, PvP, and WB.

If you are over lv 50 and have not learned to control aggro yet as a Archer, you shouldn't have become a Archer in the first place. I know that in TT, I refuse to hit Lord of Percussion until he is under 75% hp, in order NOT to draw Aggro. As for normal mobs, if the Archer who drew the aggro cant kill them, what was the point of having them in the party?
    i think in general, bms are harder to play than archers, that why you'd see more "bm noobs" than "archer noobs"

I agree, though I would have to point out that it is those "archer noobs" that are the ones that formulate Deceptistar's opinion about Archers not being able to control Aggro.

Finally, Personally, My TT Squads are usually the following:

Archer
    Cleric
    BladeMaster
    Barbarian
    Venomancer
    Cleric with Blue Bubble (For Lord of Percussion's AOE)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • HeadTrauma - Harshlands
    HeadTrauma - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I'm more useful b:victory b:laugh
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I don't need to know as this game is easy compared to some other MMOs out there the one I play requires way more skill.There are elite areas in that one as well and skills get balanced monthly with OP builds or classes.I have put together parties before and Know how to make balanced party.I have done TT60.

Archers can be used to pull bosses more effectively.

Great job on running a TT 1-1. Congrats on being such a skilled player in other MMO's. But when you get to TT 1-2, 2-1, 1-3, 2-2, etc...then you will have a better understanding. Archers shouldn't be pulling in a TT 1-1 anyways. There is no need for it. I find it odd that someone would be doing so???

Anyways, have a nice day and a fun time playing.
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    I personally prefer bms. I have one archer on my friends list, lol because he is a personal friend. I have to watch that archers are smart and dont accidnetly agro... this is the main reason I ditch them for most runs. I take archers on rebirth for the constant dmg.
  • JaydeMonkey - Sanctuary
    JaydeMonkey - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I don't think you quite understand how a TT goes.

The fact of the matter is.

Veno's pets deal full damage on bosses.

Everyone else deals 1/4.

With a proper squad a herc will tank while one or two veno's heal herc when needed. And attack with their pets.
    The barb will cancel aoe's and the cleric will blue bubble or red bubble as is needed depending on what TT boss you are fighting. While the other veno amps. And if one can spare the time to amp too...then good.
    The BM uses Dragon and builds chi as fast as possible to do so again. Which allows the venos pets to deal even more damage. Boss dead in less then 5 minutes.

I have run TT's with many different configurations wizards, archers, and this one is my favorite.

Higher TT's you switch out a veno for an extra cleric. Same tactic used...and if Herc can't tank. Then Barb does. BM is there for crowd control as you travel to bosses.

Making assumptions on what you think I know about party configurations isn't something one should be in the habit of doing.

Thank you for your time.

Rubbish. As you get higher and higher you deal more damage to Skull ? bosses. So once you are around 100 more than 1 veno is not really going to outdamage most classes. U are better off filling it with classes that can add to the squad.
    Actually everyone deals quarter damage against skull-marked boss/mobs, pets avoid this due to them being 'npc's. An error in coding that helps keep mat prices low.

Again, no they don't. Just by leveling and reducting the level difference you will up your damage to ? (or level 150 mobs) significantly. So in lower level TT's where all chars are under 90, a veno with a herc is probably going to be alot of damage.

Anyway back to original question. The answer is take both. On bosses, I would say it would be pretty even if you had an archer or BM, because the BM increases the overall damage of the squad, add veno debuffs and cleric debuffs + extreme poison and Heavn's Flame is adding significant overall damage to the squad. I'd almost always rather a BM over an archer. But I'd prefer to have both.

Rainbow minus the wizard and and add a 2nd BM is my favourite squad, but I'd take a wiz anytime also because overall it doesn't matter that much.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Epic Necro.
  • ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear
    ValenaHaiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I am better b:victory
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Worst part is they necroed just to be wrong. They might want to check their facts a bit before posting again.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Someone always gotta be starting something. Was there not enough class hate going around? Sheesh Comparing Archers to BMs (or any other two different classes) is like comparing apples to oranges.

Every class has pros and cons. Each has a different skill set and plays a different role.

The important thing is that every person knows his/her class and plays it right in the various situations that arise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver
    Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    its ok.... at least the archers and Bm's dont get as much hate as sins do .__.
    Apparently its more difficult to milk a smurf than originally conceived..
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hmmmm let me seeeeee BM's:

Im a bm and i do everything ..we as bm's are not limited to any damn thing.Knowing the roles of your team and what things that can aid u in your attack makes a BM very VERY deadly against any boss/mob/group.A demon BM will blow a hole through anything ANY DAMN THING when the sqaud is composed accordingly.To be honest i rather have another fist demon bm over an archer for the fact they can handle the heat.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    hmmmm let me seeeeee BM's:

Im a bm and i do everything ..we as bm's are not limited to any damn thing.
    Knowing the roles of your team and what things that can aid u in your attack makes a BM very VERY deadly against any boss/mob/group.A demon BM will blow a hole through anything ANY DAMN THING when the sqaud is composed accordingly.To be honest i rather have another fist demon bm over an archer for the fact they can handle the heat.

Oh, good. I'll get a bm to heal me next time. b:avoid b:laugh

Anyways, this is a necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks